2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
58 members (20/20 Vision, 36251, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 1957, beeboss, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, 9 invisible), 1,447 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2041331 03/01/13 01:29 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Hy everyone.
I want to buy a Feurich 115 upright piano made in China. I saw a similar topic some time ago but have not enough details. What is your opinion about this piano. It s a good deal or not?

S
S
What is the deal? Hailun makes them I think.

PLEYEL P124
A
OP Offline
A
2790 euros.

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Alex,

That's a tough one to answer. The value of the deal would be based on what else is available to you in your market. I have no idea what that might be.

Hailun used to offer a 115 piano that was carried under the Wendl & Lung distributorship in Europe, but that was a different design. This 115 is apparently exclusive to Feurich and based on a Rolf Ibach design.. Feurich is just getting started in the US market and Feurich's Hailun-built pianos are not yet available in most markets here.

You could send a private message to Bose Eric who is the Feurich distribution agent in the US for more info on the design. You could send a private message to Gregor also. He's a piano retailer in Germany who stocked W*L and is now stocking Feurich. He could probably give you an opinion of the asking price. Both are members here. Just look up their names in the user list to send a private message.

Will Johnny Come Marching Home?
The fate of the modern wartime soldier
G
G
If you like the piano: go and get it! The price is really good. A new piano for 2790 Euro? You can´t do anything wrong. The sound is really nice, it looks nice and the touch is more on the heavy side.

Gregor

piano tech - tuner - dealer
Münster, Germany
www.weldert.de
A
OP Offline
A
I`ve heard that, but all sellers of used pianos from romania said about pianos made in china that brakes very fast, and i don t know what to think about that. Sellers say is more better to buy a used piano than a new one made in china. they have a low opinion about products made in china. What do you think?

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by alexfilip00
I`ve heard that, but all sellers of used pianos from romania said about pianos made in china that brakes very fast, and i don t know what to think about that. Sellers say is more better to buy a used piano than a new one made in china. they have a low opinion about products made in china. What do you think?

Sellers of used pianos are in direct competition with sellers of new Chinese pianos. The competition can get pretty intense. It's not uncommon for sellers who specialize in used pianos in the US to say the same thing about pianos from China.

To fight back, those who sell pianos from China will often say that the used pianos available at the same price as their new Chinese ones are probably ready for retirement after being beaten to death at a music school. The only beneficiary of all this garbage is the guy who specializes in selling higher-priced pianos.

Hailun-built pianos have been in Western markets for about eight years now. A lot of members of this forum have bought them, both in Europe and the US. No one has reported that his piano broke. I think that comment is becoming a little ridiculous. I personally have a lot of faith in Eric Johnson (Bose Eric here) who represents Feurich in the US. I'm sure he has no intention of making a quick dollar selling pianos that break. He wouldn't get involved in the new Feurich if he didn't feel that the pianos were solid.

The main thing of course is what Gregor mentioned. You have to like the piano, both how it sounds and how it feels. You also have to have some trust in the person who sells it to you. Be sure that you've established all that before you buy anything.

Will Johnny Come Marching Home?
The fate of the modern wartime soldier
G
G
If you have some attractive offers of used pianos it might be that they are much better than the Feurich. But it depends on the offer. Even a good brand piano might be in poor condition.

I sell both, used pianos and new ones (Feurich and Seiler). A used one *can* be the better deal, but that is not for sure. Often the used pianos have not the look that many customers like, i.e. black high gloss polish with legs.

As to durability: a piano can last more than 100 years. I have an upright in my shop from 1911 which is in original condition (original hammers, strings...). It´s a nice piano with a nice touch and sound. Maybe that a Chinese piano will not last so long. But if you pay only 2800 Euro, how long do you expect it to last? Would you suffer if it collapses in 30 years? in 50 years? Or in 70 years?

BTW, today I saw a Feurich from 1861. Straight strung overdamper on 435 Hz. Even today playable. But defenitely not made in China smile

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Gregor; 03/02/13 11:43 AM.

piano tech - tuner - dealer
Münster, Germany
www.weldert.de
A
OP Offline
A
The most sellers of used piano sell restored piano and i think a new one is better than one restored. Seller gives a 5 year warranty for feurich and i hope in 5 year to buy another one , much better than this. Monday i will go to piano shop and i will try it. If i like i`ll buy it. I think is a good decision. i`ll see that...

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission