Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 141 of 161 < 1 2 ... 139 140 141 142 143 ... 160 161 >
Topic Options
#2029375 - 02/08/13 03:49 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Horowitzian]
Minnesota Marty Offline

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014

Loc: Rochester MN
All of us from the Northland like to go south for the winter. Antarctia is a bit too far, however.

It's much easier to bash a Steinway than it is to play one.

(ad PTG 568) Grand Action Regulation in 37 Steps
Grand Action Regulation in 37 Steps
#2029525 - 02/08/13 09:04 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Diane...]
David Jenson Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
Originally Posted By: Diane...
Well, we will just have to BEAR it til summer comes around again. Hope summer isn't CANCELLED! . . .

I watched that animation for 20 minutes. The Penguin's done guys. It's chow time!
-----

#2029729 - 02/09/13 08:23 AM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Horowitzian]
Minnesota Marty Offline

I would like to suggest The Perfectly Prepared Penguine by Bearnard Berenstain. It is best to have it shipped by Polar Express.

#2029750 - 02/09/13 09:01 AM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Horowitzian]
David Jenson Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Notice !

Free snow available to anyone forced to live in snow-free areas. Shipping and handling extra - Throw in one of Marty's finely roasted penguins for extra atmosphere and an authentic cold weather experience.

(Calculate your snow shipping costs from Central Maine)
-----

#2029763 - 02/09/13 09:18 AM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Horowitzian]
Minnesota Marty Offline

Well, if the weather map is accurate, Central Maine is hard to locate at the moment, and thus hard to calculate shipping.

David, how is life while living under the snow?

#2029794 - 02/09/13 10:08 AM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Minnesota Marty]
Roy Rodgers Offline

Loc: Ranger, Texas
My siter-in-law and her family are in Biddeford, MA. Haven't heard yet from them how things are. But the weather maps look like fun.

#2029796 - 02/09/13 10:11 AM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Horowitzian]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Grand Rapids Michigan
I don't know the exact amount but, I think, GR got about 1'? That isn's squat compared to what some of the rest of you "Easterners" have gotten! 2 and 3'? And, we live here why??? smile
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#2029801 - 02/09/13 10:16 AM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: David Jenson]
David, Las Vegas Offline

Loc: Las Vegas, Nevada
Originally Posted By: David Jenson
Notice !

Free snow available to anyone forced to live in snow-free areas. Shipping and handling extra - Throw in one of Marty's finely roasted penguins for extra atmosphere and an authentic cold weather experience.

Yes, I'll take some of that. We could use some actual weather in these parts.... and could you throw in a few pounds of those Jordan's Red Hot Dogs! Maine exile.
1931 Mason Hamlin AA

#2029884 - 02/09/13 01:06 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Horowitzian]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Sold from David, to David! Ship away David! Is one of you Goliath in disguise???

Who used the last roll of toilet paper again??

www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#2029906 - 02/09/13 01:51 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: David, Las Vegas]
David Jenson Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: David, Las Vegas

Yes, I'll take some of that. We could use some actual weather in these parts.... and could you throw in a few pounds of those Jordan's Red Hot Dogs! Maine exile.

Red hotdogs are all the rage here. We had a Thai restaurant open up next to Jack's Trading Post, and that Thai food stood no chance against Jack's steamed red dogs. ('Went out of business within a year.) A red hot dog with one of those pickled eggs fished from that murky water, and you've got a meal that just makes ya want to go cut a tree down somewhere!

I'll substitute the roast penguin for red hot dogs just for a mainer in exile.
-----

#2029911 - 02/09/13 01:58 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Jerry Groot RPT]
David Jenson Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Jerry Groot RPT
I don't know the exact amount but, I think, GR got about 1'? That isn's squat compared to what some of the rest of you "Easterners" have gotten! 2 and 3'? And, we live here why??? smile

Jerry, we live here for the snow and cold. How soon you forget! We have 6 months where we never break a sweat. How great is that!?!?

I think we have 18" or so here. It's blowing around so much I can't tell. The coast got more, but those folks don't vote the way I think they should, so they should SUFFER by golly!
-----

#2029949 - 02/09/13 03:39 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: David, Las Vegas]
Horowitzian Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: David, Las Vegas
Notice !

Really don't want to think about how drivers in the desert would react to snow...they are bad enough where I am! At least drivers in the northland are mostly attuned to how to drive safely in the snow.

#2030774 - 02/10/13 07:54 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Horowitzian]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Oh my gosh!!! You should see the video of my son driving his semi out west in bad weather. He has a dashboard cam just like what the police cruisers carry. So whatever happens, he has proof of it.

About 1 or 2 weeks ago, he was driving in some pretty nasty weather. Well, we all know that SUV drivers tend to drive to fast but what they don't realize is that they can and do lose control just as easy as a car and they can't stop any faster either just because they have it in 4 wheel drive.

Well, some woman driving one of these, she went past Joe and of course, was driving to fast. She first hit the slush in the center of the road between the lanes. She immediately panicked and over corrected which sent her over to the right side and off from the road. Once more, she panicked over correcting but this time, she totally lost control at which time she also slammed on the brakes. Once the brakes are on, there is NO control. Because of her stupidity of driving to fast for the conditions and her carelessness she could have been killed and here's why.

She wound up sliding sideways down the highway, brakes on tight headed right into my sons lane. He had already moved over into the left lane trying to avoid crunching her SUV down to nothiing. At the time, he was weighing 40,000 pounds. She kept coming and so did he. People don't realize that semi's can't stop quickly at all.

My son wound up driving his big rig into the median to avoid hitting her. Turns out there was a pregnant woman in the back seat on the same side that my son would have hit. She would have more than likely died as well as the other passengers from being crushed.

In watching the video many times, it is clear that he just BARELY missed her by just a couple of inches!!! She is one lucky woman.

What ticks me off is that someone towed her out and she took off while there sets my son Joe in the middle of the median for 2 hours waiting for a semi tow truck to haul him out all because of that. They did take pictures of her licenese plate however so, she will wind up paying the towing bill!

It's scary to listen to the many stories he tells me that cars do to trucks for no reason at all. They are putting their lives in the hands of a semi that takes I believe he said, 4 football fields to stop when fully loaded in normal weather.

So, think before you drive to fast in nasty weather. The person you kill just might be yourself
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#2030853 - 02/10/13 11:50 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Horowitzian]
Diane... Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Western Canada
Yikes Jerry,
That's certainly sounds like a "HAIR RAISING" experience! wink

#2030858 - 02/10/13 11:56 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Horowitzian]
Diane... Offline
3000 Post Club Member

And . . .

#2030873 - 02/11/13 12:36 AM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Horowitzian]
Horowitzian Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Damn, that sounds bad. Glad no one was hurt though!

Same thing applies to "beating the train". Watch this video to get a firsthand view of 7000 tons of rolling steel take out a heavy water truck. You can here the hissing as the crew dumps their air, but it's already too late...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH71-l52iyw

#2030953 - 02/11/13 06:37 AM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Horowitzian]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

It is scary stuff. I could hear his girlfriend/wife to be in July, saying oh noo, oh nooo, oh Nooo OHHHHH NOOOOOO!!! Makes my eyes tear up just thinking about it! They of course, could have gottne killed too. You never know. Joe said later that his truck could have flipped onto its side too. It was a judgement call. Possibly kill someone or take his chances. He took his chances.
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#2031078 - 02/11/13 11:28 AM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Horowitzian]
Diane... Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Things can happen so fast. You "gotta wonder". Like . . . how did this happen, and how did I get HERE! In this mall.! grin
Glad it all "turned" out safe for them all Jerry!

Edited by Diane... (02/11/13 11:30 AM)

#2031119 - 02/11/13 12:32 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Horowitzian]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Welcome back by the way, Diane!! You were sorely missed around here!!! smile

Yep, I did it! grin

www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#2031180 - 02/11/13 02:13 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Horowitzian]
Diane... Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Hey Jerry . . . since your operation, what kind of medication are you on? I've been here for weeks. Jerry: Are you seeing straight! Can you SEE my posts?
I'm worried bout ya Jerry! Can't see the forrest for the "trees" grin
I say let's NOT legalize drugs cause we will have to change all the signs to ..."Don't Drink & Smoke & Drive"!

#2031190 - 02/11/13 02:27 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Horowitzian]
Horowitzian Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Keystone Kops right there! laugh

#2031249 - 02/11/13 03:41 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Horowitzian]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

I thought you took off for a while Diane? I guess you're either high, or I am!!! Woo hoooooooooo let the party begin!!! smile
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#2031462 - 02/11/13 08:24 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Horowitzian]
David Jenson Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Diane,
Several of us have been carefully monitoring Jerry to make sure he's gonna' be OK again. He's been a little crabby, but our resident psychologist assures us that he will be back to dispensing those awful puns again very soon. The minute the puns reappear, you can breathe a sigh of relief.

-----

#2031595 - 02/12/13 01:18 AM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: David Jenson]
Diane... Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Diane,
Several of us have been carefully monitoring Jerry

Good! Cause I seriously think JERRY has been sniffing too much "SNOW" grin or his wife has a pillow over his head too tight? grin
I've been around for about 2 weeks now, & he just noticed me now? I'm worried about you Jerry, very worried! wink

Edited by Diane... (02/12/13 01:18 AM)

#2031880 - 02/12/13 02:18 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Horowitzian]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

That's what happened. I found it on the beach and it was free, what can I say?

I know, I've been a bit testy and short for a while. Sorry about that. I was telling my older sister that many things are/have been, going on. First my Osteoarthritis was getting to the point where I couldn't do much anymore. Anything that required a lot of work like grand damper work, I couldn't do it. My neck wouldn't look up very well and it hurt like mad when I tried.

Then, I discovered that I had a hernia. 2 years ago, in the fall, I had that repaired.

Not to long after about a month, I think, I fell damaging my right knee meniscus. I wound up getting that repaired the following year. 8 months ago, I started Prolotherapy for my arthritis which does work by the way. It heals it. I don't hurt nearly as much today, as I did 10 months back. Prolotherapy is great but, it hurts like heck when you're getting the shots. I was getting 150-170 shots a month. I skipped a couple of months due to illness and another surgery.

Every time I get these shots, after one week passes I start getting really, really tired. That last for about the next week or longer.

I had my Gallbladder removed on January 10th however, for a year or two prior to that, I had terrible pain and so, we figure it was from that looking back at it now. So, that's gone but now the post surgery pains which are not pleasent at all and being on pain killers after 7 & 8 PM does play with ones mind a bit.

So, all in all, I'm on the upswing. I was in the meantime however, slowly reaching the breaking point because I couldn't do much. It hurt a lot to do much.

Today, I tuned 3 pianos. Yesterday I tuned 4 pianos but today I paid for it being more sore again. That, my dear friends, is what has been affecting my mood.

3 sugeries in the past 3 years and then Prolotherapy which runs you down but it does work....

As I said, I'm on the upswing but I'm still sore...

I'll come back around one of these days..... smile
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#2031909 - 02/12/13 03:03 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Horowitzian]
Diane... Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Rest Up Jerry . . . where you can be alone!

#2032373 - 02/13/13 09:45 AM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Horowitzian]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Now, that picture is what you call a "real tree hugger!" HAH!

I told you not to give me that last drink!

www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#2032471 - 02/13/13 01:19 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Jerry Groot RPT]
Minnesota Marty Offline

Originally Posted By: Jerry Groot RPT
I told you not to give me that last drink!

Hey Jer - Your new snout and ears are very becoming on you! It's good to see you kept the avatar smile.

#2032505 - 02/13/13 02:31 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Horowitzian]
Diane... Offline
3000 Post Club Member

WEATHER YOU REMEMBER OR NOT!!!!
TOMORROW is VALENTINE'S DAY! Don't forget, or you'll be hearing about it all year LONG! grin

Edited by Diane... (02/13/13 02:32 PM)

#2032767 - 02/13/13 10:56 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living in the Northland) [Re: Horowitzian]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Oh, before I forget happy valentines Day honey!!! Crap, does that mean I have to get her something AGAIN????? How about 1 rose? Or, One Twinkie? Or, one piece of something? Boy, that didn't sound quite right did it... Well, a piece of something is better than a piece of nothing, right?
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

Page 141 of 161 < 1 2 ... 139 140 141 142 143 ... 160 161 >

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
recording digital piano
by johan d
10/22/14 03:38 AM
Ambitious Jazz beginner
by Ruan
10/22/14 01:10 AM
Is this a real Steinway?
by chernobieff
10/21/14 11:51 PM
DGX-650 TOPIC
by Jtreimer
10/21/14 11:24 PM
Janko keyboard video
by Michael Sayers
10/21/14 08:28 PM
Who's Online
62 registered (anotherscott, barbaram, AZNpiano, András Lieber, andwi, 17 invisible), 1148 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76610 Members
42 Forums
158407 Topics
2326264 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission