Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 7 of 15 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#2055521 - 03/28/13 08:27 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
WiseBuff Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Brighton Colorado
Missing my piano. It's spring break and taking time with my husband is important to me. This year I suggested we fly to Phoenix (Scottsdale really) and enjoy a couple of Spring training games with the Rockies. Blizzard in Colorado last Saturday. We made it to the airport at 5 am and listened to United say just 30 more minutes and we'll check the weather until finally about noon when they cancelled our flight. We got a son to drive through the really nasty weather and come get us. Luggage was who knows where. At least I had my piano at home AND I finished a paper I was working on. Monday morning we tried again and made it to sunny Arizona. Found our luggage locked in a case at the airport. Tuesday we met up with FarmGirl for some piano sharing...actually the husbands did not play piano but enjoyed tech talk and when they pried us away from her lovely piano we went out to dinner. What a great time (see our picture in the AOTW thread). Back home to the piano on Saturday. SO...put me down for Mar 25, 27, 28, 29 as out of town.

Love to learn

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#2055741 - 03/28/13 03:02 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
Marc Harris Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Got home very late last night after an evening with friends. "Tired and emotional". Then had to spend a long time tidying up the house. There is no way I would have spent any time on the piano, if it weren't for MOYD. But the thought of having to confess to you all in the morning got me to sit down at the piano. And of course I enjoyed it. Thanks MOYD!

#2055742 - 03/28/13 03:04 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Wisebuff, it sounds like a great trip ---barring the hassle with the snow and flight delays.

How great that you met FarmGirl (I saw the photo, but haven't replied yet to the AOTW thread!).

I'll update the list !

#2055785 - 03/28/13 05:08 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: Marc Harris]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: Marc Harris
Got home very late last night after an evening with friends. "Tired and emotional". Then had to spend a long time tidying up the house. There is no way I would have spent any time on the piano, if it weren't for MOYD. But the thought of having to confess to you all in the morning got me to sit down at the piano. And of course I enjoyed it. Thanks MOYD!

Ah, that's a nice little tale!

#2056440 - 03/29/13 07:13 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
Allard Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I had a busy day and couldn't get to the piano until 23:40. Just in time to count as "today", but too late to play on my baby. The digital... ugggghhh it feels and sounds so bad now. The sound kept falling away under my fingers as the pedal reacted very differently to what I'm already used to. Almost complete lack of sustain sounds really bad with the kind of music I like to play (or with anything, really). It felt like a chore for the first time this year. One gets spoiled quickly!

#2056592 - 03/29/13 11:47 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
Stubbie Offline

Loc: Midwest USA
I'll be away from my piano for the first two weeks of April--a week and a half in Hawaii, then a few days botanizing in southwest Missouri.

#2056673 - 03/30/13 04:36 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Allard, I know what you mean. I barely touch the DP now - and even the Silent version on the acoustic isn't as satisfying!

Stubbie - safe travels!

#2056838 - 03/30/13 12:24 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
Palmpirate Offline

Loc: B.C.Canada
I will be travelling April 2 until May 1st and unable to get to a keyboard! Lots of mental practise in the air and on the table for me......

#2056846 - 03/30/13 12:45 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: Palmpirate]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: Palmpirate
I will be travelling April 2 until May 1st and unable to get to a keyboard! Lots of mental practise in the air and on the table for me......

Wow, that 's a lot of travelling--- buon viaggio and safe travels!

#2057274 - 03/31/13 09:21 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
Palmpirate Offline

Yes,we are going on the Silver Spirit across from FL to Portugal . Maybe I can find a free keyboard somewhere on board. I'll bring my headphones so as not to embarrass myself!

#2057279 - 03/31/13 09:26 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: Stubbie]
Palmpirate Offline

Originally Posted By: Stubbie
I'll be away from my piano for the first two weeks of April--a week and a half in Hawaii, then a few days botanizing in southwest Missouri.

Botanizing? I started out as a Botanist. Life is such a journey. Now I love to visit Bot Gdns wherever I go.

#2058170 - 04/02/13 06:56 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
Andy Platt Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia, USA
I was away visiting family back in England over Spring Break. I had a lovely time (except for the weather) except ... no piano! I was happy to get back to it last night!!

There was actually a piano in the hotel where we stayed for a few days. It was roped off with a big sign saying "Please do not play the piano." Boo, hiss! My wife was happy with that for some reason ...

Kawai K3

#2058172 - 04/02/13 07:04 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: Andy Platt]
ClsscLib Offline

Platinum Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Northern VA, U.S.
Originally Posted By: Andy Platt
I was away visiting family back in England over Spring Break. I had a lovely time (except for the weather) except ... no piano! I was happy to get back to it last night!!

There was actually a piano in the hotel where we stayed for a few days. It was roped off with a big sign saying "Please do not play the piano." Boo, hiss! My wife was happy with that for some reason ...

There was a sign twin to that on a piano in the lobby of a hotel I stayed at last summer in Portland. I spoke to the assistant manager, and she told me that it was there to keep small "chopsticks" children away during the day, and drunks at night. She gave me permission to play, and I did every day I was there. Moral to self: sign or no sign, ask permission to play. If the manager says no, what have I lost?

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing."

-- Florence Foster Jenkins

#2058198 - 04/02/13 08:47 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
Saranoya Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Brussels, Belgium
I need to go on the naughty list for this past Saturday (March 30) ...

This really bums me out, because I managed to keep up daily practice for all those weeks when I did not have a piano at home, and now that I do, I simply oversleep and have to rush out of the house to meet my friends for lunch, then rush to a doctor's appointment ... then come home, have a seizure, and fall asleep like a brick.

Ugh.

Currently Playable
Bach 846, 926, 930
Beethoven 27/2 mvt. 1
Burgmüller 100/3, 4, 7, 12, 15, 19, 25
Chopin 72/1
Clementi 36/1
Grieg 12/1, 7
Tchaikovsky 39/9

Future
Burgmüller 109
Bartok Sz 56
Mozart K331

#2058246 - 04/02/13 10:44 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Welcome back Andy!

Saranoya....that's tough, indeed - and really irritating for you after you managed so well while you were between apartments!!! Hope you're feeling back to normal today.

#2058307 - 04/02/13 01:13 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: Saranoya]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Illinois
Sorry to hear that Saranoya,
I sometimes get overwhelmed with "stuff" too. In fact, I do it to myself at times. I sincerely hope you get back to some bench time soon. BTW your Burgmuller Opus in the piano bar is quite wonderful. smile I'm envious.

Just be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

#2060973 - 04/07/13 07:34 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
Little_Blue_Engine Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ohio, US
Go ahead and take me off the list. I'm not sure if I'll try to get back on later or not, I just haven't been feeling motivated lately.

#2061098 - 04/08/13 02:00 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: Little_Blue_Engine]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: Little_Blue_Engine
Go ahead and take me off the list. I'm not sure if I'll try to get back on later or not, I just haven't been feeling motivated lately.

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling motivated. MOYD can work two ways - it can stimulate you to keep going, or it can start to feel like a burden.

Hope you find the key to refresh your desire to play!

#2061156 - 04/08/13 05:01 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
Mete Offline

Loc: Turkey
Could you please sign me up for the list? Thanks a lot...

#2061157 - 04/08/13 05:02 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: Mete]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: Mete
Could you please sign me up for the list? Thanks a lot...

Of course! Welcome!

#2064744 - 04/15/13 12:45 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Hi Cas! Travel to visit out-of-state relatives over Easter had me miss piano for a few days: March 29 - April 1.

#2064767 - 04/15/13 02:08 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: MaryBee]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: MaryBee
Hi Cas! Travel to visit out-of-state relatives over Easter had me miss piano for a few days: March 29 - April 1.

Hi MaryBee - hmmm I wonder...were you perhaps in Texas smile ?

I'll update your entry

ciao!

#2064820 - 04/15/13 06:54 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
earlofmar Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
Is it too late to be signed up

#2064838 - 04/15/13 07:54 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: earlofmar]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: earlofmar
Is it too late to be signed up

No, it isn't too late!

Cut off date is end of September!

I'll register you on page one -- welcome to MOYD!

#2064920 - 04/15/13 10:44 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Originally Posted By: casinitaly

Hi MaryBee - hmmm I wonder...were you perhaps in Texas smile ?

I'll update your entry

ciao!
That would have been nice, but no. We were visiting my husband's family in Atlanta. But my daughter is coming home in a few weeks for a visit. Yay! grin

Thanks for taking care of the updates.

#2064924 - 04/15/13 10:51 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: Palmpirate]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Yes,we are going on the Silver Spirit across from FL to Portugal . Maybe I can find a free keyboard somewhere on board. I'll bring my headphones so as not to embarrass myself!

I just send a PM to Palmpirate, inviting him to play in my house.
Ok, ok, it's a DP, but it's better than nothing smile

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Self-taught since 12/2009
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.

#2064958 - 04/15/13 12:17 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: CarlosCC]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: CarlosCC

I just send a PM to Palmpirate, inviting him to play in my house.
Ok, ok, it's a DP, but it's better than nothing smile

Nifty! Do let us know if you hook up!

#2065503 - 04/16/13 12:10 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: Stubbie]
Stubbie Offline

Loc: Midwest USA

Aloha! Back from a fantastic trip to Hawaii and a couple of days traipsing about glades in southwest Missouri.

Got in some piano practice last night and it felt good!

#2065518 - 04/16/13 12:23 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: Stubbie]
casinitaly Offline

Aloha! Back from a fantastic trip to Hawaii and a couple of days traipsing about glades in southwest Missouri.

Got in some piano practice last night and it felt good!

Aloha! Welcome back! Sounds like a wonderful time away! Now enjoy the thrill of being home with your piano!

#2066724 - 04/18/13 07:22 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
dynamobt Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: NH
Not too late to sign up, so count me in!!!

Page 7 of 15 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
This is punny
by Tango Vic
Yesterday at 11:58 PM
A brisk Fall day, a room to myself, and a large piano.
by TwoSnowflakes
Yesterday at 08:07 PM
Mixer for live-use
by Auver
Yesterday at 06:24 PM
Question on Kawai CA65 functions
by ColinDS
Yesterday at 04:30 PM
40 year old self-taught in love with Bach - What to do?
by pinkfloydhomer
Yesterday at 04:23 PM
Who's Online
65 registered (beeboss, angga888, András Lieber, Beemer, 15 invisible), 1057 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76591 Members
42 Forums
158373 Topics
2325577 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission