2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (Bellyman, brennbaer, busa, Barly, 1957, btcomm, Animisha, 14 invisible), 2,015 guests, and 352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
I am sorry for your loss. Our four-footed friends become a real part of the family and it really is heartbreaking to lose them. It looks like you had a wonderful 15 years and will have lots of great memories to re-live, and to help heal the hurt.

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Really sorry for your loss of a family member frown x

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I'm very sorry for your loss but it's nice to see your celebrating your furry family's life.

Becca
Began: 01-12-11
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Roland RD300NX
W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
Carl
She's beautiful and I can tell how much you loved her and how rich her life was with her family. Don't let others tell you "she was just a dog". Dog family adds a wonderful dimension to life and I'm happy you had her in yours. Blessings to you.

[[Linked Image].
Wise as in learner
Buff as in Colorado Buffalo
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Sorry to hear about Rene's passing. RIP Rene. Dogs are great companions and it was nice to see the photos. I have never had the fortune to have had a canine companion due to housing and allergy issues but I take my friend's dog Milo for a walk sometimes when he's working a long shift and am good friends with Milo. Dogs are one of my favourite animals!
What breed was Rene?

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

Gold member until Dec. 2012
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by EdwardianPiano
Sorry to hear about Rene's passing. RIP Rene. Dogs are great companions and it was nice to see the photos. I have never had the fortune to have had a canine companion due to housing and allergy issues but I take my friend's dog Milo for a walk sometimes when he's working a long shift and am good friends with Milo. Dogs are one of my favourite animals!
What breed was Rene?

Rene was a tri-colored American Cocker Spaniel. My mother was a breeder of these dogs, for about 20 years. I had called my mother to ask- if she would let me know, the next time she was able to breed a tri. I wanted to give one to my wife, who had never owned a dog. Timing was of such, that it turned out to be a Christmas present. The rest is history.

I must say that your friend, is fortunate to have a friend in you. Walking Milo, is a true testament of that friendship!

T
T
Given the unparalleled closeness of the bond between dog and human, the lifespans achieved by our canine friends feel very cruel to me. Like losing a fully-fledged family member 60 years too soon.

My condolences. I'm sure Rene had a happy and fulfilling life.

Working on:
Beethoven - Piano Sonata No. 21 in C major, Op. 53 ("Waldstein")
Chopin - Op. 9 No. 3 in B major
-------------
Steingraeber B-192
Kawai CA97
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

Rene was a tri-colored American Cocker Spaniel. My mother was a breeder of these dogs, for about 20 years. I had called my mother to ask- if she would let me know, the next time she was able to breed a tri. I wanted to give one to my wife, who had never owned a dog. Timing was of such, that it turned out to be a Christmas present. The rest is history.

I thought Rene was a kind of spaniel- she looked different to British spaniels. They are a great breed- so much fun! A Christmas gift of the best one could have- a lovely furry friend.

I must say that your friend, is fortunate to have a friend in you. Walking Milo, is a true testament of that friendship!

Thanks for the kind comment. Milo is a furry ginger coloured dog that looks like he has some sort of collie in him. He has started barking excitedly when he sees me now- so he associates me with walks and biscuits LOL. His human friend goes to a cafe/hang out place I go to and brings Milo sometimes and I always made a fuss of him and I was asked if I'd walk the dog if he was at work on a long shift. Milo has a few fans so he gets walks by a few other friends as well!

F
F
We, dog people, mark our life years by our dogs.
Thanks for sharing..
frank

F

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013
2000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013
2000 Post Club Member
F
I could not bear to read the thread because we lost a couple of dogs during our 20 years of marriage. Dogs are kids to me. I understand your feeling.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I have a sad dog story to share with you.

On the Friday evening of January 19th, a little black terrier came to my door. My friend was just leaving to go home and when she opened the door there was a shivering little dog. At first I thought little dog might have just wandered off from her "owner"- she snuffled round my garden and my friend left for the bus stop. I chopped up some vegetables for a casserole and put on it on to simmer on the stove. About 20 mins later I opened my door to find little dog had returned to my door step. I invited her in- how could I leave her there? It was clear she had been abandoned. She was shy and needed my invitation- she clearly had more manners than the heartless people who had dumped her- she didn't just run in but tentatively walked into my warm sitting room when I patted my leg and said "Come on.." gently to her. She lay on my settee and dozed- she seemed very tired. I could not keep her as my house only has 4 rooms and I am not allowed animals in my tenancy agreement. To add to that I am out a lot ( part time job 4 days a week) and have a dog allergy. I called the dog warden and a very kind dog warden came for her and he was a real animal lover. He said he'd be taking her to kennels and a loving home would be found for her. Little dog had no microchip or contact details on her collar. When he had left with her my sofa looked very empty.Incidentally, it snowed later on that night- I dread to think what would have happened to her had she not come to my door.

Last edited by EdwardianPiano; 02/18/13 07:41 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission