Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2021868 - 01/26/13 08:46 PM Calling all Casio PX 350 owners...HELP
BillTheSlink Offline

Loc: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
For the first time since I bought mine less than a month ago I played some of the electric pianos. THEY"RE BARELY AUDIBLE!! The keys make more sound than what is coming out of the speaker. Is this the case with all of them, or did I get a bad one. I need to know so I can get this puppy back to Musician's Friend before I have to start using the manufacture's warranty if it's defective.
Currently I am without a piano, but when I get mine back I will be working on "The Complete Piano Player", as well as Neely's "How to Play from a Fake Book. I am spending my time working on theory and learning how to construct chords currently.

(ads) Sweetwater / Roland
Your Next Keyboard is at Sweetwater

Click Here

#2021880 - 01/26/13 09:17 PM Re: Calling all Casio PX 350 owners...HELP [Re: BillTheSlink]
dmd Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: BillTheSlink
For the first time since I bought mine less than a month ago I played some of the electric pianos. THEY"RE BARELY AUDIBLE!! The keys make more sound than what is coming out of the speaker. Is this the case with all of them, or did I get a bad one. I need to know so I can get this puppy back to Musician's Friend before I have to start using the manufacture's warranty if it's defective.

If you are that unhappy with the sound I would send it back regardless of whether or not it is defective.

Current: ES7, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio device, SennHeiser HD555 Phones, Focal CMS 40 Powered Monitors, Ravenscroft275, Ivory II American Concert D

#2021888 - 01/26/13 09:29 PM Re: Calling all Casio PX 350 owners...HELP [Re: BillTheSlink]
galaxy4t Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Lakewood, CA
Try doing a system reset. Refer to the owners manual for how to do it. Back up any sounds, layers, or splits you might have set up and stored in the internal memory as all of this will be wiped out.

#2021923 - 01/27/13 12:13 AM Re: Calling all Casio PX 350 owners...HELP [Re: galaxy4t]
BillTheSlink Offline

Loc: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
That worked wonders, although in the manual they don't call it a system reset; they say "How to return to factory defaults". I liked to never found it. Sound for the EP still are low compared to the pianos, but reading the manual there is an adjustment to make it sound like your hitting the keys harder than you really are. If I ever do play the EPs I will have to try this, but since I am not a big fan of EPs as long as their functional I am happy. I am so happy with so many of the other tones I would never part with it though, unless someone wants to trade me their Yamaha CVP 505 or better for it. Hay I be happy to swap then. It's a great deal...honest. whome
Currently I am without a piano, but when I get mine back I will be working on "The Complete Piano Player", as well as Neely's "How to Play from a Fake Book. I am spending my time working on theory and learning how to construct chords currently.

#2021950 - 01/27/13 01:47 AM Re: Calling all Casio PX 350 owners...HELP [Re: BillTheSlink]
o0Ampy0o Offline

Originally Posted By: BillTheSlink
That worked wonders, although in the manual they don't call it a system reset; they say "How to return to factory defaults". I liked to never found it.

Not a manual reader, are you? smile

I think Casio did less experienced people a favor spelling out that heading.

I like to dig in and work my way around spatially as opposed to linearly. I do read the TOC line by line and jump to certain sections but I do not read the manual cover to cover.

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
170 registered (accordeur, AliAlkhiro, ajames, 36251, 53 invisible), 1807 Guests and 26 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76042 Members
42 Forums
157247 Topics
2309578 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New Kawai DP & RH3 action (CN35 & CN25)
by Northerner
09/02/14 04:50 PM
Kawai MP11 firmware v1.07
by DilEcosse
09/02/14 04:24 PM
all BBCode tags are broken
by beet31425
09/02/14 03:13 PM
Write melody contrapuntally
by kobethuy
09/02/14 03:03 PM
Yamaha N2 or CLP545
by Butteman
09/02/14 02:14 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission