2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
52 members (Cheeeeee, Adam Reynolds, Cominut, Burkhard, 1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, 36251, 5 invisible), 1,283 guests, and 277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
cliffie Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Age late 60s, had many lessons before 12 yrs old, haven't played in 50+yrs, just getting back to it, SLOWLY! Was wondering if there is any PC program to hook to an electronic keyboard that shows what key is struck while following a staff of music so as to aid in sight reading. What I'm getting to is instantaneous feedback by having the note on the sheet music on the computer change color when the note is struck on the keyboard IF it is the correct key hit and if not, the wrong key struck shows up as say yellow. I was thinking this would be a way to get through basic key work for sight reading. As a follow along, a moving "window" would move along the music staff to denote a "timing" frame of when to hit the note. This window could be adjusted to narrow down the "slop" as skill level increased. I realize that this is not "piano lessons" but just eye finger co-ordination much like a typing tutor.
Does anyone know of any training program like this? I have looked at some of the electronic teaching systems and they don't seem to provide this instantaneous feedback to the eye.
Here's hoping I don't get shot down for asking a dumb question
Thanks for any reply.

F
F
I remember seeing something called Piano Cheetah, maybe check that out to see if it does what you require. I'm not really familiar with these programs.

Zaahir

Self-taught renegade - Kawai CL-36
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
There is always synthesia.

I've not kept up to date. But it has an onscreen keyboard which you press a key it shows what key you pressed and only lets you progress when you hit the correct key.

Last I used it, the sheet music scrolled at the top with a red bar marking where you were. While the main portion of the screen used falling notes, almost like an automatic piano where there is paper with holes in it.

I drifted away from synthesia tbh because I found it was teaching me bad things. But if you have a lighted keyboard then it can also give you direct feed back by lighting the keys. You have to buy the $40 learning pack though.

Though a lighted keyboard will limit you primarily to 61 key er keyboard.

Unless you can find the super rare Casio PX-500L.

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission