2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (Barly, 1957, btcomm, brennbaer, Animisha, bobrunyan, 1200s, 36251, 13 invisible), 1,912 guests, and 351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 331 of 370 1 2 329 330 331 332 333 369 370
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
ooh do be carefull old chap.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
LOL, Wayne!

I just wanted to chime in here for the first time in months. I've been really enjoying this thread. I've learned a lot about different music and only wish I had something to contribute. I just posted stuff I liked from YT and soon ran out of my favorites. But I check this thread almost every day and have admired the camaraderie within. I'm a mostly self taught, play by ear pianist, thus I know little to nothing about classical so I never had anything to share that way. I learned a lot from Griffin's offerings and Rupak's, among others. So just because it seems I dropped off the face of the earth, it's only because I feel I wasn't contributing anything worthwhile. It's certainly nothing personal.

Sandy

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Wayne looks like he is suffering from PMT and PMS, actually it is a combination of both called PMTS

which stands for Pre- Meditated - Thread - Shutdown.

I think we can all relax now, he didnt do it after all, my guess is he had second thoughts.

I wish I had second thoughts sometimes, I would avoid lots of trouble if I just thought twice.

\unless, the first time I thought " oh sorry to have inadvertantly annoyed you old bean"

and then the second thought was " right i will kill you now"
instead of apologising say.

the the second thought would be worse, wonder if there is a name for that, like "ridiculous second thought syndrome?"

Last edited by Rostosky; 02/12/13 08:43 PM.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

A

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Griffin, Richard, thanks so much for all of the Sundays of classical music postings! It has been most educational, enjoyable, and appreciated. I know that it took a lot of time, and I want you to know it is appreciated. But piano time is first and foremost, so have at it!

Piround, don't feel bad. I check to see what's going on from my iphone, mostly, when I'm on the go. I don't usually have time to post and stuff until the middle of the week.

I survived another Mardi Gras! yaaay me

My mom sent me this one, today. She said I had to listen because the song is pretty and so are the fish. I really liked it! I hope you all enjoy it too.

It's "Please Don't Go" by Barcelona.

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
While googling the band Barcelona, I stumbled on another band named Barcelona. This Barcelona has some rather entertaining computer-themed songs. And one of the vocalists is a chick!

Here's "I Have the Password to Your Shell Account."

And here is "C-64" about the Commodore 64. I had one of those!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
You have contributed by posting piRround, no worries smile

Rossy, I was joking about the thread in PC wink AimeeO, I'll watch your posts a bit later smile

Laters folks, I've work to do smile

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Aimee, I liked those songs, I didn’t know there was a rock band called Barcelona. Btw, here the Commodore 64 was also a popular computer when I was a teen. It had very good videogames!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Here’s a video that offers an interesting introduction to the fortepiano. I especially liked the sustain mechanism of this instrument, it seems intuitive.

Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
Sandy, how lovely to see you. smile

Aimee, your energy and posting power has sustained this thread greatly in recent weeks.

This thread's not dying out. Griff and I simply felt we were being over dominant and that it was eating into our own time. If we started posting stuff like this ...

...midweek it might start to feel like a monopoly, that's all.

Wayne, my Op. 62/3 I've been working on, id est, off and on, since last October. I'm confident that it's shaping up nicely. The Op. 62/1 is a more recent acquisition and is under a little more time constraint. My ABRSM edition has it at 58 bpm and there's no way I'd attempt that without six months or so of festering gestation so it should be about as expressive as, and very similar in tempo to, the nocturne I've done in the upcoming recital #29.

I might have preferred the piece a little faster but I think Barenboim might have been on amphetamines when he did his.

Richard
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
I am glad you said that Richard because I feel the same about opus 38 no.2 , I know barenboim is meant to be great and everything, but he plays that one so fast I feel nearly everything is lost from it.

It is called after all "lost happiness" barenboim in my opinion plays it as though it is called "extremely blurry view from a high speed train window"

I do not like his speed on this one at all, it doesnt do it justice or sit right.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I've given them a listen and agree with you both smile I'd play them both slower wink

Last edited by wayne33yrs; 02/14/13 07:08 AM. Reason: to edit my edit reason ;)
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
If only all wedding receptions were this entertaining:

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
No sign of rogue DJ's in this one. smile

One of the most distinctive voices of the Mersey sound to offer a calming influence while we wait anxiously for another eight hours or so.

Richard
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
who is "waiting anxiously" and why? i dont understand, is it something to do with the pope resigning?

Firstly ( before i get to the papal issue of the week) One should never ever wait anxiously for anything , especially not for eight hours.
such is the stuff of heart attacks and an early grave.
Waiting anxiously should be in the top three things to be avoided in life.

papal issue of the week, and here we do have a most interesting one, Popes do not resign, they either die of old age, or get assasinated ( sometimes poisoned by ladder climbing cardinals 0 but they do not resign.

Example, the last Pope, who nearly went on forever, he had shrunk and was stooped with age, all dried out and had to be carried everywhere, but resigning was not an option.

BUT, if we consider St.malachy and his papal predictions made hundreds of years ago, that the next pope (Peter the Roman) will be the last, then maybe this "resigning pope"

Is resigning to allow the apocalypse to happen a little sooner than anticipated...

http://www.bibleprobe.com/last10popes.htm

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Rossy, you beat me to it, I'd prepared this to keep Richard busy for a bit!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
and for everyone else, this! I'd love a harp, but then again, I'd have even less time/a life, and post less frown

Last edited by wayne33yrs; 02/14/13 05:26 PM.
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
thats magic wayne, and could be a usefull tool for any "anxious" folk out there in the future.

I get anxious quite often ( never for the full eight hours though) I get anxious when I am on my next to last ciggy,till someone goes to the shop for my next packet of baccy.

I used to get anxious before the dentist untill I stopped going entirely.

Once I got toilet anxiety because i was walking home late at night and needed a number two, and unfortunately it was a very busy main road i was walking down, and worse, everyones garden was well lit, so no release there.

Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
The anxiousness was not the typical uneasiness commonly associated the word but the second definition, that of eagerness, and it was directly referencing the upcoming ABF Recital that has caused some jitteriness in some corners of the forum.

I liked the harp, Wayne (I got to play one quite recently) but didn't have time for the three hour thingy. Sorry - had to give that a miss.

Richard
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
thanks goodness Richard I thought you had started waiting for the white smoke to appear from vatican city!

my mistake is probably because i am having horsemeat withdrawels. I want to eat princess annes horse ( a particularly muscular beast to accommodate her not inconsiderable physique)

Does donkey count?

Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
Donkeys are grazers too, Rossy, so they should be ok. Make sure you get a young one though, they can get very tough. Or you could pressure cook it as that tenderises meat somewhat - just a thought.

Oh, and do avoid the wonky ones ...

(Hate to double post but you might remember this)

Richard
Page 331 of 370 1 2 329 330 331 332 333 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission