Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#2050405 - 03/18/13 06:36 PM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: pianoloverus]
outo Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Finland
Originally Posted By: pianoloverus
Sorry for my confusion. I mistakenly thought you had written part of the post you quoted.

I have seen too often people complaining about other people's motives for buying a piano, that some... especially "rich" people only buy them as furniture, that these people are somehow undeserving of a piano or that it's terrible that they buy them for the wrong reasons while some serious musicians can't afford a nice grand.

But you are not guilty!

No problem...I may be a lot of (bad) things, but I am not generally pre...ous (cannot even spell the word) grin

Ad 800 (Pearl River)
Pearl River World's Best Selling Piano
#2050406 - 03/18/13 06:37 PM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: wr]
pianoloverus Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York City
Originally Posted By: wr
I had a neighbor living in a second-floor apartment who went to enormous expense not only to acquire a grand piano, but to remove a window and its frame so as to slide the thing, which was dangling from a crane that had been hired, through the opening and into the apartment, because the stairwell was too tight to get it in via that more normal route. And after all that, it was never played at all, but just sat there, apparently as some kind of symbol of something.
So what? No one's reason or motive or buying a grand piano is any better or worse than anyone else's reason.

#2050407 - 03/18/13 06:48 PM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: pianoloverus]
theJourney Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Banned
I had a neighbor living in a second-floor apartment who went to enormous expense not only to acquire a grand piano, but to remove a window and its frame so as to slide the thing, which was dangling from a crane that had been hired, through the opening and into the apartment, because the stairwell was too tight to get it in via that more normal route. And after all that, it was never played at all, but just sat there, apparently as some kind of symbol of something.
So what? No one's reason or motive or buying a grand piano is any better or worse than anyone else's reason.

Interesting thought.

So when a person buys a bushel of rice to dump it into a ditch, this is the same as someone buying a bushel of rice and distributing it to the poor and hungry. All purchase motives are equal.

#2050412 - 03/18/13 06:59 PM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: theJourney]

Originally Posted By: theJourney

Interesting thought.

So when a person buys a bushel of rice to dump it into a ditch, this is the same as someone buying a bushel of rice and distributing it to the poor and hungry. All purchase motives are equal.
I was speaking about pianos and not rice. When I said that anyone's reason for buying a piano being just as good as anyone else's, I was thinking of at least reasonable motives.

But I do strongly object to those who complain about someone buying a piano only as furniture or for status or because they think it's nice to have, etc..

#2050420 - 03/18/13 07:15 PM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: pianoloverus]
Damon Online   happy
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: St. Louis area

What if someone purchased a piano to be used in a crime?

#2050426 - 03/18/13 07:26 PM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: Damon]

Originally Posted By: Damon

What if someone purchased a piano to be used in a crime?
As long as it wasn't a tier 1 piano.

Edited by pianoloverus (03/18/13 07:31 PM)

#2050456 - 03/18/13 08:14 PM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: chrisbell]
Cinnamonbear Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Rockford, IL
Originally Posted By: chrisbell
[...] But no way will a heap of bytes put into plastic ever compete with a living breathing amalgamation of metal, bronze, wood, (some plastic) built with love and literally centuries of craftsmanship.

Ja. The way I like to say it is, "I am constantly amazed at the way wood, felt, steel and copper can bring such sound into the air as would plumb the depths of the human soul." Or reach into your chest and pull out your guts and crush them with unbearable sonic density... ...Or put wings on your heart and give you such breathtaking altitude... ...Or, something like that. With hide glue that goes "moo."

Another thing about acoustic pianos is durability and sheer numbers. In my neighborhood alone, you can throw a rock in any direction and hit a piano--mostly spinets and consoles. Still, of the houses on my side of the street, four in a row of five each have a piano, and one of them has three. *ahem* blush

Last week, I worked on a 1903 Schiller upright, a 1925 Conover grand, a 1952 Cable console, and a 1963 Cable spinet, all of them in reasonably good, practical working condition. And what chrisbell said about craftsmanship~~I can say in no uncertain terms that some of these old pianos are built like tanks and sound like angel choirs. They don't make 'em like they used to.

That said, I wonder if the question could be re-framed, "Will there ever be enough pianists to play all the pianos on the earth?"

--Andy

#2050482 - 03/18/13 08:52 PM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: Cinnamonbear]
bennevis Online   content
5000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Cinnamonbear

Ja. The way I like to say it is, "I am constantly amazed at the way wood, felt, steel and copper can bring such sound into the air as would plumb the depths of the human soul." Or reach into your chest and pull out your guts and crush them with unbearable sonic density... ...Or put wings on your heart and give you such breathtaking altitude... ...Or, something like that. With hide glue that goes "

I can honestly say that I never felt anything much for the console-sized vertical on which I spent the first four years learning the piano. It had (and still has, last time I checked) a shrill, tinny, shallow tone which hardly varied from p (pp wasn't possible) to ff (when it was unbearably strident), and its action was far too shallow, unresponsive and light, which made playing the pianos during the ABRSM grade exams very difficult to adapt to. Fortunately, I then went off to boarding school where the practice rooms had far superior uprights, where I made up for lost time....

My digital is a superior instrument in every way (in key action, tone, dynamic range, responsiveness to touch etc) to that vertical - which resides still in my parents' home, now unloved and unplayed by anyone...... grin

#2050489 - 03/18/13 09:05 PM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: pianoloverus]
Old Man Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
No one's reason or motive or buying a grand piano is any better or worse than anyone else's reason.

Spoken like a true market capitalist, and I agree 100%. Why anyone buys anything may be a mystery to me, but it's none of my damned business. And I would think that piano purchases, whatever the motivation, that benefit manufacturers would be welcomed by those of you who truly are capable of producing beautiful music. Whether those who can afford it view a 9-foot Steinway as a piece of furniture, a planter, or a urinal means nothing to me. Just keep writing those checks. laugh

#2050491 - 03/18/13 09:10 PM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: Old Man]
Mark_C Offline

Loc: New York
Originally Posted By: Old Man
....Whether those who can afford it view a 9-foot Steinway as a.... urinal means nothing to me..... laugh

Old Man, you're pulling our, uh, leg. ha

#2050492 - 03/18/13 09:11 PM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: bennevis]
Cinnamonbear Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: bennevis

Ja. The way I like to say it is, "I am constantly amazed at the way wood, felt, steel and copper can bring such sound into the air as would plumb the depths of the human soul." Or reach into your chest and pull out your guts and crush them with unbearable sonic density... ...Or put wings on your heart and give you such breathtaking altitude... ...Or, something like that. With hide glue that goes "

I can honestly say that I never felt anything much for the console-sized vertical on which I spent the first four years learning the piano. It had (and still has, last time I checked) a shrill, tinny, shallow tone which hardly varied from p (pp wasn't possible) to ff (when it was unbearably strident), and its action was far too shallow, unresponsive and light, which made playing the pianos during the ABRSM grade exams very difficult to adapt to. Fortunately, I then went off to boarding school where the practice rooms had far superior uprights, where I made up for lost time....

My digital is a superior instrument in every way (in key action, tone, dynamic range, responsiveness to touch etc) to that vertical - which resides still in my parents' home, now unloved and unplayed by anyone...... grin

I'll take it!!! grin

#2050504 - 03/18/13 09:28 PM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: Cinnamonbear]
5000 Post Club Member

I'll take it!!! grin

You'll change your mind within a minute of playing it, I guarantee you.

It still looks pristine, with nary a scratch, but many of the keys no longer sound, a few are stuck or very sticky, and all that's apart from the fact it's not been tuned and regulated for decades since I left home for greener pastures...

I remember that even when brand new, it was prone to sticking keys - quite randomly (probably because of its overly light action and sluggish key return): I actually had to manually lift the odd key back up in the middle of practising. It didn't improve in this regard after the technician's visits; it just sounded more in tune, that was all. Not knowing any better, I used to think that all pianos were like that...... cry

But I'm sure it looks good as furniture, and its top is low enough to be used as a mantelpiece for garden gnomes who prefer to be indoors wink .

#2050523 - 03/18/13 10:23 PM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: bennevis]
Cinnamonbear Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I'll take it!!! grin

You'll change your mind within a minute of playing it, I guarantee you.

It still looks pristine, with nary a scratch, but many of the keys no longer sound, a few are stuck or very sticky, and all that's apart from the fact it's not been tuned and regulated for decades since I left home for greener pastures...

I remember that even when brand new, it was prone to sticking keys - quite randomly (probably because of its overly light action and sluggish key return): I actually had to manually lift the odd key back up in the middle of practising. It didn't improve in this regard after the technician's visits; it just sounded more in tune, that was all. Not knowing any better, I used to think that all pianos were like that...... cry

But I'm sure it looks good as furniture, and its top is low enough to be used as a mantelpiece for garden gnomes who prefer to be indoors wink .

Ah, bennivis... My first reply to your initial message was that you had a lazy tech. Then, I edited that out to say, "I'll take it!" Now, I edit "lazy tech" back in. (Sorry bennevis's tech, if you're reading this.) O, what the simple key spacing tool might have done with a little twist to the front key pin... Or a little mashing of the bushing felt. Or, a little nudge of the balance rail pin with a well-placed screwdriver. Or a little sandpaper to the capstan end of the key if needed... And a quick regulating pass... Even short consoles can be opened up to hum and sing with the right tuning. I believe that a tech who knows the temperaments can fit a temperament and a stretch to each individual piano, no matter how humble, like a well tailored suit.

In any case, I commend you for your perseverance. I also believe that each pianist has a piano that fits. Personally, I prefer a light action for all that Handel and Bach and Clementi I like to play. No ff needed, either. For someone who plays the rhapsodies, though, a big, solid piano is definitely in order.

Go ahead and ship your childhood piano to me, and I'll fix it up and find it a good home. grin

#2050528 - 03/18/13 10:33 PM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: bennevis]
ChopinAddict Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Land of the never-ending music
Andy has already brought back to life many pianos. He can do it! smile
Click to reveal..
And then he can send it to me. laugh

Music is my best friend.

#2050534 - 03/18/13 10:47 PM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: ChopinAddict]
Cinnamonbear Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: ChopinAddict
Click to reveal..

Thanks for the vote of confidence, CA! And, since shipping costs are not a factor in this discussion, I would gladly send it to you and charge it to bennevis! laugh

#2050600 - 03/19/13 01:55 AM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: Old Man]
theJourney Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Banned
No one's reason or motive or buying a grand piano is any better or worse than anyone else's reason.

Spoken like a true market capitalist, and I agree 100%. ... Just keep writing those checks. laugh

That was how it came across to me too: an implicit statement that there are no values in life other than the value of the almighty dollar.

#2050649 - 03/19/13 06:06 AM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: Cinnamonbear]
5000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: ChopinAddict
Click to reveal..

Thanks for the vote of confidence, CA! And, since shipping costs are not a factor in this discussion, I would gladly send it to you and charge it to bennevis! laugh

I'm sure my mom won't mind the gnomes being evicted from their residence on the top of the piano (and the gnomes themselves won't mind, being inanimate objects, despite all appearances to the contrary), so that the latter can be shipped off to you. But I fear it wouldn't survive the journey across the pond......not to mention the cost of shipping is more than what the piano's worth grin.

#2050655 - 03/19/13 06:32 AM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: theJourney]
wr Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Spoken like a true market capitalist, and I agree 100%. ... Just keep writing those checks. laugh

That was how it came across to me too: an implicit statement that there are no values in life other than the value of the almighty dollar.

I guess I should appreciate the reminder of why I have a person with such an attitude on my ignore list, although I'd just as soon not have read the remark at all. Old Man appears to be heading in the direction of joining him and the rest who are on that list.

To me, it's a shame to waste an instrument for any reason, regardless of what I may think about why it was wasted. I am not going to go into what I think about the social malady known as conspicuous consumption and the people who practice it. Although the argument could be made that pianos can be used in that way (as in the example I gave), and therefore the topic is somehow relevant to PW, it's just not that interesting to me at the moment.

#2050670 - 03/19/13 07:21 AM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: theJourney]

That's not what I said or meant at all. It has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

Edited by pianoloverus (03/19/13 07:35 AM)

#2050680 - 03/19/13 07:53 AM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: Mark_C]
ClsscLib Offline

Platinum Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Northern VA, U.S.
I wish there were a compelling philosophical system that would forbid other people doing all the things I find distasteful in them. Unfortunately, I don't think such a system exists, and I conclude, rather reluctantly, that people are going to have to be allowed to set their own priorities for what they do with their time, energy, values, beliefs, opinions, and money, up to the point where their choices may inflict harm upon others or restrict the similar freedom of choice of others.

I hate that conclusion, but the alternatives have been tried, and they haven't worked all that well.

Edited by ClsscLib (03/19/13 09:10 AM)

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing."

-- Florence Foster Jenkins

#2050689 - 03/19/13 08:21 AM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: Mark_C]
Dara Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: west coast island, canada
piano shall thrive
amazing invention
one of the wonders of human creation

#2050935 - 03/19/13 03:36 PM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: wr]
Old Man Offline
500 Post Club Member

I guess I should appreciate the reminder of why I have a person with such an attitude on my ignore list, although I'd just as soon not have read the remark at all. Old Man appears to be heading in the direction of joining him and the rest who are on that list.

To me, it's a shame to waste an instrument for any reason, regardless of what I may think about why it was wasted. I am not going to go into what I think about the social malady known as conspicuous consumption and the people who practice it. Although the argument could be made that pianos can be used in that way (as in the example I gave), and therefore the topic is somehow relevant to PW, it's just not that interesting to me at the moment.

wr, you're preaching to the choir. I doubt that anyone in this forum would want to "waste" a piano, or any other instrument. We are all lovers of music, so I'm sure that most of us find the idea of buying a piano as a status symbol or a piece of furniture to be repugnant. But it happens all the time.

I won't speak for Plover, and I apologize to him for dragging him into your line of fire. But speaking only for myself, I was simply saying that all economic decisions are based on myriad motivations, some rational, some irrational, and most in between. I view buying a car as a purchase that requires as much rationality as I can muster. I favor Toyota and Honda, because as a mechanically challenged person, reliability is paramount to me. But millions of others don't give a damn about reliability. They want cars that are stylish, have loads of amenities, or are made in America. During the 1970s and 80s, when American cars were greatly inferior to foreign models, I was roundly castigated as being "un-American" for not buying from one of the Big Three. So they thought I was unpatriotic, and I thought they were irrational. But that's the nature of economics. All's fair.

When it comes to pianos, yes, I understand the reverence that a beautiful instrument commands - or should command. But we can't control the motivations of others. And my point was that regardless of why people buy pianos, the fact that pianos continue to be purchased can only serve to benefit those of us who truly do love pianos. As long as there is sufficient demand for acoustic pianos, manufacturers will prosper, or at least tread water, and that will allow those of us who dream of owning one some day to perhaps realize that dream.

Feel free to put me on ignore. At least I hope I've clarified what I was trying to say.

#2050942 - 03/19/13 03:55 PM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: Old Man]
Mark_C Offline

Loc: New York
....Feel free to put me on ignore....

Very good job replying to such a post from him. I think some people don't realize enough that when so many people tick them off, they might need to look in the mirror a bit more. I think it can be found in the dictionary under "misanthrope."

#2050951 - 03/19/13 04:05 PM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: Old Man]

I doubt that anyone in this forum would want to "waste" a piano, or any other instrument.
I'm glad you put waste in quotes because my whole point is that someone who buys a piano for reasons other than playing it isn't IMO wasting a piano. They're just as entitled to their reason to buy a piano as anyone else, and it's arrogant for someone to think their reason is the right or a better reason.

It's not as though there are too few pianos to go around to those willing to buy them. In fact, the opposite is true and so someone buying a piano for furniture doesn't prevent anyone else from buying a piano. And I think it's incredibly judgmental for someone to say that their reason to buy a piano is better than someone else's reason.

I do think it's a shame that more people can't afford pianos or can't afford really terrific pianos, but that is not the same as begrudging someone for buying a piano for reasons other than playing it.

Edited by pianoloverus (03/19/13 04:32 PM)

#2050969 - 03/19/13 04:25 PM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: Cinnamonbear]
Scott Hamlin Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:

That said, I wonder if the question could be re-framed, "Will there ever be enough pianists to play all the pianos on the earth?"

--Andy

I was just thinking that as well...

#2050974 - 03/19/13 04:36 PM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: pianoloverus]
Old Man Offline
500 Post Club Member

... my whole point is that someone who buys a piano for reasons other than playing it isn't IMO wasting a piano. They're just as entitled to their reason to buy a piano as anyone else, and it's arrogant for someone to think their reason is the right or a better reason.

Agreed. I can just imagine a Steinway dealer vetting each of his customers, interrogating them about their "true" intentions, then making them swear an oath to faithfully love, cherish, protect, maintain, and play their new piano every day, til death do they part.

I think the average dealer thinks: I have piano. You have money. Let's trade. Thank you very much. grin

#2050976 - 03/19/13 04:40 PM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: Old Man]
5000 Post Club Member

... my whole point is that someone who buys a piano for reasons other than playing it isn't IMO wasting a piano. They're just as entitled to their reason to buy a piano as anyone else, and it's arrogant for someone to think their reason is the right or a better reason.

Agreed. I can just imagine a Steinway dealer vetting each of his customers, interrogating them about their "true" intentions, then making them swear an oath to faithfully love, cherish, protect, maintain, and play their new piano every day, til death do they part.

I think the average dealer thinks: I have piano. You have money. Let's trade. Thank you very much. grin

All the punter has to do is to make the dealer an offer he cannot refuse...... wink

#2051043 - 03/19/13 07:39 PM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: bennevis]
Old Man Offline
500 Post Club Member

All the punter has to do is to make the dealer an offer he cannot refuse...... wink

A fellow Godfather aficionado possibly?? thumb

#2051055 - 03/19/13 08:36 PM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: pianoloverus]
Ferdinand Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: California

Originally Posted By: outo
On further reflection, there is likely some truth to it. Those of us for whom a piano is the most precious thing in the world have those rich people to thank for keeping the piano industry in existence.
You sound prejudiced against rich people.

I had the idea that people buy grand pianos to play them and are willing to pay for quality work, sound and touch...this is what I am looking for and I am willing to pay much more than what I could actually afford for it.

Yet the piano dealer told me that a large proportion of his clients are more interested in how the piano looks...
There is nothing wrong in any way about buying a piano purely for its looks or purely for furniture. Your motives for buying a piano are not superior to those who buy it for furniture although you seem to think they are.

First of all, I never wrote your first quote. Secondly I was merely surprised about the motives of some people buying musical instruments that are costly and take a lot of space. I did not make any value judgement about their motives, just revealed my own. Personally I would rather buy some art to look at...
Sorry for my confusion. I mistakenly thought you had written part of the post you quoted.

I have seen too often people complaining about other people's motives for buying a piano, that some... especially "rich" people only buy them as furniture, that these people are somehow undeserving of a piano or that it's terrible that they buy them for the wrong reasons while some serious musicians can't afford a nice grand.

But you are not guilty!

I wrote the passage above that was misattributed to Outo. I am not prejudiced. I should have chosen the words more carefully. I apologize if it offended anyone.

My technician and I were talking today about various fine pianos he knows of in this area. He mentioned several that were bought for other reasons than to be played by the owners. Some of these have been badly neglected and have deteriorated.

I have no quarrel with people buying pianos that they won't play. But it's difficult for me not to think of a fine hand-crafted piano as a living thing. I wish owners had a sense of responsibility toward their instruments and toward the workers who put their soul into the making of them.

#2051311 - 03/20/13 11:38 AM Re: Poll (sort of): Will the 'acoustic piano' become a relic? [Re: Mark_C]
Pogorelich. Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: in the past
Oh, it just warms my heart that I can't and won't be able to (for some years) afford a piano, let alone a STEINWAY of all things, and there are apparently people who buy Steinways for nothing more than furniture in their castles?????

What a wonderful world.

(I understand people can own whatever they want for whatever reasons they want - I wonder if anybody bought an original Picasso just so they can use it as a tray? - but you can't stop me from feeling a tiny bit resentful and wish that I can too own a piano one day)

Edited by Pogorelich. (03/20/13 11:41 AM)

'I want to invest my emotions only in music; it will never disappoint me or hurt me - it is a safe place to be.'

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  Brendan, Kreisler 
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha UX vs WX
by goldmund
10/25/14 11:34 AM
Need help with chords
by Shirz
10/25/14 07:52 AM
Which are the best forums for piano technicians and DIYers?
by Withindale
10/25/14 03:17 AM
Prelude
by noobpianist90
10/25/14 01:55 AM
Red Striped Screws and Fancy Nuts
by chernobieff
10/24/14 11:57 PM
Who's Online
124 registered (accordeur, 36251, 0987654321, A Guy, 38 invisible), 1529 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76653 Members
42 Forums
158488 Topics
2327555 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission