Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2025981 - 02/02/13 05:25 PM More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang
turandot Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Loc: torrance, CA
Insincere apologies for another thread on the topic, but recently I just can't seem to get enough of the powerhouse Lisitsa/Bösendorfer team. This time it's a 4 minute video shoot of piano making at the Bosie factory synched with a nicely-paced rendition of La Campanella by you-know-who on a you-know-what. It's more than quite effective.

I'll only give the link here to Lisitsa's channel so anyone interested can pick and choose from her recent offerings. I personally was taken by the Rachmaninoff Rhapsody footage with the LSO. For some reason the sound comes off like it was piped into the powder room at Abbey Road Studios on a wall speaker, but visually full-screen you can get a really nice view of an orchestra and soloist fully in synch.You also get to see that the Steinway logo and Finkenstein sig on the case of the Hamburg have faded considerably, no doubt due to the ravages of time and the elements.

The Scriabin Sonata Fantasy that was uploaded with the La Campanella promo hours ago is also not too shabby at bringing out the best aspects ofthe Bösendorfer tone. (Isn't free content a great thing?)

http://www.youtube.com/user/valentinalisitsa

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

#2026000 - 02/02/13 06:23 PM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: turandot]
Steven Y. A. Offline

Loc: Toronto
we need more bosy artist.
I'm a fan of Valentina, even thought shes probably not among the very best, but her performance is inspiring and a pleasure to listen to.

#2026006 - 02/02/13 06:54 PM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: turandot]
BerndAB Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Germany
They are (their vid is..) the fastest.. not so lame as these ultra old Steinway videos..

But I'd most probably buy a concert grand piano which is built during the minute waltz..

Stephen Paulello to do - eventually? Straight strung, three full meters length, filled with pure joy. May be.

A Bosie 275 (not the most big Imperial) once released me of the stress to eventually loose my big dragon in a fire - and furthermore being unable to fetch such a great piano once again.

When I once went to Wuppertal to check out a B-211 for a piano pal from Hannover. There sat a big Bosie. It was not for sale .. For inspection & grease worx only At Faust Piano Wuppertal. Bechstein guys. The neighbouring poor (quite good) B-211 had no chance, NEVR. Because this Bosie beast sat besides, smiling to me, no - it grinned: hey guy, want a test run..?..

So I'm - besides of ultra old Centennial D's and Ragtime - since then also a Big Bosie and Vienna Waltz Fan.

Edited by BerndAB (02/02/13 07:29 PM)
Edit Reason: yping terrors

D 1877 satin black plain

#2026137 - 02/03/13 01:42 AM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: turandot]
Thrill Science Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: California
Beautiful! It's nice to see how real pianos are made! No plywood rims, wood that isn't baked in ovens, etc.

#2026165 - 02/03/13 03:21 AM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: turandot]
4evrBeginR Offline
1000 Post Club Member

The Scriabin Sonata Fantasy is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Made my evening....

#2026236 - 02/03/13 09:34 AM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: turandot]
Ori Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Stamford CT, New York City .
Thanks for bringing these videos turandot,

I enjoyed the links! smile

Authorized dealer representing:

Bluthner, Bosendorfer, Steingraeber, Estonia, August Forster, Haessler, Kawai.

Restored Steinway pianos.

www.allegropianos.com

#2026380 - 02/03/13 03:15 PM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: turandot]
j&j Offline

Loc: Southwest
Wow, very inspiring to see the artistry of making a Bosendorfer concert grand and the artistry of Valentina playing. It still sounds wonderful through YouTube and the incredibly lousy PC speakers I have.

Thank you Turandot for sharing the link.
"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." Pablo Picasso

#2026389 - 02/03/13 03:48 PM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: j&j]
KillerCharlie Offline

Originally Posted By: j&j
It still sounds wonderful through YouTube and the incredibly lousy PC speakers I have.

Her youtube recordings tend to be of the best quality out of all the piano recordings I listen to there.

#2027031 - 02/04/13 05:24 PM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: Steven Y. A.]
turandot Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Steven Y. A.
we need more bosy artist.
I'm a fan of Valentina, even thought shes probably not among the very best, but her performance is inspiring and a pleasure to listen to.

Steven,

I don't know what being among the best of the best means anymore. Years ago when I was young and foolish (the former having passed while the latter has stayed with me), I used to wonder, in fact worry, about who was the best. These days that debate seems to have found a suitable home in the many international piano competitions where the youthful winners are propelled into a year or two of fame and modest fortune and the losers keep trying to avert obscurity. Even those judeged to be the best will soon enough be replaced by a new crop of the 'best' and need something more than a fresh face to sustain their careers.

Regarding competition to be the best, here's Lisitsa's take....

"Competing" in music , no matter in what discipline : fastest , loudest, cleanest , octavest, trilliest, jumpiest, double-notiest.... IS THE SILLIEST THING, OK ? MUSIC IS NEVER ABOUT COMPETITION

Now it is true that she made that comment upon uploading her tour de force presentation of Godowshy's Symphonic Metamorphosis as her informal entry into what she called the "World's Fastest Pianist Competition". So there's at least a playful hypocrisy at work there, and I do think she aspires to something more than being in the conversation for top classical pianist status.

Should Bösendorfer have more classical artists?

To me, it would be good for the artists, the public, and the piano industry to the extent that Bösendorfer can support those pianists in getting a top flight instrument placed at the venues where they are appearing. From the facts it would seem there's no guarantee of that even for Lisitsa.

From a promotional perspective, I personally think that Bösendorfer should be all in with Lisitsa and let Steinway have its artist roster approach. A singular focus of one artist (who now has 53,0000,000 hits on Yutube), is not a bad thing. For better or worse Lisitsa is in tune with the times. In her debut concert with the Berlin Philharmonic this month, the audience will vote to choose the concert repertoire from a menu provided by her. She won't know exatly what she's going to play until she comes on stage. Gimmicky? Of course, but things like this do tend to release some of the stuffy stale air in the classical musical establishment and reach out to potential classical music fans of her own generation and younger.

#2028042 - 02/06/13 11:56 AM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: turandot]
rxd Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: London, England
When Kimball controlled the marketing of Bosendorfer, they could always scare up a concert grand in or near a major city for any of their 3 artists at the time. Entremont prefered a very bright piano but much more refined than the one on the Lititska uTube. Borge liked fairly bright and Ohlson preferred a much warmer sound. The chances of getting exactly what they each wanted was a bit hit and miss but it all worked out fairly well. they were willing to play other instruments when they thought no-one was looking. (not a major venue).

There was a Böse in NBC studios for the Carson shows in the 80's, it had been carelessly lacquered up. Sounded awful.

There are writings about the piano playing competitions of old. For example between Liszt and Thalberg that finished with fights breaking out in the auditorium. I like to think that while the fools were fighting it out, the two 'adversaries' were enjoying a convivial meal together at a nearby hostelry. Paid for out of the takings or by the piano manufacturers.

Eschew obfuscation.

#2028138 - 02/06/13 02:17 PM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: turandot]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Jose, CA
Funny you should mention that very thing: celebrating with dinner, with the anniversary of the volcanic premier of Stravinsky's "Rite of Spring" just around the corner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacre_du_printemps

May 29, 1913, Théâtre des Champs-Élysées, Paris
"... Monteux believed that the trouble began when the two factions in the audience began attacking each other, but their mutual anger was soon diverted towards the orchestra: "Everything available was tossed in our direction, but we continued to play on". Around forty of the worst offenders were ejected, either by the police or by the management. Through all the disturbances the performance continued without interruption...

"...Of later reports that the veteran composer Camille Saint-Saëns had stormed out of the premiere, Stravinsky observed that this was impossible; Saint-Saëns did not attend. Stravinsky also rejected Cocteau's story that, after the performance, Stravinsky, Nijinsky, Diaghilev and Cocteau himself took a cab to the Bois de Boulogne where a tearful Diaghilev recited poems by Pushkin. Stravinsky merely recalled a celebratory dinner with Diaghilev and Nijinsky, at which the impresario expressed his entire satisfaction with the outcome..."

#2028272 - 02/06/13 06:05 PM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: rxd]
turandot Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: rxd
When Kimball controlled the marketing of Bosendorfer, they could always scare up a concert grand in or near a major city for any of their 3 artists at the time. Entremont prefered a very bright piano but much more refined than the one on the Lititska uTube. Borge liked fairly bright and Ohlson preferred a much warmer sound. The chances of getting exactly what they each wanted was a bit hit and miss but it all worked out fairly well. they were willing to play other instruments when they thought no-one was looking. (not a major venue).

There was a Böse in NBC studios for the Carson shows in the 80's, it had been carelessly lacquered up. Sounded awful.

rxd,

Thats for the informative post. I think it was smart of Bösendorfer to not have Borge alone as its standard bearer. grin

On the part of your post I highlighted, I'm curious exactly what you mean by "refined".

Lisitsa has recorded on many different Bösendorfer grands. The one in the Birth of a Bösendorfer clip was clearly supplied by Bosie at the factory showroom. Obviously the quality of the recording was superb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEcIL9nV4No

The one played at Royal Albert was supplied by Gerd Finkenstain from his performance piano stable in Germany.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNEhdiG4Yp8

The one she plays and records a lot on at home is one of two Bosies that she has personally bought for herself on eBay. On some tracks that piano sounds like it could use some work. An example would be this track of the Warenberg transcription where the treble has some flat spots that lack the tone and sustain of others.
Obviously, it's not state of the art recording either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mOnA7GIq2NE

Ther are also many other Bosies supplied to venues from neighboring dealers like the one supplied to her from LeClavier in Switzerland for a countryside church.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLXOOeMKmJc

I don't know which you'd judge to be the most refined (excluding her home piano), but I think there's something typically Bösendorfer that they all have in common that is quite different from say, a Hanburg Steinway D.

I'm sending a PM to Eric Johnson who I think did some Bösendorfer delivery and prep work for Ohlssson to sucker him into interest him in sharing his Bösendorfer artist experience here.

Thanks again

#2028312 - 02/06/13 07:11 PM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: turandot]
BoseEric Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Fairfield County, CT
Not to toot my own horn but I was the principle Bosendorfer technician in the US for about 5 years. Garrick, who is still a close friend, the great and wonderful Oscar Peterson (fantastically warm guy...shook hands with Count Basie, Ella, Joe Pass, NHO-P from hanging around Oscar), Entremont, lets not forget Andras Schiff who was very active with Bosendorfer then, Borge of course, Paul Badura-Skoda, Chick Corea, Sara (nee David) Buechner and then many who passed through, including the sublime Aldo Ciccolini, Malcom Frager, jeez and more I'm sure I will remember late tonight.

I regularly say that Kimball was a better caretaker of Bosendorfer than they were of their own brand(notice which one is still around). It was a (somewhat) different time in the piano industry. For example the New York Times Arts section would have regular update on the Van Cliburn competition and the winner mentioned in a story on the front page (below the fold). When I joined Yamaha, some brass from California had me take them to visit my C&A counterparts at Steinway and Baldwin to determine how big my office should be!

Thanks for the homework and the heads up, William. Fun to remember.

#2028315 - 02/06/13 07:14 PM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: turandot]
BoseEric Offline
500 Post Club Member

Anyone want to hear my story of meeting Van Cliburn? It includes Reagan and Gorby!

#2028328 - 02/06/13 07:46 PM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: BoseEric]
bennevis Online   content
5000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: BoseEric
....let's not forget Andras Schiff who was very active with Bosendorfer then, Borge of course, Paul Badura-Skoda, Chick Corea, Sara (nee David) Buechner and then many who passed through, including the sublime Aldo Ciccolini, Malcom Frager, jeez and more I'm sure I will remember late tonight.

Do you know why Schiff deserted Bösendorfer for Steinway? Or did he only use Bösendorfer for Schubert and some Mozart?

I always felt that the Schubert recordings (piano sonatas and song cycles with Peter Schreier) and Mozart concertos he made for Decca are his best recordings - all using a Bösendorfer.

#2028348 - 02/06/13 08:26 PM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: turandot]
BoseEric Offline
500 Post Club Member

I don't know that he deserted. A couple years ago he brought his own Bosendorfer from Europe for a Carnegie Hall performance. Most of his recent Beethoven recordings are on Bosendorfer.

Remember, Bosendorfer has not had a real concert program in this country for a long time. It has ramped back up a little but it is still a far cry from what it was in the hay-day of the late 70's and '80's. So there has been no real opportunity to request them.

#2028363 - 02/06/13 08:48 PM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: BoseEric]
Thrill Science Offline
500 Post Club Member

Not to toot my own horn but I was the principle Bosendorfer technician in the US for about 5 years.

All due respect, Bose Eric, but I would think the principal Bösendorfer technician wouldn't omit the umlaut!

#2028382 - 02/06/13 09:08 PM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: turandot]
BoseEric Offline
500 Post Club Member

damn mac...

I don't type it but I do pronounce it

#2028400 - 02/06/13 09:52 PM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: turandot]
BoseEric Offline
500 Post Club Member

This is a thread about Valentina, so I'll tell a Valentina (and Eric) story.

She was of course a twinkle in her parents eyes when I was doing concert work, but she was an active concert pianist when I returned to Bosendorfer as a sales rep and operations manager. I went through the progression I think everyone goes through with her..."what, some hot chick with an unpronounceable name who can actually play?? Ya right" and then later, "holy crap, she's the real deal...but how do you pronounce that name...?!" She is one of my favorite pianists and somebody who knows, to the soles of her feet, how to get the best, most characteristic sound from a Bosendorfer.

So, to cut the the chase, even though Bosendorfer really didn't have a concert program, our dealer at the time (no longer in business) in an un-named city asked for a concert piano for one of her performances, which I arranged. To cut even further, due to simple insensitivity to the realities of what is involved to properly provide concert service, the event was a disaster. The piano went horribly out of tune during the concert due to, as I said, a total lack of local sensitivity to what concert service really means. The result? I got to endure a 20 minute chewing out (by phone)by her husband Alex. And that is NO exaggeration!

Of course, in my opinion, the fault lay squarely with the dealer who was supposed to arrange the details including the tuning. But, as Harry Truman said, the buck stops here, and that here was me. I will say that Alex was COMPLETELY correct, I was appropriately mortified, and it was a disaster that could have been easily avoided by someone taking full technical responsibility. But, as they say, if it was easy, anybody could do it.

My only consolation is this. I recently attended a performance of Valentina with the Stamford CT Symphony on a Steinway that had clearly not been tuned for at least a week. It was apparent from the tuning note played for the orchestra and went rapidly downhill from there.

It's nice to know that disaster plays no favorites.

#2028405 - 02/06/13 10:09 PM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: BoseEric]
Rich Galassini Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia/South Jersey
This is a thread about Valentina, so I'll tell a Valentina (and Eric) story.

She was of course a twinkle in her parents eyes when I was doing concert work, but she was an active concert pianist when I returned to Bosendorfer as a sales rep and operations manager. I went through the progression I think everyone goes through with her..."what, some hot chick with an unpronounceable name who can actually play?? Ya right" and then later, "holy crap, she's the real deal...but how do you pronounce that name...?!" She is one of my favorite pianists and somebody who knows, to the soles of her feet, how to get the best, most characteristic sound from a Bosendorfer.

So, to cut the the chase, even though Bosendorfer really didn't have a concert program, our dealer at the time (no longer in business) in an un-named city asked for a concert piano for one of her performances, which I arranged. To cut even further, due to simple insensitivity to the realities of what is involved to properly provide concert service, the event was a disaster. The piano went horribly out of tune during the concert due to, as I said, a total lack of local sensitivity to what concert service really means. The result? I got to endure a 20 minute chewing out (by phone)by her husband Alex. And that is NO exaggeration!

Of course, in my opinion, the fault lay squarely with the dealer who was supposed to arrange the details including the tuning. But, as Harry Truman said, the buck stops here, and that here was me. I will say that Alex was COMPLETELY correct, I was appropriately mortified, and it was a disaster that could have been easily avoided by someone taking full technical responsibility. But, as they say, if it was easy, anybody could do it.

My only consolation is this. I recently attended a performance of Valentina with the Stamford CT Symphony on a Steinway that had clearly not been tuned for at least a week. It was apparent from the tuning note played for the orchestra and went rapidly downhill from there.

It's nice to know that disaster plays no favorites.

I remember that Eric. Alex spoke about the occurrence freely enough. I think the quick moral of the story is that concert prep. experience is key to a fine performance.

I am also glad to hear that YOUR concert chops are humming again these days. I am hearing from people (that really matter) that you are doing great work!!

Bravo Eric! Keep it going.
Dir. Line (215) 991-0834
rich@cunninghampiano.com
www.cunninghampiano.com

#2028411 - 02/06/13 10:18 PM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: turandot]
BoseEric Offline
500 Post Club Member

Oh crap...Alex talked about it?!?

#2028424 - 02/06/13 10:43 PM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: BoseEric]
Rich Galassini Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia/South Jersey
Oh crap...Alex talked about it?!?

I do not think to people outside of that circle.

Anyway, Curt raves about your work. I am glad we were strapped for time and you could help. Are you prepping for Serkin now? I somehow have the feeling you are.
Dir. Line (215) 991-0834
rich@cunninghampiano.com
www.cunninghampiano.com

#2028509 - 02/07/13 02:47 AM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: BoseEric]
turandot Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Eric,

Thank you for dropping by on such short notice.

Quote:
She is one of my favorite pianists and somebody who knows, to the soles of her feet, how to get the best, most characteristic sound from a Bosendorfer.

Yes, it's startling. It caught me off guard. You might expect the alluring blonde with a name that fits an East European tennis player to make Chopin drip at a piano bathed in candlelight, but the stamina, the power, the ease at dispatching some of the most ungodly difficult notes-per-square-inch material -- she's neither a female nor a male pianist, she's both! Bosie/Yamaha ought to do whatever it takes to keep her happy and not let a poorly prepped piano get between her and her audience. It's such a good fit; it shouldn't be messed with. That's why I referred to it as a powerhouse team.

Quote:
Anyone want to hear my story of meeting Van Cliburn? It includes Reagan and Gorby

I've been meaning to tell you that I'd like to hear your story of meeting Van Cliburn that includes Reagan and Gorby. Any Ciccolini anecdotes would be appreciated as well.

Make yourself at home, guy. This thread is at your disposal.

#2028591 - 02/07/13 08:02 AM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: turandot]
BoseEric Offline
500 Post Club Member

For one brief shining moment, I represented Steinway by working for Jordan Kitt's Music in Washington DC. Van Cliburn was going to play for Reagan and Gorbachov,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juk7DHbVDOM

and Kitt's was supplying the piano (no, I wasn't doing the prep...I had just graduated from business school and thought my tool bag carrying days were behind me). Cliburn wanted to come check the piano and since I was Operations Manager and experienced at artist relations and because, as was Cliburns custom, he wanted to come late at night I volunteered to meet him.

About 11:30pm a limo pulled up and out came Cliburn, his 90-some year old Mother Rildea Bea, Franz Mohr and Richard Probst from Steinway, Susan Tilly from the Cliburn Foundation and another guy who was introduced as a friend of Van's.

To make a long story short, the next 3 hours were spent in friendly talk and some wonderful playing, including his stunningly beautiful version of the national anthem of the Soviet Union. Everybody was happy with the piano (except me of course...I thought it should have 9 more bass notes), Mohr led a benediction at the end blessing the piano and off everybody went, much more alert and awake than I was.

Edited by BoseEric (02/07/13 08:02 AM)
Edit Reason: comma overload

#2028615 - 02/07/13 08:57 AM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: turandot]
rxd Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: London, England
Sometimes dealers with no real concert division will send a concert piano fresh out of storage or on one occasion, fresh from a rebuild with soft hammers and way above pitch. They sometimes arrive late with no time left to do much.

Fortunately it doesn't happen often but Eric's earlier stories resonate. Sometimes I have recommended it better to do nothing to the piano than send the inexperienced tuner they were intending to send. A few minutes with the wrong tuner can destroy the stability patiently built up sometimes over years.

Even in the best places.... I arrived to do a tuning in a very well known hall to find the other piano improperly set up by the stage crew with wobbly legs and lyre. (the piano, not the stage crew, but I'm not too sure). It had been on its side for however long and consequently not tuned. Fortunately it had the modern fittings which I previously had thought foolproof.

Edited by rxd (02/07/13 09:02 AM)

Eschew obfuscation.

#2028620 - 02/07/13 09:02 AM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: turandot]
Entheo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: chicago, il
Originally Posted By: turandot
From a promotional perspective, I personally think that Bösendorfer should be all in with Lisitsa and let Steinway have its artist roster approach. A singular focus of one artist (who now has 53,0000,000 hits on Yutube), is not a bad thing. For better or worse Lisitsa is in tune with the times. In her debut concert with the Berlin Philharmonic this month, the audience will vote to choose the concert repertoire from a menu provided by her. She won't know exatly what she's going to play until she comes on stage. Gimmicky? Of course, but things like this do tend to release some of the stuffy stale air in the classical musical establishment and reach out to potential classical music fans of her own generation and younger.

i agree, and i think the audience participation re: repertoire is fantastic. also, her interaction with comments on youtube is fantastic. live youtube albert hall concert was fantastic. big fan of her career trajectory; you go girlfriend!

#2029240 - 02/08/13 10:52 AM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: BoseEric]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

damn mac...

I don't type it but I do pronounce it

Try Alt-u (Alt is the key left of the apple key, sometimes apple calls that the option key) and then o

Bösendorfer

#2029248 - 02/08/13 11:10 AM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: turandot]
Steven Y. A. Offline

Loc: Toronto
turandot,
I think its a personal preferrence. To me only few names deserves the very best, Alfred Cortot, Richter, Arrau, Argerich to name a few. So not being "one of the very best" is actually a complement.

And I have no disrespect for a pianst that havent win any competition. In fact shes one of my favorite pianist alive today, I enjoy her performance more than Yundi Li, even Zimmerman and Pollini smile

I also think there are several people have better technics than Yolianna Aveeda during the competition but her performance was more "musical"

#2029258 - 02/08/13 11:28 AM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: Entheo]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Entheo
Originally Posted By: turandot
From a promotional perspective, I personally think that Bösendorfer should be all in with Lisitsa and let Steinway have its artist roster approach. A singular focus of one artist (who now has 53,0000,000 hits on Yutube), is not a bad thing. For better or worse Lisitsa is in tune with the times. In her debut concert with the Berlin Philharmonic this month, the audience will vote to choose the concert repertoire from a menu provided by her. She won't know exatly what she's going to play until she comes on stage. ...

i agree, and i think the audience participation re: repertoire is fantastic.

We as public also don't know what will be played when we buy the tickets? And that is good?

#2029323 - 02/08/13 01:44 PM Re: More Lisitsa/Bösendorfer und der Klang [Re: wouter79]
schwammerl Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Belgium
Hi William,

A great opportunity8 The Bösendorfer Imperial from Gerd Finkekstein - Hannover - where Valentina Lisista performed on for the recordings at the Roya Alabert Hall is for sale!

Quote:
Unser Bösendorfer Imperial 290 steht zum Verkauf!
Dieses Instrument, das mittlerweile Furore gemacht hat, ist eines der Lieblingsinstrumente von Valentina Lisitsa (www.valentinalisitsa.com). Sie hatte es nicht nur für ihre Konzerte im Beethoven-Haus Bonn und im Konzerthaus Dortmund ausgewählt – auch für ihr bejubeltes YouTube-live Konzert vor ca. 6000 Zuschauern in der Royal Albert Hall im Juni 2012 sollte es dieser Flügel sein. Dieses denkwürdige Konzert ist als DECCA-Mitschnitt veröffentlicht, und auf der Homepage von Valentina Lisitsa finden Sie eine Auflistung der Aufnahmen, für die sie unseren Imperial verwendet hat. Doch nicht nur Valentina Lisitsa: auch Daria van den Bercken und Evgeni Koroliov haben dieses Instrument für jüngst erschienene CD-Aufnahmen ausgewählt.

Aus gegebenem Anlass steht dieser außergewöhnliche Konzertflügel jetzt zum Verkauf – eine einmalige Gelegenheit zum Preis von EUR 105.000,- (Neupreis EUR 145.990,-) mit einer kleinen Einschränkung: Valentina Lisitsa möchte ihr Konzert am 28.Februar in der Philharmonie in Berlin gern auf diesem Flügel spielen – wäre das nicht die Gelegenheit, sich von den Qualitäten dieses Bösendorfer Imperials live zu überzeugen?? Für den Käufer gibt es auf Wunsch sicherlich ein Autogramm von Valentina Lisitsa direkt auf der Gussplatte!

Ihre Anfragen bezüglich eines Probespieltermines nehmen wir gern entgegen

I can merely recommend ...that is all I can do unfortunately.

schwammerl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
You must like every major composer
by JoelW
Today at 07:32 PM
Physis Piano K4 EX, tell me more...
by thercman
Today at 07:14 PM
Are pianos sometimes voiced or tuned differently for jazz?
by Jake Jackson
Today at 06:18 PM
Stay safe, Ottawa
by jehalliday
Today at 03:51 PM
Which Books did Chopin Study?
by Batuhan
Today at 03:12 PM
Who's Online
118 registered (anotherscott, 36251, A-Tom, Alux, 33 invisible), 1296 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76619 Members
42 Forums
158425 Topics
2326561 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission