Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#2037190 - 02/21/13 08:00 PM Re: Colorado Kawai CN34 [Re: DBill]
Kawai James Online   content
9000 Post Club Member

Loc: Hamamatsu, Japan
On a separate note, Bill, if you have not done so already, may I recommend that you check the software installed on your CN34 to ensure it's running the latest version (currently v1.06).

To check, press and hold the PIANO1, ELECTRIC PIANO, and HARPSI & MALLETS sound buttons, then turn the instrument on. The software version will be shown in the LCD display. If it's less than v1.06, I would recommend downloading an update from this page.

Kind regards,
James
x

"Richard, none of us could forget you have a CLP-990." - EssBrace, 2014

(ads) Sweetwater / Roland
Yamaha Keyboards for Performance and Composition

Click Here

#2037199 - 02/21/13 08:16 PM Re: Colorado Kawai CN34 [Re: DBill]
gvfarns Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pennsylvania
That piano sure has a great look to it, doesn't it?

#2037203 - 02/21/13 08:20 PM Re: Colorado Kawai CN34 [Re: DBill]
adak Offline

Loc: Canada
Spinet pianos look great (and sound great when transformed into digital pianos).

Edited by adak (02/21/13 08:21 PM)

#2037253 - 02/21/13 10:58 PM Re: Colorado Kawai CN34 [Re: DBill]
pv88 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

@DBill,

Very nice pictures! As you have a beautiful house in which to add your new digital, as I am sure it sounds great in the room you have it in.

My CA95 is in a much smaller space as only 5 to 6 (out of 8) increments in volume is required to get a reasonable sound.

#2037257 - 02/21/13 11:05 PM Re: Colorado Kawai CN34 [Re: pv88]
9000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: pv88
My CA95 is in a much smaller space as only 5 to 6 (out of 8) increments in volume is required to get a reasonable sound.

It's perhaps worth noting that the CA95 speaker system has a potential output of 135W compared to the CN34'w 40W. Of course, the size of the room is significant, but the power of the speaker system is also a factor.

Kind regards,
James
x

#2037266 - 02/21/13 11:33 PM Re: Colorado Kawai CN34 [Re: DBill]
DBill Offline

Loc: Durango, CO
To Kawai James

Thank you for the info. I checked the version number and I’ve only got v. 1.04. I’ll have to get a USB memory stick before I can transfer the update.

To poggler

The view from the decks has been updated since the real estate video. I’ve had several trees cut down to open up the view and reduce the forest fire danger. I can now sit at my desk and just turn around to see the high (12,000+ ft.) peaks similar to the following Google Earth view. (My home is in the foreground.)

Note: There are 4 decks of which 2 are on the north side with a view of the high mountains.

#2037334 - 02/22/13 04:10 AM Re: Colorado Kawai CN34 [Re: DBill]
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: The Netherlands
What an incredible house ! And nice piano pics. Enjoy your CN !

#2053410 - 03/24/13 11:16 AM Re: Colorado Kawai CN34 [Re: DBill]
Justplay Offline

Okay, since this thread was first posted, I have created a video for Piano Warehouse located in Colorado Springs, so that everyone can experience the cool, laid back, cultural environment that Rick (Owner) has created in his store.

If you want an environment that is welcoming, easy going, no pressure to buy, passionate musicians/staff, then come check out Rick's Place!

If you want the stuffy, don't touch my piano, unless you're a customer and don't bother me unless you're buying, then go to a different store, because you won't get any of that here at Rick's place.

Rick is the guy that will welcome you in, sit with you on the front steps just to talk about music and he is so graceful the way he encourages you to find the right instrument for you, even if it's not in his store.

Youtube

I offered to do a video for Rick for his website (pending construction) and this is what I came up with:

Edited by Justplay (03/24/13 06:57 PM)

#2053548 - 03/24/13 03:53 PM Re: Colorado Kawai CN34 [Re: dmd]
rnaple Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014

Loc: Rocky Mountains
Originally Posted By: dmd

You have to admit, it does not look real inviting/professional.

What you talkin' bout?! That's down right top notch!
You ever try to buy a piano in Deadwood? smile HHHhhhhhhuuuuuummmmmm? smile
Or how about Sturgis? Where you can't find the Harley dealer cause everyone has a Harley Davidson sign in the window. Doh!
Durango is the apitamy of Culture compared to here.

Seriously....could have at least checked it out. All I see is low overhead.

Edited by rnaple (03/24/13 04:54 PM)

#2053645 - 03/24/13 07:04 PM Re: Colorado Kawai CN34 [Re: DBill]
Justplay Offline

Okay, the video is back up! Check it out!

Youtube

Edited by Justplay (03/24/13 07:18 PM)

#2053669 - 03/24/13 07:53 PM Re: Colorado Kawai CN34 [Re: DBill]
9000 Post Club Member

Nice video Justplay!

Looks like a very nice store, great environment, friendly staff, and a cool owner.

Thanks for posting!

Cheers,
James
x

#2053807 - 03/25/13 04:55 AM Re: Colorado Kawai CN34 [Re: Kawai James]
spanishbuddha Online   content
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: Kawai James
Nice video Justplay!

Looks like a very nice store, great environment, friendly staff, and a cool owner.

Thanks for posting!

Cheers,
James
x

+1. Doctor Who would be proud!

#2053808 - 03/25/13 05:18 AM Re: Colorado Kawai CN34 [Re: DBill]
9000 Post Club Member

So would Marvin...

(Rick's cool hat)

James
x

#2053909 - 03/25/13 10:14 AM Re: Colorado Kawai CN34 [Re: DBill]
Justplay Offline

Thanks guys! I have shopped many, many piano stores around our country and there's nothing like Rick's place. I have had friends from other countries come shop Ricks' store and for me and others alike, there's nothing like going to his store!

Every time I'm in Colorado Springs, I stop by just to feel the environment, visit with the staff and Rick if he's not out moving a piano. His store is the most welcoming piano store, I have ever been in. As a matter of fact when I had a friend from Australia here, we went to Rick's store, and also visited the two other piano stores in the Denver area.

My friend is a bit eccentric and it was obvious we weren't buying, but Rick chatted with him, made him feel welcomed, but when we visited two of the Denver stores, the sales people didn't even get out of their chairs to greet us and one, very popular sales guy, came up, shook his hand and the moment he knew we weren't buying, actually just walked away in the middle of a conversation as to say, I have no use for you, gave us the cold shoulder and walked back to sit at his desk.

My friend went back to Australia and has nothing good to say about these two stores. How is it that stores cannot understand that reputation is everything? My Australian buddy travels the world and will make it a point to visit the piano stores. His experience in those stores will be passed on to others as he travels. He will always tell people NOT to go into the two visited piano stores in the Denver area, but he will recommend Rick's store because Rick took the time to make him feel welcomed!

Piano stores are wondering why they're going out of business?? Why are they wondering? Just take a look at how they're treating their customers. Reputation, in a small world like this, is EVERYTHING! And it's only a matter of time before it catches up to you!

If I'm made to feel that I have to be in my best dressed, and play the piano like an artist, in order to get respect in your store,I'd rather walk away. If you make me feel welcomed, with no pressure to buy, and you share the same passion for music and pianos, I'll come back time after time, tell the world about your store, send everyone your way, and possibly buy a piano from you, because it's that kind of hospitality that will bring me, and many others, back every time!

Just my opinion!

Edited by Justplay (03/25/13 10:41 AM)

#2053975 - 03/25/13 12:06 PM Re: Colorado Kawai CN34 [Re: DBill]
DBill Offline

Loc: Durango, CO
To Rick and friends:
Looks like I may have missed something. The current store front looks much more inviting in the video vs. the Google street view. It would probably help to add a link to the video on the home page of your website. http://rpianos.com/ (I recognized a brief excerpt from Rachmaninoff’s C# Minor Prelude at 1:05 in the video. It’s one of the pieces I’m working on.) Live and learn.

To Kawai James:
The CN34 is working like a charm. It looks, sounds, and feels like a real piano. If anything, the low notes sound fuller than what I remember from 35 years ago. This is probably normal as I used to play a baby grand, and I use the default full grand on the CN34.

To other senior citizens taking up the piano again: (I’m 74 and starting in again after a 35-year lapse.)
You are going to have short term memory problems. For example:
1) If you look down at where your hands are on the keyboard, you will forget where you were in the sheet music.
2) You will forget what key you are playing in. You will have some “interesting” combinations of sharps and flats that are not in your printed sheet music. (And vice versa.)
3) If you practice a few bars in some piece and then start to practice some other section, it only takes about 5 seconds to forget everything you learned in the first section. In particular, after you practice which finger is supposed to play which key, it only takes a few seconds to forget everything.

The good news:
The short term memory problems described above seem to be “fixable”. The human brain seems to rejuvenate at least some of its short term memory ability if you “encourage” it to do so. It seems to take more time to learn something new, but an hour or two of practicing most days is making a difference.

#2053999 - 03/25/13 12:53 PM Re: Colorado Kawai CN34 [Re: DBill]
Justplay Offline

Thank you Bill for pointing out the impression you got when you first seen the store on Google. It was because of this that I did the video for Rick. He is currently revamping his website to include the video or a video link for reference.

It's never too late, so when you're in the Springs, go by and check out his store!

Thanks again!

#2054422 - 03/26/13 07:07 AM Re: Colorado Kawai CN34 [Re: DBill]
fabius Offline

Loc: London, UK
Lovely video Justplay - really makes me wish I could shop for my piano there. Unfortunately the 4700 miles distance makes it a bit inconvenient for me, so I'll just watch the video again instead smile

#2164799 - 10/11/13 10:16 AM Re: Colorado Kawai CN34 [Re: DBill]
Mar23 Offline

Loc: Colorado
I realize this is long after your post but I live in Colorado Springs and am looking at upgrading my spinet to a baby grand. I've checked out a few places in the area, Denver, Littleton, Englewood and here.
I went into Rick's Piano Warehouse, again a little skeptical because of the outside of the store although this place had been recommended by a few people who bought pianos from this store as well as an independent technician.
We were really impressed when we went in. The staff were all knowledgeable, helpful, not pushy and had a decent area in the back where they were servicing pianos. Prices were quite competitive, and selection was excellent. We especially liked the free delivery, set up and 3 complimentary tunings that come after.
I'm still shopping around but will probably do business at Piano Warehouse. Just came out of the store after being in there for at least two hours trying out pianos with a really good feeling. I don't think I will be ripped off and feel they will sell me a nice piano at a reasonable price with great service.
No I don't work for Rick at Piano Warehouse, just one of the places I've been looking.

#2165003 - 10/11/13 07:02 PM Re: Colorado Kawai CN34 [Re: DBill]
9000 Post Club Member

Mar23, great story - thanks for posting!

James
x

#2165042 - 10/11/13 09:30 PM Re: Colorado Kawai CN34 [Re: DBill]
Mar23 Offline

Loc: Colorado
Actually I have a question on Kawai Pianos. I was back to Rick's today and played some more pianos. I am really liking the Kawai GM10. They have a beautiful new one as well as a 2005. Both are nice. Just deciding which I should get. Any recommendations. I've been told we're not supposed to discuss price. I didn't think the 2005 was significantly cheaper but am torn between the two.
Thanks for any input

#2165072 - 10/11/13 11:15 PM Re: Colorado Kawai CN34 [Re: DBill]
9000 Post Club Member

Mar23, may I recommend that you post your query in the Acoustic Piano section of this forum? I expect you will receive more feedback over there.

Kind regards,
James
x

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Original method for harmonic hearing development
by Nahum
10/21/14 03:19 AM
First Digital Piano - Advice needed
by chicobalay
10/21/14 02:37 AM
How to Regulate a Studio Upright for Greatest Sensitivity?
by Paul678
10/20/14 11:05 PM
How do I tackle my goal.
by imustlearn
10/20/14 10:29 PM
Advice? First digital piano for family--already own a GP
by SCD
10/20/14 07:58 PM
Who's Online
75 registered (Allard, anotherscott, angga888, ando, alfredo capurso, 16 invisible), 1042 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76599 Members
42 Forums
158394 Topics
2325933 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission