Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 8 of 15 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#2066864 - 04/19/13 02:05 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: dynamobt]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: dynamobt
Not too late to sign up, so count me in!!!

OK, Welcome!

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#2066876 - 04/19/13 02:47 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
JosephAC Offline

Loc: Melbourne Australia
Can I still sign in ?

#2066878 - 04/19/13 02:49 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: JosephAC]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: JosephAC
Can I still sign in ?

You bet! Welcome!

#2072979 - 04/28/13 05:35 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Checking in to say we were away on a long weekend. I managed to play the morning before we left, and when we got home today, so only 2 days off! 26 and 27 April

#2074839 - 05/01/13 08:43 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
Palmpirate Offline

Loc: B.C.Canada
I'm Back. It's been 6 months sinde I've have played an acoustic grand without haedphones! Keyboards are great and all that but I'm back in heaven!

#2074881 - 05/01/13 09:58 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
carolinagirl Offline

I'd like to sign up for this too. I have had my piano for two weeks now and will take my second lesson today. Thanks!

#2074901 - 05/01/13 10:10 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Thunder Bay, On Canada
I'm on pause. smile Haven't been near a piano unless it's at my lesson for the last while. Soon as I can manage I'll get back on the wagon. Right now I'm trying to just get a few days in a week. I'll let you guys know soon as I can get back on a daily schedule.

Meantime, this week I'm shooting for three days at the keys! (baby stepping back in... lol)

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#2075001 - 05/01/13 12:18 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
hegedusmj Offline

Loc: Virginia
I'll be away from practice for 7 days starting 4/29. My bride of 45 years came with me to Hawaii. I think this is my first absence from piano in 2-3 years.

#2075022 - 05/01/13 01:24 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
Tararex Offline

Loc: Middle Georgia, USA
Ah, practice was going so well -- hadn't missed a day all year.

But I was unable to find an instrument while I was away April 13th - 22nd to help with dear daughter's wedding. So now I must ask for permission to join the "excused" list. Rats! frown

#2075128 - 05/01/13 04:29 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: Palmpirate]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: Palmpirate
I'm Back. It's been 6 months sinde I've have played an acoustic grand without haedphones! Keyboards are great and all that but I'm back in heaven!

Welcome back!
Originally Posted By: carolinagirl
I'd like to sign up for this too. I have had my piano for two weeks now and will take my second lesson today. Thanks!

Welcome to the group!

Originally Posted By: beccabb
I'm on pause. smile Haven't been near a piano unless it's at my lesson for the last while. Soon as I can manage I'll get back on the wagon. Right now I'm trying to just get a few days in a week. I'll let you guys know soon as I can get back on a daily schedule.

Meantime, this week I'm shooting for three days at the keys! (baby stepping back in... lol

Just let us know when , or if, you want to be back on the wagon!
Originally Posted By: hedejusmj
I'll be away from practice for 7 days starting 4/29. My bride of 45 years came with me to Hawaii. I think this is my first absence from piano in 2-3 years.

Happy anniversary! 45 years is certainly something to celebrate!

Originally Posted By: Tararex

Ah, practice was going so well -- hadn't missed a day all year.

But I was unable to find an instrument while I was away April 13th - 22nd to help with dear daughter's wedding. So now I must ask for permission to join the "excused" list. Rats! frown

Well, that's a very good reason for missing piano! Best wishes to the newlyweds!

Edited by casinitaly (05/01/13 04:42 PM)

#2075335 - 05/01/13 11:12 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
Just checking in.. still M'ing my D!

Or I'm trying to M my D, and am trying on a daily basis, anyway..

#2075531 - 05/02/13 02:07 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: AimeeO]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: AimeeO
Just checking in.. still M'ing my D!

Or I'm trying to M my D, and am trying on a daily basis, anyway..

Always good to hear an update! Sometimes it is hard to get in music every single day, but it is always worth it, don't you think?

#2077806 - 05/05/13 05:54 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
tinman1943 Offline

Loc: NC
Just checking in.
I was talking with at piano teacher the other day,
trying to explain why I"m still on "book 3" after "playing" for an embarrassingly long number of years.
I offered the excuse that "I don't have a Mommy to make me practice anymore."

Then I remembered "MOM"D--It's the "MOM" that keeps me practicing now.

#2078055 - 05/06/13 02:01 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: tinman1943]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: tinman1943
Just checking in.
I was talking with at piano teacher the other day,
trying to explain why I"m still on "book 3" after "playing" for an embarrassingly long number of years.
I offered the excuse that "I don't have a Mommy to make me practice anymore."

Then I remembered "MOM"D--It's the "MOM" that keeps me practicing now.

smile Thanks for the morning chuckle!
Hang in there!

#2078989 - 05/07/13 07:51 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
Palmpirate Offline

Loc: B.C.Canada
NOw I'm back up at the Winery for the summer season, it is such a lot of work. Between the vines and the garden my arms feel as off they are dropping off. If it wasn't for MOYD I would have passed on piano through sheer exhaustion. but I've managed to keep going, and now practise very early, for at east a half hour before I start feeling guilty about not getting on with other stuff.

#2079101 - 05/08/13 02:39 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: Palmpirate]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: Palmpirate
NOw I'm back up at the Winery for the summer season, it is such a lot of work. Between the vines and the garden my arms feel as off they are dropping off. If it wasn't for MOYD I would have passed on piano through sheer exhaustion. but I've managed to keep going, and now practise very early, for at east a half hour before I start feeling guilty about not getting on with other stuff.

You work at a winery? How very cool!
Good for you - maintaining your piano work at the end of such tiring days!

#2081354 - 05/12/13 12:00 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
MOYD works. I haven't missed a day of practicing so far this year. Even when I had a cold and didn't really feel like practicing, knowing I would have to "fess up", got me to the bench. I just passed 2500 hours practice total since I returned to piano as an adult! That seems like some kind of a milestone, but I know I still have a long way to go before I can call myself competent!

However now I will have a little break from practice. I am heading to Spain for a week. I need to be on the excused list from May 13-20. I should be back on the bench by the 21st! I will miss my piano (Mr. B), but I will enjoy the warmer weather. It is still cold in central Switzerland!

#2081386 - 05/12/13 01:10 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: SwissMS]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: SwissMS
MOYD works. I haven't missed a day of practicing so far this year. Even when I had a cold and didn't really feel like practicing, knowing I would have to "fess up", got me to the bench. I just passed 2500 hours practice total since I returned to piano as an adult! That seems like some kind of a milestone, but I know I still have a long way to go before I can call myself competent!

However now I will have a little break from practice. I am heading to Spain for a week. I need to be on the excused list from May 13-20. I should be back on the bench by the 21st! I will miss my piano (Mr. B), but I will enjoy the warmer weather. It is still cold in central Switzerland!

Wow, that's a lot of hours! I've never kept a log, I wonder...? I doubt I'll start, but it is an interesting idea.

EDITED TO ADD: So I just spent a few minutes figuring out how many days I've missed playing since Christmas Day 2009 - about 50 all told - (1 sick day and the rest travel, primarily when visiting family in Canada)...that leaves me with 1172 days of playing, and an average of at least an hour a day --(some days with just a few minutes but other days with several hours, most days with 2 30-40 minute stretches...)

I've put this here mostly for my own interest, but since I went to the trouble to calculate it, I figured I'd post.
So...roughly another 9,000 hours to go before I'm really good eh? lol.

Have a wonderful time in Spain - where are you visiting? Enjoy the sunshine!

#2081395 - 05/12/13 01:43 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
I am going to a little town called Begur on the Costa Brava. It should be fun!

#2082189 - 05/13/13 11:58 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
joyoussong Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
I think I'll need to be excused tomorrow. I'm working in the provincial election - have to leave @ 6:30 a.m. & won't get home till 9:30 or later. &, since my digital's currently wrapped in plastic to protect it from reno dust (the reno was supposed to be finished last Friday) I can't really play before 6:30 am or after 9:30 pm. - too loud on the accoustic. But I've scheduled a day off on Wednesday, so I'll try to make up the practice time.

#2082253 - 05/14/13 02:21 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: joyoussong]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: joyoussong
I think I'll need to be excused tomorrow. I'm working in the provincial election - have to leave @ 6:30 a.m. & won't get home till 9:30 or later. &, since my digital's currently wrapped in plastic to protect it from reno dust (the reno was supposed to be finished last Friday) I can't really play before 6:30 am or after 9:30 pm. - too loud on the accoustic. But I've scheduled a day off on Wednesday, so I'll try to make up the practice time.

Renovations are a nightmare - I hope they get cracking and wind things up soon! Hope your long day goes smoothly!

#2082922 - 05/15/13 05:58 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
maestro57 Offline

Me in please! But I have to miss a day June 14th as I'll be flying for 20 hours to go back to my home country of Canada from Oz.

#2083212 - 05/15/13 04:58 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: maestro57]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: maestro57
Me in please! But I have to miss a day June 14th as I'll be flying for 20 hours to go back to my home country of Canada from Oz.

Another ex-pat Canuk! smile

It is a bit early, but ok, I'll mark you out for that day....I suppose you'll have a missed day on your way back too?...or will you arrive home before you left, so to speak smile ?

#2083327 - 05/15/13 09:46 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
maestro57 Offline

Originally Posted By: casinitaly
Originally Posted By: maestro57

Another ex-pat Canuk! smile

It is a bit early, but ok, I'll mark you out for that day....I suppose you'll have a missed day on your way back too?...or will you arrive home before you left, so to speak smile ?

I'm currently in Australia (work-related) and will finally be heading back home (Canada) permanently to my wife, home, and better-quality digital piano. But! To save you the trouble, I will play piano that day, since it's still the same day wink I depart June 14th, and arrive back home June 14th. I can play the cheap digital piano I have here for a bit before having to head to the airport, to relieve some airport/flying anxiety.

So, don't mark me out for that day. I WILL PLAY!

Edit: I will never be an ex-pat Canuck - not by choice smile

Edited by maestro57 (05/15/13 09:49 PM)

#2083413 - 05/15/13 11:51 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
earlofmar Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
kiss the wife, pat the dog and straight to the piano, is that the right order?
Say hi to the Trailer Park Boys for me, saw them live in Sydney last year, very strange show.

Edited by earlofmar (05/15/13 11:52 PM)

#2083441 - 05/16/13 12:57 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
joyoussong Offline
500 Post Club Member

Well, I survived my long day yesterday spent today at home recuperating (& practicing). I sure hope my reno gets finished this friday so I can unwrap my digital - I miss being able to play at any time of day or night.

#2083481 - 05/16/13 02:56 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: earlofmar]
AimeeO Offline

Loc: New Orleans
Originally Posted By: earlofmar
Say hi to the Trailer Park Boys for me, saw them live in Sydney last year, very strange show.

omg I love the Trailer Park Boys! I wish they would come here!

And to stay on topic, I am still on track :Grin:

#2083512 - 05/16/13 05:02 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: AimeeO]
maestro57 Offline

Originally Posted By: earlofmar

Originally Posted By: AimeeO
omg I love the Trailer Park Boys! I wish they would come here!

And to stay on topic, I am still on track :Grin:

Haha! The Trailer Park Boys are one of those things you can't believe your country produced (in a bad way). But, sure, if they're in my neck of the woods, I'll say hi to the bunch for you wink I'll surely miss your country, earlofmar - especially the Aussie (Rules) Football League!

Oh, and I played 2 hours of piano today, working mainly on the 3rd movement of Beethoven's Sonata No. 5, Op. 10 No. 1. Not on the naughty list just yet.

#2083522 - 05/16/13 05:47 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Ok... Maestro57 - back on the "pure" list you go! I'm not familiar with the Beethoven you're working on (at least not by name...) I'll have to check it out. Likewise the Trailer Park Boys that Earlofmar mentioned.....no idea!

AimeeO - good work!

Carol - glad you made it through the long tough day! Hope you get your piano out of wraps soon!

#2083585 - 05/16/13 09:37 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
ClsscLib Online   content

Platinum Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Northern VA, U.S.
On the road for business today. I'm going to try to get to a piano somewhere before the end of the day, but unless I do I may have to fall off the "pure" list.

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing."

-- Florence Foster Jenkins

Page 8 of 15 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
141 registered (accordeur, Al LaPorte, ando, ajames, 44 invisible), 1913 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75560 Members
42 Forums
156227 Topics
2294422 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Questioning the Wisdom of Heavy Actions
by Dwscamel
Today at 12:52 PM
What do you think made you passionate about music/piano?
by Spuds
Today at 11:45 AM
Tune lab question
by RonTuner
Today at 11:32 AM
What IS this song? (And yes, I mean "song"!)
by TwoSnowflakes
Today at 09:35 AM
Kawai Cp200 repair needed
by Walks
Today at 08:52 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission