2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
36 members (Animisha, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, admodios, 9 invisible), 1,130 guests, and 323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Radian Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I wanted to provide a little update... I've had my Casio PX 150 for about a week and a half now. Initially I was quite disappointed with the onboard speakers. Thanks to a helpful suggestion from the forum, the sound improved quite a bit after reducing the `Brightness` setting. But it was still lackluster compared to any kind of headphones.

Then I thought well what the heck, let me try my PC speaker setup; a Logitech X530 5.1 combo I bought years ago for under 50 bucks. I just took the front two speakers and the sub, basically making this the Logitech X230 setup. And wow... the sound is SO much better, even with these budget speakers. More mellow, and with actual oomph for the bass strings! The `subwoofer` is only a 5.5" but it actually manages very well. Sounds more like a real piano now smile

Searching the web, it sounds like the Logitech models from a couple years ago were a VERY good buy. Then Logitech realized what they had on their hands, and comparable models are now much more expensive.
So now I'm thinking I might look on eBay for a used Z2300 set. It received really good reviews on this forum, and comes with a serious sub. I wonder how that would compare to a $200 set of monitors.

Overall I'm real happy with the PX150 now, especially with the better speaker setup. The action is really good, I like the simulated ivory & ebony, and construction is very solid (especially with the CS67 stand). There seems to be just the slightest of cabinet vibration on two of the keys, but it's not noticeable 90% of the time. All in all, love this setup smile

Casio PX-150
G
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
G
Wow, all the same speakers I have had. The computer I'm typing on has the X-230's, my wife's has the X-530's, and I currently have the Z2300's attached to my piano. I guess they were all very popular speakers. I used to use these X-230's on my piano back in the day.

What I have noticed with these (and all) speakers for piano use is that where you put them makes a big difference in your impression of them. Both the positioning and the room in which you put them make as much difference as there is between one set of speakers and another.

But yeah, a little slab piano with x-230's. That was me in college. Sweet. One thing I did throughout college that I do regret was using $15 headphones. Headphones are worth spending the big bucks on (like $150 or even $200) in my opinion.

Last edited by gvfarns; 02/19/13 06:46 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,166
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission