2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (Adam Reynolds, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, 8 invisible), 1,592 guests, and 250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 21 1 2 19 20 21
T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by Diane...
Originally Posted by theJourney
. . . just like for my grandfather,

Well, . . . lucky for YOU . . . he wasn't gay!

Just sayin' grin

How would you know?

Homosexuals can be racist too you see.

I suppose we will never know if he was also gay.

It was quite common in that day and age for people to be forced to spend their entire lives living a lie...

A
A
In an attempt to bring this thread back to relevance... how about some amazing performances by some illustrious homos:

Pletnev (borrowed from another thread):

Hough being kinda-sorta-gay:

And a classic double homo performance:

Currently working on: Bach Partita 4, English Suite 2, Toccata d-minor, Chopin-op 10/1, Schubert Impromptus
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I was under the impression that Pletnev is a paedophile...

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Not to mention the arch-homo;
http://youtu.be/dioRwB4RvrQ

and one FOR the homos:
http://youtu.be/T_kJFFhN8mo

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
YAY for Greek external organs! grin

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Nikolas
YAY for Greek external organs! grin

I think they tend to be rather on the small side :P

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Well, churches don't pay property tax and they run bingos and all sorts of musical events, jazz, sufi dances, election and polling stations, teen dances in small town where the teenages hid their liquor in parking lot! With the high cost of daycare at $50 per child per day in Canada, every church there seems to be running daycares and ESL courses. I am just saying; I take no issue. Property taxes in western Canada runs 3 to 4 thousand at least per year for a average community sized lot - ie church lot.

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Jail is another instance, were homosexuality, as far as I know thrives.

Situational homosexuality exists eveywhere, jail, military, isolated mining camps, remote religous retreats, I guess anywhere men work and live where women are non-existent.

Last edited by Michael_99; 02/19/13 06:08 PM.
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Gay people have children. In fact, if you were gay in the time that my grandfather was a young man, it was probably quite likely that you would.

Yes, it was common, and still is to marry a women and have guys on the side. I have known Indian parents to tell their gay sons to go to India and get a wife and bring her back.

Isn't that what choice is all about, you choose to marry a wife then at 40 you decide to come out and divorce your wife and partner up with a young man your oldest son's age, you being 40 and the young man is 23. Plenty of example of that. Middleaged women don't take it well trying finding a second husband after having 3 kids and looking for a job after the divorce,

Last edited by Michael_99; 02/19/13 06:05 PM.
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
You can't compare being fat to being gay (no offence).

I weighed 240, pure fat at 58 - got guys to teach me baskeball
and played eventually play 4 times a week. I wasn't good when you start at 58, but I "ran in circles" on the court and now weight 150-160. As an aside, my blood pressure is way down - so weightloss can help.

W
wr Offline
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by Michael_99
Gay people have children. In fact, if you were gay in the time that my grandfather was a young man, it was probably quite likely that you would.

Yes, it was common, and still is to marry a women and have guys on the side. I have known Indian parents to tell their gay sons to go to India and get a wife and bring her back.

Isn't that what choice is all about, you choose to marry a wife then at 40 you decide to come out and divorce your wife and partner up with a young man your oldest son's age, you being 40 and the young man is 23. Plenty of example of that. Middleaged women don't take it well trying finding a second husband after having 3 kids and looking for a job after the divorce,

In the US, around half of all marriages end in divorce - I suspect that not all of them involve guys who have figured out they are gay after being married for a while. In fact, I think it is fairly atypical. And, of course, women can and do initiate divorces for various reasons, too (including figuring out they are lesbian), which can be just as devastating to the husband as a divorce can be to a wife.

Of the divorces that do involve a gay man, I don't see any strong pattern of the guy hooking up with a much younger guys afterwards. I can think of four guys I've known over the years who realized they were gay after being married and having children, and only one seemed to have a particular interest in guys younger the he was (but they weren't nearly as young as his son, BTW). I also used to know one gay guy (who happened to be a fairly well-known concert pianist and teacher) who had a "convenience marriage" with a lesbian. They had a child, and amicably separated after the child was fully grown.

So, no, I don't think your description of it is particularly what choice is all about.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I think I'll close this down now. I think the original topic (whatever it was) has been pretty well exhausted. The character of the current discussion is probably more appropriate for a forum on GLBT social issues.

Meanwhile, there's a new post on Bach that's definitely appropriate for a piano forum. That thread has only 10 replies. This one has 411.

"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed
Page 21 of 21 1 2 19 20 21

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,310
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission