2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (36251, Doug M., Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, David Boyce, 6 invisible), 1,092 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Mike_Martin
We just added a 10 electric piano demos to our soundcloud page

Wow! All they sound great. If the price is really $999, it would be a must have digital piano thumb I'm having even more GAS now laugh

I have few questions though. There's something I loved on RD-700SX and I miss on MP6. Is it possible to apply two effects on a sound, say tremolo and a delay, for instance? Also, is there a compressor which can be added on top of that, regardless of the two effects?

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
4 insert effects plus master FX (reverb, chorus etc.). So, yes.

"you don't need to have been a rabbit in order to become a veterinarian"

mabraman, 2015
7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
7000 Post Club Member
OK, but is it possible to apply multiple effects over a single sound (zone)? On MP6 it's also possible to apply different effect on different zones, however it's not possible to apply two effects per zone, hence it's not possible to apply both tremolo and delay which I love on a Rhodes. As a workaround it's possible to use the same sound for two zones and apply affects separately but the result is not good since the effects are applied in parallel and not in a chain.

V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
As far as I'm aware, it's possible to have multiple effects on a single sound (chaining the insert FX), but Mike will have to confirm.

mabraman, 2015
The inserts are 1 per zone. There are 4 zones.

There are three system effects Reverb, chorus and delay. So you can have an insert of tremolo and still have access to chorus, delay and reverb.

There are also EQ and Compression as master effects.

So tremolo plus delay and compression is possible.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
7000 Post Club Member
OK, that perfectly works for me. Thank you! smile

J
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
So where does the Amp simulator effect sit ? Is that an insert effect, meaning you can't have amp effect and tremolo simultaneously ? Or is it the effect you named as 'compression' master effect ? That would leave the insert effect slot still free for other algorithms.

Wondered if you can have tremolo , or phaser AND amp effect on an EP sound.

You can do a basic tremolo using an LFO without using an effect. That stereo panning Tremolo is an effect. There is an interesting trick to get an insert such as amp simulator and add stereo tremolo using the Arpeggiator as a panning modulator.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
J
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
...so the amp simulator is an insert effect (taking in the insert effect slot ) ?

+ Good that you can simulate the required effects with other means by the way.

Q: Are there any more sound demo's to find of the naked AP preset(s) ?

Getting more excited about this board. But the only current AP sound I can find is the one with PAD sound and HEX layers attached.

Hopefully this new stage piano won't be too hyped up before its release, else it might disappoint people who had way too high expectations in the first place.

Last edited by adak; 02/23/13 04:34 PM.

Casio Privia PX-150

A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by adak
Hopefully this new stage piano won't be too hyped up before its release, else it might disappoint people who had way too high expectations in the first place.

Yes, and perhaps people are getting a little greedy! People are expecting this $999 Casio to do things that keyboards twice the price can't do either. At this price, I think you have to be willing to compromise on a few things. The only gripe I have about it is the terrible/tiny LCD screen - they could have done better there.

V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
Originally Posted by ando
People are expecting this $999 Casio to do things that keyboards twice the price can't do either... The only gripe I have about it is the terrible/tiny LCD screen - they could have done better there.

Ever seen a Nord, ando? wink

mabraman, 2015
A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by voxpops
Originally Posted by ando
People are expecting this $999 Casio to do things that keyboards twice the price can't do either... The only gripe I have about it is the terrible/tiny LCD screen - they could have done better there.

Ever seen a Nord, ando? wink

haha, yeah. But I gave up on Nord display screens years ago...

M
M
Does anyone know if it will be possible to get higher levels of reverb than on the PX150/350's?

Last edited by Michael H; 02/28/13 11:32 AM.

Solo Piano CD of original pieces, entitled 'Journeys'. You can listen to samples on Spotify and YouTube.
The half damper question was just asked in another thread here on this forum. The short answer is no. The rest of my answer is here. https://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubb...0with%20Privia%20Pro%20.html#Post2029338

The PX-5S has a completely different effects engine than any of the other products. The reverbs have adjustable depth, can get very long and are quite spectacular IMOH.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
M
M
Mike,

Your enthusiasm for the PX5S is quite evident in the NAMM videos. It looks like a real winner! smile

Solo Piano CD of original pieces, entitled 'Journeys'. You can listen to samples on Spotify and YouTube.
Thanks Michael,
To say that I'm excited about the PX-5S is an understatement. The instrument was in many ways in its infancy at NAMM. All of the sounds we used for demos at NAMM were programmed in two days leading up to the show (I didn't get much sleep).

Since then the software has come so far. The team at R&D worked really hard and after getting feedback from professionals at NAMM were were able to make some significant improvements to the PX-5S. Less than two weeks ago we finished programming the factory Stage Settings for the PX-5S and in the week since we've triple checked our work against other instruments and in real-world environments. We recently added a lot of audio to our SoundCloud page below and there will be even more added soon.

I have a fair amount of travel coming up in March along with a much needed vacation the last week of the month but I hope that we'll get some in depth videos on the PX-5S done in the next two weeks.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
I almost placed an order yesterday (although I think GC are telling little porkies saying that they'll have stock by March 11th... ), but held off only because the purchase is not essential for me at this stage.

However I did spend a little time with the PX-350. Although the core piano sound is very similar to previous models (with noticeably improved resonance), the action and sound connection is streets ahead, in my opinion. I think it's a remarkable action for a 25lbs instrument, and beats the equivalent Fatar that's in the Numa and Electro HP. The key surface does feel a little weird, but I know that I would be thankful for that degree of grip during a summer gig.

Putting together the snippets heard from Soundcloud, NAMM and yesterday's PX-350 jaunt, I think the PX-5S will punch way above its weight. However, what makes it more appealing to me is the enthusiasm and dedication that Mike and his team are displaying. In the same way that a meal prepared with devotion can taste so much better than one made perfunctorily, I like to think that this enthusiasm will be evident in the end product, and the vibe it generates.

mabraman, 2015
Sorry Voxpops but no one will have them in March.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
Originally Posted by Mike_Martin
Sorry Voxpops but no one will have them in March.

Yes, that's what I expected. I've come across this before with GC/MF in particular. They will display a fictitious date (presumably to entice you to order) and then consistently put the date back in weekly or bi-weekly increments until actual stock is received. It's a disappointing tactic, and is one of the reasons I prefer to do business elsewhere when it comes to major purchases.

mabraman, 2015
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission