Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) End Stage Fright
End Stage Fright
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 34 of 51 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 50 51 >
Topic Options
#1691452 - 06/06/11 03:29 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Piano Girl RMG Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Germany
Clef, I am DYING here with the cucumber comments. You and I are cut of the same cloth, at least as far as humor goes. Or cucumbers.

So. Frank is over here with the PW European tour. And of course they are in Northern Germany, where the e. coli outbreak is happening as I write this. I am imagining the German tour guide yelling, "NO SALAD!!! ORDER THE BRATWURST!!!" (We won't get into that, either)

Anyway, Frank, if you're reading this, I hope you're having a ball and that you're avoiding the sprouts (the source, at least according to the latest report). Here's a tip: Stick to beer, coffee, and chocolate.

I will be meeting Frank and company tomorrow when we visit the piano atelier at the Westdeutscher Rundfunk (WDR) where my husband works. John has arranged a tour with Hans Giese, the hotshot head technician in charge of the best pianos in Germany. Should be fun! And then on Wednesday, the PW group will head to Schloss Lerbach, where I will present a program for them. Lerbach has very graciously arranged a reception for the group. Do we love Lerbach, or what?

It would have been best if I could have had the group crash a wedding at Lerbach, but alas, this will have to do.

By the way, wedding report from last week: The groom had a TWIN. I spent the first hour of the gig thinking the groom was schizo, because every time I saw him he had a different personality. One time he would be pleasant and charming, the next time he would be scowling and nasty. Finally, I saw them together and I realized I had been dealing with two separate people.

The actual groom was the happy one, you'll be relieved to know.

Looking forward to filing a report about the PW tour group in the next few days. Stay tuned!
RHYTHM: A Novel
RMG is a Steinway Artist

Piano & Music Accessories
#1692467 - 06/08/11 10:36 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Legal Beagle Offline
500 Post Club Member

Any chance of some PICTURES of the tour group at Lerbach? Please?

#1692484 - 06/08/11 11:26 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Originally Posted By: Piano Girl RMG
By the way, wedding report from last week: The groom had a TWIN. I spent the first hour of the gig thinking the groom was schizo, because every time I saw him he had a different personality. One time he would be pleasant and charming, the next time he would be scowling and nasty. Finally, I saw them together and I realized I had been dealing with two separate people.

The actual groom was the happy one, you'll be relieved to know.

The psychologist in me can't help but ponder the strange case of the happy groom and nasty/scowling twin brother. Could it be a tragic love triangle where the brother also hopelessly loves the bride and is in despair over seeing his twin and rival win her affections?

Can't wait to hear how the PW visit to Castle Lerbach went. Wish I could have been there!

#1694603 - 06/12/11 09:24 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Jose, CA
Tomorrow and Yesterday in Wedding History:

June 13, 1525 – Martin Luther marries Katharina von Bora, defying the ban on marriage for priests, though he had already been thrown out of the clergy (and as a communicant) as of 1521. All that very public dissent, and flouting a direct order by the Pope, to quiet down and retract everything. Anyway, the shock value of the wedding was not what it might have been. Still, there it is.

June 11, 1509 – Henry VIII of England marries Catherine of Aragon. No, it didn't work out; no living male issue and anyway... serial monogamy. It suits some but not all. Sperm was not as well-understood back then as it is today, conveniently allowing fathers of girls to blame the mother. Of course, it has been better-studied since those days, and we expect that more exciting discoveries will be made with yet further study.

Also, the sack of Troy on June 11, 1184... just for a little news color. And let's see... "June 13, 1881 – The USS Jeannette is crushed in an Arctic Ocean ice pack." No; colorful maybe, but the wrong color.

Ah, here we are! "June 13, 1955 – Mir Mine, the first diamond mine in the USSR, is discovered by Soviet geologists who are subsequently awarded the Lenin Prize Brides Magazine Story of the Year award." Hmmm... in Siberia; well, you can't have everything. The largest gem was discovered--- mark your calendars and remind your husbands--- on December 23, 1980; it weighed 342.5 carats (68 g--- over two ounces) and was named XXVI съезд КПСС, or "26th Congress CPSU." Well. There are certain things about everyone it's better to overlook, and I think a lot of ladies would let you call a rock that size anything you liked.

#1696658 - 06/16/11 08:55 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

All I meant to say in my last post (not realizing the uproar would crash the server) is that you either have a Y-chromosome, or you don't. Let's leave tetraploids out of this, for the moment. And the only place for one to come from, is the XY daddy, as the ladies have XX and XX only. This was, of course, not known in the time of Henry VIII; an expensive sin of emission for numerous of his wives. Six royal weddings; think of the fuss. For the times, it was very daring, although Liz and Zsa Zsa have lowered the limbo bar quite a bit since (even if we only allowed an inch for each additional marriage over His Majesty's... dare I say it... head count). (I'm sure the wives didn't think it was so funny, of course.)

But, on to happier news: Filene's Basement, well known for its annual sale on wedding gowns (although bridesmaids are still on their own), has become a franchise. Several cities on the East Coast have hosted similar events, and it has finally come to the West Coast. It was just on TV: the big wedding dress sale will be this weekend, at a Grocery Outlet somewhere in the East Bay. The news anchors had a fine chuckle over it, but if they had marriage-age daughters, ninety-nine bucks for a designer wedding gown might not have sounded like such a punch line when the rest of the wedding bills came in.

Look out, Europe--- it's headed your way.

#1700641 - 06/23/11 03:31 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Chris G Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Talking of weddings what would you do if you were in a wedding band and the bride requested that you play a specific song for the first dance? This song is in a genre that is out of the comfort zone for your band and though you may be able to play it you are not so sure that it will come out well. Do you try to play it anyway or do you tell her that there is no way that you will play it?

#1701256 - 06/24/11 02:10 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

June 10, 2009 12:06 PM Let's Talk Weddings
Piano Girl RMG Offline
500 Post Club Member Registered: June 24, 2007

"Hi Everyone,
Here it is. June. Wedding month. I'm up to my eyeballs in brides and Pachelbel. Any of you playing weddings this month? Receptions or ceremonies, it doesn't matter. . . I'm looking for good wedding stories from musicians."

Story of my life: I'm exactly two weeks late remembering the anniversary. It's a good thing I'm not actually married; that would have been expensive.

My excuse is that I read the wrong date on the header--- could have happened to anyone. The good side of this is, I looked up other things which have happened on June 24, and the best I could come up with was "an outbreak of St. Vitus Dance in Aachen, Germany in 1374, which spread throughout Europe and affected thousands of people over several centuries." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_mania

Don't kill the messenger. This clearly qualifies, under the "Receptions" clause.

However, on June 10, all I see of relevance is the founding of Alcoholics Anonymous, in 1935; 629 years too late, according to some. I am not sure whether to place this anniversary in "Honeymoons" or "Hangovers."

Anyway, Happy Anniversary, "Let's Talk Weddings."

PS: To Chris G.: "...what would you do if ... the bride requested that you play a specific song for the first dance? ...though you may be able to play it you are not so sure that it will come out well. Do you try to play it anyway or do you tell her that there is no way that you will play it?"

Well, Chris--- since you made the rookie error of asking what I would do--- the answer is, tell the bride, "Sure," and then play whatever you want.

Since no one else is answering.

There are ways to soften this. Evasion, distraction, tap-dancing, changing the subject, common and fancy prevaricating, remembering the conversation differently than the bride does. I suppose just plain "No" would work, if it comes to that.

If put to it, at least move the number lower in the set order. If you lay an egg with the first song, there could be an egg fight in the liquored-up reception crowd. Later in the evening, their memories will be impaired.

Remember, you never get a second chance to make a bad first impression.

Edited by Jeff Clef (06/24/11 06:28 PM)

#1701681 - 06/25/11 07:47 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Jeff Clef]
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: Jeff Clef
June 10, 2009 12:06 PM Let's Talk Weddings
Piano Girl RMG Offline
500 Post Club Member Registered: June 24, 2007
Posts: Remember, you never get a second chance to make a bad first impression.

happy registering anniversary Robin!

that quote should be enshrined somewhere Jeff... kind of convoluted but strong!

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)

#1702198 - 06/26/11 04:31 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Piano Girl RMG Offline
500 Post Club Member

Hi Everyone!

I haven't been murdered by a a raging bride, I just needed a little computer break. I like to dry out every so often. But here, I am, back in the wedding saddle.

Oh, Clef, one can only hope the grocery store bridal sale comes to Europe. What a thing.

A report on the Swiss bride—she of the schedule that looked like a timetable for incoming flights at Newark airport:

4:00 Bride stands on top of castle terrace stairs
4:00:20 Pastor asks audience to stand
4:01 Frau Goldsby plays River Flows in You
4:01:30 Bride and father descend staircase
4: 04: 40 Frau Goldsby stops playing
4:05:10 Audience sits down

And so on. I have been communicating with this very sweet but micromanaging bride for 14 months now, and have come to the conclusion that the Swiss make the Germans look chaotic.

Anyway, being a firm believer in Clef's advice to just smile, nod, agree to anything, and then just do whatever you want, I swore to her that I would hold to her timetable. She had based the play times on my music on my CDs and it didn't make any sense to tell her that I improvise and never play the song the same way twice—"improvise" is a dirty word for most brides.

Well. The one thing our bride couldn't control was the weather. She had planned for her entire ceremony to be held outdoors, with a very long processional down the stone staircase into the rose garden. Beautiful! But Friday was a weird day. Thunderstorms, periods of bright sunshine, followed by drizzle. My poor colleagues at the castle were going nuts trying to decide whether or not to go to Plan B. The white grand piano rented for the occasion determined the outcome. No way could the hotel risk a downpour with a €20,000 rental instrument on the front lawn.

Plan B involved holding the ceremony in the front parlor. Fine. But this really screwed up The Timetable since the walk from the door to the altar took, no kidding, ten seconds. Our bride really loves "River Flows in You," but no way was I going to play the long version with everyone standing there. I looked over my shoulder at our bride and she was weeping. I don't know if she was moved by the music or upset by the weather—maybe a little of both. I finished after one chorus (and even that seemed like an eternity) and everyone sat down.

Other selections for the ceremony? "Legends of the Fall," our very favorite Pachelbel Canon in D, and a piece of mine called "Magic in the Night."

The Swiss bride, I must say, was stunning. Maybe one of the prettiest dresses I've ever seen. Very simple white chiffon with a tasteful train, low cut back, and a neckline embroidered with Austrian crystals. No veil, just simple upswept hair. I tried not to stand next to her because she was a size zero and made me feel like a blimp.

We had another wedding last week at the castle. An Indian bride. I knew something was up when I walked into the main hall and saw a Hindu shrine with pyramids of candles and incense on an embroidered cloth that was obviously not from the castle linen closet. Many of thefemale guests were in saris, but the bride herself was radiant in a big fluffy puffy Diana kind of dress. She was not a size zero, which I found refreshing.But where did she get that dress? Maybe there was one of those bridal gown grocery store sales in Mumbai? Now there's a great scene for a film. . .

There are more weddings coming up—one, I am told, with a Japanese bride. The host has promised to provide me with an interpreter. Imagine the possibilities. It has been a very busy season, and as the mother of two teenagers getting ready for college, I am grateful for the work!

Chris, I may be too late to answer your question, but it seems to me you have two choices.

1. Muddle through the song and hope for the best. The bride and groom will be too hyped up to notice any mistakes, and all attention will be on them anyway. Believe me, I have done a fair amount of muddling in my wedding career.
2. Easier choice: Run a recording of what they want to hear through your sound system. If it's for the first dance, they will have practiced to this song and will only be happy with this particular version.

WOW! Two whole years of Let's Talk Weddings! I am proud of us! And having just met the PW tour group here in Germany, I can tell you that everyone is reading this thread!

Write on, read on, keep those brides marching down the aisle and into (and out of) our lives.
RMG is a Steinway Artist

#1702848 - 06/27/11 09:01 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
apple* Offline

the wedding saddle.... (hmmmmmm smile

I really enjoy looking at Indian clothes in the ethnic clothing section of ebay.. this morning I looked at Indian dresses.. they can be so beautiful.

I envy your opportunity to see gorgeous gowns Robin.

#1702888 - 06/27/11 10:21 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Ok, how about this for young Chris G.: smile, nod vaguely, and say, "Of course, dear; you'll look wonderful, and everyone is going to have such a great time."

This is not the kind of thing that generates a lot of arguments from brides.

#1703103 - 06/27/11 04:49 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Piano Girl RMG Offline
500 Post Club Member

Clef, that's perfect.
RMG is a Steinway Artist

#1703362 - 06/28/11 01:53 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Chris G Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Fortunately the wedding song situation has been resolved in a way that gets me off the hook. Our guitar player and our vocalist will be performing it as a duet. With the summer vacation schedules there is only one day when we can all get together to practice before this wedding but this way the two of them can work out the song while the rest of the band is out of town.

#1703970 - 06/29/11 12:50 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Piano Girl RMG Offline
500 Post Club Member

It's always a good idea to make the singer and guitarist do the extra work.

Sounds like a fine solution.
RMG is a Steinway Artist

#1704268 - 06/29/11 12:45 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

And Today in Wedding Reception History:

"On June 29, 1613 the Globe Theatre went up in flames during a performance of 'Henry the Eighth.' A theatrical cannon, set off during the performance, misfired, igniting the wooden beams and thatching. According to one of the few surviving documents of the event, no one was hurt except a man whose burning breeches were put out with a bottle of ale." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globe_Theatre

My copy of The Complete Works (Oxford, 2nd ed.) adds, "no one was hurt, 'except one man who was scalded by the fire by adventuring in to save a child which otherwise would have been burnt.'"

Readers may take their pick of the burning britches (and the ale) or the rescue; either way, the house was rebuilt the following year. But, Shakespeare or not, the Puritans closed down The Globe in 1642, replacing it with dreary tenements, and also did away with both burning britches and ale.

In the present century, news reports this morning warn that eager shoppers at the Grocery Outlet wedding dress sale have been menaced by gasoline thieves, snaking shoppers' petrol in the parking lot.

Edited by Jeff Clef (06/29/11 01:00 PM)

#1705479 - 07/01/11 09:40 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
apple* Offline

i wish I could lay on the ground and pound the floor with my feet and fists.. I can't believe i gave away those weddings. Oh well. I am totally ready to get back to work.. wish I could drive.

#1705532 - 07/01/11 11:03 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Piano Girl RMG Offline
500 Post Club Member

Don't worry, Apple, the brides just keep on coming. You might have missed a few, but there will more, that's for sure.
RMG is a Steinway Artist

#1705819 - 07/01/11 06:40 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

"...I can't believe i gave away those weddings. Oh well. I am totally ready to get back to work.. wish I could drive."

Dear Apple, you could stack up a pile of marriage licenses (single thickness per) from here to the Space Station, and having you get well would still be more important. Believe me, these people haven't had a problem with living in sin up until now; they will keep.

Meanwhile: take a taxi. I drove a taxi in San Francisco for a year (worst job I ever had, but that's another story), and I can tell you for a fact that the drivers and dispatchers get to know someone like yourself, and come to prize them greatly as a customer. You will very soon be in a position to pick and choose among the drivers.

"Hello, Bill," you will say, calling the dispatcher by name, "It's Apple."

"Yes, ma'am, Miss Apple," he will say, "I'll have someone there in five minutes."

"Thank you, Bill," you'll say, "But please send me Joe this time, if you can, not Sam."

"Don't say another word," he'll assure you, "I already know all about Sam. Sam is out. If I can't get Joe there right away, I'll send you someone you'll like even better. And thanks so much for calling us again."

Before long, Joe will be waiting outside your door at the proper hour on Sunday morning, without your having to call at all. "The cathedral again, Miss Apple?" he'll say as he opens the taxi door for you.

#1706032 - 07/02/11 04:04 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Piano Girl RMG Offline
500 Post Club Member

Apple, Clef is right. I spent 15 years in NYC without a car. I used a car service and they were reliable, friendly, and got me where I needed to go—and believe me, it was hardly EVER a cathedral. At one point I was spending upwards of 400 $ a month on the car service (a fact that still makes Mr. G cringe), but that was still a lot less than the cost of keeping a car in the city.

Anyway, take Clef's advice (as usual, he's right). When you're ready to go back to work, hook up with a car service or cab company and let them do the driving. In the meantime, focus on your health and stay home and practice! When you go back to work you'll have the world's finest wedding repertoire.

It's International Wedding month at the castle. Coming up for me is a Turkish bride. The groom requested Turkish music for the ceremony but the banquet director talked him into using me, which truly sounds like a recipe for disaster. I will talk to the groom personally next week and give him a chance to back out.

Tonight we will have two weddings going on at once—this is always tricky, because many brides think it's bad luck to see another bride on the big day. Last time this happened at the castle, we had guards at each salon door (with walkie talkies), just to make sure the brides didn't run into each other in the main hall.
RMG is a Steinway Artist

#1706106 - 07/02/11 09:48 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
apple* Offline

I could take a taxi.. I think they hang out at the hotels that are about 3 miles away. People in the burbs here rarely call taxis.. and I do have a driving son who I am willing to pay. The last time I called one for an airport ride it took them 40 minutes to get to my house.. I about had a heart attack.

it's about time.

#1706109 - 07/02/11 09:54 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Jeff Clef]
apple* Offline

Quote:
=Jeff Clef "The cathedral again, Miss Apple?" he'll say as he opens the taxi door for you.

It will be a cold day in heck when I get to do a wedding at the cathedral. I can see playing there. .. I have a special something, if not the credentials.

#1706887 - 07/03/11 10:11 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

"It will be a cold day in h when I get to do a wedding at the cathedral."

Apple--- darling Apple. The pastor himself admitted that the unfortunate incident was all his own fault, and even the happy couple seemed to be understanding about it. It is not every day that a wedding is solemnized, accompanied by "The Service for the Dead," rather than the proper "Wedding Service." Though I understand that certain denominations frown on secular works for the church wedding. (Funerals--- though I try to avoid them--- seem to enjoy a bit more latitude as long as the works are seemly, possibly since they feel it's already too late to reform the guest of honor.

Anyway, I'm sure that you played it beautifully. Frankly, I thought it was one of the better wedding stories we have seen here.

"The cathedral again, Miss Apple?"

"Thank you, Joe. The side entrance this time, please."

"Yes, ma'am. I'll be back for you at the regular time."

#1707166 - 07/04/11 11:52 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Originally Posted By: Piano Girl RMG
Tonight we will have two weddings going on at once—this is always tricky, because many brides think it's bad luck to see another bride on the big day. Last time this happened at the castle, we had guards at each salon door (with walkie talkies), just to make sure the brides didn't run into each other in the main hall.

Hmmm... I don't think it's superstition as much as Bridezilla/Wedding Diva stuff going on. Each bride wants to think that SHE is the queen of the universe on her special day and doesn't want to share the attention/glamor with anybody else. The guards with walkie-talkies are a good idea.

And good luck with trying to make solo contemporary piano sound Turkish, by the way. eek Maybe a compromise with you playing some pieces live and then a recording of his favorite Turkish ballad interspersed would work.

#1707736 - 07/05/11 11:34 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

"...many brides think it's bad luck to see another bride on the big day. Last time this happened at the castle, we had guards at each salon door..."

Why do I have the feeling Robin left out the phrase, "...with orders to shoot to kill..."?

Well. Not even a charge of Brandishing (even that would have been on CNN on such a slack news day), so it must have worked out.

And "Today on the Wrong Side of the International Date Line of Wedding History:"

"The wedding between Albert II, Prince of Monaco, and Charlene Wittstock took place on 1 and 2 July 2011 at the Prince's Palace of Monaco. It has been described as Monaco's "biggest party in 55 years" since the wedding of Albert's father, Rainier III to Grace Kelly.[1] Prince Albert and Her Grace first met in 2000 at a swimming competition in Monaco in which she was participating."

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

I believe any comment would be superfluous... except, perhaps, to wish the happy couple good luck. But, we make our own good luck around here. (The same could be said for bad luck, but that would be superfluous.)

I am sure that Princess Charlene wanted Apple to play the service at the cathedral wedding in Monaco, but did not wish to take the chance of disturbing her recovery. Now that I think back, my close friend Ann had a TIA some years ago. She made a complete recovery and was quite well afterward; it took about a year.

#1707742 - 07/05/11 11:42 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
BDB Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Oakland
Looks like they had The Eagles to play for the wedding. I wonder if it was the same Yamaha I tuned for them.

#1708443 - 07/06/11 12:57 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Piano Girl RMG Offline
500 Post Club Member

Of course Princess Charlene (why doesn't that name work for me?) wanted Apple to play. The problem was, she expected Apple to swim to Monaco. You think brides are bad, try dealing with sharks.

Monica, I've put the Turkish music in the hands of the groom. I told him no way, no how, and he seemed to respect that. So we'll see what he comes up with.

RE: Dueling Brides—"Shoot to kill" hasn't been discussed, but there are several large staircases at the castle that would be good for shoving.

"ACHTUNG!!! Outta the way, Jennifer! Jessica is rounding the corner and her tulle is fluffier than yours."
RMG is a Steinway Artist

#1710494 - 07/09/11 11:39 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
apple* Offline

i can swim, I've been to Monaco but I need to go to Omaha.

hope all is well with everyone. I am on some schedules again. yay.

#1710773 - 07/10/11 02:24 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

"...but there are several large staircases at the castle that would be good for shoving."

You know better than to get me started with this. Anne Rice could do something with it, something with the right atmosphere. Let's just confidentially whisper the word 'wedding planners' among ourselves.

"Oh, be careful, my dear--- these lovely marble stairs are so slippery."

There is a loud scream; the clipboard flies through the air, missing the matron of honor by less than an inch, but striking a tray of filled champagne flutes.

The maitre-d quickly orders double shots of brandy served to everyone in sight. The walkie-talkies crackle with crisp orders to divert traffic, call an ambulance, and send in a mop.

The accompanist shrugs, and begins "Marche a la Turque."

#1711285 - 07/11/11 11:35 AM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
apple* Offline

ha ha

#1711365 - 07/11/11 01:46 PM Re: Let's Talk Weddings [Re: Piano Girl RMG]
Piano Girl RMG Offline
500 Post Club Member

"STOP THE MUSIC!" screams the event planner for bride # 2, who unaware of the fate of bride #1 is making out with the maid of honor in the ladies' room.

"Sure," says Friedhelm the accompanist, who is sick of playing that 'Marche a la Turque' anyway. He heads to the bar and orders a saffron gin on the rocks.

Event planner #2 rushes down the steps to retrieve bride #2 from the ladies room, leaps over the puddles of spilled Ruinart, and pauses on the landing, just for a moment, to kick the unconscious bride #1 out of the way. Bride #1 is upside down and completely covered—except for her skinny legs and satin shoes—in white tulle, seed pearls, and pieces of the squab-on-a-stick cocktails that were "accidently" tossed down the steps by event planner #2.

(Next writer take it from here . . . )
RMG is a Steinway Artist

Page 34 of 51 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 50 51 >

Moderator:  sharpsandflats 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
123 registered (Atrys, accordeur, antony, Arizona Sage, Almaviva, 33 invisible), 1369 Guests and 48 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74206 Members
42 Forums
153514 Topics
2249601 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Morning Mist: a ballade for piano
by JoelW
18 minutes 54 seconds ago
Insanity
by Polyphonist
Yesterday at 11:55 PM
Yamaha P140 sluggish keys : how to fix?
by Bambell
Yesterday at 11:52 PM
Cristina Perri - HUMAN piano cover
by SAO
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
Valentina Lisitsa plays Michael Nyman!!
by ShiroKuro
Yesterday at 10:17 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission