Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2051432 - 03/20/13 03:36 PM Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online
Larry Fine Offline

Loc: Boston, MA
Dear Piano World members:

The Spring 2013 issue of Piano Buyer is now online at Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyer - Spring 2013 , and the print version will be available in a couple of weeks. I want to introduce you to what’s new and different in the Spring issue. Thanks to Frank Baxter for granting permission to post this on Piano World.

In this issue we offer several new articles for your reading pleasure. As we’ve been telling readers for a while now, globalization and the computerization of manufacturing have narrowed the gap between performance- and consumer-grade pianos, allowing makers to design and build high-quality instruments at a fraction of the cost of those made by traditional hand-building methods. We asked George F. Emerson, a veteran of 48 years in the piano industry, if that meant that hand-built pianos were becoming obsolete. To our surprise, he said yes—-or that, at least, they soon would be. Perhaps a bit upset by his answer, we asked a couple of representatives of high-end makers to respond. You can read their dialogue in “Are ‘Hand-Built’ Pianos Becoming Obsolete?”

When an institution is ready to purchase a large number of new pianos, one of the major decisions to be made is whether to buy all of them from a single manufacturer, or to maintain a diverse inventory of instruments of many brands. The decision has artistic, technical, financial, institutional, and, often, political dimensions. The College of Music at Florida State University is one of the largest music schools in the country to maintain a diverse inventory of many brands. On the single-brand side, probably best known is the All-Steinway School program, with more than 150 institutions participating. In “The All-Steinway School Program vs. the Diverse-Inventory Approach to Buying Pianos for an Institution,” proponents of the two approaches put their best feet forward to explain the reasons behind their choices.

It used to be that you had to choose between an acoustic and a digital piano. Increasingly, manufacturers have been developing options for choosing both in a single instrument-—the hybrid piano—-some starting at the acoustic side and adding digital capabilities, and some at the digital side and adding acoustic features. Yamaha, a pioneer in the development of both types, has done it again, but, for the first time, with a real vertical-piano action. Piano Buyer’s reviewers take a look at the company’s new model NU1 Hybrid upright from both the digital and acoustic perspectives.

Piano Buyer’s ratings of new pianos are probably the publication’s most read, most misunderstood, and most controversial feature. As the quality of low-end pianos rises, and the differences between brands become increasingly subtle and subjective, our ratings have come to represent less our judgments of the instruments, and more our sense of how manufacturers and dealers position them in the marketplace-—partly by price, but also by reputation and country of origin. To better explain this, we’ve tweaked the rating chart and rewritten the commentary that accompanies it. But we’ve never been completely satisfied with publishing the chart alone, in part because readers who lack time, interest, and/or ability to make their own judgments frequently ask that we help them by recommending specific models. Beginning with this issue, we’ve risen to the challenge with “Staff Picks,” our unapologetically subjective assessments of the best in today’s acoustic, digital, and hybrid pianos.

Our ability to implement the Staff Picks feature has been augmented by our appointment of Dr. Owen Lovell as Piano Review Editor. Dr. Lovell is an Assistant Professor of Music at the University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire, and a professional pianist who concertizes regularly. He will coordinate reviews for Piano Buyer, which will allow us to publish more reviews by pianists. Dr. Lovell also regularly tries out pianos at dealerships and at the NAMM show, which will enhance our ability to make informed, subjective assessments of them.

Finally, we’ve made some changes to the website. Our former Flash edition of the online publication is now in HTML5, an alternative to Flash that works better on mobile devices, and we’ve renamed it as the Fancy edition. Also, over the next few weeks, we’ll be outfitting our home page with additional navigation aids to allow visitors to more quickly find the information they need. We’ll also be developing a version of the site with a smaller viewing area suitable for smartphones.

Please let me know if you find any errors or non-working links, but first try refreshing your browser to see if that clears up the problem. Also, feel free to make substantive comments on our Facebook page and, if you feel so inclined, to “like” us on Facebook.

Larry Fine, Publisher

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2051460 - 03/20/13 04:40 PM Re: Spring 2013 [i][b]Piano Buyer [/b][/i]is now online [Re: Larry Fine]
Bosendorff Offline

Thanks so much for your hard work again on this new edition. Emerson's article is particularly interesting.

The new "staff picks" is also IMHO a nice plus to this latest edition. I hope you will continue to use this new feature in the next editions.

#2051468 - 03/20/13 04:53 PM Re: Spring 2013 [i][b]Piano Buyer [/b][/i]is now online [Re: Larry Fine]
Steve Cohen Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maryland/DC/No. VA
Just for clarity our new Review Editor, Owen Lovell, is a regular here posting as "Terminaldegree".

Over the past couple of years he and I have met a number of times and we recently spent a good deal of time together at NAMM.

He is a most welcome and valuable member of the Piano Buyer team.

Consultant & Contributing Editor - Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyer

Jasons Music
Maryland/DC/No. VA
Since 1937.

www.jasonsmusic.com
My postings, unless stated otherwise, are my personal opinions, not those of my clients.

#2051472 - 03/20/13 05:09 PM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: Larry Fine]
LFL Offline

Looked over the new Staff Picks section and the discussion regarding the future of "hand-built" pianos. Enjoyed these as fresh reading from the previous edition. Thank you for your hard work.

#2051496 - 03/20/13 05:59 PM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: Larry Fine]
Norbert Offline

Loc: Surrey, B.C.
I like the new edition and its new approach including "staff picks"

Although things can be interpreted differently - depending as usual on buyers' own needs - the charts starting on p 48 are IMHO useful for modern buyers.

http://www.pianobuyer.com/spring13/48.html

My own bias is that some of the "models" by certain makes are still somewhat undervalued but it's for buyers themselves to find where those nice little "Easter eggs" can be found....

Norbert wink

Edited by Norbert (03/21/13 12:42 AM)

#2051557 - 03/20/13 08:10 PM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: Larry Fine]
pianoloverus Offline

Loc: New York City
Really excellent choices for the new articles. "Staff picks" is particularly interesting and useful.

Edited by pianoloverus (03/21/13 09:04 AM)

#2051625 - 03/20/13 10:28 PM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: Larry Fine]
RickG1 Offline

Loc: TX
Larry,
I, too, want to thank you, Steve, Owen and any others that put together such a comprehensive guide to pianos.

#2051675 - 03/21/13 12:32 AM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: Larry Fine]
Elkayem Offline

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
The new George Emerson article had me going until I read "an engineer at the Baldwin piano factories of the 1990s was not taken seriously if his desk did not display a slide rule." Really? That seems very hard to believe. In the 90s I remember, an HP 15c or equivalent was the sign of a serious engineer, and a slide rule was a curiosity from a previous generation. Were Baldwin engineers also using punch cards in the 90s?

#2052068 - 03/21/13 05:32 PM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: Larry Fine]
patH Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Germany
Thanks for the new edition.

I liked the article about "hand-made" pianos. To me it confirms that the acoustic piano is here to stay (as discussed here), even if many of them are no longer completely hand-crafted.

I'm not sure what to make of the "staff picks" in the "New piano market" section. "Perennial favorites" may be the most interesting column; because it indicates pianos that have always been liked (at least in the US; Baldwin is virtually unknown in Germany). The "musical standouts" are subjective. Is "Good values" supposed to say something about the resale value, or just about the price-performance ratio? Either way, I find it weird to include the Schimmel C182 but not the Yamaha C3.

But of course, this is just my subjective opinion. wink

#2052158 - 03/21/13 09:49 PM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: Larry Fine]
terminaldegree Online   content
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: western Wisconsin
Hi patH,

Thanks for reading and your comments. The "good values" section of the staff picks do not focus on resale value in any way. We were instead focusing on what pianos offer relative to their SMP and "street" price and recognizing models that excel in this way (as new instruments).
Casio px-200, Bechstein A190 #192939 @ home
Steinway A #585209, B #416809 @ work
Schimmel 130T #339100, on loan

#2052206 - 03/22/13 12:17 AM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: Larry Fine]
rlinkt Offline

Loc: CA
I enjoyed the changes you have made in this edition. I liked the Staff Picks section, and the categories in it. To me it is a set of attributes that I can digest, and at least intuitively understand. Hope the readers overall like it enough for the Staff Picks to stay!

#2052342 - 03/22/13 08:49 AM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: terminaldegree]
patH Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: terminaldegree
The "good values" section of the staff picks do not focus on resale value in any way. We were instead focusing on what pianos offer relative to their SMP and "street" price and recognizing models that excel in this way (as new instruments).

Thanks for the clarification.
I highlighted the part that in my opinion is important but often overlooked: How a piano keep its quality. In that respect, I've had better experiences with Yamaha than with Schimmel.
But I've read that Schimmel nearly went out of business in the 2000-years, and that they have reformed with a smaller staff. Maybe they fixed their quality issues then.

#2052362 - 03/22/13 09:33 AM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: patH]
pianoloverus Offline

Originally Posted By: patH
Originally Posted By: terminaldegree
The "good values" section of the staff picks do not focus on resale value in any way. We were instead focusing on what pianos offer relative to their SMP and "street" price and recognizing models that excel in this way (as new instruments).

Thanks for the clarification.
I highlighted the part that in my opinion is important but often overlooked: How a piano keep its quality. In that respect, I've had better experiences with Yamaha than with Schimmel.
But I've read that Schimmel nearly went out of business in the 2000-years, and that they have reformed with a smaller staff. Maybe they fixed their quality issues then.

How a piano keeps its quality(I assume you are talking about its resale value?)can certainly be related to how well the brand is known and not the inherent quality of the instrument.

I have never read anything about Schimmel having quality issues. It's been getting very positive reviews for more than ten years in the PB and also on Piano World.

#2052365 - 03/22/13 09:38 AM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: patH]
Rich Galassini Online   content
8000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia/South Jersey

I have personally never found there to be quality issues with Schimmel in my years in this industry (26 years). They did reorganize but that had everything to do with the marketplace and nothing at all to do with their quality.

I say this as an outsider who did not sell Schimmel product at all at that time, but admired it.
Dir. Line (215) 991-0834
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Get Cunningham Piano Email Updates

#2052398 - 03/22/13 11:04 AM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: pianoloverus]
patH Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: pianoloverus
How a piano keeps its quality(I assume you are talking about its resale value?)can certainly be related to how well the brand is known and not the inherent quality of the instrument.

I have never read anything about Schimmel having quality issues. It's been getting very positive reviews for more than ten years in the PB and also on Piano World.

I am talking from my personal experience as a student in the 90s.
At the university of Dortmund/Germany, there were lots of practise rooms; each had one or two pianos in them. Most pianos were Schimmels, but there were also a few other brands.
There were three pianos I particularly liked, made by Sauter, Ibach and Feurich. What I liked was that through my studies, they always had the same crisp action and sound, and never seemed to wear out. The Schimmel pianos however all felt worn out.
And it's not intentional, because in the mid-90s, the university acquired a whole new bunch of Schimmel pianos. When brand new, they had a good sound and action; but after only a few weeks, they too started to feel worn out, with imprecise, almost sponge-like action. At least to me it seemed that way.

As for the grand pianos: There were 3 classrooms, each of them had a grand piano. One Yamaha, one Kawai, and one Steinway. All were good and reliable.
And in another practise room, there was a new Schimmel grand piano with one glitch after the other (like keys sticking).

So when I'm talking about quality issues, I'm talking about how a good piano stays good. Schimmel is a well-known brand, which probably helped them stay in business, and also helps their resales value. But they have disappointed me in the 90s.

#2052414 - 03/22/13 11:42 AM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: patH]
Rich Galassini Online   content
8000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia/South Jersey

At the university of Dortmund/Germany, there were lots of practise rooms; each had one or two pianos in them. Most pianos were Schimmels, but there were also a few other brands.
There were three pianos I particularly liked, made by Sauter, Ibach and Feurich. What I liked was that through my studies, they always had the same crisp action and sound, and never seemed to wear out. The Schimmel pianos however all felt worn out.
And it's not intentional, because in the mid-90s, the university acquired a whole new bunch of Schimmel pianos. When brand new, they had a good sound and action; but after only a few weeks, they too started to feel worn out, with imprecise, almost sponge-like action. At least to me it seemed that way.

As for the grand pianos: There were 3 classrooms, each of them had a grand piano. One Yamaha, one Kawai, and one Steinway. All were good and reliable.
And in another practise room, there was a new Schimmel grand piano with one glitch after the other (like keys sticking).

So when I'm talking about quality issues, I'm talking about how a good piano stays good. Schimmel is a well-known brand, which probably helped them stay in business, and also helps their resales value. But they have disappointed me in the 90s.

Well, the last thing I would do is invalidate the opinion of a pianist based on their experiences. However, The Sauter and Feurich at that time had Renner actions as did the Schimmel - different geometry to be sure, but the product was of equivalent quality. The other causes of these symptoms were also equivalent between these brands at the time as well.

I will put my professional opinion out there based on helping many institutions maintain their inventory of pianos. The climate changes from room to room in any institution can vary tremendously. More sunlight warms one room up while an older window makes the next cold, older heating systems do not warm evenly to begin with, etc., etc.

This simple fact may well be at the root of your issues, but you are entititled to your thoughts as well.

Let me add that in the mid- 90's I sold MANY Schimmel pianos and, although some had problems like you described, every one could be attributed to environmental issues. That is not a Schimmel problem, but a piano problem.

My 2 cents,
Dir. Line (215) 991-0834
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Get Cunningham Piano Email Updates

#2052428 - 03/22/13 12:09 PM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: patH]
pianoloverus Offline

Originally Posted By: pianoloverus

I think everything you mention could fall under lack of maintenance or random occurrence or improper conditions for the piano. For example, sticking keys don't necessarily indicate something intrinsically wrong with the piano. I would find it hard to imagine that a piano with Schimmel's reputation regularly had sticking keys caused by a design or production flaw.

Edited by pianoloverus (03/22/13 12:11 PM)

#2052444 - 03/22/13 12:40 PM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: Larry Fine]
patH Offline
500 Post Club Member

I don't think that the environment was a deciding factor. Most practise rooms were in the basement; and if my memory is correct, one practise room had an older Sauter AND a new Schimmel inside. At first the Schimmel was good, but after a few weeks I went back to the Sauter, because the action of the Sauter stayed good, while the action of the Schimmel seemed to get worse.

But who knows; maybe the technician in charge just didn't like Schimmel and neglected them on purpose. wink Or maybe the Schimmels were used more often. They had a warmer sound than the crisp Sauter; which might be good if the piano is used for accompanyment.
And to be fair, there was also an old Yamaha upright in a practise room, which to me felt worse than the worst Schimmel. This did not stop me from buying a Yamaha C2 last year.

Bottom line: Schimmel has probably done something to earn its good reputation; and if I were to buy a piano today, I'd judge based on what the new instrument sounds and feels like.

#2052447 - 03/22/13 12:43 PM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: Larry Fine]
Norbert Offline

At the expense of sounding biased, Sauter pianos have always been totally in a class of their own - even in Germany.

Sauter is not sidetracked building lower lines for marketing purposes,but instead is concentrating on making the very best German craftsmanship can.

[Honourary mentioning of Pfeiffer in nearby Stuttgart - Sauter giving it's full respects wink ]

I was personally present when this discussion took place at the Spaichingen factory many years ago at a time when other German makers were rushing to move some or part of their production to Eastern Germany/Europe.

IMHO this has paid off big for Sauter,their order books are full.

"Nicht schlecht Herr Specht"

Norbert smile

Edited by Norbert (03/22/13 12:48 PM)

#2052486 - 03/22/13 01:44 PM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: Larry Fine]
mikeheel Offline

Loc: NC
Read FANCY Edition?

Good job, as usual. I appreciated the addition of "staff picks," but the "FANCY" edition option had me laughing out loud.

#2052504 - 03/22/13 02:12 PM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: Larry Fine]
patH Offline
500 Post Club Member

To add about Schimmel:
When I do an online search about Schimmel school pianos, one model is mentioned more often than others: The C-112 Studio.
This model is no longer listed on the Schimmel website. But it looks like the pianos I played on at the University of Dortmund.

Maybe they stopped making it, and focus now on making not too cheap, but high-quality instruments. In that case, they deserve to be "Performance grade" or "Staff pick".

#2052516 - 03/22/13 02:28 PM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: Norbert]
pianoloverus Offline

Originally Posted By: Norbert
At the expense of sounding biased, Sauter pianos have always been totally in a class of their own - even in Germany.
Do you really think that just because you're a Sauter dealer and the Piano Buyer lists seven other makes in the same class as Sauter we'd think you're biased?

Edited by pianoloverus (03/22/13 02:32 PM)

#2052544 - 03/22/13 03:25 PM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: Larry Fine]
Norbert Offline

Quote:
Do you really think that just because you're a Sauter dealer and the Piano Buyer lists seven other makes in the same class as Sauter we'd think you're biased?

I am, not denying this for one moment.

However before I had chosen to be Sauter dealer, I had been personally been familiar with most other German makes: Sauter with over 40 years - played their various models over long time during Messe and NAMM, as well as visited the factories on various locations.

So yes, I'm definitely *biased*

[proudly so..]

Norbert wink

#2052560 - 03/22/13 03:49 PM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: mikeheel]
Steve Cohen Offline

Originally Posted By: mikeheel
Read FANCY Edition?

Good job, as usual. I appreciated the addition of "staff picks," but the "FANCY" edition option had me laughing out loud.

We put that in "tongue in cheek".

In the past it was called the "Flash" edition, but we recently upgraded to HTML5 and thought a new name would be appropriate.

It was Larry who came up with "Fancy". Owen, Julie and I are innocent!!!!

We are, however, open to suggestions... laugh

Jasons Music
Maryland/DC/No. VA
Since 1937.

www.jasonsmusic.com
My postings, unless stated otherwise, are my personal opinions, not those of my clients.

#2052591 - 03/22/13 04:31 PM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: Larry Fine]
mikeheel Offline

Loc: NC
I remember it being flash edition before. I don't blame you for diverting responsibility for using them fancy words; I'd deny that one, too! LOL.

#2052609 - 03/22/13 04:49 PM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: Larry Fine]
Minnesota Marty Online   content

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014

Loc: Rochester MN
Well, fancy can have unwanted connotations. I think the "Baroque Edition" could be suitably ornate.

It's much easier to bash a Steinway than it is to play one.

#2053090 - 03/23/13 06:37 PM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: Minnesota Marty]
Dwscamel Online   content

Why would anyone choose other than the 'FANCY' version?

#2053096 - 03/23/13 06:53 PM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: Dwscamel]
Steve Cohen Offline

Originally Posted By: Dwscamel
Why would anyone choose other than the 'FANCY' version?

It takes up much more memory and is slower to change pages on many computers.

Jasons Music
Maryland/DC/No. VA
Since 1937.

www.jasonsmusic.com

#2053261 - 03/24/13 01:50 AM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: Larry Fine]
turandot Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Loc: torrance, CA
Originally Posted By: Larry Fine
But we’ve never been completely satisfied with publishing the chart alone, in part because readers who lack time, interest, and/or ability to make their own judgments frequently ask that we help them by recommending specific models. Beginning with this issue, we’ve risen to the challenge with “Staff Picks,” our unapologetically subjective assessments of the best in today’s acoustic, digital, and hybrid pianos.

Our ability to implement the Staff Picks feature has been augmented by our appointment of Dr. Owen Lovell as Piano Review Editor. Dr. Lovell is an Assistant Professor of Music at the University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire, and a professional pianist who concertizes regularly. He will coordinate reviews for Piano Buyer, which will allow us to publish more reviews by pianists. Dr. Lovell also regularly tries out pianos at dealerships and at the NAMM show, which will enhance our ability to make informed, subjective assessments of them.

I counted 48 acoustic piano Staff Picks in the current edition. I realize that's a small number compared to the total of all the models of all the makers, but nonetheless it represents an ambitious task to sort through this many pianos. I'm wondering what the methodology was for arriving at these picks and choosing the information that accompanies each pick. In the text, it is stated....

"while you can probably count on pianos recommended by us to be “good” instruments, it doesn’t follow from that that you will necessarily like them as much as we do. Our recommendations also say virtually nothing about brands and models that are not on the list. Either we haven’t had the opportunity to try them out (or, at least, not under favorable conditions), or they just didn’t stand out to us as being really special."

The use of we and us leads me to believe that staff members other than Owen submitted picks. I'm wondering how it worked, what the methodology was.

How many staff members were involved in the picking?

Did all participating staff members carry equal weight in the decision-making process?

Was each participating member entitled to submit a set (or even random) number of picks?

Was every published pick first confirmed by hands-on experience of more than one staff member?

How did staff members share their impressions and opinions and was a sharing of opinions an important part of arriving at a final list for publication?

#2053350 - 03/24/13 08:57 AM Re: Spring 2013 Piano Buyer is now online [Re: Larry Fine]
malkin Online   content
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: *sigh* Salt Lake City
I fancy the Fancy version.
If I were naming it, I'd just call it the HTML5 version.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
143 registered (accordeur, Alux, AndreiN, AmateurBob, ABC Vermonter, 39 invisible), 1578 Guests and 30 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74307 Members
42 Forums
153689 Topics
2252921 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Is it my technique that's causing this?
by T.M.E.
04/23/14 10:49 PM
Best brand of upright piano 48" or larger?
by WG40
04/23/14 10:22 PM
Kawai MP11 vs. Kawai VPC-1 Action / Key Length
by jp2011
04/23/14 10:00 PM
Canadian pricing for Kawai MP11?
by GWILLY
04/23/14 09:52 PM
RH Fast Alberti notes
by Ogden
04/23/14 09:28 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission