Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) End Stage Fright
End Stage Fright
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#2032210 - 02/13/13 12:43 AM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Monica K.]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Originally Posted By: Monica K.
I would pay good money for video of the event. smokin

I heard a rumor that they were going to set up a Skype connection during the party. Maybe you can get in on that and see it all live.

(ads P/S)
Petrof Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2032245 - 02/13/13 02:33 AM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
FarmGirl Online   content

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Mr SH - you are so funny! I am all for having fun.
Sam - you are the only kid of the party since the rest of us are all so ... mature. So I will have to make you sleep with my dogs if you drink too much. Just kidding. I think we will have lots of fun.
Pieces at work - Schubert Sonata D960 2nd mvmnt Andante sostenute, Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1, Haru No Umi-the Sea In Spring (Michio Miyagi) for Flute & Piano (Nov Diversity Fair at work)

#2032462 - 02/13/13 12:51 PM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Peyton]

Originally Posted By: Peyton
Originally Posted By: Mr Super-Hunky

PLUS, I'm going to my first piano party this weekend at Farmgirls house. She has already indicated from her posts that she likes getting a little boozy from time to time so who knows how things will go. Things could get a little crazy where we all end up playing piano in our Speedos and dancing on the table tops before the night is over. Who knows. I'm not sure if I should be nice and behave or just go completely nuts. Well after giving it 3-4 seconds of thought, I decided that I must be true to myself which means I'll probably end up going nuts along with all the other party animals in the room.

A Super-music weekend certainly WILL be here soon.

OK... I agree. A youtube vid of this is needed... Unless of course SH is pulling our leg and in fact they are all just going to sit around sipping wine and discussing the finish on Farmgirl's piano... Yawn. smile

Did I see "Speedo" in the quote? How could I miss it. I know Mr SH wrote underwear model as his occupation. Now I suddenly have a high expectation for the night!
Pieces at work - Schubert Sonata D960 2nd mvmnt Andante sostenute, Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1, Haru No Umi-the Sea In Spring (Michio Miyagi) for Flute & Piano (Nov Diversity Fair at work)

#2032492 - 02/13/13 02:00 PM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Arizona.
Yes Farmgirl. You see, I was thinking we could all play a fun game called 'strip-piano performance' Here's how it works.

We all start off by playing our most recent recital piece since it is still somewhat fresh. (plus that's all I can remember). No worries/stress. After the performance is concluded, we simply tally up any/all mistakes as well as any area that could use improvement and that total equals how many articles of clothing are to be removed. Simple huh?

This fun little game will then continue until we get through ALL of our past recital performances or we all freeze, whatever comes first.

Who wants to play?

As far as the Skype connection goes, I think that is a fantastic starting point but now I'm starting to think more like 'pay per view'. Here's what I'm thinking.

For the base rate of $39.95 will get you a live feed. The connection won't be great and the resolution may be a little grainy but you cheaped out so this is what you get.

For $59.95 you are upgraded to the level that gets you the live feed PLUS commentary, still shots, and instant replay.

The $79.95 level (BEST VALUE) gets you everything previously mentioned PLUS a signed and scented 8x10 glossy group shot of all the participants as well as a monthly newsletter.

Okay that was a lie, there is no newsletter. I made that part up!.

Anyway, it's Farmgirls party so she will be in charge of the connection, billing etc. It's just a thought but who knows, it could be fun plus who doesn't like a little extra cash!

#2032507 - 02/13/13 02:33 PM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: FarmGirl]
Sam Rose Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Los Angeles
If we play your 'strip-piano performance' game, I'll be having pieces of my skin flayed from my body, so PLEASE, let's scratch that part of it blush
Chopin Ballade no 1 in G minor Op.23
My Piano Diary: http://www.youtube.com/sirsardonic
♪ > $

#2032508 - 02/13/13 02:33 PM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
peterws Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
I think the least you can do is supply us with free photosamples . . .you have to speculate to accumulate and all that

""

#2032543 - 02/13/13 03:39 PM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
...yea, well... I'm not so sure I WANT to see Mr. SH dancing on Farmgirls piano in just his speedo's (or worse). I may save my money and let Monica tell me all about it (snicker).

Good idea Sam. Most girlfriends and wives don't particulary like the idea of their significant others going off to striptease piano parties. You would get back home and find the strings missing from your piano.

#2032573 - 02/13/13 04:39 PM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cleveland, OH
I see that everyone is definitely relaxing after the stress of getting their pieces submitted!

#2032576 - 02/13/13 04:42 PM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Allard Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I'm still stressed! Only one day left to get a better take, but now I have to cope with some very disturbing images! To think this used to be such a reputable thread *mutter*

#2032580 - 02/13/13 04:52 PM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Peyton]
PianoStudent88 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Peyton
Good idea Sam. Most girlfriends and wives don't particulary like the idea of their significant others going off to striptease piano parties. You would get back home and find the strings missing from your piano.

All the G strings would still be there.

#2032586 - 02/13/13 04:59 PM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

>You would get back home and find the strings missing from your piano.
>All the G strings would still be there.

I expected instead to find *additional* strings in the piano?

#2032617 - 02/13/13 06:18 PM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: wouter79]
peterws Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

I can see that the age old formula of pianos, beer and fags (ciggies that is) will wreak it`s usual havoc. . Put an electrified fence round that instrument, lass!

""

#2032729 - 02/13/13 09:18 PM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]

Oh no! Guys, No strip playing in my house. I have two furry kids. I have to set a good example.

My apologies, Monic and everyone. I think I managed to corrupt this fine thread. That's why I should never write anything or play the piano after I had just one glass of wine. I get a little too happy.

#2032730 - 02/13/13 09:18 PM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Thoughts of Mr. Super-hunky's speedo should not make AB forum members forget that there is less than 24 hours to get their submissions in to the recital. Go conquer that Red Dot, y'all!

#2032884 - 02/14/13 07:33 AM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Monica K.]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Monica K.
Thoughts of Mr. Super-hunky's speedo should not make AB forum members forget that there is less than 24 hours to get their submissions in to the recital. Go conquer that Red Dot, y'all!

Recital?

#2032967 - 02/14/13 11:09 AM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
GrouchoMarx Offline

Two pieces composed by Rachmaninoff in the same recital, must be quite rare. Rarer still, it's the exact same piece.

#2032985 - 02/14/13 11:28 AM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: GrouchoMarx]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: GrouchoMarx
Two pieces composed by Rachmaninoff in the same recital, must be quite rare. Rarer still, it's the exact same piece.

Wow, that IS unusual. We often get multiple Chopin pieces, and even the same piece...but I don't even remember the last time there was a Rach piece in the line-up.

After reading all the "side-bar" discussions about FarmGirl's piano party, I'm extra sorry I won't be there.

I really hope someone brings a camera to the event!

#2033005 - 02/14/13 12:00 PM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
peterws Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Anybody tell me when this starts? In Northern England language . . . . Do I just click onto this site, or what? Don`t want to miss half of it . . .

""

#2033012 - 02/14/13 12:11 PM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: peterws]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Anybody tell me when this starts? In Northern England language . . . . Do I just click onto this site, or what? Don`t want to miss half of it . . .

Somewhere on the 15 a thread named "Recital #29 -- Discussion Room" will appear in the ABF forum. Usually it's sticky

#2033014 - 02/14/13 12:14 PM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: casinitaly]
BenPiano Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: casinitaly
I really hope someone brings a camera to the event!

Pictures or it didn't happen. grin

#2033017 - 02/14/13 12:18 PM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: GrouchoMarx]
wouter79 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Yes this is really surprising. Actually the other piece I have ready now is exactly this Rach32.12 and I would have submitted that if I did not want feedback on the Mendelssohn that I already had laying around for half a year. So we almost had 3 times this same piece.

I previously had Maple Leaf Rag (Scott Joplin) together with someone else. So exactly the same piece is not that rare. Rach op32.no12 has not been performed yet, but the c# minor was quite popular in the past.

#2033041 - 02/14/13 12:59 PM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: wouter79]
Valencia Offline

Originally Posted By: wouter79

Yes this is really surprising. Actually the other piece I have ready now is exactly this Rach32.12 and I would have submitted that if I did not want feedback on the Mendelssohn that I already had laying around for half a year. So we almost had 3 times this same piece.

I previously had Maple Leaf Rag (Scott Joplin) together with someone else. So exactly the same piece is not that rare. Rach op32.no12 has not been performed yet, but the c# minor was quite popular in the past.

Now there is just one. smile

#2033098 - 02/14/13 03:25 PM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Allard Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Alright, I moved way to the back. I couldn't stand listening to the old recording - too many errors in places that I should play properly. My sister listened and just remarked "you can do better"... uh yeah, you don't understand what it's like... red dot... "YOU CAN DO BETTER". Okay sis!

#2033168 - 02/14/13 04:59 PM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: wouter79]
peterws Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Thanks, man!

""

#2033264 - 02/14/13 07:42 PM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Monica K. Offline

Only about an hour to go... come on, guys; get those recordings uploaded.

#2033295 - 02/14/13 08:41 PM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: Monica K.]
aTallGuyNH Offline

I am in... and sooooooooo excited!

laugh yippie

Working on: my aversion to practicing in front of my wife

1978 Vose & Sons spinet "Rufus"
1914 Huntington upright "Mabel"

XXIX-XXXII

#2033310 - 02/14/13 08:57 PM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Monica K. Offline

You might be the last one, TallGuy. I'm a few minutes away from shutting it down and starting the processing. Going once...

#2033312 - 02/14/13 09:01 PM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Monica K. Offline

ohmigosh... Aimee O sneaks in under the wire, right at 9:00 pm. thumb

#2033315 - 02/14/13 09:03 PM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
hawgdriver Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Denver, CO
Ah man, I missed it. But I still look forward to listening!

#2033316 - 02/14/13 09:05 PM Re: Recital #29 --- Call For Submissions [Re: AB Forum Recital]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
hehehe I hope I grabbed the right file... I spent 2 hours trying to get a better recording and wound up using what I mustered up last night.. hope it's not too awful!

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
99 registered (AZNpiano, ando, Atrys, adanepst, angga888, a_dee, 17 invisible), 1325 Guests and 48 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74206 Members
42 Forums
153516 Topics
2249673 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Re-stringing an 84yr old Grand.....?
by Grandpianoman
Today at 01:56 AM
Theme identification
by Polyphonist
Today at 01:26 AM
Morning Mist: a ballade for piano
by JoelW
Today at 12:27 AM
Insanity
by Polyphonist
Yesterday at 11:55 PM
Yamaha P140 sluggish keys : how to fix?
by Bambell
Yesterday at 11:52 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission