Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) End Stage Fright
End Stage Fright
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 128 of 215 < 1 2 ... 126 127 128 129 130 ... 214 215 >
Topic Options
#2036040 - 02/19/13 06:17 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
mabraman Offline

Loc: Valencia, Spain
The upright in my music school has been tuned and adjusted, at last!!
No more sticky keys. It was worth the risk of insisting on it to my teacher, who apparently wasn't awared of the weird sound and action.

(ads P/S)
Petrof Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2036061 - 02/19/13 07:12 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Saranoya Offline

Loc: Brussels, Belgium
It's not officially Wednesday yet (Tuesday, 11:11 PM here). But by the time I finish combing through all of the AOTW's since my last post, I'm pretty sure it will be. Because, wow. This thread is hard to keep up with! Which is great, insofar as it means that the 'mutual appreciation society' is in full swing. Which can only be good for our collective self-esteem, right?

Ganddalf — As was said to me not too long ago: welcome to this community (AOTW) within a community (ABF) within a community (PW). So far, I've had only positive experiences with anyone I've talked to here at PW, but the gang that hangs around this particular thread seems to be especially nice and supportive. I'm sure you'll fit right in. Congrats on the 4 against 3. It's hard! And thanks for the modified Pareto Principle! You've given me the perfect way to explain to myself and my teacher what's going on with the vast majority of the pieces I've been trying to learn lately.

SwissMS — Congratulations on braving two incarnations of the Red Dot (audio and video) for this recital. I think you look very graceful in that video, especially given what you wrote about your recent recovery thanks, in part, to Herr Bach. Nice! Also, seems like you are making very good progress on the Bach Invention, which is great. You must have been practicing a lot!

JimF — A blessing from your teacher on the Moonlight movement 1. Good for you, and truly an achievement! I wasn't there yet, last week, and given how this week went, I doubt that I will be tomorrow. Although, even if by some miracle, I manage a perfect rendition for once, I suspect my teacher will have me play this thing for at least another month (until after the class recital). I'm lucky I like listening to it!

MaryBee — I have to admire you for finding a way to be fascinated by Bach. Though Recital #29 gave me a few solid reasons to change my mind, I've always tended to think of Bach's music as 'pure math' — more science than art. Thanks for reminding me that it can, in fact, be both in equal measures.

Ragdoll — Ah, making progress on the Canon in D. Does that mean that whoever posted that YouTube video (honestly, I forgot who it was!) is responsible for saving your introduction to classical music from crashing head first into a solid wall?

WiseBuff — That Mendelssohn recital is going to be great! Glad to see you're participating in it. And I'll wish you much good luck in advance for your RCM Grade 5 exam!

Sinophilia — Congratulations on finishing Alfred's level 2. As I wrote last week for someone else's benefit, there will soon come a point in your piano journey beyond which progress can no longer be defined and measured nearly that clearly or easily. So while you can, enjoy!

Andy Platt — So great that you're making good progress on the Chopin Nocturne! It's on my list of pieces to learn (just like all the other Chopin Nocturnes), but I figure it's a ways off for me, still.

PaperClip — I can imagine your excitement after realizing that you get 'the big picture' of the music, now! I always have particular fun when discussing these kinds of details with my teacher (for instance: can I play Händel with dynamics, despite his music having been written in the era before the pianoforte, and if so, where and how and why should I apply them). That's where our own contribution to the artistry of musicianship starts to come into play!

FarmGirl — Major kudos for what seems to have been a very enjoyable piano party for all involved! And your dog is very cute indeed!

PattyP — Congratulations on your minor victory! I always get a thrill too, when what was previously just a series of notes and chords suddenly starts to sound like music. Don't let what happened later in the week allow you to forget what a great feeling that is!

Toastie — Crushed at work, but you still managed to practice consistently every day. That is an achievement, indeed. Congratulations.

Sand Tiger — I quite enjoyed your 'meditative music', despite the fact that the non-piano samples on these digital pianos usually turn me off of a piece pretty quickly. Thank you for sharing!

aTallGuyNH — I commented on your recital piece elsewhere, but yeah, I get that 'participation in the recital' is an AOTW for you. It was for me, too! Well, last week anyway, when I submitted my contribution wink.

adultpianist — I suppose you're talking about BWV 846. It's a great little piece, and, should it interest you, many people have proven that it's a great basis to start improvising on!

torquenale — After a while of playing Czerny day in and day out, I can imagine not having to do that for a while does feel like a major achievement! I also think it's great that you've managed to recognize your limitations (or rather, the limitations being put on how much time you can spend on the piano bench) and acted on that.

casinitaly — Great that you got started on the Heller piece! You've been announcing that was coming soon for a while now wink.

mambraman — I'm sure all those other people who have to play the piano at your music school will silently thank you for your perseverance in getting your teacher to have it tuned!

My AOTW:

- Gathered some pretty nice comments on my recital piece, despite it not nearly being long enough for some of them to have been written entirely during the first listen to it. Part of me thinks people were just being nice to the n00b on the block, though. But I enjoyed reading everyone's take!

- Played the piano in a public jam session tonight (hey, it was the only way to keep my MOYD commitment I could think of!). It probably didn't sound like much, and I didn't *really* practice the pieces I should have been practicing, either, but oh well.

Well ... It's 01:09 AM now, so officially Wednesday. I didn't spend the whole time writing this (during most of that time, I was in the subway, on my way home from the aforementioned jam session). High time to post this and go to sleep!

Playable
Bach 846, 926, 930
Beethoven 27/2 mvt. 1
Burgmller 100/3, 4, 7, 12, 15, 19
Chopin 72/1
Clementi 36/1
Grieg 12/1, 7
Tchaikovsky 39/9
Near-future
Finish Burgmller 100
Handel 437/4
Bartok Sz. 56
Rameau Gavotte in a with variations

#2036212 - 02/20/13 02:36 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Online   content

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Hi Saranoya - I'm going to get in quick before the posts pile up smile

In a way you are right about the response to recital submitals - folks are very kind to newbies. That's true (and don't we love those who take the time to be kind!!!!)
On the other hand - and it took me a while to get this --- the simple kindness of taking note of even one aspect of our early submissions gives us a different take and perspective on what we're able to do.

Someone compliments my triplets and I say ..oh? Because I (or you, or the other player) was too focused on the dotted eighth notes that I slipped on.(I'm inventing examples here)
Folks compliment me on the cascade of notes I worked so hard on and (miracle of miracles lol) no one seems to notice the hesitation in the transition that seems to leap out at me every time I listen. Obviously it isn't that obvious!

Other folks will hear our progress when sometimes we get hung up on what we still can't do.

So, yes it is kind - but it isn't false, not a bit.

Good for you for playing in public - I haven't even played in my living room for anyone other than my hubby for over six months!

#2036217 - 02/20/13 03:14 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Saranoya]
sinophilia Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014

Indeed, everybody is super supportive of newbies (and everybody else) here, and encouragement is great, but I think if there was a major problem with one's playing they would provide constructive criticism too. At least I hope so. I for one could use a good scolding now and then!

#2036237 - 02/20/13 06:00 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Exalted Wombat Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: London UK
Sometimes this thread forgets that when EVERYTHING is praised, praise becomes meaningless.

#2036248 - 02/20/13 06:59 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Exalted Wombat]

Originally Posted By: Exalted Wombat
Sometimes this thread forgets that when EVERYTHING is praised, praise becomes meaningless.

No, I don't think anyone forgets that. Nor do I think anyone is doing that.

What seems to have been forgotten or misinterpreted is that the purpose of this thread is to focus on baby steps of progress.

It is a counterbalance to the adult learner's tendency to focus on the negative, to have unrealistic expectations, to get frustrated and to NOT realize that progress - albeit small- IS happening.

There are tons of other threads for critiques and constructive criticism - this one is about encouragment when we feel low and keeping on track, reporting on progress however small, and remembering that it is important to enjoy the journey.

I don't think that is meaningless.

#2036254 - 02/20/13 07:33 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Exalted Wombat Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Perhaps it's just that one particular contributor, with the best possible intentions, dominates the thread with a positive reaction to absolutely EVERYTHING! Even an infant school class quickly learns that praise spread that thinly is worthless!

#2036260 - 02/20/13 07:45 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]

Well, we pretty well ALL have positive reactions to everyone else's updates, and I think we're all mature enough to appreciate that what is offered is sincerely meant, and sometimes you know...good intentions really do count for a lot.

Edited by casinitaly (02/20/13 07:56 AM)

#2036265 - 02/20/13 08:10 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
aTallGuyNH Offline

Originally Posted By: casinitaly

No, I don't think anyone forgets that. Nor do I think anyone is doing that.

What seems to have been forgotten or misinterpreted is that the purpose of this thread is to focus on baby steps of progress.

It is a counterbalance to the adult learner's tendency to focus on the negative, to have unrealistic expectations, to get frustrated and to NOT realize that progress - albeit small- IS happening.

There are tons of other threads for critiques and constructive criticism - this one is about encouragment when we feel low and keeping on track, reporting on progress however small, and remembering that it is important to enjoy the journey.

I don't think that is meaningless.

+1 smile

A great defense of the the thread (not that it should need one).

It's a tricky business in the recitals though to balance encouragement and appreciation with honest constructive criticism. I agree that universally positive comments there without differentiating the truly exceptional entries - which can and should be based on a sliding scale of experience and prior submissions - would make it meaningless. I think there's a good balance there though.

Working on: my aversion to practicing in front of my wife

1978 Vose & Sons spinet "Rufus"
1914 Huntington upright "Mabel"

XXIX-XXXII

#2036268 - 02/20/13 08:15 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Exalted Wombat]
aTallGuyNH Offline

Perhaps it's just that one particular contributor, with the best possible intentions, dominates the thread with a positive reaction to absolutely EVERYTHING! Even an infant school class quickly learns that praise spread that thinly is worthless!

If it makes you feel any better, I think you are a wet blanket. How is that for lack of encouragement. smile

XXIX-XXXII

#2036269 - 02/20/13 08:16 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Saranoya]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Illinois
Quote:
Ragdoll — Ah, making progress on the Canon in D. Does that mean that whoever posted that YouTube video (honestly, I forgot who it was!) is responsible for saving your introduction to classical music from crashing head first into a solid wall?

Hi Saranoya, yes I'd agree that Allard posting that David Ganz vid inspired me to take another run at it without crashing yet. The only remotely "classical" piece I knew (to play at least) was the little Vivace piece. I am finding the Canon gets progressively more difficult the further I get into it but I'm completely commited to it despite how much time/effort it takes smile and I'm sure it will be a long haul to play it to my satisfaction.

Never get directions from someone who hasn't been there.

#2036279 - 02/20/13 08:32 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Exalted Wombat]
aTallGuyNH Offline

Another thought... this is roughly equivalent to posting to the Chopin thread and complaining that they have such a narrow focus on just one composer. smile

XXIX-XXXII

#2036281 - 02/20/13 08:33 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Illinois
Oh my, my lesson yesterday did not go as well as I'd hoped but was helpful anyway. Teacher AGAIN pointed out that I should pay more attention to keeping my wrists elevated. I reviewed what little films I have made of my practice sessions and indeed I do tend to let the heel of my left hand fall below the keys more than I should. RE: my new Q3HD, I finally figured out how to use it best for audio and camera placement. Recording my practice sessions has been the best tool for assessing my posture, hand placement, and bodily tension while playing, as well as listening to/hearing my dynamics, etc without having to play at the same time.

My practice has gone well since the lesson though and most of my pieces I'm working on for Spring recital are well memorized. That gives me more time to work on the Canon and other new pieces and just review the older one every other day or so. I'm satisfied with how I'm progressing.

Never get directions from someone who hasn't been there.

#2036282 - 02/20/13 08:34 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Liverpool, England
Quote:
EdwardianPiano - ok, maybe you won't have it by Friday but it WILL come, and you'll be so pleased. And then, when you pull it out in November to get ready for Christmas, it will be even easier!!

Thanks for the encouragement- seems like it never will! I have to pop out to get a blind for my bathroom and when I come back I will practise til my friend comes over- this should be at least an hour! I tell myself not to feel guilt going out and getting the blind- it is in a sale for £3 and I need one! My Piano keeps looking at me.

Wisebuff- next time you meet the naysayer piano teacher tell her about this 58 year old Brit:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/video/2013/jan/11/alan-rusbridger-chopin-video

Edited by EdwardianPiano (02/20/13 08:37 AM)

"He who divines the secret of my music is delivered from the misery that haunts the world."

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#2036287 - 02/20/13 08:53 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: EdwardianPiano]
malkin Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: *sigh* Salt Lake City
Originally Posted By: EdwardianPiano

Wisebuff- next time you meet the naysayer piano teacher tell her about this 58 year old Brit:

Such a tease! It looks like a good book, but it won't be released in the US until September.

Thanks for the link!

#2036310 - 02/20/13 09:34 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: aTallGuyNH]
Exalted Wombat Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: aTallGuyNH

If it makes you feel any better, I think you are a wet blanket. How is that for lack of encouragement. smile

Yes, I thought I'd stir some of you up with that one! :-)

Just remember that when praise (or anything) becomes routine, it loses all impact.

#2036339 - 02/20/13 10:32 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Exalted Wombat]
FarmGirl Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Originally Posted By: aTallGuyNH

Yes, I thought I'd stir some of you up with that one! :-)

Just remember that when praise (or anything) becomes routine, it loses all impact.

In your opinion, yes. If I may interject here, I think we should trust everyone's best judgement if they should praise, how much they should praise etc. I am one of those who are guilty of praising others because I think it's more beneficial. If someone thinks that I gave too much praise, well, then you know better. Just don't take it. I don't want to get into "what's appropriate vs not" type of discussion here because much of it depends on one's cultural and individual background. I came from a culture where people would answer, "Not so badly" or "Just hanging around" to a question "how are you?". During my early years of US, I used to be shocked when people answer "Fantastic" or "Great" to the same question. People here are generally speaking more encouraging than the people in my home region (Northen Japan). My folks used to say, whenever I make mistakes, "There you go again, that's why you are no good". Imagine hearing that right after you hit a wrong chord in the final measure in a recital when I was a child. My folks comments weren't unusual. I wish my folks said something more encouraging. I might have not quit the piano which I liked. Adults have their own fragile ego's. I would like to try to encourage our friends. Of course, it's only my opinion. If you or others think my comments too much, my apologies. Also let me apologize here for my often inadequate English as well.
Pieces at work - Schubert Sonata D960 2nd mvmnt Andante sostenute, Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1, Haru No Umi-the Sea In Spring (Michio Miyagi) for Flute & Piano (Nov Diversity Fair at work)

#2036375 - 02/20/13 11:48 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: FarmGirl]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
I agree with you, FarmGirl. Praise is good! Adult beginners in piano need all the praise they can get. Most are their own worst critic. I love this thread for its camaraderie and mutual support. For many adults, it is too easy to discouraged by an apparent lack of progress. I think we need to celebrate each and every tiny advance and it is nice to have someone to commiserate with. This thread does that!

#2036392 - 02/20/13 12:20 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: mabraman]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: mabraman
The upright in my music school has been tuned and adjusted, at last!!
No more sticky keys. It was worth the risk of insisting on it to my teacher, who apparently wasn't awared of the weird sound and action.

That's good!

"He who divines the secret of my music is delivered from the misery that haunts the world."

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#2036397 - 02/20/13 12:24 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: malkin]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: malkin

Such a tease! It looks like a good book, but it won't be released in the US until September.

Thanks for the link!

Did you see his video? I loved that- he is very inspiring. I'm thinking of getting the book myself.

Edit- here's his website:

http://alanrusbridger.com/playitagain

If any of you can play the Ballade there's a competition! Record yourself on you tube!

http://alanrusbridger.com/playitagain/competition

I have just done a whole hour on Piano!!! The Handel is coming along. I also went back and played earlier Alfred's pieces- was interesting to me to see which ones still stuck and ones I had forgotten. I also recorded myself on my mobile phone playing the very teeny version of Largo from the book.

Edited by EdwardianPiano (02/20/13 12:39 PM)

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#2036401 - 02/20/13 12:29 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
I would like to try to encourage our friends. Of course, it's only my opinion. If you or others think my comments too much, my apologies. Also let me apologize here for my often inadequate English as well.

Don't apologise for anything FarmGirl! I really like reading your posts and think your positive and friendly comments are great! I didn't know you are Japanese- your English is very very good. thumb

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#2036450 - 02/20/13 01:58 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: EdwardianPiano]
GlassLove Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Michigan
I heart LOVE heart this thread. It is my go to destination for the three P's

3hearts POSITIVE PIANO PRELECTION 3hearts

Thank you Cheryl for starting it 2hearts , and thank you to all of the other regular contributors for keeping it going. 3hearts It has inspired, taught, humored, and comforted me during my musical journey. thumb

#2036453 - 02/20/13 02:02 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
GlassLove Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Michigan
Thanks for that clip, Edwardian. Very interesting. If you haven't read it already, you might like the book Piano Lessons by Noah Adams. It has a similar theme, although the piece he set out to play at the start of his journey (Schumann's Traumerei) was a little less daunting, to say the least.

#2036457 - 02/20/13 02:06 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Whizbang Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: casinitaly

What are you pleased with this week?

I've been laid up in a ski lodge for a week, with a badly twisted knee.

They have a very nice piano, and if I'm not going to be able to work on ski technique at least I can work on piano technique.

So I spend a couple hours in the lounge yesterday trying to keep my repertoire groomed. As I'm closing up the piano, a woman approaches and hands me a $5 "tip".

I may have it framed. :P

#2036458 - 02/20/13 02:07 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Exalted Wombat]
Saranoya Offline

Loc: Brussels, Belgium

I think that when you write 'one particular contributor', we all know who you're thinking of. But look at the stuff I've written here (go ahead ... I haven't been here long, so there's not much of it ... I'll wait). I could just as easily be considered the one who gives 'a positive reaction to absolutely EVERYTHING!'.

That's because I know myself. When it comes to learning to play the piano, I am, without a doubt, my own worst enemy. (As others here have already said, that's true of many, if not most, adult (re)starters. Which is the reason this thread exists.)

When I write something here, I'm really not looking for a 'brutally honest' assessment of what I have (or haven't) accomplished. I'm looking for someone to cheer me on. I'm looking for another pair of eyes, to help them see what I often can't see on my own, which is: despite my eternal feeling of frustration at a perceived lack of progress, where is the bright side in this story?

Forcing myself to write about something that I might rightfully consider an accomplishment, *each and every week*, makes me look at my piano journey from a completely different angle. It reminds me of why I'm doing this, even through the 'bad' patches -- and it helps to have an echo chamber (this thread) where my tentative hunches are reinforced by other people's enthusiastic reactions.

If you are the kind of person who thrives on critiques (constructive or not), the solution is simple: this thread is not intended for you. Read, contribute, snicker behind our backs, or ignore us all you like. But please, don't call our most active contributor's input 'worthless'. It's not.

Playable
Bach 846, 926, 930
Beethoven 27/2 mvt. 1
Burgmller 100/3, 4, 7, 12, 15, 19
Chopin 72/1
Clementi 36/1
Grieg 12/1, 7
Tchaikovsky 39/9
Near-future
Finish Burgmller 100
Handel 437/4
Bartok Sz. 56
Rameau Gavotte in a with variations

#2036460 - 02/20/13 02:09 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Allard Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Click to reveal..

Can I be excited now?

(and poor)

#2036474 - 02/20/13 02:43 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Allard]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
Be very excited, Allard! We want the details!

#2036476 - 02/20/13 02:46 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: EdwardianPiano]
Sam Rose Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Originally Posted By: malkin

Thanks for the link!

Did you see his video? I loved that- he is very inspiring. I'm thinking of getting the book myself.

Edit- here's his website:

http://alanrusbridger.com/playitagain

If any of you can play the Ballade there's a competition! Record yourself on you tube!

http://alanrusbridger.com/playitagain/competition

I have just done a whole hour on Piano!!! The Handel is coming along. I also went back and played earlier Alfred's pieces- was interesting to me to see which ones still stuck and ones I had forgotten. I also recorded myself on my mobile phone playing the very teeny version of Largo from the book.

Thanks so much for that! The video was inspiring, and I think I'm going to push myself and record it in time for that deadline. I'd LOVE a trip to London! laugh

EDIT: It appears you have to live in the UK. Oh well. If I can get it done in time, I'll enter anyway.

Edited by Sam Rose (02/20/13 02:47 PM)
Chopin Ballade no 1 in G minor Op.23
My Piano Diary: http://www.youtube.com/sirsardonic
♪ > $

#2036478 - 02/20/13 02:47 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
torquenale Offline

Allard: you HAVE to be excited! When that wonderful piano will be delivered to your home?

Casinitaly: my Czerny is op. 299 (Scuola della velocità), it's a but too much advanced for me but still... After Christmas holiday we stopped working on exercise n. 3 - arpeggios -(modified by my teacher) and I was asked me to start number 4 for articulation. These are exercises, not really etudes, so less musical. One of my sons is studying on the first Czernyana and I find it more enjoyable.

Saranoya: yes, I feel better without Czerny. Especially because teacher said we will use my Scarlatti piece to work on technique.

#2036482 - 02/20/13 02:53 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Allard Offline

Loc: Netherlands
In my recital video I'm trying a few pianos in the local store. Didn't really find the perfect instrument, so today I went shopping at "Bol Piano's", allegedly Europe's largest dealer. They have 1500 pianos. Took a while to play!

After trying several restored Yamaha uprights that were going for 4k euro (U1 and U3), I wanted to compare with a grand. Tried the 12k baby grand in the picture. It sounded... well, almost as good as the 65k Steinway & Sons I also tried, and much better than the other cheap or used models. It's a Perzina 152cm; an originally German brand, factory now in China, owned by Bol.

They cut 3k off the price and offered to deliver tomorrow. Tomorrow! laugh

Page 128 of 215 < 1 2 ... 126 127 128 129 130 ... 214 215 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
72 registered (angelsong, Akshay, 36251, adanepst, Asmodeus, ando, 22 invisible), 1230 Guests and 43 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74206 Members
42 Forums
153516 Topics
2249689 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Re-stringing an 84yr old Grand.....?
by Grandpianoman
Today at 01:56 AM
Theme identification
by Polyphonist
Today at 01:26 AM
Morning Mist: a ballade for piano
by JoelW
Today at 12:27 AM
Insanity
by Polyphonist
Yesterday at 11:55 PM
Yamaha P140 sluggish keys : how to fix?
by Bambell
Yesterday at 11:52 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission