2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (Adam Reynolds, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, 8 invisible), 1,592 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2025461 02/01/13 06:10 PM
P
peabody Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Any other 168 owners out there?

Last edited by peabody; 02/02/13 10:10 AM.

Peabody
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
present

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I don't qualify, but I did *almost* pull the trigger on a 190 this summer.

I have a question to those who may be more familiar with Estonia than I am.

Has Estonia killed the 7' that was supposed to be coming out? I was told by the dealer that they were expecting a 7' soon. It is listed in the brochure he gave me but there is nothing about it on the Estonia web site. Is the 7' Estonia dead? frown

Patty

A tired dog is a good dog.

Perzina GP-187
Kawai CP209

4000 Post Club Member
Online Content
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by PattyP
Has Estonia killed the 7' that was supposed to be coming out? I was told by the dealer that they were expecting a 7' soon. It is listed in the brochure he gave me but there is nothing about it on the Estonia web site. Is the 7' Estonia dead? frown
I don't want to hijack the thread, but the new Estonia model L210 (~6'11") is just now in production. Frank Baxter and a few other forum members like myself went to Ori's Manhattan store for a reception with the President of the Republic of Estonia in late September. The United Nations was in session and the reception introduced the first L210. That was fun!

The L210 debuted at NAMM last week and a quick search of YouTube or past threads on this forum will get you to just a couple of videos made so far. They will gradually become available to Estonia dealers worldwide. I'm on that waiting list. wink

I'm not surprised that brochures and website updates are lagging behind the development of the instruments. Except for the Pianoworld ad on the right featuring a picture of Frank's hands, I cannot remember seeing any other advertisement from the company. The Estonia L225 has been out for 2 years and, while it is now in the brochure, it still hasn't made the website.

Now back to the OP. I'm fresh out of Estonia L168's. I'm on the waiting list for those, too.

Sam Bennett
PianoWorks - Atlanta Piano Dealer
Bösendorfer, Estonia, Seiler, Grotrian, Hailun
Pre-Owned: Yamaha, Kawai, Steinway & other fine pianos
Full Restoration Shop
www.PianoWorks.com
www.youtube.com/PianoWorksAtlanta
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thanks for that info, Sam. While I'm not *currently* in the market for an acoustic grand, I'll be really interested to experience the new Estonia. Heck, maybe by the time they make it to my neck of the woods I'll be ready. thumb

Patty

A tired dog is a good dog.

Perzina GP-187
Kawai CP209

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I am a very happy owner of a 168 Estonia from 2000.

Some men are music lovers. Others make love without it.
M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
Amazing how popular the Estonia is, yet mine has been on sale on Piano-mart and the only bites are from Nigerians...

4000 Post Club Member
Online Content
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Mark...
Amazing how popular the Estonia is, yet mine has been on sale on Piano-mart and the only bites are from Nigerians...
Pianomart is a nice format and is convenient, however, having listed some used pianos on there for almost year of a variety of brands, I can say that is a reflection of the traffic on Pianomart moreso than Estonia. Nigerians really love pianos. I don't get many genuine inquiries for any brand listed.

Sam Bennett
PianoWorks - Atlanta Piano Dealer
Bösendorfer, Estonia, Seiler, Grotrian, Hailun
Pre-Owned: Yamaha, Kawai, Steinway & other fine pianos
Full Restoration Shop
www.PianoWorks.com
www.youtube.com/PianoWorksAtlanta
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Saying Estonia is a popular piano at PW or a highly regarded piano by many afficionados is different from saying it's popular. Most average piano buyers have never heard of Estonia (or many of the pianos frequently discussed at PW). If they only make/sell 300 pianos per year that's not popular in the sense of well known or highly regarded by the general public.

Last edited by pianoloverus; 02/02/13 08:40 PM.
M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by pianoloverus
Saying Estonia is a popular piano at PW or a highly regarded piano by many afficionados is different from saying it's popular. Most average piano buyers have never heard of Estonia (or many of the pianos frequently discussed at PW). If they only make/sell 300 pianos per year that's not popular in the sense of well known or highly regarded by the general public.

True, but a piano that is in short supply in the new department, should drive up some interest in the used department, even if it is less known by the general public.

Mark:

Insider tip:

Please consider to perhaps start accepting your dealer's repeated offers to assist re the the small adjustment your piano seems to need. For reasons unknown you keep insisting to use exclusively your own tuner who is also your teacher, someone who doesn't seem to like much the piano you bought.

Please remember that the dealer you bought your piano from happens to be one of the most respected dealers in U.S. and has repeatedly offered you assistance in the matter.

Mark, your story is so out of the ordinary that it's simply not believable. There's nobody who had a problem with Estonia that couldn't have easily fixed. I wrote you several times myself to help but didn't get the feeling you "wanted" to be helped.

You may have your own reasons why you're doing what you're doing but it's not gonna be beneficial to you, your piano or your chances to sell.

This all said in good will to get results for you instead of being permanently locked in what appears to be a "hopeless situation".

Please consider again: if only for being able to sell piano.

Plus stop getting dubious mail from Nigeria....

Norbert smile

Last edited by Norbert; 02/02/13 09:47 PM.

M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Norbert
Mark:

Insider tip:

Please consider to perhaps start accepting your dealer's repeated offers to assist re the the small adjustment your piano seems to need. For reasons unknown you keep insisting to use exclusively your own tuner who is also your teacher, someone who doesn't seem to like much the piano you bought.

Please remember that the dealer you bought your piano from happens to be one of the most respected dealers in U.S. and has repeatedly offered you assistance in the matter.

Mark, your story is so out of the ordinary that it's simply not believable. There's nobody who had a problem with Estonia that couldn't have easily fixed. I wrote you several times myself to help but didn't get the feeling you "wanted" to be helped.

You may have your own reasons why you're doing what you're doing but it's not gonna be beneficial to you, your piano or your chances to sell.

This all said in good will to get results for you instead of being permanently locked in what appears to be a "hopeless situation".

Please consider again: if only for being able to sell piano.

Plus stop getting dubious mail from Nigeria....

Norbert smile

Norbert, you don't know what you are talking about. I have been using the tuner the dealer recommended two years ago (John Gunderson). He was here this week. Check with the dealer and the tech.

As for the dealer, his main guy said I needed new strings on the high end when he left 15 months ago, and when I tried to setup an appointment for the work, they wouldn't take or return my calls after numerous attempts.

You really need to mind your own business, you have no clue.

When they did the previous work it took them four months to get the parts and 3 months to install them. They chipped the plate too. And then mailed me touch up paint.

As I told you in a PM, I gave up on the dealer and moving on to selling it. If it hurts your feeling or your brand reputation too bad. I don't even think Estonia piano's are bad, mine isn't up to their high standards and the service hasn't been good.

And my previous posts in this thread did not mention any issues with the piano...

Mark:

When they did the previous work it took them four months to get the parts and 3 months to install them.

There are no Estonia parts that wouldn't be available within few days or weeks at the longest.

We once had to order a whole lid which was damaged in transit, it took 2 weeks, the longest we ever had to wait for anything.

By the way, did you forget to mention that the dealer offered you also to exchange your piano or give you full value towards another one?

I'm not here to make a case "for" or "against" your situation but if people would know who the dealer in question is I don't thing your case would be considered very credible.

It's all I wish to say - best wishes,

Norbert smile

Last edited by Norbert; 02/02/13 10:38 PM.

M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
Mark:

Did you forget to mention that the dealer offered you also to exchange your piano or give you full value towards another one?

Norbert

I should of taken him up on that deal, but the Estonia's he had at that time all had the same string leveling problems and we thought it could be fixed in mine. I wasn't interested in the other pianos he had either or spending more money.

But nice diversion from the real issue Norbert...

M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
Mark:

When they did the previous work it took them four months to get the parts and 3 months to install them.

There are no Estonia parts that wouldn't be available within few days or weeks at the longest.

We once had to order a whole lid which was damaged in transit, it took 2 weeks, the longest we ever had to wait for anything.

By the way, did you forget to mention that the dealer offered you also to exchange your piano or give you full value towards another one?

I'm not here to make a case "for" or "against" your situation but if people would know who the dealer in question is I don't thing your case would be considered very credible.

It's all I wish to say - best wishes,

Norbert smile

Norbert, everything I have stated is the truth. Ask the dealer.

I have. Quite extensively actually.

Got a very different version of things....

Very Sincerely

Norbert

M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M

I have. Quite extensively actually.

Got a very different version of things....

Very Sincerely

Norbert

Then he is lying... good night.

Think about it. I gave up on the dealer, he is off the hook. I am selling the piano and making the best of it. YOU bring up the issues about the problems, but not me. So why would I not be honest. What would be my agenda. We know your agenda is to protect the brand, or is it a sneaky way of you to knock the dealer in question? I have no agenda but to move onto another piano...people are not stupid.

PS: I saved all our PM conversations and the ones with the dealer. If I post them you will truly be embarrassed.

P
peabody Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi Mark....
I am interested in the issues you had with your 168. Could you please summarize? I have had mine for about a year and, though I enjoy the overall tone.... the treble section is unpleasant to my ears and a few of the notes in particular have a dead sound to them. My dealer keeps saying time will heal but I wonder.

Thanks

Peabody
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
Mark:

I'm not here to make a case "for" or "against" your situation
Norbert smile

Sure you are and you know it.

Laugh More
Yamaha G7 - Roland FP7 - Roland FP80
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Online Content
Originally Posted by Roger Ransom
Mark:

I'm not here to make a case "for" or "against" your situation
Norbert smile

Sure you are and you know it.
Of course he is. The part of the sentence after "but" does exactly what he says he's not doing!

"I'm not here to make a case "for" or "against" your situation but if people would know who the dealer in question is I don't thing your case would be considered very credible."

Last edited by pianoloverus; 02/03/13 03:32 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,310
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission