Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
110 registered (acollins, Auver, aceydawg, accordeur, 35 invisible), 1564 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 49 of 66 < 1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 65 66 >
Topic Options
#2036290 - 02/20/13 08:57 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
You're a glutton for punishment, Euan! laugh (I've still got some Croatian Rhapsody PTSD of my own...)

So far I think this book has a larger number of fairly easy pieces compared to Nightbook. Yay.

I was working on Underwood yesterday, and I noticed that the transcription was missing some of the left hand action that he played in the "Live From Home" concert. I may try to pick it out by ear, as the sheet music is so plain it comes across as a bit repetitive.

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#2036511 - 02/20/13 04:07 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: Euan Morrison]
spanishbuddha Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: Euan Morrison

I think I will start with Experience

Yikes. I have the sheet music book too, Experience is for the experienced I think, or was that the meaning of your smiley face. Based on Monica's comments, and a look in the book, Underwood looks OK for me to get started. LH looks easy smile and it sounds nice.

Edited by spanishbuddha (02/20/13 04:08 PM)

#2036514 - 02/20/13 04:08 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Jersey Shore
Just ordered Time Lapse...

#2036523 - 02/20/13 04:33 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
Allard Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I fully expect to be ordering many books after the concert next month. Can't wait!

#2036560 - 02/20/13 05:40 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: Allard]
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Allard
I fully expect to be ordering many books after the concert next month. Can't wait!

Now if only they would make it spiral bound...:)

#2036573 - 02/20/13 06:09 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: spanishbuddha]
Euan Morrison Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Edinburgh
Originally Posted By: spanishbuddha
Originally Posted By: Euan Morrison

I think I will start with Experience

Yikes. I have the sheet music book too, Experience is for the experienced I think, or was that the meaning of your smiley face. Based on Monica's comments, and a look in the book, Underwood looks OK for me to get started. LH looks easy smile and it sounds nice.

After about an hour of finger-crunching practice on Experience, all I have to say is.....

Time Lapse is a really nice piece of music, I think I might learn that one first wink

#2036612 - 02/20/13 08:04 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: Allard]
Monica K. Offline

Originally Posted By: Allard

Bring your cash with you to the concert and buy them all there, and you'll be able to get them autographed by Ludovico himself. smile

#2036982 - 02/21/13 01:47 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
stumbler Offline

Loc: Toronto
Is there an errata site for Einaudi's sheet music?

I received the Nightbook book on Monday from book depository (thanks CarlosCC). It keeps drawing me from my "assigned" practice---I should focus on one piece in the book rather than stumbling through sight reading too many of them.

I think there are a few errors in the book, not many but at least one that I'm sure of, the 5th bar on the last section in Indaco has a G as the first note in the left hand which doesn't sound right. I think it should be an A. I searched the web, but no quick luck.

Has anyone here noted any problems, or is just my ears?

#2037421 - 02/22/13 09:45 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: stumbler]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Originally Posted By: stumbler
Is there an errata site for Einaudi's sheet music?

I received the Nightbook book on Monday from book depository (thanks CarlosCC). It keeps drawing me from my "assigned" practice---I should focus on one piece in the book rather than stumbling through sight reading too many of them.

I think there are a few errors in the book, not many but at least one that I'm sure of, the 5th bar on the last section in Indaco has a G as the first note in the left hand which doesn't sound right. I think it should be an A. I searched the web, but no quick luck.

Has anyone here noted any problems, or is just my ears?

Hi stumbler,
I have the "Nightbook" book and was looking for the section you were saying and I have difficulty finding that specific mistake.

Let's try this:
1 - Look at this sheet, and try to point where do you think there is a mistake.
Indaco - Sheet music

2 - Or, hear my submission to ABF recital #26 and tell me where (mm:ss) do you think your book has the mistake.
Indaco - CarlosCC ABF Recital #26

I hope I can help you. Indaco is great!

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Self-taught since 12/2009
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.

#2037436 - 02/22/13 10:46 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
stumbler Offline

On the last page (p.25), third stave, fist bar, first note in the bass clef is a "G". To my ear this isn't what I am expecting. That is why I think this might be "A" instead.

On your recording this is around the 5:24 mark, but sounds fine. Are you playing "G" or "A"?

#2037462 - 02/22/13 11:37 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: stumbler]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: stumbler
On the last page (p.25), third stave, fist bar, first note in the bass clef is a "G". To my ear this isn't what I am expecting. That is why I think this might be "A" instead.

On your recording this is around the 5:24 mark, but sounds fine. Are you playing "G" or "A"?

I have just been playing this session and you are absolutely right, it is an "A". I had not noticed!
I played "Indaco" by ear and I only used the book as a guide, which leads me to overlook these errors.

Sometimes it happens, but I always trust my instincts smile

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2037485 - 02/22/13 12:12 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: CarlosCC]
stumbler Offline

Sometimes it is my ears or my expectations. There is a phrase in a Mendelssohn piece I am working on that sounded odd when I first started on the piece, but sounds fine to me now. That's why I put the question to the forum.

So I will ask another question, this time in regards to "In Principio". On the second page, second stave, second bar, in the treble clef, the right hand has an A sharp. My ear wants to play A natural instead. Have you played this piece, and if so, do you play A sharp as in the score?

My final question is in regards to "The Tower" --- which, given its level of difficulty, I don't expect to attempt very often. On the second page, second stave, first bar, in the bass, the score has F C F. Here my ear wants F C sharp F. Have you tried this piece, and if so do you play C natural or C sharp?

#2037537 - 02/22/13 02:15 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I don't know...
"In Principio" is in my "to-do" list, and I never played it. "Tower"? I never read the score.
And I'm sorry, I left home 1 hour ago, and I'm not be back until Sunday, so I can't check the book right now.

So, what I advice you, is to listen and watch carefully other players (in youtube?) and then, make your own decision. Play what you think it's right.
I think this is quite usual, because there are lots of errors in the sheets.

btw: One of the tricks I do is to ask to another person which version "sounds better". My daughter is always right smile

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2037546 - 02/22/13 02:28 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
stumbler Offline

CarlosCC thanks for getting back to me. No problem, this isn't urgent. I was asking in the hope someone else had noticed the same things. I didn't want anyone to go to a lot of effort on this.

I don't think there are a lot of errors, possibly only these three. Overall quite good for 88 pages.

#2037788 - 02/23/13 01:01 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: Monica K.]
MarieJ Offline

Loc: Queensland Australia
This forum has given me so much pleasure - and help - that I felt compelled to register, and then to write in to say thank you. A few years ago, newly retired, I decided that if I was ever going to learn to play the piano, it was time make a start before arthritis closed the doors on that long-held dream. I found a pleasant young teacher and persevered with lessons for a couple of years (suffering La Bamba and Mexican Hat Dance, not to mention Hinkey, Dinkey, “Parley Voo”) until she moved interstate. I was on the verge of losing interest and didn’t look for another teacher.

Then twelve months ago, on a local radio station, I heard I Giorni for the first time, and fell in love.

Einaudi is virtually unheard-of here in Australia, but exploring with my computer, I quickly located the sheet music and my journey began. Nefeli was next, and then I found his The Best Of album which had to be ordered from London. I’m gradually working my way through almost everything in it, adding Nuvole Bianche for good measure.

Several weeks ago I came across this forum and suddenly I was no longer alone. Here were adult beginners, here were people who appreciated Einaudi as much as I do and had logged nearly 50 pages sharing their passion, here were playing tips and links to old and new Einaudi works. Here was the answer to the problem of an album that won’t lay flat and needed pegs.

The beautiful In a Time Lapse was delivered this week, and both of my albums are now spiral bound. I look forward to every minute at the piano, my playing improves steadily (it would need to!) and I’m over the moon. Which is why I just HAD to say ‘thank you’.

Now back to sorting out the fingering for Burning ...

#2037975 - 02/23/13 01:01 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
SwayingTree Offline

Loc: Arkansas, USA
Welcome to the forum, Marie, and I wish you the best in your piano journey. I Giorni is also the song that brought Einaudi into my life, thanks to my wife's discovery. I'm not around the forums much these days thanks to work, and I'm sure some of the more seasoned veterans will also welcome you and answer any questions you might have, but I wanted to say "hi."

http://www.youtube.com/user/SwayingTree65

#2038007 - 02/23/13 02:13 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Welcome MarieJ!

I quite understand what you mean. I heard Einaudi for the first time here in ABF Recital #19 (wonderfull rendition of Nuvole Bianche by AnthonyB) and, as in Australia, Einaudi is not known here in Portugal. So, I was discovering his music surfing on the internet and, most important, sharing information with some of the "veterans" of PW. I learned a lot.

Therefore, I am eternally grateful to this wonderful community. To "repay" this, I can only share a few of my (little) experience with piano. So you can ask whatever you want! If I have something useful to say, I'll respond with pleasure.

There are some members of PW who are very dedicated to the work of Einaudi. I am, with great modesty, one of them and you can hear some excellent interpretations of Einaudi here: ABF Recital index - Einaudi
I'm sure you'll get inspired.

I'm waiting to hear your feedback and progress.
Good Luck!

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2038975 - 02/25/13 11:47 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
Monica K. Offline

Welcome, Marie!! smile

I'm working on "Burning" myself now, and I bet I can guess which measures are giving you fingering conniptions. There's a couple of chords I just can't reach and had to rearrange, and there are many measures where I just have to pedal the low notes into submission while reaching the high notes. I've come to the conclusion that Einaudi has long fingers. grin

#2039180 - 02/25/13 05:27 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: Monica K.]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

For those living in America,

Mr. Einaudi is coming to the Warfield Theater in San Francisco on June 1st. In addition to his timeless repertoire, the audience should expect to hear pieces from his newest album. It promises to be a memorable show.

link: Einaudi in San Francisco

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2041380 - 03/01/13 02:17 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
jaredm2012 Offline

Loc: Alabama
So I've been checking out his stuff on Spotify, and I really like it. How difficult are his pieces? I'm not sure how I would "classify" myself, but probably somewhere around late beginner/early intermediate. I like how pensive his pieces sound, and would love to try playing them! They'd help me break the monotony of some baroque and classical-era music I'm working on that isn't particularly interesting =)

#2041405 - 03/01/13 02:56 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
Monica K. Offline

Jared, the great thing about Einaudi's music is that it ranges from dead easy to unbelievably wicked hard, and there will be pieces that all but the newest beginner can play. The other great thing is that his sheet music collections contain transcriptions that are completely accurate, note for note, so when you play it, it sounds exactly like the solo version. (I say "solo version" because some of his pieces on albums have string accompaniments, and he arranges them a little differently when he is playing solo; it's the latter arrangements that are included in the sheet music collections.)

A large number of Einaudi's pieces fall in the "late beginner/early intermediate" range. Try I due fiumi, Nuvole Bianche, I Giorni, Giorni Dispari, to name just a few. I recommend buying his "Best of..." collection, as that has everything from his early albums, and then starting with Una Mattina get the individual books.

#2041849 - 03/02/13 12:53 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: Monica K.]
GlassLove Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Michigan
I just got my In a Time Lapse sheet music yesterday. These pieces are just beautiful. I decided to work on Orbits first (the dark mysterious side of the piece really appealed to me). I would say that this piece is squarely in the "easy" category. In about 3 hours time, I have managed to make it sound "recognizable," I will put much more work in to it for certain, but it became rewarding to work on VERY quickly, if that makes any sense.

Jared, I have only been playing for three years. Another easy piece from the Best of collection is "Limbo." "Exit" is easy too. These were some of the first Einaudi pieces I played (and I did those at least a year and a half ago).

#2041885 - 03/02/13 02:31 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

My new book is here! I'm going to decide wich piece I'll start to work.

@Jared - Like GlassLove, I'm in the 3 years group. I love Einaudi work, so after less than a year I started to play his music. Some pieces are more easy than others, but each one has some important detail to learn. At the end of "some" time you'll be confortable with any new piece.

My journey was this:

(Dec-2009: My firts contact with piano smile )
Out-2010 - La nascita delle cose segrete (*)
Nov-2010 - I Due Fiumi (*)
Nov-2010 - Doce Droga (*)
Jan-2011 - Tu Sei
Mar-2011 - Come un Fiore
Apr-2011 - Nefeli
Sep-2011 - Monday (*)
Oct-2011 - Password (*)
Dec-2011 - The Snow Prelude nº15
Mar-2012 - Indaco, Royal Albert Hall version (*)
Apr-2012 - In Principio
Jun-2012 - Dietro L'Incanto
Aug-2012 - Julia (*)
Sep-2012 - Canzone Popolare (1500 ca.), original extended cover (*)
Nov-2012 - High Heels

(*)Submited to ABF recital. Check here .

This list is not a guide, but I hope I helped you decide where to get started.
Good luck!

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2041971 - 03/02/13 05:52 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: CarlosCC]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

On "Time Lapse" interview

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zt7OpjxGszE#![/video]

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2041972 - 03/02/13 05:54 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: CarlosCC]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

On "Time Lapse" interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zt7OpjxGszE#!

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2041977 - 03/02/13 06:07 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Just got the new book...can anyone recommend an easy must learn one?

#2042026 - 03/02/13 08:45 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
Monica K. Offline

"Underwood" is super easy, though (as usual) playing it with musicality takes a bit of effort.

"Two Trees" is not much harder and much prettier, imo. It's the "must learn" piece for me. I'm at the polishing stage of it now.

#2042030 - 03/02/13 08:57 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
Monica K. Offline

In a Time Lapse was named the Echoes "CD of the Month." Nice review here:

Echoes Review of "In a Time Lapse"

#2042530 - 03/03/13 07:57 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: Monica K.]
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Monica K.
"Underwood" is super easy, though (as usual) playing it with musicality takes a bit of effort.

"Two Trees" is not much harder and much prettier, imo. It's the "must learn" piece for me. I'm at the polishing stage of it now.

thanks, I'll look at those!

I just played through the 1st page of underwood...you are right, easy to play, but sneaky getting the EL sound right.

#2042807 - 03/04/13 11:26 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
Monica K. Offline

"Corale" is probably even easier, but I'm not crazy about it as a solo... it kinda just meanders.

I'm currently working up three pieces from the book (Two Trees, Underwood, and Burning) and resisting the impulse to spread myself too thin by starting on Life and Discovery at Night).

Page 49 of 66 < 1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 65 66 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Roland PHA3 action, graded?
by stamkorg
11/27/14 02:54 PM
Hello all
by Jytte
11/27/14 02:10 PM
Happy Thanksgiving
by JoelW
11/27/14 01:12 PM
HAS ANYONE EVER PLAYED THIS?
by LuisFelix
11/27/14 12:29 PM
Piano evening at my teachers house
by Peter071
11/27/14 10:04 AM
Forum Stats
77071 Members
42 Forums
159400 Topics
2341531 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission