2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (36251, Doug M., Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, David Boyce, 6 invisible), 1,092 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
OP Offline
M
Pianists are wanted for performing and recording several neo-romantic and contemporary compositions. Please check the website Music for piano to get complete information.

Dear Friends at Piano World!

Having placed my ad for the second time and having received, for the most part, replies in much the same vein as the replies to the first posting, I have finally realized that we have been talking past each other. On the one hand (my side), it has seemed reasonable that I should not pay money for a product which proved unsatisfactory to me; but on the other hand (the side of any pianist who was willing to perform and record this music), it is reasonable that such a pianist would not want to expend time and energy in learning the music -- to say nothing of professional expertise -- only (potentially) to receive nothing in return.

My mistake, then, seems to have been raising the issue of money in the first place. So let me now, instead, ask any competent pianist (professional or not) who has listened to this music and liked it to request any score to examine and then to learn and play and record the work, not for money but rather ars gratia artis; this approach will eliminate any need for discussions of "contract" as well as the spurious issue of "spam".

Any takers?

Pavel

P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
I may be up for this. Send me some PDFs in a private message and I'll take a look.

Regards,

Polyphonist
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Is there an echo here ... ?

Yamaha AvantGrand N1X | Roland RD 2000 | Sennheiser HD 598 headphones
P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Dave Horne
Is there an echo here ... ?

There is. Maybe this poster has a problem remembering what he's posted before...?

No, that's not it because the other thread about the same topic is still on the front page of the forum. wink

Originally Posted by Music for piano

Having placed my ad for the second time and having received, for the most part, replies in much the same vein as the replies to the first posting, I have finally realized that we have been talking past each other.

Sorry, not a valid reason to post three threads on the same topic in the same forum, within 48 hours of each other.

Regards,

Polyphonist
D
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Hello Pavel,

As I said in the very first thread you opened-- all you have to do is make your scores available, and I am sure people will be willing to play them.

Most pianists, however, will not allow you to sell them commercially without, at the very least, the contract elements that were discussed in the first thread.

I highly recommend loading them up as PDF files, and making the links available. I am sure there might be more than one person interested in giving them a look.

Every day we are afforded a new chance. The problem with life is not that you run out of chances. In the end, what you run out of are days.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
This seems a much better avenue. Money does complicate matters. And while a free recording is not likely to be as good as a professionally produced recording, it may very well be sufficient for the OP's purposes.

"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed
And FYI, I closed the other thread not because of the OP's request, but because several other people decided to turn it into a circus.

If you want to help the OP with his request, then help.

If you don't, then feel free to visit any of the other 20+ active threads and talk about something useful.

"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
S
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
S
As a composer I can assure Pavel that if you make your compositions available people will try them, some will learn them and some will record them. Will you get a professional level recording that you can sell? Probably not. The experience will lead you to sympathetic musicians and by collaborating with some you may down the line get something marketable. The first step is to find musicians who are interested in and capable of playing your music, the second step is interesting musicians who can play at a professional level. Once found then you can work toward getting a professional recording. You have to prove your music is interesting to musicians before professional level pianists will get interested in you. Good luck.

Steve Chandler
composer/amateur pianist

stevechandler-music.com
http://www.soundcloud.com/pantonality
http://www.youtube.com/pantonality
P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Steve Chandler
As a composer I can assure Pavel that if you make your compositions available people will try them, some will learn them and some will record them. Will you get a professional level recording that you can sell? Probably not. The experience will lead you to sympathetic musicians and by collaborating with some you may down the line get something marketable. The first step is to find musicians who are interested in and capable of playing your music, the second step is interesting musicians who can play at a professional level. Once found then you can work toward getting a professional recording. You have to prove your music is interesting to musicians before professional level pianists will get interested in you. Good luck.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I would add that you can't charge a fee until you've proven to people that you write good music.

Regards,

Polyphonist
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Couldn't have said it better myself. I would add that you can't charge a fee until you've proven to people that you write good music.

Pavel writes good music.

Mvh,
Michael

A sample page from a score might help to ease concerns. From his page, it's difficult to tell if he writes well or not.

Originally Posted by Michael Sayers

Pavel writes good music.

Mvh,
Michael

www.pianoped.com
P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Kreisler
A sample page from a score might help to ease concerns. From his page, it's difficult to tell if he writes well or not.

Originally Posted by Michael Sayers

Pavel writes good music.

Mvh,
Michael

Yes.
Pavel, why don't you publicly post one score or section of a score on this thread? One you think is the best. Technical difficulty is not a consideration. Let us decide for ourselves whether we like the music or not. wink

Regards,

Polyphonist
A
A
I highly recommend loading them up as PDF files, and making the links available.

M
OP Offline
M
Well, ok, here is a link to the score of one of the pieces (No.5) presented on the website Music for piano

Piece No.5

If any of you would decide to play it then please write to me at musicforpiano@yandex.ru

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Actually, Pavel,

I think the rest are right: Just upload all the scores. Unless you have plans to sell the compositions, or other, in which case you shouldn't. But if you decide that this is all for free and for sharing with the community go ahead...

P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
Could you link a score for one of the shorter pieces like 1 or 10 please? I could be interested.
Edit: I agree with the post Nikolas just made. Post all the scores at once unless you're going to be selling them.

Regards,

Polyphonist

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission