Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2045085 - 03/08/13 02:05 PM Pianists are wanted for performing and recording some pieces
Music for piano Offline

Pianists are wanted for performing and recording several neo-romantic and contemporary compositions. Please check the website Music for piano to get complete information.

Dear Friends at Piano World!

Having placed my ad for the second time and having received, for the most part, replies in much the same vein as the replies to the first posting, I have finally realized that we have been talking past each other. On the one hand (my side), it has seemed reasonable that I should not pay money for a product which proved unsatisfactory to me; but on the other hand (the side of any pianist who was willing to perform and record this music), it is reasonable that such a pianist would not want to expend time and energy in learning the music -- to say nothing of professional expertise -- only (potentially) to receive nothing in return.

My mistake, then, seems to have been raising the issue of money in the first place. So let me now, instead, ask any competent pianist (professional or not) who has listened to this music and liked it to request any score to examine and then to learn and play and record the work, not for money but rather ars gratia artis; this approach will eliminate any need for discussions of "contract" as well as the spurious issue of "spam".

Any takers?

Pavel

Ad 800 (Pearl River)
Pearl River World's Best Selling Piano
#2045102 - 03/08/13 02:43 PM Re: Pianists are wanted for performing and recording some pieces [Re: Music for piano]
Polyphonist Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York City
I may be up for this. Send me some PDFs in a private message and I'll take a look.

Polyphonist

#2045103 - 03/08/13 02:46 PM Re: Pianists are wanted for performing and recording some pieces [Re: Music for piano]
Dave Horne Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Vught, The Netherlands
Is there an echo here ... ?

mp3\wav files

AvantGrand N3, CP5

#2045106 - 03/08/13 02:51 PM Re: Pianists are wanted for performing and recording some pieces [Re: Music for piano]
Polyphonist Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Dave Horne
Is there an echo here ... ?

There is. Maybe this poster has a problem remembering what he's posted before...?

No, that's not it because the other thread about the same topic is still on the front page of the forum. wink

Originally Posted By: Music for piano

Having placed my ad for the second time and having received, for the most part, replies in much the same vein as the replies to the first posting, I have finally realized that we have been talking past each other.

Sorry, not a valid reason to post three threads on the same topic in the same forum, within 48 hours of each other.

Polyphonist

#2045128 - 03/08/13 03:27 PM Re: Pianists are wanted for performing and recording some pieces [Re: Music for piano]
Derulux Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia
Hello Pavel,

As I said in the very first thread you opened-- all you have to do is make your scores available, and I am sure people will be willing to play them.

Most pianists, however, will not allow you to sell them commercially without, at the very least, the contract elements that were discussed in the first thread.

I highly recommend loading them up as PDF files, and making the links available. I am sure there might be more than one person interested in giving them a look.

#2045208 - 03/08/13 06:08 PM Re: Pianists are wanted for performing and recording some pieces [Re: Music for piano]
Kreisler Offline

Loc: Iowa City, IA
This seems a much better avenue. Money does complicate matters. And while a free recording is not likely to be as good as a professionally produced recording, it may very well be sufficient for the OP's purposes.
"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed

#2045212 - 03/08/13 06:12 PM Re: Pianists are wanted for performing and recording some pieces [Re: Music for piano]
Kreisler Offline

And FYI, I closed the other thread not because of the OP's request, but because several other people decided to turn it into a circus.

If you want to help the OP with his request, then help.

If you don't, then feel free to visit any of the other 20+ active threads and talk about something useful.
"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com

#2045467 - 03/09/13 10:56 AM Re: Pianists are wanted for performing and recording some pieces [Re: Music for piano]
Steve Chandler Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Urbandale, Iowa
As a composer I can assure Pavel that if you make your compositions available people will try them, some will learn them and some will record them. Will you get a professional level recording that you can sell? Probably not. The experience will lead you to sympathetic musicians and by collaborating with some you may down the line get something marketable. The first step is to find musicians who are interested in and capable of playing your music, the second step is interesting musicians who can play at a professional level. Once found then you can work toward getting a professional recording. You have to prove your music is interesting to musicians before professional level pianists will get interested in you. Good luck.

#2045556 - 03/09/13 04:06 PM Re: Pianists are wanted for performing and recording some pieces [Re: Steve Chandler]
Polyphonist Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Steve Chandler
As a composer I can assure Pavel that if you make your compositions available people will try them, some will learn them and some will record them. Will you get a professional level recording that you can sell? Probably not. The experience will lead you to sympathetic musicians and by collaborating with some you may down the line get something marketable. The first step is to find musicians who are interested in and capable of playing your music, the second step is interesting musicians who can play at a professional level. Once found then you can work toward getting a professional recording. You have to prove your music is interesting to musicians before professional level pianists will get interested in you. Good luck.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I would add that you can't charge a fee until you've proven to people that you write good music.

Polyphonist

#2045864 - 03/10/13 10:49 AM Re: Pianists are wanted for performing and recording some pieces [Re: Polyphonist]
Michael Sayers Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Stockholms lšn, Sverige
Quote:
Couldn't have said it better myself. I would add that you can't charge a fee until you've proven to people that you write good music.

Pavel writes good music.

Mvh,
Michael

#2045869 - 03/10/13 10:59 AM Re: Pianists are wanted for performing and recording some pieces [Re: Michael Sayers]
Kreisler Offline

A sample page from a score might help to ease concerns. From his page, it's difficult to tell if he writes well or not.

Originally Posted By: Michael Sayers
Quote:

Pavel writes good music.

Mvh,
Michael

www.pianoped.com

#2046219 - 03/10/13 10:33 PM Re: Pianists are wanted for performing and recording some pieces [Re: Kreisler]
Polyphonist Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Kreisler
A sample page from a score might help to ease concerns. From his page, it's difficult to tell if he writes well or not.

Originally Posted By: Michael Sayers
Quote:

Pavel writes good music.

Mvh,
Michael

Yes.
Pavel, why don't you publicly post one score or section of a score on this thread? One you think is the best. Technical difficulty is not a consideration. Let us decide for ourselves whether we like the music or not. wink

Polyphonist

#2046228 - 03/10/13 10:42 PM Re: Pianists are wanted for performing and recording some pieces [Re: Music for piano]
ahhsmurf Offline

Loc: Banned
I highly recommend loading them up as PDF files, and making the links available.

#2046341 - 03/11/13 04:29 AM Re: Pianists are wanted for performing and recording some pieces [Re: Music for piano]
Music for piano Offline

Well, ok, here is a link to the score of one of the pieces (No.5) presented on the website Music for piano

Piece No.5

If any of you would decide to play it then please write to me at musicforpiano@yandex.ru

#2046345 - 03/11/13 04:41 AM Re: Pianists are wanted for performing and recording some pieces [Re: Music for piano]
Nikolas Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Europe
Actually, Pavel,

I think the rest are right: Just upload all the scores. Unless you have plans to sell the compositions, or other, in which case you shouldn't. But if you decide that this is all for free and for sharing with the community go ahead...

#2046347 - 03/11/13 04:44 AM Re: Pianists are wanted for performing and recording some pieces [Re: Music for piano]
Polyphonist Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Could you link a score for one of the shorter pieces like 1 or 10 please? I could be interested.
Edit: I agree with the post Nikolas just made. Post all the scores at once unless you're going to be selling them.

Polyphonist

Moderator:  Brendan, Kreisler 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Anton Kuerti and Cyprian Katsaris
by pianoloverus
09/17/14 07:09 PM
Pianists' tessitura
by Riddler
09/17/14 06:54 PM
Fingering for "Wind (Naruto)" excerpt
by longyodel127
09/17/14 05:28 PM
A tune I wrote last night
by Arizona Sage
09/17/14 05:20 PM
Refusing "Every Other" week lesson
by ezpiano.org
09/17/14 05:09 PM
Who's Online
126 registered (255, accordeur, AEMontoya, A Guy, analarana, 37 invisible), 1301 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76233 Members
42 Forums
157590 Topics
2314758 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission