2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (busa, clothearednincompo, Doug M., 36251, Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, benkeys, Burkhard, 5 invisible), 1,119 guests, and 253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
A
Again, I'm a better piano player than a photographer or poster of images. Perhaps a rather low bar to meet... But, oh, how I love the sparkle of my piano and it's wonderfully resonant bass. Very lively to the touch yet plays like silk.

This photo may show you the legs. I'll have to do some "beauty shots" of our Estonia 225 later with better lighting. This photo makes it look too short. I paid for all 225 cm and I need to take a photo that reflects that. Also, this photo doesn't show the beautiful bubinga wood on the underside of the lid.

[Linked Image]

A
A
Yes, I bought the little floor lamp just to have it show off the underside of the lid. The lamp makes all the difference for my guests. I considered all kinds of options but this lamp works great.

Trish (Steinway rep in Alaska) is organizing my tuning, voicing, etc., and she promises to have two excellent musicians come to my house for an official "opening" evening for the Estonia 225.

It was a strain for me to spend this much money but, sadly, there was a death in my family about two years ago and I realized I better get on with buying the piano of my dreams. I had looked for about 5 years and almost pulled the trigger on a 190 as the other poster said. (It got sold while I was thinking it over for one day.) I first ordered the 190 but a little glitch (no one's fault) gave me a second chance to rethink and remember that I would only buy one piano in my life. Hence the 225 sits resplendent in my too-small living room. How lucky I am to have the piano of my dreams.

Also, during my five year search, I loved the Mason and Hamlin pianos, just loved them, especially the BB. But Estonia won out for me every time I had the chance to comparison play at a dealer. A few years back, I even had the chance to play an Estonia concert grand in Denver at a dealer. I remember clearly that I had to stop halfway through the piece I was playing because I couldn't bear knowing that I would never be able to own such a beautiful piano. How little I knew. A 225 is not a concert grand but it is fabulous.

Well, I'm sure life will sweep along and keep me from posting for a few months but I really appreciate the enthusiasm and kind words of the people in this thread. I am going to try out a few more lessons starting tomorrow with a Russian piano teacher here in Alaska. I hope it will go well. My piano playing anxiety when there is anyone else in the room knows no bounds.

Now if I can just get my 11 year old to keep taking HER piano lessons....

Thanks again, everybody.

Cheers.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
If you would like your bench legs to match better, Jansen has a couple of styles that are "unlisted". What you would need is style J10. Shhh! Don't tell anybody I told you about 'em.

Sam Bennett
PianoWorks - Atlanta Piano Dealer
Bösendorfer, Estonia, Seiler, Grotrian, Hailun
Pre-Owned: Yamaha, Kawai, Steinway & other fine pianos
Full Restoration Shop
www.PianoWorks.com
www.youtube.com/PianoWorksAtlanta
A
A
Thanks! Yes, I would like my bench legs to match better! The dealer told me they had done the best they could but I seemed to recall there was a dealer somewhere in my piano searching days who had a big display of bench legs. It's hard living in Alaska sometimes. Washburn closed up shop here and I had to travel to Seattle to ultimately purchase my Estonia.

THANK YOU. I will follow up.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
You will probably need to get a dealer to order them, but Jansen can make them, finish them in polish ebony and ship them to you. Swapping them out takes 10 minutes and a 1/2" wrench. Contact me if your dealer isn't familiar with these. I have photos somewhere, but I'm confident they are the best match.

Sam Bennett
PianoWorks - Atlanta Piano Dealer
Bösendorfer, Estonia, Seiler, Grotrian, Hailun
Pre-Owned: Yamaha, Kawai, Steinway & other fine pianos
Full Restoration Shop
www.PianoWorks.com
www.youtube.com/PianoWorksAtlanta

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014
7000 Post Club Member
Your piano is stunning!!!! - Congratulations

Switching out the bench legs would be the crowning glory.

[Linked Image]

Marty in Minnesota

It's much easier to bash a Steinway than it is to play one.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Alaska, your Estonia is beautiful! However, I have to ask, where in the world (literally) did you find a 225? I didn't think Estonia was making a 7' yet. I've been waiting for it.

Patty

A tired dog is a good dog.

Perzina GP-187
Kawai CP209

S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by PattyP
Alaska, your Estonia is beautiful! However, I have to ask, where in the world (literally) did you find a 225? I didn't think Estonia was making a 7' yet. I've been waiting for it.

The 225 (7'4") came out two years ago. The 210 is the new one at 6'11"

Last edited by Sir Lurksalot; 02/02/13 03:39 PM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Sir Lurksalot
Originally Posted by PattyP

The 225 (7'4") came out two years ago. The 210 is the new one at 6'11"

Okay, but why isn't either one on the Estonia web site? And, what's the advantage in having two models just 15cm (5") difference?

Patty

A tired dog is a good dog.

Perzina GP-187
Kawai CP209

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Okay, but why isn't either one on the Estonia web site? And, what's the advantage in having two models just 15cm (5") difference?

Estonia's website is being updated right now. The new pianos will definitely be on it.

15cm difference may seem small to some but can make all the difference of fitting a piano in a certain space - or not.

Many other makers have similar options - presumably for same reason.

Norbert

W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
Congratulations and nice pic!
And yes, nice that you have a special light to light the inside

>Now if I can just get my 11 year old to keep taking HER piano lessons....

Just keep playing with love yourself, that's all you can do. Most likely she will pick that up and do some instrument later.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
C
C
Well, I probably committed the cardinal sin - I bought a piano sight and "hearing" unseen. I am not the piano player - my daughter is - but I did a lot of research and talked to a lot of people. My research consisted of visiting local dealers (I live in the Tampa Bay area), a recommendation by my daughter's piano teacher and a great deal of research on the internet. Once I decided to buy an Estonia 190, I had to find a dealer. Because the closest dealer was over two hours away I went with my gut and trusted the dealer (Nick's Piano in Naples who has posted on this thread) and bought a piano sight unseen.

Our final choice came down to a new Estonia or a used Steinway L. Well we are now the proud owners of an Estonia 190 in Pyramid Mahogany and we couldn't be happier. The beauty and sound of the piano exceeded our expectations and our dealer was also fantastic. He took the worry about buying remotely away and we couldn't be happier with the buying experience.

If anyone is in the Tampa Bay area and would like to see or hear the piano = I am happy to oblige.

Did I say we couldn't be happier?!!?

Last edited by Contender; 05/18/14 08:40 PM.
P
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by AlaskaDragonfly
Again, I'm a better piano player than a photographer or poster of images. Perhaps a rather low bar to meet... But, oh, how I love the sparkle of my piano and it's wonderfully resonant bass. Very lively to the touch yet plays like silk.

I like that description of Estonia.....it does have a very smooth feel

Poetry is rhythm
Contender:

You're not alone.

We have many people who bought their Estonia same way you did.
This is one of the few pianos I know one can buy with complete confidence - "blindly"

Enjoy everybody!

Norbert smile

R
R
Congratulations!! I bought a 190L a couple of months back for my daughter, and we couldn't be happier with the piano. Its a lovely sounding piano, my daughter says that the touch is amazing. You will enjoy hearing that piano being played by your daughter for years to come! Please post an audio or video clip when you can.

Last edited by rlinkt; 05/19/14 12:46 AM.
A
Bronze Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
A
Congratulations, Alaska! It's a beautiful piano. The "Hidden Beauty" finish is most becoming.

Estonias have a large and enthusiastic following on the Forum. Please post a recording when you can.

By the way, is that bench cushion blue or black?

Last edited by Almaviva; 05/19/14 12:19 AM.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Congrats, Contender

You have bought a wonderful piano. This week I will host a little piano party for adults that will be playing in an upcoming recital. I fully expect that the attendees will be drooling over my "piano they never heard of"....happens every year. Enjoy.

Oh, we want pics, please.

Liebestraum 3, Liszt
Standchen-Schubert/Liszt arr
Sonata Pathetique-Adagio LVB
Estonia L190 #7284[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Congratulations, Alaska! It's a beautiful piano.

Here's its smaller cousin by same maker.
Orderered also "sight unseen".....

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Norbert; 05/20/14 08:11 PM.

S
S
Gorgeous! Congratulations she looks like a beauty.

S
S

Last edited by Spuds; 05/22/14 01:53 PM.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission