Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2029246 - 02/08/13 11:07 AM Need Advice on New Piano-Vogel vs. Schulze Pollmann or ???
musicmom451 Offline

Loc: USA
Hi All. I’ve been a lurker on the site for a while, but am new to posting. There is such a wealth of great info here-very impressive resource! I’m hoping to get some advice on our piano purchase. We’re looking to upgrade our piano from an entry level 48” “Made in China” to one that can grow with my son as his playing progresses-ideally for at least 5 years, hopefully more like 10. Our piano has served us well over the past few years, but we think it might be time to kick it up a notch. We would like to stick with an upright and our budget is around $7k to $10k max, plus our trade (which is only worth around $1k or so). We would like an American or European (probably Eastern European on our budget) piano. We’ve looked at the Vogel 125, W. Hoffmann T128, Charles Walter 1500 and the Schulze Pollmann Studio Upgrade 122. We really liked the Vogel and the SP. There’s a big price difference between the two- Vogel about $11k out of pocket and SP $7k. Is that price difference justified? I know the Vogel has a Renner action, so I’m guessing that that accounts for some of the differential. We plan on taking another look at the CW, as that would also be on the lower end of the budget. If anyone has feedback on the pianos we’ve already seen or suggestions on others to look at, it would be much appreciated.

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

#2029253 - 02/08/13 11:24 AM Re: Need Advice on New Piano-Vogel vs. Schulze Pollmann or ??? [Re: musicmom451]
Steven Y. A. Offline

Loc: Toronto
Vogel 125 is an amazing piano, its on top of my list. They require some prep work make sure the dealer is willing to do it.
Also I feel the difference between v125 v121 v115 is not that significant - of course try get the v125 if you can but just saying v115 is also a very good choice.
The actions are very good and light. The local dealer had vogel, SChimmel C and Konzert series upright placed side by side - all unprepped out of crate. Konzert series has a much better "out of crate" stage than C and Vogel. So make sure your dealer spent some time to prepp them.

#2029325 - 02/08/13 01:47 PM Re: Need Advice on New Piano-Vogel vs. Schulze Pollmann or ??? [Re: musicmom451]
musicmom451 Offline

Loc: USA
My son really liked the Vogel too. Our local dealer also had all of the models side by side, however he did say he prepped his pianos. My son played the Vogel and Schimmel Classic. We knew the Konzert was way out of our range, so we didn't even want to be tempted by it. The salesman played the 132 for us though and it sounded amazing. I wish I could find a store with the SP and the Vogel for a side by side comparison. It's so hard to remember from one week to the next. We'll have to try out the other Vogel models when we go back to the store. Good to know that the difference isn't that significant. Sounds like they are worth considering, especially if we can save some $$$.

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
121 registered (alfstan, Abby Pianoman, AmateurBob, ajames, 43 invisible), 1446 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75528 Members
42 Forums
156186 Topics
2293558 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Toyama Piano- A Year On.
by TheAccompanist
1 minute 8 seconds ago
Frederick Historical Piano Benefit Concert - July 29 2014
by Terrytunes
15 minutes 6 seconds ago
Using a (continuous) sustain pedal as expression
by barmassimo
34 minutes 8 seconds ago
PianoDiscs and Synthesia
by pianistfromSG
51 minutes 29 seconds ago
[AMAZING PIANO COMP.] Anyone able to transcribe it from ear?
by Weakky
51 minutes 50 seconds ago
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission