Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2018874 - 01/22/13 09:01 AM Here comes the cold!
RonTuner Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chicagoland
And with it, the indoor humidity is dropping!

This is the lowest I've seen this year - how about you?

my piano videos:
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=drwoodwind

(ad PTG 568) Grand Action Regulation in 37 Steps
Grand Action Regulation in 37 Steps
#2018880 - 01/22/13 09:11 AM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: RonTuner]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Grand Rapids Michigan
I've seen the RH as low as 8 % here last month already. It's BUTT COLD here in Michigan, around 1 degree and lower with the wind chill.
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#2018885 - 01/22/13 09:26 AM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: RonTuner]
RonTuner Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Around 14% here at school this morning. The weather in Chicago has been so mild the last few years that everyone seems to be treating the cold as something unusual - it IS January after all! Dipped just a bit below zero this morning... Time to pull out the bigger coat and the flannel-lined jeans! Just last week, most indoor humidity was still in the mid to upper 30% range...

my piano videos:

#2018893 - 01/22/13 09:45 AM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: RonTuner]
woodog Offline

Loc: Bowling Green, KY
14°F makes for a brisk bicycle ride into work. (wool, baby!)

It also makes for frozen brake cables... much fun to find that out as you are headed down a hill!

My piano doesn't like the low humidity, that's for sure!

Forrest

--------------------
current studies:
Debussy: Suite Bergamasque
Beethoven Op. 78
Bach WTC 1, C# Major (#3)

#2018900 - 01/22/13 09:53 AM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: RonTuner]
Emmery Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Niagara Region, On. Canada
5 deg F here in Fort Erie this morning. Outside RH is 56%, inside it is about 27%. Have to feed my DC unit water every week and half now. At this point I convert from both celciaus and fahrenheit to the more appropriate and universally understood $%&@# its cold scale.

#2018918 - 01/22/13 10:19 AM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: RonTuner]
Eric Gloo Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Richfield Springs, New York
Does that thermometer read 79.4 degrees??? If so, that's one of the main reasons the humidity is at 18%.
Richfield Springs, New York

#2018945 - 01/22/13 11:10 AM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: RonTuner]
RonTuner Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Yup, the heat in that room was crazy! It was still 20% downstairs in another studio where the temp was 61 degrees...

my piano videos:

#2018971 - 01/22/13 11:46 AM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: RonTuner]
Mark Cerisano, RPT Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
RH is an interesting thing that not everyone understands. I, myself, only really understood it about ten years ago, after being a tuner for three years and having a degree in engineering. Another tuner explained to me.

It is a percentage that describes the Actual Water Content in the air (call it AWC), relative to the Total amount of Water that the air is Capable of holding (call it TWC). RH = AWC/TWC

Higher temperature and lower atmospheric pressure increases the total amount of water that the air is capable of holding. (Higher temperature increases TWC, which reduces the fraction AWC/TWC, and therefore reduces RH.)

That is why Eric says the high temperaure reading is contributing to a lower RH reading on the hygrometer.

Cold temperature actually produces high RH (outside that is). As the temperature drops, the total amount of water that the air is capable of holding (if there was excessive water around to be held) decreases. (TWC decreases) And AWC/TWC (RH) actually increases. When the temperature gets really low, the air cannot hold very much moisture at all, we see it all around us as snow; the water has been "squeezed" out of the air. But then we bring the air into our homes and heat it up. So AWC has decreased (condensation) and TWC increases due to higher temperatures, and AWC/TWC (or RH) decreases.

So, for example, keeping a piano in a cold garage (not below 32 deg F, 0 deg C, that can cause swollen wood when the water freezes in the wood fibres) can actually put it in a decent RH environment.

I once left a hygrometer in my car in the summer time. When I came back, it read 44 deg C. (111 deg F) and 42% RH! (TWC was very high due to high temperature, and therefore AWC/TWC was lower than outside.)

There are many more implications to this when considering air conditioning which strips AWC and humidifiers and drafts and cold basements and hot upper floors, etc.

E.g. Air from an air conditioner, immediately leaving the unit, has a very high RH (the air has just been cooled down to 100% RH and lower. That's why there's condensation out the back). Yet, we generally assume an air conditioned home has a lower RH, which in most cases is has, but not right next to the A/C.

100 year old pianos with no soundboard cracks, may have spent many years in poorly heated and drafty homes, which kept the RH from going too low. Today, the efficient homes' insulation allows us to keep the heat up but results in lower RH than an older inefficient home would produce.

#2018987 - 01/22/13 12:10 PM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: Mark Cerisano, RPT]
Emmery Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPT
RH is an interesting thing that not everyone understands. I, myself, only really understood it about ten years ago, after being a tuner for three years and having a degree in engineering. Another tuner explained to me.

It is a percentage that describes the Actual Water Content in the air (call it AWC), relative to the Total amount of Water that the air is Capable of holding (call it TWC). RH = AWC/TWC

Higher temperature and lower atmospheric pressure increases the total amount of water that the air is capable of holding. (Higher temperature increases TWC, which reduces the fraction AWC/TWC, and therefore reduces RH.)

That is why Eric says the high temperaure reading is contributing to a lower RH reading on the hygrometer.

Cold temperature actually produces high RH (outside that is). As the temperature drops, the total amount of water that the air is capable of holding (if there was excessive water around to be held) decreases. (TWC decreases) And AWC/TWC (RH) actually increases. When the temperature gets really low, the air cannot hold very much moisture at all, we see it all around us as snow; the water has been "squeezed" out of the air. But then we bring the air into our homes and heat it up. So AWC has decreased (condensation) and TWC increases due to higher temperatures, and AWC/TWC (or RH) decreases.

So, for example, keeping a piano in a cold garage (not below 32 deg F, 0 deg C, that can cause swollen wood when the water freezes in the wood fibres) can actually put it in a decent RH environment.

I once left a hygrometer in my car in the summer time. When I came back, it read 44 deg C. (111 deg F) and 42% RH! (TWC was very high due to high temperature, and therefore AWC/TWC was lower than outside.)

There are many more implications to this when considering air conditioning which strips AWC and humidifiers and drafts and cold basements and hot upper floors, etc.

E.g. Air from an air conditioner, immediately leaving the unit, has a very high RH (the air has just been cooled down to 100% RH and lower. That's why there's condensation out the back). Yet, we generally assume an air conditioned home has a lower RH, which in most cases is has, but not right next to the A/C.

100 year old pianos with no soundboard cracks, may have spent many years in poorly heated and drafty homes, which kept the RH from going too low. Today, the efficient homes' insulation allows us to keep the heat up but results in lower RH than an older inefficient home would produce.

You will find that your understanding of what RH is in the above falls far short of reality. Air is not even required for an RH reading , nor does air "hold" water vapour. John Dalton (scientist) concluded that the vapor pressure of water in air is independent of the existence of the air back in 1803. There are numerous conditions that blow simplified, dummied down explanations of RH clear out of the water. Eg. RH can be determined in a non air environment because air is not a requirement for water vapour to be present. Secondly, the common accepted number of 100% RH is mistakenly associated with the transition point/saturation point for water vapour. Again this is not correct wince it applies to the waters' molecule structure over a flat surface. A non flat surface such as a cloud formation will reach saturation at higher levels...typically 101-103%. The reality is that a perfectly smooth container with no abberations and a completely dust/molecule free environment in it can hold water vapour up to even 200-300% concentration before saturation occurs.

Best read this to fully understand what RH truly is, since numerous textbooks and other information sources dummy down the explanation to simple laymens terms which can be torn apart under close scientific scrutiny...

http://www.atmos.umd.edu/~stevenb/vapor/

Edited by Emmery (01/22/13 12:12 PM)

#2018996 - 01/22/13 12:26 PM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: RonTuner]
1000 Post Club Member

Thanks for that Emmery. I will certainly read it. But my interest is in practical applications of RH, in which my reasoning still applies. I'm not writing a thesis here, just providing practical advice that works in the real world that I live in, not space.

#2019086 - 01/22/13 02:34 PM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: Mark Cerisano, RPT]
Emmery Offline
2000 Post Club Member

I'm sorry Mark, but a definition of an extremely precise scientific measurement is exactly that, not a simplified explanation related to your own inferance of its specific use.

To put it in a nutshell, you state "RH is an interesting thing that not everyone understands. I, myself, only really understood it about ten years ago...It is a percentage that describes the Actual Water Content in the air (call it AWC), relative to the Total amount of Water that the air is Capable of holding (call it TWC)."

If your were talking about the "relative humidity of an air-water mixture" you are reasonably correct in your understanding. I simply pointed out that it is neither correct, nor a full understanding of it, if you are talking about "Relative Humidity". As for your explanation of its practicality, perhaps you meant "widespread common layman usage". RH measurements have been done practically on all gaseous containments of water vapour, including a vacume.

Would somebody have a reasonably good understanding of what "speed" is if I told them that its the velocity of an object measured by a speedometer? They could immediatly conclude that sound and light have no speed by that definition.

#2019102 - 01/22/13 03:02 PM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: RonTuner]
Ralph Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Delaware (slower/lower)
Well I don't know about this RH business too well, but I know it's freaking cold. I was in Chicago on Sunday on a lay over coming home to Delaware from vacationing in Hawaii for 2 weeks. What a shock coming off the plane at 5AM on Sunday in Chicago. 10 degrees and I hear Monday was colder. Ron I feel your pain.

#2019104 - 01/22/13 03:07 PM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: RonTuner]
pianolive Offline

Loc: Europe

#2019131 - 01/22/13 03:44 PM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: RonTuner]
1000 Post Club Member

Emmery, your understanding of RH obviously is more in depth than mine. But I am working in an air water mixture and my limited knowledge has served me well. My perspective is as a teacher; one whose mandate it is to help other people who want to learn piano tuning, be able to learn it as quickly as possible (quicker than I did, aanyway) and with a reasonable level of proficiency.

This explanation of RH has helped many of my students grasp the concept better and also helped me to make decisions regarding actual real-world piano experience, with expected outcomes.

Is it perfect? Is it an absolute definition of the entire elemental relationship of the individual parts? Of course not. No scientific explanation of anything is, or else science is dead.

What I deal with as a teacher and technician is cold, hard, factual reality; the reality that helps me service pianos and students. As for the advanced knowledge you refer to, I wasn't blessed with the requisite mental capacity that you obviously have, nor the time. As for being cold, I figure this RH scientific discussion has gotten cold enough. I say let's bury it and get back to the weather.

-10 deg C. (14 deg. F) in PEI. No wind, thank God. We had our deep freeze last week. Working at the university where temperature changes as I walk from one room to the next, yikes!

#2019158 - 01/22/13 04:36 PM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: RonTuner]
accordeur Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Québec, Canada
In the minus 20's celcius here and for the next dew days. Down to the minus 30s with the windchill. Brrrrr.

Musician, Tuner and Technician

www.actionpiano.ca

#2019171 - 01/22/13 05:09 PM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: RonTuner]
Ralph Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Delaware (slower/lower)
If dew point is when the air temp drops to a point where it exceeds 100% RH, what is supersaturated air?

#2019188 - 01/22/13 05:38 PM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: RonTuner]
rysowers Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Olympia, WA
Quote:
What I deal with as a teacher and technician is cold, hard, factual reality; the reality that helps me service pianos and students. As for the advanced knowledge you refer to, I wasn't blessed with the requisite mental capacity that you obviously have, nor the time. As for being cold, I figure this RH scientific discussion has gotten cold enough. I say let's bury it and get back to the weather.

Another cold, hard, factual aspect of reality, is that people often get annoyed when others try to give them a lesson when they haven't asked for it. smile

Your tone on the forum comes across (to me, at least) as a little condescending and opportunistic. I'm glad you enjoy teaching, but its good to know when to turn it off, or tone it down. That being said, you have a lot of good things to say and contribute.
www.pianova.net

#2019302 - 01/22/13 08:52 PM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: rysowers]
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: rysowers
Quote:

Another cold, hard, factual aspect of reality, is that people often get annoyed when others try to give them a lesson when they haven't asked for it. smile

Your tone on the forum comes across (to me, at least) as a little condescending and opportunistic. I'm glad you enjoy teaching, but its good to know when to turn it off, or tone it down. That being said, you have a lot of good things to say and contribute.

Another cold hard fact is that people don't like being told what to do. I'm here to educate. If you like my posts great. If not, stop reading them.

#2019310 - 01/22/13 09:09 PM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: RonTuner]
1000 Post Club Member

After rereading my last post, I reaize it sounds obnoxious. But maybe if you understand that my posts are written with the beginning technician or student in mind, maybe you won't be so offended.

#2019327 - 01/22/13 09:38 PM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: RonTuner]
Emmery Offline
2000 Post Club Member

"Another cold, hard, factual aspect of reality, is that people often get annoyed when others try to give them a lesson when they haven't asked for it."

...Especially if the lesson is incomplete, factually wrong, or coming from a tutor that knows less on the subject than they believe they do, and then dismisses the "extra" correct knowledge as inpractical or not of interest. Yeah, type A personalities will cringe from that.

#2019346 - 01/22/13 10:15 PM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: Emmery]
RestorerPhil Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
Every time I tell someone who talks about wanting to "keep the heat on for the piano," that it is relative humidity which matters most, I get a blank look. Got that same look from a guy with a doctorate in music just last week.

You would think there would'a been a course!?
frown wow
Rebuilding & Restoration

#2019365 - 01/22/13 11:01 PM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: RonTuner]
accordeur Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Québec, Canada
Mr. Cerisano,

I have to agree with Ryan. Even though you seem to have knowledge to share, your pompous teacher attitude tends to get ...

I don't know, and I am certainly not here to prove you wrong.

I am here, as a piano technician to share some of my experience, be able to ask questions, and hopefully have answers. It has been a success in my book.

Over the years on this forum, I have learnt a bunch of techniques and procedures. Some quite innovative, CA glue, teflon powder, protek, spurlock's jigs and procedures to name but a few. Del's posts are priceless. Just recently acrylic repair of ivory. A great resource.

And just good common sense.

We get to know the members and respect them for their contributions.

Having said that, I owe this forum, I have not contributed as much as I have received.

This forum is called the piano technician's forum.

I don't mind newbies or even DIYers, as long as they are earnest and inquisitive.

All the best.

Musician, Tuner and Technician

www.actionpiano.ca

#2019371 - 01/22/13 11:06 PM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: Emmery]
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Emmery
"Another cold, hard, factual aspect of reality, is that people often get annoyed when others try to give them a lesson when they haven't asked for it."

...Especially if the lesson is incomplete, factually wrong, or coming from a tutor that knows less on the subject than they believe they do, and then dismisses the "extra" correct knowledge as inpractical or not of interest. Yeah, type A personalities will cringe from that.

Practical performance is full of examples of approximations of complete scientific fact because the accurate prediction is impractical, too complicated and not useful. As well, the situation has its share of brilliant minds who continue to feel unrecognized and not respected because it appears no one is listening to them. They continue to exist in their own world where they are right and everybody else is wrong.

Perhaps the tech who couldn't explain to the doctor of music about RH would appreciate the more complete explanation of RH. Maybe he could explain the molecular situation with dust and smooth surfaces and super saturated 200 % RH. That should get him to realize the error of his ways.

#2019380 - 01/22/13 11:23 PM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: RonTuner]
Olek Online   content
7000 Post Club Member

Loc: France
What I understand is that RH percent number says how much moisture is in the air (or any gas if you want) before saturation.

So temperature and (athmospheric) pressure level influence the result.

I dont se why it may exprim the amount of water, only when making the reverse computation you obtain the weight of water in the gaz.

The "on a flat surface" aspect can probably be left aside for common understanding, but I dont get the explanations from Mark probably for the way they are presented.

The digital hr use the surface tension of the water in air to determine tge HR ? Is temperature tested by the Hygrostat ? I guess no it may only use conductivity to check a certain amount of water.

Then I question the error margin , unless the data are obtained with the help of thermometer often inclueded in the best hygrometers.

#2019382 - 01/22/13 11:25 PM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: accordeur]
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: accordeur
Mr. Cerisano,

I have to agree with Ryan. Even though you seem to have knowledge to share, your pompous teacher attitude tends to get ...

I don't know, and I am certainly not here to prove you wrong.

I am here, as a piano technician to share some of my experience, be able to ask questions, and hopefully have answers. It has been a success in my book.

Over the years on this forum, I have learnt a bunch of techniques and procedures. Some quite innovative, CA glue, teflon powder, protek, spurlock's jigs and procedures to name but a few. Del's posts are priceless. Just recently acrylic repair of ivory. A great resource.

And just good common sense.

We get to know the members and respect them for their contributions.

Having said that, I owe this forum, I have not contributed as much as I have received.

This forum is called the piano technician's forum.

I don't mind newbies or even DIYers, as long as they are earnest and inquisitive.

All the best.

That is so generous of you not to mind the DIYers. I can see I am going to have to stay in this forum and continue to be a voice for those. Of course, I would be more than happy to spend my time on the "Learn to Tune Pianos" forum, but there isn't one. So I guess we are all going to have to learn to get along. I think that's how Frank put it, wasn't it? Getting along would be so nice, not at all like name calling or put downs, would it? And yet, I don't seem to remember ever throwing the first stone in these forums. How strange. Why is that? People, please, remember why I am posting. I have already mentioned it. If you find my tone offensive, stop reading. The posts are not for you. You are like an experienced battle soldier who goes into an army cadet meeting and cringes at the toy rifles. I'll say it again, my posts are not for experienced techs who are offended by approach. My perspective is and always has been that piano tuning is a craft that any musical person can learn to do, with the right teacher. If I'm obnoxious and arrogant, my students made me that way. Strangely enough, my temper in front of a class is much more patient than you may gather from some of my defensive posts. You guys just bring out the best in me I guess. But, that's the beauty of social media, as I am starting to see. I know there are hundreds of techs etc just watching these proceedings saying "there but for the grace of God, go I"

So, post away. I may take my own advice and just stop reading them.

#2019403 - 01/23/13 12:06 AM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: Mark Cerisano, RPT]
rysowers Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: Mark Cerisano, RPT
After rereading my last post, I reaize it sounds obnoxious. But maybe if you understand that my posts are written with the beginning technician or student in mind, maybe you won't be so offended.

Mark - I'm sorry if you think I was offended - mildly annoyed? Perhaps. Offended - no. I also went out of my way to compliment you. I was (perhaps ineffectively) suggesting that taking a less professorial role here may make your ideas better received.

Edited by rysowers (01/23/13 12:06 AM)
www.pianova.net

#2019412 - 01/23/13 12:21 AM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: RonTuner]
RestorerPhil Offline

I am one who has realized that most doctors in music are doctors of music, and are not scientists. Most seem to think that, "In the winter, a warm room is good, and a cold room is bad, and it is that simple." Any explanation of why that is not necessarily the case often generated a blank look which revealed incredulity on their part. That is why I joked that one would think that doctors of music should have to take a course which at least explains the issues of RH for the sake of pianos, woodwinds, and other instruments which can suffer if the moisture content of the wood in them is altered too much or is altered too quickly.

There was a time when I would get into an explanation. The "blank look" has become so ubiquitous that I suppose I now anticipate it, choosing now to save my breath and foregoing the explanation to them, and get back to paying work. I can always give them a Dampp Chaser brochure later, and maybe get into a discussion with pictures to help get the point across.

It was a JOKE:
"You would think there would'a been a course!?"
frown wow
Rebuilding & Restoration

#2019419 - 01/23/13 01:06 AM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: RonTuner]
Olek Online   content
7000 Post Club Member

Give them a price for soundboard repair and a moisture table.

Because, no matter the conditions, if the piano is in trouble they wil think for a time there is some obscure relation with the tuner .

Before Dampp Chaser, ask where is the hygrometer and how is the moisture there. Then it is THEIR responsability to get interest in the matter.

Hygrometers where in all places with pianos yet in 1930. An Iphone is something else (explain them)

In the end we have to be offensive if we want to keep tge customer...as a technician or rebuilder.

If not uou could only sell them pianos, the adequate moisture conditions are part of he customer dues so it is not your trouble in that case.

Edited by Kamin (01/23/13 01:10 AM)

#2019475 - 01/23/13 06:40 AM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: RonTuner]
RestorerPhil Offline

How cold is it?

Pert' near cold!

How dry is it?

Bone dry!

What's in your piano?

grin
Rebuilding & Restoration

#2019487 - 01/23/13 07:36 AM Re: Here comes the cold! [Re: RonTuner]
Olek Online   content
7000 Post Club Member

Piano is too dry

Must be cracking the soundboard

Moisture desire

St Isaac "Kamin" the young - first age of dry MMXIII

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
166 registered (acortot, accordeur, Abby Pianoman, 36251, 48 invisible), 1908 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75896 Members
42 Forums
156839 Topics
2304536 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Speaker/monitor quieries
by Enthusiast
08/21/14 04:06 PM
Rubinstein or horowitz couldn't play op 10 no 1?
by rov
08/21/14 04:05 PM
For Sale: PE-2 PIANO PEDAL EXTENDER
by TakomaRose
08/21/14 02:04 PM
How is this possible?
by kaanguner
08/21/14 02:03 PM
Questions About Piano Magic for Sheet Music Readers
by newbert
08/21/14 01:51 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission