2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
23 members (HZPiano, admodios, johnesp, clothearednincompo, crab89, JohnCW, Georg Z., Joseph Fleetwood, 7 invisible), 1,274 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2041872 03/02/13 03:04 PM
S
sieg66 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hello everybody,

I own a CL36 for several monthes and I like it apart some little things. I would be ready to change for CN24 if most of these problems have been adressed.

The first one is the fact that the pedals are not far enough from the sitting point and it result in an uncomfortable position. So, is the problem the same or the pedals are more distant in the CN24 ?

Also, I read the CN24 manual and it seems that it doesn't memorise, just like the CL36, the adjustments you do on the settings, which is something really bad regarding the design of the product. It can memorize the automatic power off delay, so it is incomprehensible why it is not permitted to memorize simple things like your favorite piano, resonance, touch, etc, and have to set everything again every time.

And last question, is the speaker system better ? The CL36 one is not good, the sound is really muffled, and I only play with headphone which give a far far better result (even 40 € one).

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by sieg66
Hello everybody,

I own a CL36 for several monthes and I like it apart some little things. I would be ready to change for CN24 if most of these problems have been adressed.

The first one is the fact that the pedals are not far enough from the sitting point and it result in an uncomfortable position. So, is the problem the same or the pedals are more distant in the CN24 ?

Also, I read the CN24 manual and it seems that it doesn't memorise, just like the CL36, the adjustments you do on the settings, which is something really bad regarding the design of the product. It can memorize the automatic power off delay, so it is incomprehensible why it is not permitted to memorize simple things like your favorite piano, resonance, touch, etc, and have to set everything again every time.

And last question, is the speaker system better ? The CL36 one is not good, the sound is really muffled, and I only play with headphone which give a far far better result (even 40 € one).

Thanks in advance.

For the pedals I would suggest detaching the pedal bar from the stand and move it back a bit more and leaving it there. It won't look as good as an attached unit but at least it will feel better. Or you can see if you can attach a generic pedal set from another company. This might work: http://www.rolandus.com/products/details/1132

Casio Privia PX-150

S
sieg66 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks Adak for the advice, I will give it a look. I already slightly moved the right pedal down by adding a little amount of felt and it is nicer.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Hi sieg66, my apologies for this delayed response.

Originally Posted by siege66

Due to the compact cabinet design of the CL36, the pedals are placed a little further forward than other models such as the CN24.

You are correct, the CN24 does not automatically store user adjustments in memory.

And last question, is the speaker system better ?

The CN24 speaker specifications are 20W x 2, compared with 15W x 2 for the CL36.

May I also point out the following advantages of the CN24 over the CL36:

- RHII keyboard action (3-sensor)
- New tone generator (higher quality reverb, effects, and general output)
- 192 note polyphony
- Key-off Release

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
You can do what I did with pedal board - move it "1 screw" to the back, so it will be connected only with 2 screws to each leg. You get about 3-4 cm, but it still helps.
Buying some cheap 2.1 computer speakers (about 50$) will help with sound quality.

Last edited by jarosujo; 03/04/13 12:32 PM.

Yamaha NP-V80 (sold)
Yamaha DGX640 (sold)
Kawai CL-36
Pianoteq Standard + Intel NUC DC3217BY + Sennheiser HD598 + Fostex PM0.4n + NI Audio 2
S
sieg66 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
thanks for your answers and suggestions which are interesting. I already tried a 2.1 and also some better speakers like my jpw mini monitors, but the result was not great.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission