Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
118 registered (Anita Potter, arod7, ando, anamnesis, AndyJoe, 31 invisible), 1392 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#2025681 - 02/02/13 01:08 AM Re: 6 month Birthday for my Estonia 225 [Re: AlaskaDragonfly]
AlaskaDragonfly Offline

Again, I'm a better piano player than a photographer or poster of images. Perhaps a rather low bar to meet... But, oh, how I love the sparkle of my piano and it's wonderfully resonant bass. Very lively to the touch yet plays like silk.

This photo may show you the legs. I'll have to do some "beauty shots" of our Estonia 225 later with better lighting. This photo makes it look too short. I paid for all 225 cm and I need to take a photo that reflects that. Also, this photo doesn't show the beautiful bubinga wood on the underside of the lid.

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

#2025688 - 02/02/13 01:26 AM Re: 6 month Birthday for my Estonia 225 [Re: AlaskaDragonfly]
AlaskaDragonfly Offline

Yes, I bought the little floor lamp just to have it show off the underside of the lid. The lamp makes all the difference for my guests. I considered all kinds of options but this lamp works great.

Trish (Steinway rep in Alaska) is organizing my tuning, voicing, etc., and she promises to have two excellent musicians come to my house for an official "opening" evening for the Estonia 225.

It was a strain for me to spend this much money but, sadly, there was a death in my family about two years ago and I realized I better get on with buying the piano of my dreams. I had looked for about 5 years and almost pulled the trigger on a 190 as the other poster said. (It got sold while I was thinking it over for one day.) I first ordered the 190 but a little glitch (no one's fault) gave me a second chance to rethink and remember that I would only buy one piano in my life. Hence the 225 sits resplendent in my too-small living room. How lucky I am to have the piano of my dreams.

Also, during my five year search, I loved the Mason and Hamlin pianos, just loved them, especially the BB. But Estonia won out for me every time I had the chance to comparison play at a dealer. A few years back, I even had the chance to play an Estonia concert grand in Denver at a dealer. I remember clearly that I had to stop halfway through the piece I was playing because I couldn't bear knowing that I would never be able to own such a beautiful piano. How little I knew. A 225 is not a concert grand but it is fabulous.

Well, I'm sure life will sweep along and keep me from posting for a few months but I really appreciate the enthusiasm and kind words of the people in this thread. I am going to try out a few more lessons starting tomorrow with a Russian piano teacher here in Alaska. I hope it will go well. My piano playing anxiety when there is anyone else in the room knows no bounds.

Now if I can just get my 11 year old to keep taking HER piano lessons....

Thanks again, everybody.

Cheers.

#2025690 - 02/02/13 01:47 AM Re: 6 month Birthday for my Estonia 225 [Re: Estelle Estonia]
PianoWorksATL Online   content
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Atlanta, GA
If you would like your bench legs to match better, Jansen has a couple of styles that are "unlisted". What you would need is style J10. Shhh! Don't tell anybody I told you about 'em.
Pre-Owned: Yamaha, Kawai, Steinway & other fine pianos
Full Restoration Shop
www.PianoWorks.com
www.youtube.com/PianoWorksAtlanta

#2025698 - 02/02/13 02:07 AM Re: 6 month Birthday for my Estonia 225 [Re: PianoWorksATL]
AlaskaDragonfly Offline

Thanks! Yes, I would like my bench legs to match better! The dealer told me they had done the best they could but I seemed to recall there was a dealer somewhere in my piano searching days who had a big display of bench legs. It's hard living in Alaska sometimes. Washburn closed up shop here and I had to travel to Seattle to ultimately purchase my Estonia.

THANK YOU. I will follow up.

#2025803 - 02/02/13 09:41 AM Re: 6 month Birthday for my Estonia 225 [Re: Estelle Estonia]
PianoWorksATL Online   content
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Atlanta, GA
You will probably need to get a dealer to order them, but Jansen can make them, finish them in polish ebony and ship them to you. Swapping them out takes 10 minutes and a 1/2" wrench. Contact me if your dealer isn't familiar with these. I have photos somewhere, but I'm confident they are the best match.
Pre-Owned: Yamaha, Kawai, Steinway & other fine pianos
Full Restoration Shop
www.PianoWorks.com
www.youtube.com/PianoWorksAtlanta

#2025814 - 02/02/13 10:15 AM Re: 6 month Birthday for my Estonia 225 [Re: Estelle Estonia]
Minnesota Marty Offline

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014

Loc: Rochester MN
Your piano is stunning!!!! - Congratulations

Switching out the bench legs would be the crowning glory.

It's much easier to bash a Steinway than it is to play one.

#2025890 - 02/02/13 12:35 PM Re: Our Estonia came last week! [Re: Estelle Estonia]
PattyP Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Texas
Alaska, your Estonia is beautiful! However, I have to ask, where in the world (literally) did you find a 225? I didn't think Estonia was making a 7' yet. I've been waiting for it.

A tired dog is a good dog.

#2025937 - 02/02/13 02:36 PM Re: Our Estonia came last week! [Re: PattyP]
Sir Lurksalot Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: PattyP
Alaska, your Estonia is beautiful! However, I have to ask, where in the world (literally) did you find a 225? I didn't think Estonia was making a 7' yet. I've been waiting for it.

The 225 (7'4") came out two years ago. The 210 is the new one at 6'11"

Edited by Sir Lurksalot (02/02/13 02:39 PM)

#2026048 - 02/02/13 09:11 PM Re: Our Estonia came last week! [Re: Sir Lurksalot]
PattyP Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: Sir Lurksalot
Originally Posted By: PattyP

The 225 (7'4") came out two years ago. The 210 is the new one at 6'11"

Okay, but why isn't either one on the Estonia web site? And, what's the advantage in having two models just 15cm (5") difference?

A tired dog is a good dog.

#2026056 - 02/02/13 09:27 PM Re: Our Estonia came last week! [Re: Estelle Estonia]
Norbert Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Surrey, B.C.
Quote:
Okay, but why isn't either one on the Estonia web site? And, what's the advantage in having two models just 15cm (5") difference?

Estonia's website is being updated right now. The new pianos will definitely be on it.

15cm difference may seem small to some but can make all the difference of fitting a piano in a certain space - or not.

Many other makers have similar options - presumably for same reason.

Norbert

#2026913 - 02/04/13 01:24 PM Re: Our Estonia came last week! [Re: Estelle Estonia]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Congratulations and nice pic!
And yes, nice that you have a special light to light the inside

>Now if I can just get my 11 year old to keep taking HER piano lessons....

Just keep playing with love yourself, that's all you can do. Most likely she will pick that up and do some instrument later.

#2278092 - 05/18/14 07:57 PM Re: Our Estonia came last week! [Re: wouter79]
Contender Offline

Well, I probably committed the cardinal sin - I bought a piano sight and "hearing" unseen. I am not the piano player - my daughter is - but I did a lot of research and talked to a lot of people. My research consisted of visiting local dealers (I live in the Tampa Bay area), a recommendation by my daughter's piano teacher and a great deal of research on the internet. Once I decided to buy an Estonia 190, I had to find a dealer. Because the closest dealer was over two hours away I went with my gut and trusted the dealer (Nick's Piano in Naples who has posted on this thread) and bought a piano sight unseen.

Our final choice came down to a new Estonia or a used Steinway L. Well we are now the proud owners of an Estonia 190 in Pyramid Mahogany and we couldn't be happier. The beauty and sound of the piano exceeded our expectations and our dealer was also fantastic. He took the worry about buying remotely away and we couldn't be happier with the buying experience.

If anyone is in the Tampa Bay area and would like to see or hear the piano = I am happy to oblige.

Did I say we couldn't be happier?!!?

Edited by Contender (05/18/14 08:40 PM)

#2278096 - 05/18/14 08:00 PM Re: Our Estonia came last week! [Re: AlaskaDragonfly]
phantomFive Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: AlaskaDragonfly
Again, I'm a better piano player than a photographer or poster of images. Perhaps a rather low bar to meet... But, oh, how I love the sparkle of my piano and it's wonderfully resonant bass. Very lively to the touch yet plays like silk.

I like that description of Estonia.....it does have a very smooth feel

#2278130 - 05/18/14 09:36 PM Re: Our Estonia came last week! [Re: Estelle Estonia]
Norbert Offline

Contender:

You're not alone.

We have many people who bought their Estonia same way you did.
This is one of the few pianos I know one can buy with complete confidence - "blindly"

Enjoy everybody!

Norbert smile

#2278191 - 05/19/14 12:01 AM Re: Our Estonia came last week! [Re: Estelle Estonia]
rlinkt Offline

Loc: CA
Congratulations!! I bought a 190L a couple of months back for my daughter, and we couldn't be happier with the piano. Its a lovely sounding piano, my daughter says that the touch is amazing. You will enjoy hearing that piano being played by your daughter for years to come! Please post an audio or video clip when you can.

Edited by rlinkt (05/19/14 12:46 AM)

#2278195 - 05/19/14 12:13 AM Re: 6 month Birthday for my Estonia 225 [Re: AlaskaDragonfly]
Almaviva Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Richmond, Virginia
Congratulations, Alaska! It's a beautiful piano. The "Hidden Beauty" finish is most becoming.

Estonias have a large and enthusiastic following on the Forum. Please post a recording when you can.

By the way, is that bench cushion blue or black?

Edited by Almaviva (05/19/14 12:19 AM)

#2278878 - 05/20/14 02:36 PM Re: Our Estonia came last week! [Re: Estelle Estonia]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida
Congrats, Contender

You have bought a wonderful piano. This week I will host a little piano party for adults that will be playing in an upcoming recital. I fully expect that the attendees will be drooling over my "piano they never heard of"....happens every year. Enjoy.

Oh, we want pics, please.

Estonia L190 #7284

#2278960 - 05/20/14 08:08 PM Re: Our Estonia came last week! [Re: Estelle Estonia]
Norbert Offline

Quote:
Congratulations, Alaska! It's a beautiful piano.

Here's its smaller cousin by same maker.
Orderered also "sight unseen".....

Edited by Norbert (05/20/14 08:11 PM)

#2279650 - 05/22/14 11:22 AM Re: Our Estonia came last week! [Re: Estelle Estonia]
Spuds Offline

Loc: Canada
Gorgeous! Congratulations she looks like a beauty.

#2279651 - 05/22/14 11:24 AM Re: Our Estonia came last week! [Re: Estelle Estonia]
Spuds Offline

Loc: Canada

Edited by Spuds (05/22/14 01:53 PM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
One man show!
by Nikolas
11/27/14 09:00 AM
Just to say "Hello"
by JennyS
11/27/14 05:33 AM
Dyslexia and reading the rhythm
by Nahum
11/27/14 04:18 AM
Wanted to give jazz a chance, reverting back to classical
by Artur Gajewski
11/27/14 03:31 AM
anyone... listening to Greek Radio?
by Nikolas
11/27/14 12:38 AM
Forum Stats
77065 Members
42 Forums
159391 Topics
2341412 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission