Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
70 registered (bennevis, 24 invisible), 1096 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#2002183 - 12/20/12 01:48 PM Re: Warning about Alfred Publishing [Re: Dan Clark]
MacMacMac Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: North Carolina
Really, this rant has gone far enough. Man up to it, Dan. Send back the unfit product. Or just suck it up.

Else, let's re-title this thread "Warning about Dan Clark".

(ads) Sweetwater / Roland
Special Financing on Digital Keyboards

Click Here

#2002185 - 12/20/12 01:50 PM Re: Warning about Alfred Publishing [Re: MacMacMac]
Dan Clark Offline

Loc: Bellevue, WA USA
I have "sucked it up" and threw out the defective products. They are not worth my time. As I wrote above, I've moved on to Faber and Faber.

If you choose to buy from the companies mentioned above, that's your choice.

Edited by Dan Clark (12/20/12 01:51 PM)

#2002194 - 12/20/12 01:57 PM Re: Warning about Alfred Publishing [Re: Dan Clark]
MacMacMac Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: North Carolina
And if you choose to rant about such frivolous points, I will ignore you. That's also my choice.

There was and is no need to huff on about trivia. No thank you for your "warning" about any of the vendors involved.

#2002207 - 12/20/12 02:33 PM Re: Warning about Alfred Publishing [Re: Dan Clark]
ONfrank Offline

Originally Posted By: Dan Clark
You are 100% correct. From a business perspective, it's completely nuts to send a floppy disk to someone. They could reduce the price by at least 1/3 and increase profit. So why don't they do it?

Regards,

Dan.

Perhaps they are not all about making a buck at the expense of the customer? Or maybe the fact that the book was published 17 years ago and no publisher is going to recall a perfectly fine book over something like this (and thus raising prices for everyone).

Now you call it a defective product? Stop being a drama queen.

#2002227 - 12/20/12 03:31 PM Re: Warning about Alfred Publishing [Re: ONfrank]
Dan Clark Offline

Loc: Bellevue, WA USA
Read my posts. It has nothing to do with the book. It's the Midi disk!

If you're going to slam someone else, get the facts straight!

Edited by Dan Clark (12/20/12 03:38 PM)

#2002422 - 12/21/12 12:07 AM Re: Warning about Alfred Publishing [Re: Dan Clark]
bluebilly Offline

Loc: England
Floppy Discs and Midi connectivity are beyond me but some while back when I purchased my Alfred's Books 1&2 I also purchased the CDs, of course now the tunes are all to be heard on the Alfred's threads on this forum, and via You Tube, the CDs are no longer necessary.

#2012218 - 01/10/13 11:52 AM Re: Warning about Alfred Publishing [Re: Dan Clark]
Alfred Piano Team Offline

Alfred Music Publishing continues to produce General MIDI products in floppy disk format for those who have the older technology keyboards that have the MIDI floppy disk ports as standard equipment. There is no attempt to deceive or cheat anyone -- customers are still purchasing these disks. On these older keyboards, there are built-in MIDI functions and no computer is needed to use the GM floppy disks. Since that time, Yamaha and Roland, among others, marketed outboard General MIDI disk players that could be used independently with any piano or keyboard. You are correct that current computers and keyboards are not usually equipped to play these, so Alfred now offers several of its piano methods in GM format by way of download at www.alfred-music.com. Eventually we hope to have all our MIDI products available on this website. The files can then be purchased and downloaded to your home computer, after which you can load the MIDI files onto a thumb drive and plug this into your digital keyboard via the USB slot (provided the keyboard has General MIDI capability). Anytime there is a problem such as this one, please email us at keyboard@alfred.com, or give our Customer Service team a call at (818) 892-2452. We will find solutions! Thanks for the discussion.

#2012229 - 01/10/13 12:16 PM Re: Warning about Alfred Publishing [Re: Dan Clark]
Kbeaumont Offline

Loc: Virginia, USA
I don't believe that fraud is involved. Complacency seems the more likely issue. It is 2013, I haven't owned a floppy since 2003. A decade seems to me to be plenty of time to get them ALL online don't ya think? It seems to be the same issue in all publishing companies.

Newspapers could have owned news on the web had they started embracing online distribution and adapting their business model accordingly back in 1995!

Edited by Kbeaumont (01/10/13 12:20 PM)

#2012255 - 01/10/13 01:09 PM Re: Warning about Alfred Publishing [Re: Dan Clark]
hamlet cat Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert
Post removed.

Edited by ron88 (01/10/13 01:28 PM)

#2012271 - 01/10/13 01:34 PM Re: Warning about Alfred Publishing [Re: Dan Clark]
MomOfBeginners Offline

Loc: California, USA
Off-topic: I do find it funny that my Microsoft Word 2010 still has a floppy disk image as the icon for "Save". My 9-year-old asked me what it is and why they use that symbol to represent "Save". I had to tell her about the good old days.

#2025238 - 02/01/13 11:19 AM Re: Warning about Alfred Publishing [Re: Dan Clark]
aleexx Offline

It will be better choice.AS THE copyright date seems to be correct.There might be no legal issue with it.
But still I have no clear idea about this.

#2025251 - 02/01/13 11:46 AM Re: Warning about Alfred Publishing [Re: Dan Clark]
PattyP Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Texas
There is nothing wrong with Sheetmusicplus.com. I use them all the time and have never had a problem with them or any of the products they carry. The title of this thread is misleading. Don't let the OP put anyone off from using the site. Bottom line, let the buyer beware.

A tired dog is a good dog.

#2025259 - 02/01/13 11:52 AM Re: Warning about Alfred Publishing [Re: Dan Clark]
xorbe Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Mt View, CA
Speaking of sheet music, I perused one of the free sheet music links from this forum's main page, but then was greeted by an "upgrade to GOLD status to download this sheet for just $xx per month!" on said site.

#2025315 - 02/01/13 01:20 PM Re: Warning about Alfred Publishing [Re: xorbe]
dmd Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: xorbe
Speaking of sheet music, I perused one of the free sheet music links from this forum's main page, but then was greeted by an "upgrade to GOLD status to download this sheet for just $xx per month!" on said site.

You may wish to check that link again. I see the word FREE a couple of times on this forum's main page but nothing about FREE sheetmusic.

Current: ES7, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio device, SennHeiser HD555 Phones, Focal CMS 40 Powered Monitors, Ravenscroft275, Ivory II American Concert D, Pianoteq 5

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
- > Gift Ideas for Music Lovers < -
From PianoSupplies.com a division of Piano World.
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How to determine felt thickness without specifications?
by JoeThePro
12/20/14 01:09 AM
Trill technique question
by pianolearnerstride
12/19/14 10:19 PM
Anyone use a seat cushion?
by DeadPoets
12/19/14 08:48 PM
Lester Betsy Ross Spinet- worth?
by cobalt60
12/19/14 08:22 PM
How deep into the tuning hammer should pin go?
by JoeThePro
12/19/14 07:37 PM
Forum Stats
77362 Members
42 Forums
160006 Topics
2349703 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission