2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
66 members (benkeys, 1200s, aphexdisklavier, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, 10 invisible), 1,847 guests, and 273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
pikachu Offline OP
OP Offline
P

hi:)

well...i need portable digital piano for learning and maybe teaching in the future so it is important that the key's will feel like piano more or less (what they call scaled hammer action i think) and also i would like to have abilities to preform live.

my budget is not high and i was thinking about privia px-350,but i went today to a local music instruments store and i had the chance to try privia px-135 and also yamaha p-105 and the px-135 sounds like a toy near the yamaha p-105,the yamaha sounds much better but for it's price it gives a little if you compair it to the privia px-350 and according to that i have few questions:

1.since i cant hear the px-350 live (the local shop don't have it),do you know if the privia px-350,sounds better than the privia px-135? or it is the same sample for all the privia lines?

2.is there a kind of usb sound storage that i can connect to the privia px-350 to add better piano sounds? (i am not talking about midi vst, i mean some kind of audio portable sound bank box)

3.do the key's sensitivity working while playing midi vst instruments too? (i mean in general when it comes to digital pianos)

p.s if you have any other options in mind,please let me know.

thanks ahead.
pikachuNew Member

G
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
G
The Casio you tried has been replaced by the PX150, which by all accounts is a big step forward. The PX350 is a version with nicer speakers and some additional sounds, but it has the same tone generator as the PX150.

If your budget does not reach $1000 then your options are basically the Casios I just mentioned and the Yamaha you tried. Once you break the $1000 barrier there are far more and better options.

You can't add additional and better sounds via USB to digital pianos. You get what it has when you buy it. That's it. If you want sounds beyond what what is built in, you have to use a VST on a computer, triggered by MIDI.

Yes, MIDI transmits the same velocity information your piano uses internally and VST instruments are often exceptionally expressive and detailed.

S
S
either PX-150 or Yamaha p-105. I like yamaha much better

Yamaha P-250 | Galaxy II Pianos | Galaxy Vintage D | The GIANT | Ravenscroft 275
G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by pikachu

hi:)

1.since i cant hear the px-350 live (the local shop don't have it),do you know if the privia px-350,sounds better than the privia px-135? or it is the same sample for all the privia lines?

2.is there a kind of usb sound storage that i can connect to the privia px-350 to add better piano sounds? (i am not talking about midi vst, i mean some kind of audio portable sound bank box)

3.do the key's sensitivity working while playing midi vst instruments too? (i mean in general when it comes to digital pianos)

1. Yes Casio uses the same sample in all its digital pianos. I think the PX-350 sounds richer and fuller than the PX-135 thanks to the new piano sample and the AiR sound source.

2.Yes, you can connect a rack module through the MIDI IN/OUT jacks and a computer or ipad to the USB MIDI port.

3. Yes.

P
pikachu Offline OP
OP Offline
P
guys,you are very kind and helpfull:)
thanks for the fast answers:)

@gvfarns
if it is ok with you,i would like to hear some better options above the 1000 bucks? (abit above the 1000:)

Last edited by pikachu; 02/02/13 05:00 AM.
G
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
G
The usual suspects around $1000 are the Yamaha P155, Kawai EP3, maybe Yamaha YDP161. You never know how much you will pay for the latter.

Edit: actually the YDP161 was just replaced by the YDP162. I'm not sure how much of an upgrade the latter is yet, though. There's also the YDP-S51, but I don't yet know what it's selling for.

Last edited by gvfarns; 02/02/13 01:31 PM.
P
pikachu Offline OP
OP Offline
P
just wanted to let you know that i placed an order for px-350 about 3 days ago and it arived today
very nice gear + no problems here with the "vibrating speakers" as people been talk about and i located mine on mobile stand (stage stand).
very good piano sounds and also the e-pianos are surprisingly great (people been talk around the net about the other sounds of this model,but i am happy with most of the sounds (very few sounds are less good,but again very few) and you also can make some fine tuning to the sounds,so the chance to sharp the sound to your taste is big.
also i didn't know that it will come with 2 headphones outputs and it is cool imo and fo my needs. this d-piano,comes with many many fitures without to subtract the quality and i dodn't think that there are any other options even in the high end d-pianos,that gives you so many fitures and still keep very nice d-piano sound and feel.
what can i say...it is only the first hours for me with this d-piano and i will have to expirience some more,but it was important to me to tell you this,to help other people that are looking for digital piano around the 1000 bucks with my little impression, like you helped me:)

thanks again for your help:)

G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
Glad your happy with your Casio PX-350. I don't think it will disappoint you. It offers a lot of value for your money. Be sure to register it online to get the 2 additional years of warranty coverage.

P
pikachu Offline OP
OP Offline
P
thanks,i will do:)

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission