2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (Adam Reynolds, AJMurphy, Barry_Braksick, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, 7 invisible), 1,590 guests, and 218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
OP Offline
T
Ron88,

Since I like to do things myself I googled 'DIY keyboard stand' and found a video on it. :-) After I saw the endless possibilities using those parts, it was all down hill from there. The order shipped so hopefully I'll have the parts by Friday...

NP2, Arturia Laboratory 61

Addictive Keys, Kawai EX Pro
Heil PR-40 Mic, Allen & Heath Mixer, Yamaha HS80
T
OP Offline
T
UPS dropped off a package from Guitar Center today. Yay! I quickly unpackaged and assembled the parts to create the keyboard stand. It is really simple to adjust and take apart etc since the clamps just unscrew with handles. I am waiting on the Electronic Mount Arms with Clamps that went back order. That kit will mount to the top bar allowing me to add the MiniNova, computer or whatever else I choose. They make small plastic rings that clip onto the bars and hold cables neatly. I am going to order a couple. :-) From what I can tell this thing is pretty solid and will allow for infinite adjustments. I can't wait until my Nord Piano 2 is sitting on it.....
[Linked Image]

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Looks cool, congrats!

And the bonus is that if you run of out space in your wardrobe, you can always raise the top bar and hang some shirts.

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
T
OP Offline
T
LOL James! Yeah, I order the 43" vertical bars instead of the 36". If I decide I want to play while standing the keys will not be ridiculously low. It also allows the room I need for the second tier to be out of the way when keyboards are stacked. Heck I may even mount a coffee cup holder on it... Accessories are part of deal here... :-)

EDIT: If anyone is interested in doing this there is a little bit DIY involved. The rubber feet need to be able to slide onto the tubes. From the package they are only open at one end. What I did was use a small hole saw to open the end up and then finish the opening off with a drum sander attached to my drill press. Took about 30min...

Last edited by thercman; 01/24/13 12:29 AM.

O
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
O
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Looks cool, congrats!

And the bonus is that if you run of out space in your wardrobe, you can always raise the top bar and hang some shirts.

Cheers,
James
x

An elegant solution with repurpose potential.

S
S
Originally Posted by thercman
LOL James! Yeah, I order the 43" vertical bars instead of the 36". If I decide I want to play while standing the keys will not be ridiculously low. It also allows the room I need for the second tier to be out of the way when keyboards are stacked. Heck I may even mount a coffee cup holder on it... Accessories are part of deal here... :-)

EDIT: If anyone is interested in doing this there is a little bit DIY involved. The rubber feet need to be able to slide onto the tubes. From the package they are only open at one end. What I did was use a small hole saw to open the end up and then finish the opening off with a drum sander attached to my drill press. Took about 30min...

Did you post pic's?
I'm looking at building a 4 tier Gibraltar keyboard stand with the base or bottom position holding my Rhodes Mark II

If you have pics I'd love to see them
cheers
Steve

A
A
The K&M 18950 is one rock solid mother. Easy to set up and easy to fold. Once folded, it occupies very little space. Maybe 70 by 40 Centimetres. It may be a bit high for some people. I chopped off 5 Centimetres from mine at a price of 10 Euros and it is now just perfect for me.

B
B
I just got a px150 and I got this double X stand with it. Very stable. I have to super pound to make this stand shake but it doesn't wobble.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acce...vy-duty-deluxe-x-ergo-lok-keyboard-stand

unfortunately this is noticeably heavier than the px150 itself.

S
S

I'm not worried about setup and moving this keyboard stand as it will sit in the studio and not hit the road. I may however add the casters to I can move the rack around for access as well as readjusting the room and cleaning up around it.

I've got a small collection of Gibraltar road series rack parts from a drum rig. I'm going to add an number of the SC-GRSRA - Right Angle Clamp's and a few other pieces of tube and build essentially a solid base similar to the workhorse but for a seated position. I'll probably add a stabilizing bar along the back as well to ensure it nice and rigid.

Workhorse
http://www.gibraltarhardware.com/?fa=workhorse

I like the four legs approach but I also appreciate the flexibility shown here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB-Ekwi4tYA

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,310
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission