2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
56 members (Adam Reynolds, AJMurphy, Barry_Braksick, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, 7 invisible), 1,724 guests, and 223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 227 of 370 1 2 225 226 227 228 229 369 370
Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
Eglantine, we'll still be here when you get back (even if we're no longer able to hear you very well).

I'm surprised by your experience of Ian Whatever; I know he ruled the band with a rod of iron but I'm unaware of any former members being poor, destitute or bitter and many of them stayed on for long periods. It doesn't seem to have bothered them unnecessarily. Ah, well.

Still, if personality were important we mightn't like Mozart or Wagner either, hmm?

I'm surprised to see you posting, cheechako. Are you bored with your PX330 already?

Rossy, I'm...I'm...still wondering what you're saying! I guess that post has been an epic fail!

Piano joy, what's happening? I had a quick peek here earlier and got a rhythm fix.
There's a gap in my life, I'm a broken man. It's like there's something missing.
It's like I've lost something...
Something...like the end of my yodel...

Richard
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
cheechako ate his dP earlier on.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
OK, here's the story: I posted a You Tube video of a song (La Camisa Negra- sung in Spanish) I heard today- is that what you're referring to? Loved the beat and melody; had never heard the song before . Then, I decided to "google" it and came up with all kinds of controversial issues surrounding the piece - something about it supporting "neo-fascism" in Italy? Huh?! Just had second thoughts about it..but I still love the music - it makes me want to dance! I don't know, I don't think any of that controversy made it across the Atlantic ....

Should I have left it? I'm not normally too concerned with being "pc" but didn't want to offend anybody HERE on this thread.

p.s. That "yodel" song (?) sure sounds like some old-timey country music that existed here decades ago- thankfully,before my time . Very, um, interesting.

smile

Last edited by piano joy; 04/05/12 07:20 PM.

I don't care too much for money. For money can't buy me love.
-the Beatles

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Piano Joy, that song has nothing to do with fascism. It’s just a love song.

Here you can read a translation to English.

http://www.traduceletras.net/en/juanes/la-camisa-negra/111974/

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
This song goes for Piano Joy. wink

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Thank you , Recaredo !

Next time, I'll check with you first!

smile

-the Beatles

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

It is not too often the YouTube comments section has something intelligent to say, but every once and a while you read something that shows some genuine insight. Here is what one poster said:

Don't know what it means. I think though, that this man whose beloved is deteriorating, and is trying to remember her for what she was, and is trying by his playing of music and reading to her, is showing our need to hold on to what's temporal. The anticlimactic event of her waking (then moving on) when he has retrieved the needed compound for her continued stasis (when he has little fuel) seems like a lesson, that we shouldn't waste our resources on those who aren't coming back.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Here is one more before I sign off for the night.

Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
It's wonderful to be able to compliment you on your choice, PPP. Thanks.

Piano joy, the reference to Mussolini's "Blackshirts" has nothing to do with the Spanish custom of wearing a black shirt when in mourning. Time to repost methinks.

Richard
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Richard, I'll take that invite...

-the Beatles

Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
Gracias, piano joy. ¡Qué alegría! Soy entero otra vez.

Richard
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Translation: "I have got us a room" for all I know that is, did I start a multilingual thread?
will go back to page one and check before whining.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by zrtf90
Gracias, piano joy. ¡Qué alegría! Soy entero otra vez.

μπράβο !
Καλή σας μέρα, Richard !

-the Beatles

Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
Thank you, piano joy.

My Greek is classical and limited but I get that!

smile

Richard
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
That Beatles video reminded me of this little gem:

Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
Good Afternoon everyone. I'm just counting down the hours till the weekend starts (at 5pm today).

I also wondered, Rossy, about the multi-lingual twist that this thread took. I thought about saying Good Afternoon in various languages but I would have had to have used Google Translate and then, of course, the spontaneity would have been lost.

I hope no one is offended by this clip, being as it's not actually being played by real people, well except they are sort of playing it on a computer, I guess. I just admire creative computer people especially since I am NOT one myself.

Happy Easter, everyone!

Sandy

C
C

I'm surprised to see you posting, cheechako. Are you bored with your PX330 already?

No, but my hands are a bit tired. This is my first weighted keyboard, and my fingers are still weak.

Although, if you count playing Seven Nation Army with all the different PX330 voices, then yeah, that got boring pretty quickly. smile

Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
Hi Sandy,

Thank you for the Easter sentiments. Allow me to return them and stay with a Russian theme, this is from one of our finest orchestrators. Enjoy your weekend.

The multi-lingual 'twist' was just an extravagance of mine. Not every Englishman is a monoglot. I have been working closely with a multi-lingual helpdesk so I'm used to a wide variety of languages at work. I also have to help my lads with homework in four languages at home. Here in Ireland, English, Irish and one modern European language is compulsory. My lads do French and Spanish. Polish is the second most widely spoken language here. I also read Latin daily, and Italian and German are requisite for the piano canon. It's difficult, sometimes, to restrict myself to one.

Richard
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Marvellous rendition on Russian Easter Festival Overture! I loved Gergiev’s conduction. Thanks for posting this video, Richard.

Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
Hi Sandy,

Thank you for the Easter sentiments. Allow me to return them and stay with a Russian theme, this is from one of our finest orchestrators. Enjoy your weekend.

The multi-lingual 'twist' was just an extravagance of mine. Not every Englishman is a monoglot. I have been working closely with a multi-lingual helpdesk so I'm used to a wide variety of languages at work. I also have to help my lads with homework in four languages at home. Here in Ireland, English, Irish and one modern European language is compulsory. My lads do French and Spanish. Polish is the second most widely spoken language here. I also read Latin daily, and Italian and German are requisite for the piano canon. It's difficult, sometimes, to restrict myself to one.

Thanks, zrtf90! I enjoyed that immensely!

I admire all the languages you (and others here) speak. I took 4 years of high school French, went to Montreal that summer and found I could neither understand nor speak with anyone. I was so disappointed! I took Spanish in 7th grade and can still recite the (American) Pledge of Allegiance (in Spanish). And that's it. frown My own children somehow weaseled out of having to take any language, and they actually regret it now.

Sandy

Page 227 of 370 1 2 225 226 227 228 229 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,310
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission