Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#2025314 - 02/01/13 01:19 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: CHAS]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
"When you can't win, attack the messenger."

True maybe. But it is illuminating . . . and funny

""

(ads) Sweetwater / PR /Roland
Special Financing on Digital Keyboards

Pearl River World's Best Selling Piano

Click Here

#2025347 - 02/01/13 02:22 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: KataiYubi]
PattyP Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Texas
I'm thinking the OP is a troll, considering his join date and post history.

Is there an "ignore" function on PW?

A tired dog is a good dog.

#2025355 - 02/01/13 02:51 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: KataiYubi]
Chris H. Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: UK.
I think there is plenty of room in the world for both digital and acoustic pianos.

As a pianist there is nothing I like better than to get my hands on a quality concert grand piano, however rare that is nowadays. Unfortunately I will never have the space or means to own one. Even so I still prefer my Yamaha upright to any digital. It's not necessarily the sound of individual notes or the action, more that it gives me feedback that I have never managed to get from a digital. In many ways it's inferior to the most modern and best digitals but I still get more enjoyment from it.

I also own two digitals. One is an old technics that I have in my teaching room and use to accompany students in two piano works as I only have one acoustic. The other is a stage piano that I take on gigs. Actually it's mainly classical stuff that I play on gigs and I've been glad of my digital when faced with some of the horrendous acoustics in hotels and small venues. At least I know where I am with the digital, everything works and it's in tune!

I think the main problem with acoustic pianos these days is price. I teach around fifty students and not one of them can get anywhere near being able to afford a nice grand piano. Even a decent upright costs an arm and a leg. So I find myself recommending digitals more and more and so far haven't noticed that they have been detrimental to my students playing.

#2025359 - 02/01/13 02:55 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: PattyP]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
"I'm thinking the OP is a troll, considering his join date and post history.
Is there an "ignore" function on PW?"

I wouldn`t worry. It`s a reasonable posting and has generated a lot of interest. You can always ignore it yourself if you want to. It won`t last forever.

""

#2025371 - 02/01/13 03:08 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: Chris H.]
adak Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: Chris H.
I think there is plenty of room in the world for both digital and acoustic pianos.

As a pianist there is nothing I like better than to get my hands on a quality concert grand piano, however rare that is nowadays. Unfortunately I will never have the space or means to own one. Even so I still prefer my Yamaha upright to any digital. It's not necessarily the sound of individual notes or the action, more that it gives me feedback that I have never managed to get from a digital. In many ways it's inferior to the most modern and best digitals but I still get more enjoyment from it.

I also own two digitals. One is an old technics that I have in my teaching room and use to accompany students in two piano works as I only have one acoustic. The other is a stage piano that I take on gigs. Actually it's mainly classical stuff that I play on gigs and I've been glad of my digital when faced with some of the horrendous acoustics in hotels and small venues. At least I know where I am with the digital, everything works and it's in tune!

I think the main problem with acoustic pianos these days is price. I teach around fifty students and not one of them can get anywhere near being able to afford a nice grand piano. Even a decent upright costs an arm and a leg. So I find myself recommending digitals more and more and so far haven't noticed that they have been detrimental to my students playing.

That is an interesting comment. What is your price breakdown for acoustics vs digitals?

I feel that digitals have to be upgraded more often as technology improves, as for acoustics there is price of tunings as time goes on. Acoustic pianos don't have to be replaced as often either.

Can you do a price breakdown for acoustics? What price would be a "nice grand" or "decent upright" be for you? What other costs are there that are associated with owning an acoustic piano?

In the end I have to wonder if owning an digital piano is really less expensive than owning an acoustic piano.

Edited by adak (02/01/13 03:10 PM)

#2025378 - 02/01/13 03:14 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: Chris H.]
Dave Ferris Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Glendale, Ca.

I think the main problem with acoustic pianos these days is price. I teach around fifty students and not one of them can get anywhere near being able to afford a nice grand piano. Even a decent upright costs an arm and a leg. to my students .

Most definitely. The ap manufacturers have practically priced themselves out of the market....at least with respect to players, teachers or aspiring players.

I couldn't believe the price, new, for that high end Yamaha upright..the model # escapes me right now. But I think it was over 12K, for an upright !

The only way a quality grand for most is even remotely obtainable is by buying used. It's so tragic because you have so many great players (both pro and serious hobbyists), along with dedicated teachers that are SO deserving that might never have the means ( much less the space to put it in) to acquire something nice. I can't begin tell you how many gigs/private parties I've played over the years in people's homes on a high end instrument that is nothing more then a piece of furniture to them. frown

Given the prices I totally get why people are turning to digitals. Heck I paid only $13,250 + Ca. tax for my Yamaha C7E in 1985 from Fields Piano in Orange County. What do they go for, new, today for God's sakes ?! I'm not into cars at all, but I'm fairly certain you could buy a mid-priced Lexus for what a new C7 sells for. cry

Edited by Dave Ferris (02/01/13 06:58 PM)
Edit Reason: added thought

2005 NY Steinway D, Yamaha CP5, CP4, Nord Piano 2
RCF TT08A & TT22A speakers

#2025379 - 02/01/13 03:14 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: KataiYubi]
36251 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Doctor, I get this very unpleasant ringing in my ear when I play repeated notes in the treble range of my piano.

Doctor: Then don't do that!

#2025382 - 02/01/13 03:19 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: Chris H.]
bennevis Online   content
4000 Post Club Member

How advanced are your students (in terms of ABRSM grade), and are they playing classical music?

I've often wondered when I hear intermediate-standard young pianists playing who seem not to be able to voice chords properly, bring out melodies within textures etc. Everything sounds one-dimensional, their chording is opaque, they can't seem to play softly or balance melody against accompaniment, yet they evidently have finger dexterity from being well-practised, and maybe even well-taught, but possibly not having an adequate instrument to practise on. Their parents tell me they use a digital at home, so it can't be uneven action (inadequate, possibly yes) at fault. Unresponsiveness to touch, maybe?

#2025391 - 02/01/13 03:42 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: peterws]
PattyP Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Texas
Oh, I'm not worried about it at all, peter. But I do find the OP's attitude to be rather condescending. Granted, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but when it's stated in such a way that is offensive or damaging it needs to be addressed. Perhaps I was hasty suggesting that the OP is a troll. Maybe he's just immature.

A tired dog is a good dog.

#2025394 - 02/01/13 03:47 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: KataiYubi]
RBMusik Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
This discussion is an absurd waste of time. An absurd, wasteful rant that adds positively nothing to any conversation. The idea is not to replace but to present a suitable alternative. The premises are all flawed. Starting from the argument that folks would choose a DP over an AP given no space, time, logistic or monetary constraints is just fish bait. Go back to your pianos and play folks. Leave the negative ninny rants to pros like the OP. He just opened the door, yelled fire, and ran for the hills. I feel like a fish.

#2025412 - 02/01/13 04:04 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: KataiYubi]
xorbe Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Mt View, CA
When is Dewster gonna weigh in? :^)

#2025414 - 02/01/13 04:07 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: KataiYubi]
jens4711 Offline

Loc: Danmark
Originally Posted By: chickenlump
I don't think anyone will disagree that no digital can replace a genuine,
well maintained concert grand for it's touch, character and tonality.

Sure, but I don't think anyone will disagree that no acoustic piano can replace
a modern digital piano or synth for it's versatility, choice of timbres,
ease of maintenance, and usefulness as a music production tool.

In fact I would suggest that in todays world, the acoustic piano is a very
specialized instrument, particularly suited for the classical niche genres. For
most modern and/or popular music genres is it simply not (any longer) as useful
as modern electronic keyboard instruments.

#2025415 - 02/01/13 04:08 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: Dave Ferris]
4000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Dave Ferris

The only way a quality grand for most is even remotely obtainable is by buying used. It's so tragic because you so many great players (both pro and serious hobbyists) and teachers that are deserving that might never have the means to acquire something nice. I can't begin tell you how many gigs/private parties I've played over the years in people's homes on a high end instrument that is nothing more then a piece of furniture to them. frown

Two years ago, I helped out a rather well-off family looking for a new baby grand for their little daughter. We met for the first time when they saw me playing in Steinway Hall, and they asked me to help them with their quest, because they didn't play and knew nothing about pianos. (They eventually ended up buying a K.Kawai because the dealer offered the best discount).

The parents appeared to have little interest in music and when I visited them on the day the piano was delivered, I began to get an inkling of what their principal interest in buying the piano was, when the father seemed more interested in admiring the piano from the other end of the room, in relation to the the other furniture, than in how the piano sounded in the room. And then, warning bells sounded in my brain when I suggested that they get a teacher for their daughter so that she could learn to play properly, but they said they'd think about it. Instead, they watched in admiration when the six-year-old sat down and picked out a few notes with one finger......

Still, hoping to get the whole family inspired, I gave them some CDs of mainly light/tuneful classical piano music (Fur Elise, Wedding Day at Troldhaugen, Moonlight Sonata -1, 'Elvira Madigan' etc) which were unwanted gifts I'd acquired over the years, and played some music for them on their new piano.

I'd forgotten about them until a recent post in the Piano Forum jogged my memory, and decided to give them a ring yesterday to see how they were enjoying their piano......

The wife told me that they decided not to bother with a teacher after all, the little girl had lost interest in playing, the father was picking out the odd pop tune on it occasionally, and after the initial free tuning, they hadn't bothered with any more.

But the piano is still a lovely piece of furniture, and polished regularly cry.

#2025420 - 02/01/13 04:12 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: offnote]
zapper Offline

Originally Posted By: offnote
I told you, digital pianos are like dildos....

#2025421 - 02/01/13 04:14 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: KataiYubi]
emenelton Offline

THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN BE PLAYED ON A CONCERT D THAT WON'T SOUND EQUALLY AS GOOD ON A CLP-120!

#2025422 - 02/01/13 04:16 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: bennevis]
Vid Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
What a waste!!! So many of use would sell our kidneys to have the space and the piano.

#2025427 - 02/01/13 04:19 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: emenelton]
ando Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted By: emenelton
THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN BE PLAYED ON A CONCERT D THAT WON'T SOUND EQUALLY AS GOOD ON A CLP-120!

So basically we are all trolls now, are we?

#2025429 - 02/01/13 04:25 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: KataiYubi]
emenelton Offline

I miss the rantings of the 'ole goat. (I'm not talking about the OP but you know who!).

Edited by emenelton (02/01/13 04:29 PM)

#2025430 - 02/01/13 04:27 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: KataiYubi]
gvfarns Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pennsylvania
One thing the OP said rings true: digitals are often overhyped. On the other hand, acoustics tend to be overhyped as well. Corporations have marketing departments specifically to overhype their products.

#2025438 - 02/01/13 04:37 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: KataiYubi]
emenelton Offline

Every instrument needs to be adapted to. It seems that great players sound great because they know how to adapt to the instrument.
Take it with a grain of salt. The OP made a blanket condemnation of DP's based on a visit to a retailer.
I remember seeing that video here not too long ago(sorry I can't remember specifics) of a Pianist just wailing a classical piece on what appeared to be a Yamaha 120. The piano was bouncing a bit, but he was incredible on that 10 year old slab!

#2025458 - 02/01/13 05:09 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: bennevis]
Chris H. Offline
2000 Post Club Member

My students range from beginner to grade 8 abrsm so I have the full range of abilities. The more advanced ones do tend to own acoustic pianos but not always what I would consider to be good ones. Mostly grey market yamahas or kawais which are fine and one has recently bought a new Chinese instrument by kingsburg. None have the space or budget for a grand. But then neither did I and yet I made it through to post grad at conservatoire and have given many recitals. When I left home to study at college I had access to great pianos but all I had up until then was a small upright.

When new students ask about instruments they usually have a small budget in mind as they don't want to waste money on something that might end up not being used. A decent upright to me would cost at least 3k pounds sterling. The other day I was looking at the current range of yamahas in London and prices for a U1 were around 6k ranging to 18k for an SU7. The smaller grands started around 15k from what I recall. But parents of kids I teach want to spend hundreds, not thousands. If that's all you can afford then digital is the way to go. Spend less than a thousand on an acoustic and it will be firewood.

#2025466 - 02/01/13 05:16 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: RBMusik]
MacMacMac Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: North Carolina
I agree.
Originally Posted By: RBMusik
This discussion is an absurd waste of time.
But after you posted that, emenelton posted a picture that made this thread just a little bit worthwhile.

That aside, yes ... a waste.

#2025473 - 02/01/13 05:22 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: KataiYubi]
emenelton Offline

She looks a little like The Nanny, Fran Drescher.
I didn't post the picture however, praise must be directed to Zapper!
My claim to fame was channeling our very own WILLIAM's Virtuoso.

Originally Posted By: emenelton

#2025481 - 02/01/13 05:34 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: jens4711]
chickenlump Offline

Originally Posted By: jens4711
Originally Posted By: chickenlump
I don't think anyone will disagree that no digital can replace a genuine,
well maintained concert grand for it's touch, character and tonality.

Sure, but I don't think anyone will disagree that no acoustic piano can replace
a modern digital piano or synth for it's versatility, choice of timbres,
ease of maintenance, and usefulness as a music production tool.

In fact I would suggest that in todays world, the acoustic piano is a very
specialized instrument, particularly suited for the classical niche genres. For
most modern and/or popular music genres is it simply not (any longer) as useful
as modern electronic keyboard instruments.

For sure, I was replying to him in the context of using a DP as a piano alternative for classical players.

I think there clearly are two different user bases of DPs, one who are seeking an acoustic replacement (for whatever reason) and wishes the piano to be as close to the real thing as possible, and there are ones who use DPs as an instrument category in its own right.

They're all valid.

#2025485 - 02/01/13 05:43 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: Chris H.]
4000 Post Club Member

My students range from beginner to grade 8 abrsm so I have the full range of abilities. The more advanced ones do tend to own acoustic pianos but not always what I would consider to be good ones. Mostly grey market yamahas or kawais which are fine and one has recently bought a new Chinese instrument by kingsburg. None have the space or budget for a grand. But then neither did I and yet I made it through to post grad at conservatoire and have given many recitals. When I left home to study at college I had access to great pianos but all I had up until then was a small upright.

When new students ask about instruments they usually have a small budget in mind as they don't want to waste money on something that might end up not being used. A decent upright to me would cost at least 3k pounds sterling. The other day I was looking at the current range of yamahas in London and prices for a U1 were around 6k ranging to 18k for an SU7. The smaller grands started around 15k from what I recall. But parents of kids I teach want to spend hundreds, not thousands. If that's all you can afford then digital is the way to go. Spend less than a thousand on an acoustic and it will be firewood.

Do you (or your students) read 'Pianist' magazine? In issue 65 (May-June 2012), the Steinmayer S108 was mentioned, costing £2090, voted as the 'best entry-level piano' by The Guardian, and as 'one of the ten best pianos' by The Independent in 2010. I can't vouch for its quality, not having played it myself, but it's significant that when Pianist went on to review acoustic uprights (as a group) in issue 67, only acoustics of over £5000 were considered - but DPs costing less than £2000 were also considered in another review.

I too only had a small vertical until I left home to go to boarding school, where the practice rooms had decent uprights. And at university, also the same Yamaha uprights in their practice rooms. I never played on a grand until my diploma exam...

#2025493 - 02/01/13 05:50 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: CHAS]
carey Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
Originally Posted By: CHAS
Originally Posted By: carey
Originally Posted By: offnote
I told you, digital pianos are like dildos....

A rather crude analogy based, I'm assuming, on your personal experience with both.......

ad hominem
When you can't win, attack the messenger.

Who said anything about winning???? grin

#2025497 - 02/01/13 05:54 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: KataiYubi]
Chris H. Offline
2000 Post Club Member

I used to subscribe to 'pianist' but haven't read it for a while. Never tried the steinmeyer, to be honest here in the midlands there are not many piano dealers to choose from. The kingsburg I mentioned is probably similar although it was taller and cost a little more. I played it and it was fine.

But like I said, most people think they should be spending about 200 to 300, at least at first. For this money you can pick up a used clavinova to get started with. I help them find these on the used market. Second hand acoustics are more difficult and bargains are becoming few and far between. I have never bought a brand new acoustic piano and probably never will, I just can't afford it.

#2025509 - 02/01/13 06:15 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: KataiYubi]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Jose, CA
"...Is there an "ignore" function on PW?..."

There is! I use it only for that select few who have proved that it is never worth hearing from them. Just left-click on the offender's name, select View Profile, and then click the radio button that says Ignore this User.

Give your blood pressure a few minutes to go down, and you're good from then on.

As for the question of whether digitals are junk--- it's at best overbroad, and can hardly be answered with any fairness. Some models are, others are really pretty good. Every instrument has its failings, including the AP. But it sounds like our OP might be happier with one. Personally, I have both and love both--- and I think it is very mean to compare the DP with those nasty spinets, which offer integrity in neither touch, sound, nor appearance. The better DPs can say more for themselves, and even the more modest ones serve the needs of those among us with a limited price point range (I still have my first one, in a closet).

I understand that an aftermarket program has found a use for worn-out spinets: constructing artificial reefs. It's a spinoff program, discovered when it was found that spinets really don't make very good boat anchors.

#2025512 - 02/01/13 06:18 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: Chris H.]
adak Offline

Lets take the 3k pounds example, buying a 3k pounds upright and play it for 10 years, it would still be a keeper. However if you buy a top of the line 3k pound yamaha cp1 stage piano, no way you will keep it after 10 years the advances in technology would have made it obsolete long ago. Replacing the digital would mean paying more money, making more expensive than buying an acoustical piano in the first place.

#2025533 - 02/01/13 07:16 PM Re: Who are we fooling - digitals are junk at this juncture [Re: bennevis]
Dave Ferris Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Glendale, Ca.
Originally Posted By: bennevis
Originally Posted By: Dave Ferris

The only way a quality grand for most is even remotely obtainable is by buying used. It's so tragic because you so many great players (both pro and serious hobbyists) and teachers that are deserving that might never have the means to acquire something nice. I can't begin tell you how many gigs/private parties I've played over the years in people's homes on a high end instrument that is nothing more then a piece of furniture to them. frown

Two years ago, I helped out a rather well-off family looking for a new baby grand for their little daughter. We met for the first time when they saw me playing in Steinway Hall, and they asked me to help them with their quest, because they didn't play and knew nothing about pianos. (They eventually ended up buying a K.Kawai because the dealer offered the best discount).

The parents appeared to have little interest in music and when I visited them on the day the piano was delivered, I began to get an inkling of what their principal interest in buying the piano was, when the father seemed more interested in admiring the piano from the other end of the room, in relation to the the other furniture, than in how the piano sounded in the room. And then, warning bells sounded in my brain when I suggested that they get a teacher for their daughter so that she could learn to play properly, but they said they'd think about it. Instead, they watched in admiration when the six-year-old sat down and picked out a few notes with one finger......

Still, hoping to get the whole family inspired, I gave them some CDs of mainly light/tuneful classical piano music (Fur Elise, Wedding Day at Troldhaugen, Moonlight Sonata -1, 'Elvira Madigan' etc) which were unwanted gifts I'd acquired over the years, and played some music for them on their new piano.

I'd forgotten about them until a recent post in the Piano Forum jogged my memory, and decided to give them a ring yesterday to see how they were enjoying their piano......

The wife told me that they decided not to bother with a teacher after all, the little girl had lost interest in playing, the father was picking out the odd pop tune on it occasionally, and after the initial free tuning, they hadn't bothered with any more.

But the piano is still a lovely piece of furniture, and polished regularly cry.

I posted right after Christmas in the Piano forum about playing a post Christmas party at an older couple's home on a Fazioli 212.
Neither one played...of course wink At least they were into having it maintained and did very much appreciate good music. It was so rare to encounter that on a gig. smile cool

Many, many wealthy folks just view their Steinway/Bosendorfer/Yamaha/Kawai as just another acquisition among their *toys* meant to impress their other well to do friends. A good 90% of the time that piano is used for strictly background ambience. I could be playing on my old Yamaha P120 and I'd bet my house most wouldn't notice the difference in sound. frown

2005 NY Steinway D, Yamaha CP5, CP4, Nord Piano 2
RCF TT08A & TT22A speakers

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
128 registered (ando, accordeur, Auver, 38 invisible), 1670 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75528 Members
42 Forums
156190 Topics
2293665 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Chord Book recommendation
by BWV 846
30 minutes 54 seconds ago
Love Scene Ver. 4 (Piano Solo)
by bharatbash
34 minutes 20 seconds ago
Replacing a treble string-Steinway B-under the bass strings
by Greg the Piano Tuner
Today at 11:47 AM
New set of studies probing Does Practice Make Perfect?
by music32
Today at 11:25 AM
Toyama Piano- A Year On.
by TheAccompanist
Today at 09:39 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission