2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
32 members (admodios, busa, Cominut, drumour, Foxtrot3, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, 6 invisible), 1,164 guests, and 273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2052828 03/23/13 06:36 AM
S
suniil Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you all for the feedback and criticism in the past. Now this is her 4th etude from Chopin studies and moved on to 10.5 last week. Daughter still has a lot to catch up with peers in her class, but dong okay at the moment.

As usual, I would be grateful if you can spend 2 minutes listening to this and give feedback / criticism.

PS. She has teacher, who is very open minded and happy to listen to feedback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZUwjrA2FAM

T
T
Brava! A great effort and performance. I know I'm certainly a little nervous to be performing this same piece in just over a month from now, and your daughter did quite well! She made through the piece, mistakes were minimal and unless someone knows what to listen for mostly unnoticeable.

She's got the technique fine, but I think that taking the etude slower [not for performance mind you, but for practice] and listening to the dynamic contrasts more would be beneficial for her. My favorite part of this study is the constant back and forth from P to F and back to P, and I felt like there could have been a greater dynamic contrast in the playing [although, at full speeds like this, dynamics are hard!] For me, as I've been studying this Etude lately, I've spent a lot of time playing at probably close to half the tempo your daughter was at in order to focus on shaping, accuracy, fluidity, and overall musicality of my playing.

Piano/Composition major.

Proud owner of a beautiful Yamaha C7.

Polish:
Liszt Petrarch Sonnet 104
Bach WTC book 1 no. 6.
Dello Joio Sonata no. 3

New:
Chopin op. 23
Bach WTC book 2 no. 20
D
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
D
Great job. I think though, she may have been the victim of adrenalin. I would suggest she concentrate on keeping a steady tempo. It might help to mark off the sections in this video where she had to slow down, and practice only those sections until they reach the same comfort level as the rest.

Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
This really is astounding playing for one so young. It does need some refining with respect to phrasing and dynamics, and a little more control of the tempo, as others have said.

As far as dynamics are concerned, what is lacking in this performance may be due, in part, to the venue and the recording equipment used; it comes across as being played at the same volume from start to finish, which may not have been the case in the actual performance.

Convincing performance, nevertheless!

Regards,

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190
H
6000 Post Club Member
Online Content
6000 Post Club Member
H
Good, very good indeed for such a young player.

Some practicing with the metronome, and keeping the right hand accompaniment softer when the left hand kicks in will make it even better.

Congratulations for her achievement, and please keep posting.

Thanks for sharing.

S
suniil Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you Damon / BruceD / Hakki for the feedback. Her teacher did echoed the same as you all mentioned (dynamics must be her fault / camcorder / non-familiar piano).

Many of you may not be realise, but the feedback from members like you are very important for her as it gives more confidence and make necessary improvements.

Thank you again.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission