2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
49 members (Cheeeeee, Adam Reynolds, Cominut, Burkhard, 1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, 36251, 6 invisible), 1,286 guests, and 285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 77 of 119 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 118 119

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Once again I am a bit crunched for time, so as much as I like Carlos's detailed evaluation of an individual piece, I'm just going to list pieces from the the three books in order of difficulty, with a phrase or two at most commenting on why they were ranked the way they were. And I won't rank them all, only those I worked up or attempted to work up. List goes from easiest to hardest

Corale and Corale Solo -- both arrangements are very easy, but they don't appeal all that much to me.
Dark Bank of Clouds -- this is heresy to say here, but I. Hate. This. Solo. Arrangement. The right hand consists solely of one measure repeated 110 times. After measure 74 I was ready to gouge my eyeballs out. My family was ready after measure 28.
Brothers -- once you get used to the off-beat rhythm, it's a piece of cake
Underwood
Crane Dance
Uno
Sarabande
Burning -- unless you have huge hands, you'll have to pedal your way through much of the piece
Two Trees -- my current favorite
Primavera -- dead easy if played slowly; much harder to play at the proper tempo
Berlin Song -- one of my all time favorites to play.
Reverie -- it's hard to get the echoey feel in the left hand on an acoustic
Divenire -- major hand independence and tempo challenges here
Experience -- just like Divenire, without the slow easy part
Andare -- one look at the triplets and rhythmic challenges, and I didn't even dare try it.
Otramare -- ditto

I'll be curious to see what ranking others come up with. smile

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Monica, thanks for your info!

One more:

Piece: Julia - "The Best of Ludovico Einaudi" book
Comment: Get ready to deal with the (endless) arpeggios. It's important to play in the right tempo in order to get the melody, and keep attention to the changes of "speed" inside the sessions. Once you domain this details, it's a pleasure to see your hands flying thru the keyboard. I think this piece is technically challenging, and the final result also depends on the felling you have for this type of pieces.
Technical level: 3.5
Interpretation level: 3
Overall level: 3.5

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by searcherAl
Hi CarlosCC,
concerning my person: I have switched from classical guitar, which I have been playing for more than thirty years, to piano some two years ago.

I'm learning the piano without teacher and only play for my private pleasure. So far this pleasure has taken me from Bach Inventions (1, 2, 8)to Metamorphosis 1, 2, Mad Rush by Ph. Glass to some Soler (R102, R115), to some Scarlatti (K203, K32, K517) and ... Ludovico Einaudi (Nefeli, I due fiumi, fuori dal mondo).
greets
Al

Thanks Al.
With your experience with guitar, I think you will have no big problems with piano. I'm learning piano without a teacher too, so I know exactly what is to "decode" a piece from the scratch. Nice to know that you can play lots of different styles.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Dietro Casa very easy to learn the notes and both hands. Quite repetitive with some small subtle changes. OK for a beginner after a few months, BUT, not so easy at all to play with the sensitivity and touch that Einaudi does especially the live version on YT, and that aspect is perhaps beyond a beginner.

In fact I would say a lot of the difficulty, for even the easy pieces (no stretches, triplets, quite slow), is to play with the nuances of touch and expression that are in the originals. At least for me.

Last edited by spanishbuddha; 03/22/13 09:55 AM.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
My friends, I am speechless ... the concert is fabulous. Einaudi is at its best and is accompanied by excellent musicians. Do not miss it. You must go!

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Glad you enjoyed the evening Carlos.

Ah cannae wait !!

It will be happened; it shall be going to be happening; it will be was an event that could will have been taken place in the future. Simple as that.
I totally agree with Carlos. I loved it. I'm delighted. It was fascinating.

Although every single moment was fantastic, I have to highlight one in particular. If I'm not mistaken it was when they were playing Run... that "game of lights" behind them was more than amazing. Alway following the flow of the music and culminating in the grand finale. As Carlos said, speechless...

Working on:

Am Abend - Hofmann

"Don’t practice until you get it right. Practice until you can’t get it wrong. "
S
S
Originally Posted by Monica K.
Once again I am a bit crunched for time, so as much as I like Carlos's detailed evaluation of an individual piece, I'm just going to list pieces from the the three books in order of difficulty, with a phrase or two at most commenting on why they were ranked the way they were. And I won't rank them all, only those I worked up or attempted to work up. List goes from easiest to hardest

Corale and Corale Solo -- both arrangements are very easy, but they don't appeal all that much to me.
Dark Bank of Clouds -- this is heresy to say here, but I. Hate. This. Solo. Arrangement. The right hand consists solely of one measure repeated 110 times. After measure 74 I was ready to gouge my eyeballs out. My family was ready after measure 28.
Underwood
Crane Dance
Uno
Sarabande
Burning -- unless you have huge hands, you'll have to pedal your way through much of the piece
Primavera -- dead easy if played slowly; much harder to play at the proper tempo
Andare -- one look at the triplets and rhythmic challenges, and I didn't even dare try it.
Otramare -- ditto

Monica,

Thanks for your effort. Just to have a point of reference with the list of the older pieces, where would you situate Nefeli and In un altra vita within the new list?

Al

Nefeli would go between Two Trees and Primavera, and In un altra vita would go between Reverie and Divenire.

S
S
Nefeli would go between Two Trees and Primavera, and In un altra vita would go between Reverie and Divenire.

Thank you for this precision

+1

22nd March truly amazing show!!

The "playlist" was the same of roma concert + "Unna matina" after "Two Trees". And "Experience" was played in 2nd.

The best: "Experience"
The surprise: "Newton's cradle" power!!
The worse: What? Is a Einaudi concert...

4 pictures: http://dfiles.eu/files/68qn7mdil

Yamaha CLP-470

“If you ever assume you know all there is to know about something, or even if you accept that you know enough, you have just doomed yourself to mediocrity.”
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Thanks! Great pictures SeaOwl!
Can I share them with my friends?

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Yes. smile

Yamaha CLP-470

“If you ever assume you know all there is to know about something, or even if you accept that you know enough, you have just doomed yourself to mediocrity.”
Originally Posted by SeaOwl
+1

The worse: What? Is a Einaudi concert...

grin
Thanks for the pics.
3 weeks to go here..... !!!
Wish I could afford a weekend in London in August, as he is coming back for an extra three nights due to selling out the three in April.

It will be happened; it shall be going to be happening; it will be was an event that could will have been taken place in the future. Simple as that.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
With the permission of SeaOwl. Thanks!

Ludovico @Lisbon
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
I'm in a huge indecision. My In A Time Lapse book will arrive soon and no later than the second week of April I will start to learn one of the musics, but I can't choose one D: They are all perfect! xD

My indecision is between Run, Waterways and Burning. My idea is, whatever I choose, to play it in the final recital of my school, wich is in June. I want to touch the people with the music.

Can anyone help me? D:

Last edited by ThePianistWay; 03/26/13 07:38 PM.

Working on:

Am Abend - Hofmann

"Don’t practice until you get it right. Practice until you can’t get it wrong. "
Originally Posted by ThePianistWay
I'm in a huge indecision. My In A Time Lapse book will arrive soon and no later than the second week of April I will start to learn one of the musics, but I can't choose one D: They are all perfect! xD

My indecision is between Run, Waterways and Burning. My idea is, whatever I choose, to play it in the final recital of my school, wich is in June. I want to touch the people with the music.

Can anyone help me? D:

My opinion "Brothers". smile

Yamaha CLP-470

Originally Posted by SeaOwl
Originally Posted by ThePianistWay

Can anyone help me? D:

My opinion "Brothers". smile

Now you have put me more undecided ahahah Brothers is equally excelent. Gosh, I just have 1 week and a few days to decide...

Last edited by ThePianistWay; 03/27/13 07:18 PM.

Working on:

Am Abend - Hofmann

Underwood
Crane Dance
Uno
Sarabande
Otramare -- ditto

Where would you situate Run?

Working on:

Am Abend - Hofmann

Sorry, PianistWay, I just saw your question. Hmmm.... I haven't tried to work on "Run," so it's tough to say. The sheet music doesn't LOOK all that hard, but I've learned the hard way that you don't know until you actually play something where the stumbling blocks are. laugh

My big news is that I just bought my ticket for Einaudi's Washington D.C. concert on May 21!!! yippie I was able to find a fairly cheap airplane ticket and a not-so-cheap hotel, but what the heck, you only live once. And this concert sounds like it is even better than his previous shows.

Page 77 of 119 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 118 119

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission