Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
131 registered (accordeur, AnimistFvR, AmateurBob, 46 invisible), 1843 Guests and 28 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Topic Options
#2027583 - 02/05/13 05:31 PM International Piano Supply Company
weephee Offline

Hello Can anyone tell me if this piano part supply company in Oregon is back in business. It had been dormant for a while, I am nervous to place an order if it is still not in business. Website is up and running but no one answers the phone.
Thanks

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

#2027724 - 02/05/13 09:16 PM Re: International Piano Supply Company [Re: weephee]
Scott Hamlin Offline
500 Post Club Member

Holy 90's Batman! If they ARE still in
business, that web site could use a
little "tuning" laugh

#2027752 - 02/05/13 10:39 PM Re: International Piano Supply Company [Re: weephee]
Del Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Olympia, Washington
Originally Posted By: weephee
Hello Can anyone tell me if this piano part supply company in Oregon is back in business. It had been dormant for a while, I am nervous to place an order if it is still not in business. Website is up and running but no one answers the phone.

You might get more response from this if you posted it on the piano technicians forum.

ddf
(To contact me privately please use this e-mail address.)

Stupidity is a rare condition, ignorance is a common choice. --Anon

#2027783 - 02/06/13 12:29 AM Re: International Piano Supply Company [Re: Del]
Supply Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Originally Posted By: Del

You might get more response from this if you posted it on the piano technicians forum.
I am not sure. I talk to many technicians, and I have never heard of an actual piano technician doing business there.

Piattino Caster Cups distributor

#2027824 - 02/06/13 01:53 AM Re: International Piano Supply Company [Re: Supply]
Del Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Olympia, Washington
Originally Posted By: Supply
Originally Posted By: Del

I am not sure. I talk to many technicians, and I have never heard of an actual piano technician doing business there.

But I think there have been some discussions...none particularly flattering but still discussions.

ddf
(To contact me privately please use this e-mail address.)

Stupidity is a rare condition, ignorance is a common choice. --Anon

#2027946 - 02/06/13 08:16 AM Re: International Piano Supply Company [Re: weephee]
Rickster Online   content

Loc: Georgia, USA
This is just my opinion, but there are a few members here who are in the piano supply business... Jurgen Goering (Supply) for one. I'd suggest doing business with them.

And, I'm not advertising for Jurgen... I'm just making a suggestion. Unlike some members here who are in the business, I have never known him to take advantage of the forum for subtle advertising purposes. However, I think he is selective in who he sells to... smile

Also, this site (PianoSupplies.com) sells some piano supplies; anything we can do to support each other here is a good thing.

When I buy piano supplies or parts I look for quality, service, cost and eaise of doing business.

Rick

#2027956 - 02/06/13 08:33 AM Re: International Piano Supply Company [Re: Rickster]
Mark R. Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pretoria, South Africa
Originally Posted By: Rickster
This is just my opinion, but there are a few members here who are in the piano supply business... Jurgen Goering (Supply) for one. I'd suggest doing business with them.
[...]
However, I think he is selective in who he sells to... smile

And there's the rub, Rick. Jurgen states expressly on his webpage that he will not supply tools and materials to hobbyists. (And I presume that the OP is a hobbyist, judging by the supplier he is asking about.)

I was fortunate enough to be referred to Schaff personally by one of the techs on this forum. Failing that, I would probably bought from International Piano Supply Co. myself. Options for cost-conscious non-pros are somewhat limited...

When I buy piano supplies or parts I look for quality, service, cost and eaise of doing business.

OK, I'll bite. wink So, where do you buy?
1970 44" Ibach, daily music maker.

#2027975 - 02/06/13 09:16 AM Re: International Piano Supply Company [Re: weephee]
Roger Ransom Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: SouthWest Michigan
I don't know what their present status is and, yes, their web design is pretty crappy. However, over the years I have bought quite a few things from them. They always treated me well, gave me quick knowledgeable service and made me a happy customer.

At one time I bought a set of hammers from them, they gave helpful recommendations and when they came from the supplier poorly drilled, they got them replaced immediately with no problems.

They made me a happy customer. Don't know what's going on with them now.

#2028003 - 02/06/13 10:39 AM Re: International Piano Supply Company [Re: weephee]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Jose, CA
One would imagine that a company actively in business would have a telephone. Directory Assistance would surely know the number.

#2028064 - 02/06/13 12:27 PM Re: International Piano Supply Company [Re: weephee]
Rickster Online   content

Loc: Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: Mark R.
OK, I'll bite. So, where do you buy?

I’ve purchased piano wire and bass strings from Mapes Piano Wire in Elizabethton Tennessee. I’ve purchased some miscellaneous supplies from this site. I’ve bought other specific piano supplies from Howard Piano Industries (on eBay).

To be honest, I forgot about the statement on Jurgen’s website, so disregard what I said. I did mention that he is selective in who he sells to and he can pick and choose who he sells to, which is his privilege.

Hope I have not stirred up a can of worms here… I was just trying to be helpful. smile

Rick

#2028152 - 02/06/13 02:42 PM Re: International Piano Supply Company [Re: weephee]
Supply Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Piano Forte Supply is a wholesale business. Wholesalers sell to the trade, while retailers sell to the public at large.

Piattino Caster Cups distributor

#2029385 - 02/08/13 04:13 PM Re: International Piano Supply Company [Re: weephee]
fishbulb Offline

International Piano Supply's website is indeed a mess - they need to get on that, because there are lots of free or inexpensive web catalog and inventory management applications that bolt into free web content management systems like Wordpress and Drupal, so the cost of developing a decent shopping site is pretty low these days - but yes, you can still order from them.

The most up-to-date website, with online catalogue is: http://www.pianoparts.com/

Their catalogue (large PDF file download) is here. It is very detailed, and maybe easier to use than the website. https://www.pianoparts.com/ipscat.pdf

They charge more for smaller orders (5% more for orders under $150), so they are sort of a semi-wholesale/semi-retail company. Plan your orders I guess.

No, I'm not affiliated with them smile

#2029404 - 02/08/13 04:56 PM Re: International Piano Supply Company [Re: weephee]
Guapo Gabacho Online   content

Loc: Rio Grande Valley of Texas
Hobby piano people are well served by this company: http://www.stevespianoservice.com/

#2029425 - 02/08/13 05:40 PM Re: International Piano Supply Company [Re: weephee]
Edtek Offline

Loc: El Paso
I have bought from AMS: AMS site

No minimum, reasonable shipping and quick service.

#2029453 - 02/08/13 06:50 PM Re: International Piano Supply Company [Re: weephee]
miscrms Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
FWIW I just recently ordered some tools and supplies from here:
http://www.vandaking.com/piano-parts.html

It was a little slow by online shopping standards (ordered Sunday, shipped Wed, received Monday), but they seem to have a pretty large catalog and seem friendly enough. My order appears to have drop shipped direct from Schaff as far as I can tell. $30 min.

Rob

Edited by miscrms (02/08/13 07:03 PM)

#2029460 - 02/08/13 07:11 PM Re: International Piano Supply Company [Re: Rickster]
miscrms Offline

I’ve bought other specific piano supplies from Howard Piano Industries (on eBay).

Saw them on ebay too, and also noticed they do have a website you can order directly from.

http://howardpianoindustries.com/piano-parts-supplies.html

They seem to have a few nice listings for the hobbyist, like piano wire in 10' lengths, and a keyboard punching set with front and balance rail felts and probably enough papers in different thicknesses to do a whole piano.

Rob

#2029510 - 02/08/13 08:47 PM Re: International Piano Supply Company [Re: miscrms]
Airspeed Offline

Loc: Washington, D.C.
vandaking.com, which also markets itself as PianoShowcase, sells to anyone. Everything I have bought there ended up coming directly from Schaff piano. Literally everything. So there is a way for non-pros to get the real Schaff parts & tools.

#2032082 - 02/12/13 07:55 PM Re: International Piano Supply Company [Re: weephee]
miscrms Offline

BTW, although they have less selection, an advantage I noticed to using the Howard website is they offer USPS shipping. It varies as to which site is cheaper on any given item, but with UPS ground starting at about $15 minimum the USPS option is nice for small orders.

For example, an order I was just looking at:

#1 tuning hammer tip & tip wrench total with tax & shipping:
Howard: $26.31
vandaking: $46.70

Rob

#2032102 - 02/12/13 08:34 PM Re: International Piano Supply Company [Re: Mark R.]
kpembrook Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Michigan
stevespianoservice.com supports hobbyists with high quality parts, materials, tools and technical support.

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha
Yamaha
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
C. Bechstein M-180 made for American climate?
by Twindad
11/23/14 01:42 PM
what's the best price for a ritmuller 188r?
by zhengy4
11/23/14 01:11 PM
Can twisting bass strings make them brighter in sound
by Silverwood Pianos
11/23/14 12:36 PM
Kawai CA95 - Any Firmware Updates
by McBuster
11/23/14 10:45 AM
Mozart sonata k.333, Mark C?
by Pover
11/23/14 09:54 AM
Forum Stats
77013 Members
42 Forums
159292 Topics
2339948 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission