2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (benkeys, brennbaer, AndyOnThePiano2, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, BillS728, 12 invisible), 1,938 guests, and 327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
P
Originally Posted by anotherscott
One thing that's nice about the newer external power supplies that Casio uses is that they are not "wall warts" -- instead they are the "lump in the middle" style, with a removable power cord of common design. It would be cool if the power supply were small enough to fit in the battery compartment. (And you could even cut a hole for the power cord itself.) If you could leave it in there, you'd never worry about leaving it behind! I doubt it will be quite that small, though. (There would also be the question of whether the power supply, if operated so close to the electronics, might induce any hum/buzz problems in some situations.)

Good idea about it fitting in the battery compartment. But in reality, Casio made a good choice by doing it the way they did. First, internal power supplies get hot (heat damages electronic components) and/or shortens their life. Second, internal power supplies add considerable weight compared to the rest of the internal parts. Third, without extra shielding (more material/weight) hum could be introduced. Fourth, if anything goes wrong with an internal power supply you need to take the entire unit in for repair.

www.PianoManChuck.com
Authorized Reseller of Casio, Dexibell, iLoud, Kurzweil, Nord, PreSonus, Viscount and more...
PianoManChuck on Youtube
It also shares the same power supply as many other models like the PX-150 and PX-350. So the power supplies are easy to find at nearly any Casio dealer if you ever need a spare. Of course the batteries will also be handy if you ever leave your power supply behind. wink

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
K
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
K
I will take an inline power supply any day. To me its an acceptable compromise. Its the wall warts I absolutely detest. I keep the power supply in the case, I never forget to bring it. Unlike the damper pedal!

A long long time ago, I can still remember
How that music used to make me smile....
P
P
The fact that it can use batteries should also mean that if you're using AC power and for some reason the power goes out (someone walks near the cord and knocks it loose), the batteries should kick in right away, acting as a UPS. Not sure if they implemented it this way but if they did, that's a huge plus during a public performance!

www.PianoManChuck.com
Authorized Reseller of Casio, Dexibell, iLoud, Kurzweil, Nord, PreSonus, Viscount and more...
PianoManChuck on Youtube
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by anotherscott
-- instead they are the "lump in the middle" style...

"Rat in the snake"

X
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
X
If you punch "casio px-5s" into google, it is listed for pre-order for just $999.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission