Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2045010 - 03/08/13 11:06 AM Kawai RX2 prices - UK
sandalholme Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Dorset, UK
I am going to have to sell my RX2 and estimating its value/pricing it is difficult to say the least. I bought it new in October 2005, so it's got a couple of years' warranty left. Genuinely in good condition, tuned regularly (3 -4 times per year), played pretty obsessively and never moved from its delivery position.

Anyone got any thoughts on how much it might be worth to a private buyer or to the trade and good ways to market it?

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

#2045027 - 03/08/13 11:44 AM Re: Kawai RX2 prices - UK [Re: sandalholme]
joe80 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

It depends on how quickly you want to sell it.

A new one can be bought for £17,199. Have it regulated and toned, and anything else that needs done to it, and hope for something betweem £8000 and £12,000. I think those figures might be optimistic in the current economic climate, but RX2 is a good piano, and if the warranty is transferable, then all the better.

There are some websites that are specifically for selling pianos, through a network of tuners etc, so you can try through there. I can't remember off the top of my head.

If you need a quick sale, phone a dealer and ask them if they'll take it. You'll probably get a very low price - around £4500 - £7500 I'm guessing - I come up with that guess based on the retail price, which means the wholesale price must be around 50 to 80 percent of the retail price, depending on retailer.

Good luck

#2045185 - 03/08/13 05:07 PM Re: Kawai RX2 prices - UK [Re: sandalholme]
Chris H. Online   content
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: UK.
A good place to advertise is uk-piano.org, easy to place an ad and upload pics and best of all it's free as far as I know.

Price is difficult as you say. Expensive pianos are not that easy to sell privately and most people looking to buy will want to buy from a dealer for peace of mind. The best thing to do is search as many dealer websites and private ads for similar pianos as possible, it will give you a better idea.

The new price of 17199 quoted above seems to be a discounted price which can be found on a couple of websites. However, a pupil of mine recently bought a brand new K3 upright and got a much better price than any I could find on the Internet so I would bet an RX2 could be had for closer to 16k. My initial thoughts would be around half that for a used instrument through private sale.

At the end of the day it's really up to you. Nothing wrong with asking a bit too much if you're in no hurry as you can always bring it down. Don't be too greedy though as you will waste money on listings with no interest. Make sure you describe it as fully as possible and include as many good photos as allowed. Seriously, there is a K3 on eBay at the moment selling for peanuts and I believe it's down to the shocking lack of info and poor pics in the listing.

eBay is worth a go for exposure. You will get some irritating emails from time wasters but it's easy enough to ignore them. Chances are a serious buyer will see it and contact you to make an appointment to view. Beware scammers though and be very suspicious of anyone who wants to buy without even coming to see it.

#2045790 - 03/10/13 04:58 AM Re: Kawai RX2 prices - UK [Re: sandalholme]
sandalholme Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Dorset, UK
Many thanks for your thoughts and advice. Sounds like £8,000 is the sort of figure I might end up getting.

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Marche Funbre d'une Marionette
by Minnesota Marty
09/21/14 10:09 AM
Tired and groggy
by PhilipInChina
09/21/14 08:26 AM
Digital piano key noise
by bigsmile
09/21/14 03:15 AM
Hans von Bulow's piano
by phantomFive
09/21/14 01:57 AM
Rubinstein teaching style
by phantomFive
09/21/14 01:52 AM
Who's Online
123 registered (255, 36251, aesop, 36 invisible), 1203 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76260 Members
42 Forums
157665 Topics
2315830 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission