Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 51 of 65 < 1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 64 65 >
Topic Options
#2049198 - 03/16/13 03:51 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: SeaOwl]
ThePianistWay Offline

Loc: Portugal
Welcome SeaOwl (Bem-vindo :D)

One more portuguese that plays Einaudi. That's awesome. Which pieces have you already learned?

Run - Ludovico Einaudi

"Don’t practice until you get it right. Practice until you can’t get it wrong. "

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#2049818 - 03/17/13 05:36 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Welcome SeaOwl, maybe you can do a short introdcution of yourself in the " OT, Tell us about yourself " thread.

And thanks for the link! That's great!

Btw: Please, do not be offended by the word "uneducated". I know there are many people who know who Einaudi is. I only say that because, back in 2010, were just over 50 people in Olga Cadaval (Sintra, Portugal) to see his concert... the same concert he gave at the Royal Albert Hall which was sold out with 6,000 people attending.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Self-taught since 12/2009
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.

#2050091 - 03/18/13 07:04 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
SeaOwl Offline

Loc: West Coast of Portugal
ThePianistWay I have two books of Einaudi: “Islands” and “In a Time Lapse”. Now I’m working in Brothers.

CarlosCC I understand, and agree with you! We have a great offer (April: Perahia; Andsnes; Kocsis; Bronfman. May: Sokolov. June: Nyman)… but who knows? And sometimes we have a problem of divulgation, look for the FREE presentation of CFX by Rosado (Beethoven op.109, op.110, op.111) only three days before are presented. But back to Einaudi, the 22 march is near to sold out.

“If you ever assume you know all there is to know about something, or even if you accept that you know enough, you have just doomed yourself to mediocrity.”

#2050159 - 03/18/13 10:04 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
ThePianistWay Offline

If Carlos never had told me (Carlos you are my heroe ahahah), I would never know Einaudi would present is newest album in Portugal. In fact, there the divulgation was one of the major problems, well... TVs prefer to announce Justin Bieber's newest concert lol We can't do much more.

But, from what I've seen, there will be a lot of people in the 22nd March concert, which is awesome! I can't believe it is this Friday night!! I'm so anxious.

Run - Ludovico Einaudi

"Don’t practice until you get it right. Practice until you can’t get it wrong. "

#2050714 - 03/19/13 09:29 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: SeaOwl]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: SeaOwl
ThePianistWay I have two books of Einaudi: “Islands” and “In a Time Lapse”. Now I’m working in Brothers.

I've 5 books of Einaudi: "The Best of", "Islands", "Nightbook", "Divenire" and "In a Time Lapse" which covers 85(!) unique pieces to work. I would say I have lots of sources for the next years.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2050716 - 03/19/13 09:32 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: ThePianistWay]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: ThePianistWay
If Carlos never had told me (Carlos you are my heroe ahahah), I would never know Einaudi would present is newest album in Portugal
thumb

I can't believe it is this Friday night!! I'm so anxious.
+1 laugh

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2050773 - 03/19/13 11:35 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: CarlosCC]
Euan Morrison Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Edinburgh
Originally Posted By: CarlosCC
+1 laugh

cool
You will need to all write your reviews of the concert afterwards!

Edited by Euan Morrison (03/19/13 11:36 AM)

#2051060 - 03/19/13 09:12 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: Euan Morrison]
ThePianistWay Offline

Originally Posted By: Euan Morrison
Originally Posted By: CarlosCC
+1 laugh

cool
You will need to all write your reviews of the concert afterwards!

Ahahahah okay, I will try my best, but it's my first Einaudi Concert.

Run - Ludovico Einaudi

#2051306 - 03/20/13 11:28 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
searcherAl Offline

In the past there have been lists of Einaudi pieces in progressive order of difficulty from easiest to hardest(thanks to Monica, Euan, ...).

I have found these lists especially helpful.

How about posting an updated list in progressive order of difficulty including the pieces from Nightbook, Divenire and In a time lapse?

greets
Al

Edited by searcherAl (03/20/13 11:28 AM)

#2051509 - 03/20/13 06:32 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Hi searcherAl, and welcome to PW!

It's not easy... IMO the level of difficulty of a piece depends on what you can do in front of a piano. So, why don't you do a brief presentation of yourself telling your background and experience? That way, I'm sure it will be easier to help you.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2051545 - 03/20/13 07:52 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Welcome, searcherAl! smile

Another caveat to such rankings is that they're fairly idiosyncratic. For example, Le Onde kicked my butt every time I tried to record it, even though technically it shouldn't be that hard at all, and others had much less difficulty with it. But I do remember us being able to arrive at some sort of consensus regarding difficulty, and I think ranking the new pieces could be an interesting project. I've got a deadline tonight so can't tackle it now, but I'll take a look at the new books tomorrow and offer a (highly subjective) opinion.

#2051756 - 03/21/13 06:12 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: Monica K.]
Euan Morrison Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Monica K.

Another caveat to such rankings is that they're fairly idiosyncratic. For example, Le Onde kicked my butt every time I tried to record it, even though technically it shouldn't be that hard at all, and others had much less difficulty with it. But I do remember us being able to arrive at some sort of consensus regarding difficulty, and I think ranking the new pieces could be an interesting project. I've got a deadline tonight so can't tackle it now, but I'll take a look at the new books tomorrow and offer a (highly subjective) opinion.

I would be quite interested to try it as well! How about we work out our rankings independently, and then compare our results without seeing ther others' answers beforehand?

I will just work the last three books for this - Nightbook, Divenire, Time Lapse. Sorry Una Mattina, maybe another time!

Edited by Euan Morrison (03/21/13 06:14 AM)

#2051763 - 03/21/13 06:42 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

This is quite interesting. In my case, every new piece is always "hard", and it becomes easier over time.

But I think in order to get a reliable comparison we will have to indicate how long each one plays piano. Then we can find a scale (1 to 5?) Where 1 is "very easy" and 5 "very difficult."
We can also get some parameters such as: technical difficulties and difficulty in interpretation. Or others.

Something like this:
Name: CarlosCC
Experience: +3 years
Piece: -------
Comment: {what is the major tip to play it correctly? | where is the hard session? | etc}
Technical level: {1|2|3|4|5}
Interpretation level: {1|2|3|4|5}
Overall level: {1|2|3|4|5}

What do you think?

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2051840 - 03/21/13 10:03 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
Euan Morrison Offline
1000 Post Club Member

It's a good idea, Carlos, but I don't really have enough time to go through each piece like that.
I was just going to make a simple list - easiest to difficult (in my opinion of course, so it's only an unofficial list).
Maybe someone else could do a more in-depth analysis of the difficulties / challenges with each piece.

Edited by Euan Morrison (03/21/13 10:04 AM)

#2051860 - 03/21/13 10:47 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: Euan Morrison]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

It's a good idea, Carlos, but I don't really have enough time to go through each piece like that.
I was just going to make a simple list - easiest to difficult (in my opinion of course, so it's only an unofficial list).
Maybe someone else could do a more in-depth analysis of the difficulties / challenges with each piece.

Euan, I wasn't mentioning all the pieces written by Einaudi... grin
I was talking about only the pieces that each one of us can play... I think that's a good way to share our impressions and experiences as performers.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2051869 - 03/21/13 11:13 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Let's try!

Name: CarlosCC (Experience: 3 years)
Piece: Canzone Popolare (Francia 1500ca) - The Best of Ludovico Einaudi book
Comment: This is a very small (only 48 seconds!) and very easy piece; good for true-begginers. This piece is so small, but so engaging, that I was pushed to write an extension of it (ABF recital #28). Be aware to take the right sonority.
Technical level: 1
Interpretation level: 2
Overall level: 1.5

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2051960 - 03/21/13 01:35 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: CarlosCC]
searcherAl Offline

Hi CarlosCC,
concerning my person: I have switched from classical guitar, which I have been playing for more than thirty years, to piano some two years ago.

I'm learning the piano without teacher and only play for my private pleasure. So far this pleasure has taken me from Bach Inventions (1, 2, 8)to Metamorphosis 1, 2, Mad Rush by Ph. Glass to some Soler (R102, R115), to some Scarlatti (K203, K32, K517) and ... Ludovico Einaudi (Nefeli, I due fiumi, fuori dal mondo).
greets
Al

Edited by searcherAl (03/21/13 01:48 PM)

#2051962 - 03/21/13 01:39 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: Monica K.]
searcherAl Offline

Monica,

Thank you for your welcome. Your videos have been a great inspiration for me, in fact I learnt pedalling from watching closely how you do it.
thumb

greets
Al

#2051964 - 03/21/13 01:44 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: Euan Morrison]
searcherAl Offline

That would me most welcome Euan!

It is clear that in every ranking of this kind, there is undeniably quite a proportion of subjectivity but it would be of great help to all those Ludovico aficionados who study his pieces on their own, without the guidance of a teacher.

greets
Al

#2051984 - 03/21/13 02:17 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: searcherAl]
Monica K. Offline

Originally Posted By: searcherAl
Monica,

Thank you for your welcome. Your videos have been a great inspiration for me, in fact I learnt pedalling from watching closely how you do it.

[Everybody in the teacher's forum falls over in a dead faint. laugh ]

#2052000 - 03/21/13 02:39 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
Monica K. Offline

Once again I am a bit crunched for time, so as much as I like Carlos's detailed evaluation of an individual piece, I'm just going to list pieces from the the three books in order of difficulty, with a phrase or two at most commenting on why they were ranked the way they were. And I won't rank them all, only those I worked up or attempted to work up. List goes from easiest to hardest

Corale and Corale Solo -- both arrangements are very easy, but they don't appeal all that much to me.
Dark Bank of Clouds -- this is heresy to say here, but I. Hate. This. Solo. Arrangement. The right hand consists solely of one measure repeated 110 times. After measure 74 I was ready to gouge my eyeballs out. My family was ready after measure 28.
Brothers -- once you get used to the off-beat rhythm, it's a piece of cake
Underwood
Crane Dance
Uno
Sarabande
Burning -- unless you have huge hands, you'll have to pedal your way through much of the piece
Two Trees -- my current favorite
Primavera -- dead easy if played slowly; much harder to play at the proper tempo
Berlin Song -- one of my all time favorites to play.
Reverie -- it's hard to get the echoey feel in the left hand on an acoustic
Divenire -- major hand independence and tempo challenges here
Experience -- just like Divenire, without the slow easy part
Andare -- one look at the triplets and rhythmic challenges, and I didn't even dare try it.
Otramare -- ditto

I'll be curious to see what ranking others come up with. smile

#2052298 - 03/22/13 06:51 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Monica, thanks for your info!

One more:

Piece: Julia - "The Best of Ludovico Einaudi" book
Comment: Get ready to deal with the (endless) arpeggios. It's important to play in the right tempo in order to get the melody, and keep attention to the changes of "speed" inside the sessions. Once you domain this details, it's a pleasure to see your hands flying thru the keyboard. I think this piece is technically challenging, and the final result also depends on the felling you have for this type of pieces.
Technical level: 3.5
Interpretation level: 3
Overall level: 3.5

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2052366 - 03/22/13 09:42 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: searcherAl]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: searcherAl
Hi CarlosCC,
concerning my person: I have switched from classical guitar, which I have been playing for more than thirty years, to piano some two years ago.

I'm learning the piano without teacher and only play for my private pleasure. So far this pleasure has taken me from Bach Inventions (1, 2, 8)to Metamorphosis 1, 2, Mad Rush by Ph. Glass to some Soler (R102, R115), to some Scarlatti (K203, K32, K517) and ... Ludovico Einaudi (Nefeli, I due fiumi, fuori dal mondo).
greets
Al

Thanks Al.
With your experience with guitar, I think you will have no big problems with piano. I'm learning piano without a teacher too, so I know exactly what is to "decode" a piece from the scratch. Nice to know that you can play lots of different styles.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2052370 - 03/22/13 09:52 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
spanishbuddha Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: UK
Dietro Casa very easy to learn the notes and both hands. Quite repetitive with some small subtle changes. OK for a beginner after a few months, BUT, not so easy at all to play with the sensitivity and touch that Einaudi does especially the live version on YT, and that aspect is perhaps beyond a beginner.

In fact I would say a lot of the difficulty, for even the easy pieces (no stretches, triplets, quite slow), is to play with the nuances of touch and expression that are in the originals. At least for me.

Edited by spanishbuddha (03/22/13 09:55 AM)

#2052714 - 03/22/13 08:40 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

My friends, I am speechless ... the concert is fabulous. Einaudi is at its best and is accompanied by excellent musicians. Do not miss it. You must go!

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2052800 - 03/23/13 04:20 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: CarlosCC]
Dulcetta Offline

Loc: U.K.
Glad you enjoyed the evening Carlos.

Ah cannae wait !!

#2052819 - 03/23/13 05:39 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
ThePianistWay Offline

I totally agree with Carlos. I loved it. I'm delighted. It was fascinating.

Although every single moment was fantastic, I have to highlight one in particular. If I'm not mistaken it was when they were playing Run... that "game of lights" behind them was more than amazing. Alway following the flow of the music and culminating in the grand finale. As Carlos said, speechless...

Run - Ludovico Einaudi

#2053683 - 03/24/13 08:19 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: Monica K.]
searcherAl Offline

Once again I am a bit crunched for time, so as much as I like Carlos's detailed evaluation of an individual piece, I'm just going to list pieces from the the three books in order of difficulty, with a phrase or two at most commenting on why they were ranked the way they were. And I won't rank them all, only those I worked up or attempted to work up. List goes from easiest to hardest

Corale and Corale Solo -- both arrangements are very easy, but they don't appeal all that much to me.
Dark Bank of Clouds -- this is heresy to say here, but I. Hate. This. Solo. Arrangement. The right hand consists solely of one measure repeated 110 times. After measure 74 I was ready to gouge my eyeballs out. My family was ready after measure 28.
Brothers -- once you get used to the off-beat rhythm, it's a piece of cake
Underwood
Crane Dance
Uno
Sarabande
Burning -- unless you have huge hands, you'll have to pedal your way through much of the piece
Two Trees -- my current favorite
Primavera -- dead easy if played slowly; much harder to play at the proper tempo
Berlin Song -- one of my all time favorites to play.
Reverie -- it's hard to get the echoey feel in the left hand on an acoustic
Divenire -- major hand independence and tempo challenges here
Experience -- just like Divenire, without the slow easy part
Andare -- one look at the triplets and rhythmic challenges, and I didn't even dare try it.
Otramare -- ditto

I'll be curious to see what ranking others come up with. smile

Monica,

Thanks for your effort. Just to have a point of reference with the list of the older pieces, where would you situate Nefeli and In un altra vita within the new list?

Al

#2053924 - 03/25/13 10:46 AM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: NancyM333]
Monica K. Offline

Nefeli would go between Two Trees and Primavera, and In un altra vita would go between Reverie and Divenire.

#2054040 - 03/25/13 02:08 PM Re: Ludovico Einaudi [Re: Monica K.]
searcherAl Offline

Nefeli would go between Two Trees and Primavera, and In un altra vita would go between Reverie and Divenire.

Thank you for this precision

Page 51 of 65 < 1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 64 65 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Rare Time Signatures
by caters
09/30/14 02:59 PM
has anyone tried the Focal alpha 50s or 65s for monitoring?
by dire tonic
09/30/14 11:54 AM
2015 Concerto Competition "Theodor Leschetizky" NY
by Piano World
09/30/14 11:49 AM
Valletta International Piano Competition, Velletta, Malta
by Piano World
09/30/14 11:45 AM
Cleveland International Piano Competition
by Piano World
09/30/14 11:42 AM
Who's Online
155 registered (accordeur, Alan F, alfredo capurso, 41 invisible), 1617 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76376 Members
42 Forums
157890 Topics
2318847 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission