Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2032640 - 02/13/13 07:03 PM OT.... Dog Friendly People Only!
Strings & Wood Offline

Gold member until Dec. 2012

Loc: USA
I had to put my dog down today. I am not here to grieve, instead, to celebrate & share her life. Rene Corbet came into our world like a cyclone 15 years ago. We got her on Christmas morning and she put on quite a show. Running everywhere at once, with the energy only a puppy can have. She was full of attitude and took over our household. She was scandalously pampered, but she gave as well as she took.

Pictures say it best.

Rene Corbet(left) Born Oct 1997. Her unrelated sibling Patti (right).

Loved the snow... living in Colorado, that's a good thing!

A Christmas Baby To The End.

Opening Presents Was Just The Best! I said she was pampered.

Too Much Christmas!

The Sandman Lurks!

Rene Corbet Crossed over the Rainbow Bridge today, Feb 13,2013. Patti & I miss her.

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#2032646 - 02/13/13 07:11 PM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Well, darn. She looks like a corker! Or a dust mop, I'm not sure which laugh Sorry to hear it, but looks like there'll be great memories smile

Cathy

#2032651 - 02/13/13 07:20 PM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: jotur]
malkin Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: *sigh* Salt Lake City
It looks like you had a grand time together!

#2032679 - 02/13/13 07:54 PM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
She's beautiful. smile My favorite pick was the one of y'all in the snow. The dogs looked like they were having a blast. smile

It's always so tremendously sad when you have to say goodbye to a pet. The only consolation that I've been able to find in such situations is to realize that you gave your animal friend a wonderful life. And vice versa. smile

#2032702 - 02/13/13 08:26 PM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Jersey Shore
It is one of life's great injustices that we have to say good bye to our pets...

Remember the good times...

#2032711 - 02/13/13 08:43 PM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
BillM Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maryland
Strings & Wood - I am so sorry for your loss. Great pictures of a fine looking dog. I know this is a tough day for you.
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes

#2032721 - 02/13/13 09:06 PM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
KurtZ Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: The Heart of Screenland
"The only mistake god ever made was the lifespan of dogs." ----Mark Twain

My mother had seven dogs in her adult life. After the third one died (my first of six bassett hounds) she swore, "No more dogs." After each one she would say it again but dogs are like musical instruments they just have a way of finding you.

Kurt

#2032726 - 02/13/13 09:12 PM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
JeanieA Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Reno, Nevada
I feel your pain, our beloved animals just are not given enough time with us. But know she loved you, too.

I recently saw a memorial photo frame I thought was wonderful; uplifting and not sad.

Sending thoughts of comfort to you.

#2032733 - 02/13/13 09:33 PM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Arizona.
I admire your positive outlook Carl and am glad you had a wonderful, fulfilling 15 years with her. You couldn't possibly ask for anything better than for your pets to be loved and to share your life with them to the fullest. It seems you were able to accomplish this so yes, I would celebrate her life too.

#2032745 - 02/13/13 10:05 PM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
ChopinAddict Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Land of the never-ending music
frown I am sorry for your loss, but her memories will live forever.

Music is my best friend.

#2032757 - 02/13/13 10:40 PM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
HalfStep Offline

Loc: Boston, MA
So sorry. I had to put down my English Mastiff some time ago and it was very very tough. What a sweet little face your pup had. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures.

#2032804 - 02/14/13 12:17 AM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
PattyP Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Texas
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy.

A tired dog is a good dog.

#2032830 - 02/14/13 01:42 AM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: PattyP]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
I am so sorry for your loss. It looks like you had a rich 15 years with her! You will have many treasured memories. Losing a pet is so hard.

Working on:
Handel - Allemande in A Minor
Bach - Inv. #14
Beethoven - Sonata #79 2nd mvmt
Kuhlau op. 88 - 3

#2032859 - 02/14/13 04:21 AM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
rnaple Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014

Loc: Rocky Mountains
Congratulations for having had this wonderful childlike person in your life.

A dog lives to create a heart in us that we never had before. When they pass. Our self centered heart dies with them. We are left with a heart where they now live. Having become a part of us. They have fulfilled their mission in life.

#2032879 - 02/14/13 06:48 AM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
sinophilia Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014

Loc: Italy
Awesome dog! I'm sorry for your loss but it looks like she had a long, wonderful life thanks to you!

I had to say goodbye to two of my cats last year, they were just 7 and 11. I don't think I ever felt worse in my entire life, they're just so helpless in our hands.

#2033231 - 02/14/13 06:45 PM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
dagdvm Offline

Loc: Virginia
I am so sorry for your loss. She looks like a beautiful and happy pup. It is always so hard to say goodbye, but if they lived longer we would only get to love one or two in a lifetime. I may be on my last dog now (a 4 year old mini long-haired dachshund named Tilly who is the love of my life) since I am 61, but I hope I can squeeze in at least one more to love before I go.
With much sympathy,
Anne (a.k.a. dagdvm)

#2033353 - 02/14/13 09:36 PM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
Strings & Wood Offline

I appreciate all that stopped to look, and thank you, to each and every one that took the time to comment.

Most, if not all of us, arrive at this forum because we share a common interest. We meet people we other wise, would never know. Within that bond, there lies other interest that we share. It is nice to be able to sift those other interest, when appropriate.

Rene was a wonderful dog, who saw herself as human. Patti, on the other hand, sees us, as dogs. It made made for quite a spectacle, if not conflict, at times.

Here are a couple of the final pictures I took of them this past Christmas. They are much longer in the tooth... but, so am I.

#2033382 - 02/14/13 09:56 PM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
I'm sorry for your loss, Strings, and I hope little Patti is coping well. I am happy that you got to spend a remarkable 15 years together. Isn't it incredible how much joy an animal can bring you?

Take care.

#2033417 - 02/14/13 10:24 PM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
HalfStep Offline

Loc: Boston, MA
I just keep going back to the "sandman lurks" pic. It's epic, really! I love it...

#2033453 - 02/14/13 11:41 PM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cleveland, OH
15 years! What a long, wonderful time you had together!

#2034107 - 02/16/13 04:42 AM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
casinitaly Online   blank

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
I am sorry for your loss. Our four-footed friends become a real part of the family and it really is heartbreaking to lose them. It looks like you had a wonderful 15 years and will have lots of great memories to re-live, and to help heal the hurt.

#2034149 - 02/16/13 08:06 AM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK
Really sorry for your loss of a family member frown x

#2034205 - 02/16/13 10:36 AM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Thunder Bay, On Canada
I'm very sorry for your loss but it's nice to see your celebrating your furry family's life.

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#2034277 - 02/16/13 01:53 PM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
WiseBuff Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Brighton Colorado
Carl
She's beautiful and I can tell how much you loved her and how rich her life was with her family. Don't let others tell you "she was just a dog". Dog family adds a wonderful dimension to life and I'm happy you had her in yours. Blessings to you.

Love to learn

#2034887 - 02/17/13 06:06 PM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Liverpool, England
Sorry to hear about Rene's passing. RIP Rene. Dogs are great companions and it was nice to see the photos. I have never had the fortune to have had a canine companion due to housing and allergy issues but I take my friend's dog Milo for a walk sometimes when he's working a long shift and am good friends with Milo. Dogs are one of my favourite animals!
What breed was Rene?

"He who divines the secret of my music is delivered from the misery that haunts the world."

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#2034910 - 02/17/13 06:32 PM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: EdwardianPiano]
Strings & Wood Offline

Originally Posted By: EdwardianPiano
Sorry to hear about Rene's passing. RIP Rene. Dogs are great companions and it was nice to see the photos. I have never had the fortune to have had a canine companion due to housing and allergy issues but I take my friend's dog Milo for a walk sometimes when he's working a long shift and am good friends with Milo. Dogs are one of my favourite animals!
What breed was Rene?

Rene was a tri-colored American Cocker Spaniel. My mother was a breeder of these dogs, for about 20 years. I had called my mother to ask- if she would let me know, the next time she was able to breed a tri. I wanted to give one to my wife, who had never owned a dog. Timing was of such, that it turned out to be a Christmas present. The rest is history.

I must say that your friend, is fortunate to have a friend in you. Walking Milo, is a true testament of that friendship!

#2034913 - 02/17/13 06:34 PM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
The Hound Offline

Given the unparalleled closeness of the bond between dog and human, the lifespans achieved by our canine friends feel very cruel to me. Like losing a fully-fledged family member 60 years too soon.

My condolences. I'm sure Rene had a happy and fulfilling life.

#2034931 - 02/17/13 07:07 PM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Liverpool, England

Quote:
Rene was a tri-colored American Cocker Spaniel. My mother was a breeder of these dogs, for about 20 years. I had called my mother to ask- if she would let me know, the next time she was able to breed a tri. I wanted to give one to my wife, who had never owned a dog. Timing was of such, that it turned out to be a Christmas present. The rest is history.

I thought Rene was a kind of spaniel- she looked different to British spaniels. They are a great breed- so much fun! A Christmas gift of the best one could have- a lovely furry friend.

Quote:
I must say that your friend, is fortunate to have a friend in you. Walking Milo, is a true testament of that friendship!

Thanks for the kind comment. Milo is a furry ginger coloured dog that looks like he has some sort of collie in him. He has started barking excitedly when he sees me now- so he associates me with walks and biscuits LOL. His human friend goes to a cafe/hang out place I go to and brings Milo sometimes and I always made a fuss of him and I was asked if I'd walk the dog if he was at work on a long shift. Milo has a few fans so he gets walks by a few other friends as well!

"He who divines the secret of my music is delivered from the misery that haunts the world."

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#2035214 - 02/18/13 11:10 AM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
frankeric Offline

Loc: colorado
We, dog people, mark our life years by our dogs.
Thanks for sharing..
frank

#2035230 - 02/18/13 11:36 AM Re: OT.... Dog Friendly People Only! [Re: Strings & Wood]
FarmGirl Online   content

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
I could not bear to read the thread because we lost a couple of dogs during our 20 years of marriage. Dogs are kids to me. I understand your feeling.
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute (9/7/14), Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Rare Time Signatures
by caters
09/30/14 02:59 PM
has anyone tried the Focal alpha 50s or 65s for monitoring?
by dire tonic
09/30/14 11:54 AM
2015 Concerto Competition "Theodor Leschetizky" NY
by Piano World
09/30/14 11:49 AM
Valletta International Piano Competition, Velletta, Malta
by Piano World
09/30/14 11:45 AM
Cleveland International Piano Competition
by Piano World
09/30/14 11:42 AM
Who's Online
161 registered (accordeur, ajames, 36251, 49 invisible), 1730 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76379 Members
42 Forums
157892 Topics
2318886 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission