Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 6 of 15 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#2043229 - 03/05/13 07:33 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: Allard]
scorpio Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Connecticut, USA
For sure! The quality of my imagination is far superior to what I play in reality.

It's funny, I do find that my recordings sound better than what I hear at the keyboard. I have started to turn down the sound while I play. But MOYD has been great for me and I am enjoying the journey.

Yamaha P-155 (for sale) :: Kawai MP11 (on the way)

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#2043331 - 03/05/13 11:47 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
    casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
    It is wonderful to hear how well everyone is doing!

Three cheers for all of us!

#2043452 - 03/05/13 04:17 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
    DennisInMN Offline

Loc: Minnesota, USA
    Please add me to the list. I have wanted to keep at it for years now. Hopefully I can finally buckle down and stay at it with the rest of you this year.

Dennis

#2043479 - 03/05/13 05:00 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: DennisInMN]
    casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: DennisInMN
    Please add me to the list. I have wanted to keep at it for years now. Hopefully I can finally buckle down and stay at it with the rest of you this year.

Dennis

Welcome Dennis!

#2043482 - 03/05/13 05:07 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
    Ragdoll Offline
    500 Post Club Member

Loc: Illinois
    Hey CAS, put me on the naughty list for the last three days in FEB. I pulled a muscle in my upper back the 25th and couldn't play with either hand until yesterday. mad

Never get directions from someone who hasn't been there.

Just be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

#2043484 - 03/05/13 05:12 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: Ragdoll]
    casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: Ragdoll
    Hey CAS, put me on the naughty list for the last three days in FEB. I pulled a muscle in my upper back the 25th and couldn't play with either hand until yesterday. mad

Ouch! ...and didn't you just chop off the top of your finger recently too? (Slight exaggeration, I know).

Be careful m'dear!

#2043550 - 03/05/13 07:48 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
    Ragdoll Offline
    500 Post Club Member

Loc: Illinois
    Quote:
    Ouch! ...and didn't you just chop off the top of your finger recently too?

Thumb acually. Yah I have no Honey to do those honeydo jobs like mowing, weeding, shoveling snow, etc so I'm a bit of a disaster magnet at times.grin

Never get directions from someone who hasn't been there.

Just be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

#2046046 - 03/10/13 04:39 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
    casinitaly Offline

Today was a close-call. No energy, too tired to even want to play...I said.."ok, I'll just do a run through of one piece"....but I stayed with it for 20 minutes.
    That's really 15 more than I thought I'd do smile

#2046048 - 03/10/13 04:44 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
    Allard Offline

Loc: Netherlands
    It's going to be tough tomorrow. We're driving to the Einaudi concert straight after work, so there won't be any time to play! I doubt the audience would appreciate me replacing Ludovico just to get my MOYD in, hehe. Will try to get up early so I can get some time on the keys before work. I have to be careful not to spend TOO much time playing, or the boss might get angry laugh

#2047750 - 03/13/13 04:16 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
    Marc Harris Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
    Please add me to the list.

I am completely new to the piano, and to music in general. I don't play any musical instruments.

A couple of weeks ago, I got a new digital piano (Casio AP220), which is theoretically for my 40th birthday next month. I am currently working on "Frère Jacques", "London Bridge", "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", and "Mary had a Little Lamb". Also on note identification, using a couple of apps I found at the android store.

I am the only person in this list this I consider to be actually worthy of the term "beginner"!

#2047773 - 03/13/13 05:17 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: Marc Harris]
    casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: Marc Harris
    Please add me to the list.

I am completely new to the piano, and to music in general. I don't play any musical instruments.

A couple of weeks ago, I got a new digital piano (Casio AP220), which is theoretically for my 40th birthday next month. I am currently working on "Frère Jacques", "London Bridge", "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", and "Mary had a Little Lamb". Also on note identification, using a couple of apps I found at the android store.

I am the only person in this list this I consider to be actually worthy of the term "beginner"!

Welcome Marc!
    I haven't reviewed the whole list for people's experience, but trust me --- we all started with pretty simple stuff!
    Good luck with MOYD and have fun with your new piano! (and Happy Be-earlied Birthday !)

#2048957 - 03/16/13 01:30 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
    BookCover Offline

Please add me to the list, I'd love to join.

I sometimes fall off the wagon when it comes to violin and ukulele practice, but I'm pretty excited about learning how to play the keyboard. This extra bit of motivation should help.

#2049013 - 03/16/13 06:34 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
    casinitaly Offline

Welcome BookCover - and good luck with your third instrument! wow!

#2049406 - 03/16/13 11:11 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
    BookCover Offline

Thank you for the kind welcome and well wishes. smile

#2052445 - 03/22/13 12:41 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
    Oongawa Offline

May I please be excused for 3/19, 20 and 21?

I had surgery the 18th and practiced before leaving for the hospital but was not worth beans for the next 3 days. Not sure today will be much better but I'll get a little bit of BOTB (butt on the bench) time.

thanks!
    Saint Saens- Danse Macabre
    Attempting a little blues improv
    '69 Mason & Hamlin Model A

#2052449 - 03/22/13 12:46 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: Oongawa]
    casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: Oongawa
    May I please be excused for 3/19, 20 and 21?

I had surgery the 18th and practiced before leaving for the hospital but was not worth beans for the next 3 days. Not sure today will be much better but I'll get a little bit of BOTB (butt on the bench) time.

thanks!

Hope your recovery is quick!

BOTB time...love it!

#2054562 - 03/26/13 01:47 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
    ClsscLib Offline

Platinum Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Northern VA, U.S.
    Afraid I have to ask for a day's grace for 3/27 -- must leave home for business around 6am and then meet a family obligation afterwards that will keep me out late.

I'm still hoping I can at least play a tune or two on the digital w/headphones when I get home, but it may not work.

I'm not happy about that -- so far this year I've actually practiced at least something every single day -- I'd never have thought that possible with my work travel schedule. Mind you, not every day has been two or more hours of work on a real piano, but the vast majority of them have been.

Thank goodness the NP-11 can go with me almost anywhere. It's not a thing of beauty nor yet a joy forever, and it's not quite in the same class as my acoustic piano -- but it's a sight better than nothing at all!

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing."

-- Florence Foster Jenkins

#2054590 - 03/26/13 03:11 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
    LarryShone Offline
    500 Post Club Member

Loc: Darlington, UK
    Well yesterday I practiced twice. During the day and again at night, even made recordings.
    Today I've been unable to due to work.

Yamaha PSR225-I NEED A PIANO wink

#2054706 - 03/26/13 06:08 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
    casinitaly Offline

ClsscLib --- just let me know if you don't get in your dp time at the end of the day and I'll take care of it. Hope you manage - you've been doing well so far!

Larry, unfortunately twice in one day doesn't make up for missing a day. I'll update the list!
    Hope tomorrow is better for you!

#2054756 - 03/26/13 07:09 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
    LarryShone Offline
    500 Post Club Member

Whoa,how serious are we getting here?

#2054942 - 03/27/13 03:19 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: LarryShone]
    casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: LarryShone

What do you mean Larry? I'm just playing the game, the way it is outlined on page one.(and btw I didn't invent it, I took it over from someone who took it over from someone)....that's MOYD, that's all.

....and though it definitely is a fun thing, most of us take the idea pretty seriously otherwise we wouldn't bother signing up for it, and we certainly wouldn't bother checking in smile

#2055138 - 03/27/13 02:30 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
    LarryShone Offline
    500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: casinitaly

What do you mean Larry? I'm just playing the game, the way it is outlined on page one.(and btw I didn't invent it, I took it over from someone who took it over from someone)....that's MOYD, that's all.

....and though it definitely is a fun thing, most of us take the idea pretty seriously otherwise we wouldn't bother signing up for it, and we certainly wouldn't bother checking in smile

Well I'm unable to practice every day

#2055142 - 03/27/13 02:43 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: LarryShone]
    casinitaly Offline

Well I'm unable to practice every day

Well,ok. You can't practice every day. Fine.
    But may I ask, why did you sign up for MOYD? smile
    Maybe you didn't really understand what it is? I think it is pretty clear on the first page of this thread - but maybe you didn't really read it.. I don't know.

[quote=]MOYD is a personal challenge where you commit to playing the piano for some amount of time every single day. It might be a few hours, it might be a few minutes - it doesn't matter. If you miss a day you must come here and say so.[/quote]

So... no, I wasn't going overboard being critical or anything like that. This is the challenge we set for ourselves we aim to play every day and we check in when we don't. It isn't everyone's cup of tea.

#2055192 - 03/27/13 04:22 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
    LarryShone Offline
    500 Post Club Member

I didn't "sign up" for anything.I just thought this was a bit of fun thing.
    Oh well..

#2055230 - 03/27/13 05:27 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: LarryShone]
    ClsscLib Offline

Oh well..

It's very much a fun thing. But the essence of the idea is you sign up (which I believe one could still do for this year) and commit to spend at least SOME time practicing the piano every day -- or else come to the thread, mention your omitted day, and receive pianabsolution.

Obviously, it's all about self-motivation through interaction with others making the same pledge and participating in the same process.

No one has to do it, of course, but that's what the thread is all about for those who care to participate.

**As best I understand it, of course!**

#2055400 - 03/27/13 11:34 PM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
    ClsscLib Offline

ClsscLib --- just let me know if you don't get in your dp time at the end of the day and I'll take care of it. Hope you manage - you've been doing well so far!

Larry, unfortunately twice in one day doesn't make up for missing a day. I'll update the list!
    Hope tomorrow is better for you!

Managed to get a half hour of serious practice in at the end of the day, so I'm still "pure" for 2013. Wish me luck on keeping that up -- I have a heavy business and family travel schedule for the next month.

Tonight, after my better half and I had "date night" out -- and after I had put in a long day of meetings downtown -- we capped the evening by getting his-and-hers matching traffic tickets. Don't ask. The only thing that could calm me down after that was a bit of piano playing...

#2055455 - 03/28/13 02:23 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: LarryShone]
    casinitaly Offline

Oh well..

You know, I didn't think you'd signed up - but then I just thought I'd missed your "I'm in " post! But when you posted a missed day I figured you wanted in. A reasonable mistake since no one posts here unless they do want to participate smile

ClsscLB has already done a nice job on explaining why we thing this is fun smile

ClsscLB: glad you got your piano time in! Too bad about the traffic tickets though frown Double whammy. Not fun!

#2055492 - 03/28/13 06:12 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
    LarryShone Offline
    500 Post Club Member

Sorry guys...

#2055506 - 03/28/13 07:14 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: LarryShone]
    casinitaly Offline

Sorry guys...

No need, it was just a little mix-up.

Hope you get to play today smile

#2055507 - 03/28/13 07:30 AM Re: MOYD 2013 [Re: casinitaly]
    LarryShone Offline
    500 Post Club Member

Sorry guys...

No need, it was just a little mix-up.

Hope you get to play today smile

I do too! I need to get on board with the video tutorial my work mate made for me!

Page 6 of 15 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
    What's Hot!!
    HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
    -------------------
    Sharing is Caring!
    About the Buttons
    -------------------
    Forums Rules & Help
    -------------------
    ADVERTISE
    on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
    -------------------
    PIANO BOOKS
    Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
    (ad) HAILUN Pianos
    Hailun Pianos - Click for More
    Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
    Seiler Pianos
    Sheet Music
    (PW is an affiliate)
    Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
    (125ad) Dampp Chaser
    Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
    (ad) Lindeblad Piano
    Lindeblad Piano Restoration
    Who's Online
    116 registered (accordeur, aesop, A Guy, ajames, 37 invisible), 1146 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Forum Stats
    75984 Members
    42 Forums
    157152 Topics
    2308035 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
    New Topics - Multiple Forums
    No one home?
    by ScottM
    Today at 08:05 PM
    Prokofiev's 5 piano concertos, live: Marinskij/Gergiev etc
    by fnork
    Today at 07:36 PM
    Has anyone here studied with S. Babayan
    by Serge Marinkovic
    Today at 07:05 PM
    Roland RD 800 Dust Cover
    by BarryDMD
    Today at 06:14 PM
    OT - Technical help for recording Silent feature to laptop
    by casinitaly
    Today at 05:13 PM
    (ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
    Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
    Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
    |
    Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
    | Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
    | |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
    No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission