2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
53 members (Aylin, brdwyguy, bcalvanese, accordeur, 36251, Bostonmoores, 20/20 Vision, Adam Reynolds, Burkhard, 1200s, 6 invisible), 1,336 guests, and 309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
OP Offline
S
Hallo guys , welcome back again

Sorry for the long absence , had med school final exams ,

Check this waltz , i performed this 16 months after learning piano from the scratch .

Hope you enjoy , waiting for your responses critics and advice.

https://soundcloud.com/samir-ahmed-1/chopin-waltz-in-a-flat-major

S
OP Offline
S
No one heard it yet ??

G

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member
G
I've listened. It is an ambitious work to be learning and presenting after just 16 months on the bench.

Overall, for critique since you have asked, first of all I would say you are doing extremely well with it and good for you.

Oddly enough, I have recently added this one to my line up and do know a bit of what is involved.

Now for the harder stuff and please keep in mind, I am NOT a piano coach, so this is just what I have been coached on myself. Yes, this is "con espressione" with tempo indications in a few spots. I would still suggest getting out Metronome and getting the tempo solid throughout, before venturing off too far with interpretation.

Also, listen to professional recordings (many different ones) for other interpretations.

Just my two cents. Good job with it. And join us on the Classical Sonata Analysis for a closer look at works like this and understanding them better.

Here is one ...

Well done, more than i can do and i have played a lot longer :-(

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Greener
I've listened. It is an ambitious work to be learning and presenting after just 16 months on the bench.

Overall, for critique since you have asked, first of all I would say you are doing extremely well with it and good for you.

Oddly enough, I have recently added this one to my line up and do know a bit of what is involved.

Now for the harder stuff and please keep in mind, I am NOT a piano coach, so this is just what I have been coached on myself. Yes, this is "con espressione" with tempo indications in a few spots. I would still suggest getting out Metronome and getting the tempo solid throughout, before venturing off too far with interpretation.

Also, listen to professional recordings (many different ones) for other interpretations.

Just my two cents. Good job with it. And join us on the Classical Sonata Analysis for a closer look at works like this and understanding them better.

Here is one ...

Thank you for your response.. I will definitely join you and i would try to consolidate my tempo

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you uk paul for your response.. Keep playing and you will definitely get better

A
A
After only 16 months that is very impressive and pleasant. The only thing put me off was the squeaky noise probably from sustain pedal.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by AshwayGap
After only 16 months that is very impressive and pleasant. The only thing put me off was the squeaky noise probably from sustain pedal.

Yes its the damn sustain frown needs maintenance .

Thank you for your reply

W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
I'm just seeing 'waiting for soundcloud' flickering fast, seems there's some prlbem with the link.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
S
OP Offline
S
I jUst rechecked the link . Works fine .

T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
You've done very well to get it to this stage in such a short space of time!
What I would suggest now is that you do some metronome work to get the tempo even.You'll find that your timing has gone out in places, especially the "con anima" section.If you're not used to working with a metronome then it'll take a while to learn how to use it.There's probably lots of tips on this forum about using them.
Once the tempo is straightened out you can lose the metronome and work on interpretation.The dynamic of the piece is mainly piano, but there's a fantastic opportunity to show off your crescendo skills at the sections marked "poco a poco cresc" which ends with a Sforzando.These sections could almost have been designed as an easy study for learning how to crescendo.And then you have the nice contrasting P to follow.
The 13 and 12 note runs are the most difficult things to get right and require lots of practice to make them light and smooth.

Last edited by timmyab; 01/22/13 12:05 PM.
P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
You have good balance between the hands, with RH predominant and LH providing light accompaniment.

I heard no sense of meter at all, much less a waltz.

I would like to hear it sounding lighter and smoother, and with some sense of phrasing. Right now it sounds like an endless succession of notes without much musical meaning.

How long have you been learning this piece?

Piano Career Academy - Ilinca Vartic teaches the Russian school of piano playing
Musical-U - guidance for increasing musicality
Theta Music Trainer - fun ear training games
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Very good for the length of time you've been playing Sam- way beyond what I can play! I like the squeaky pedal by the way.. smile .My dear old Piano's right pedal squeaks when my teacher plays him ( I am not on pedal yet). It's kind of charming. Is your piano antique?

Last edited by EdwardianPiano; 01/22/13 06:09 PM.
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by timmyab
You've done very well to get it to this stage in such a short space of time!
What I would suggest now is that you do some metronome work to get the tempo even.You'll find that your timing has gone out in places, especially the "con anima" section.If you're not used to working with a metronome then it'll take a while to learn how to use it.There's probably lots of tips on this forum about using them.
Once the tempo is straightened out you can lose the metronome and work on interpretation.The dynamic of the piece is mainly piano, but there's a fantastic opportunity to show off your crescendo skills at the sections marked "poco a poco cresc" which ends with a Sforzando.These sections could almost have been designed as an easy study for learning how to crescendo.And then you have the nice contrasting P to follow.
The 13 and 12 note runs are the most difficult things to get right and require lots of practice to make them light and smooth.

Thank you .. I will try the metronome again

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by PianoStudent88
You have good balance between the hands, with RH predominant and LH providing light accompaniment.

I heard no sense of meter at all, much less a waltz.

I would like to hear it sounding lighter and smoother, and with some sense of phrasing. Right now it sounds like an endless succession of notes without much musical meaning.

How long have you been learning this piece?

Three months..

What would you suggest regarding phrasing ?? .. Im pretty naive .

And how can i make it sound like a waltz?

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by EdwardianPiano
Very good for the length of time you've been playing Sam- way beyond what I can play! I like the squeaky pedal by the way.. smile .My dear old Piano's right pedal squeaks when my teacher plays him ( I am not on pedal yet). It's kind of charming. Is your piano antique?

Welcome again edward my dear friend..

Its a digital yamaha with F4 sustain

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission