Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#2067961 - 04/21/13 10:59 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: mattroilanh_tt]
rnaple Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014

Loc: Rocky Mountains
Originally Posted By: mattroilanh_tt

Can anyone recommend some pieces at my level? ^^

I like your musical ability. I can't say I know what I'm talking about. Canon in D has caught my interest. A masterpiece. Many different variations on it with piano. Some of these are lower level and some higher. I admit. There is only one piano variation I like. I think you have the musical ability to play this the way it is intended to be played.

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#2067983 - 04/21/13 11:44 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: rnaple]
mattroilanh_tt Offline

Can you send me the sheet of the version you like. Thank you ^^
  • Suzuki Piano School Volume 1 & 2

Start Date: 11/01/2013

#2068008 - 04/21/13 12:29 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
Teodor Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Bulgaria
A new recording. I haven't played this piece in such a long time. As usual the red dot got the better of me. I couldn't concentrate much. Please watch in high quality not in 360p, the sound is bad otherwise.

Recitals:

#2068011 - 04/21/13 12:38 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: mattroilanh_tt]
rnaple Offline

Originally Posted By: mattroilanh_tt
Can you send me the sheet of the version you like. Thank you ^^

I don't have the sheet on it yet. This is an opportunity to possibly find out from others which one this is? Might be common? I will...just a matter of time...I will...obsess over this.
I'll post a youtube. This is not me.

EDIT: You should listen also to the original. With violins. It is stunningly beautiful.

Edited by rnaple (04/21/13 12:53 PM)

#2068021 - 04/21/13 12:59 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Teodor]
ElleC Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Originally Posted By: Teodor
A new recording. I haven't played this piece in such a long time. As usual the red dot got the better of me. I couldn't concentrate much. Please watch in high quality not in 360p, the sound is bad

Beautiful performance Teodor and nice piano. You seemed relax in front of red dot. smile

Edited by ElleC (04/21/13 12:59 PM)

#2068052 - 04/21/13 02:02 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Teodor]
stumbler Offline

Loc: Toronto
Teodor - thanks, that was really nice.

#2068068 - 04/21/13 02:29 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Teodor]
peterws Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
Teodor

Excellent, man! Plenty o` atmosphere in that one and good harmonies et al . . . .well done you! Your piano and the room seem well suited.

""

#2068069 - 04/21/13 02:32 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: mattroilanh_tt]
stumbler Offline

mattroilanh_tt Pachelbel's Canon
There are a couple keyboard transcriptions available on IMSLP, but I am unsure of the difficuly level.

http://imslp.org/wiki/Canon_and_Gigue_in_D_major_%28Pachelbel,_Johann%29

look on the Arrangements and Transcriptions tab in the sheet music section.

-- edit --

In retrospect both have challenges. I'm not sure how useful this will be for you.

Edited by stumbler (04/21/13 02:53 PM)

#2068070 - 04/21/13 02:33 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: rnaple]
peterws Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

rnaple

This song is soooo way ahead of it`s time. By hundreds of years. It`s the basis for many popular music formats; one could imagine Rihanna singing it in some form or other . .

""

#2068254 - 04/21/13 09:20 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
earlofmar Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
Teodor - wonderful piece, inspirational to a poor old learner like me.

#2068259 - 04/21/13 09:35 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
mattroilanh_tt Offline

Teodor: Beautiful performance! Even I've heard this piece many time, I still find that your performance is very emotional, bring pleasant atmosphere...

Recoding could be better, I think.

#2068354 - 04/22/13 12:52 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
rnaple Offline

Teodor....That was really nice.

#2069012 - 04/23/13 12:34 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
Weiyan Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Hong Kong
mattroilanh: The greenleeves is very good. The Timing is very stable. The memory is well played. Do you play with pre-arranged music sheet? I would suggest you try to re-arrange it. For example, alter the left hand pattern, add fills and runs.
Allard: Tne Einaudi piece is very nice.
ElleC: The Burgmuller etude is very smooth. Musette is very nice.
Teodor: The Final Fantasy X is very nice.

#2069019 - 04/23/13 12:45 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
Weiyan Offline
500 Post Club Member

This is my another submission for April:

Morning from Music for Children,
S. Prolofiev

#2069105 - 04/23/13 04:04 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
Allard Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Teodor: To Zanarkand remains a favourite smile Do you play by ear? It sounds like the OST version, but you add your own ending flourish and don't go into the repeat (which deftly evades the hard part, hehe). I'd play it a bit slower so you can get a steadier tempo.

#2069112 - 04/23/13 04:28 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Weiyan]
mattroilanh_tt Offline

Originally Posted By: Weiyan
mattroilanh: The greenleeves is very good. The Timing is very stable. The memory is well played. Do you play with pre-arranged music sheet? I would suggest you try to re-arrange it. For example, alter the left hand pattern, add fills and runs.

Actually, I have never re-arranged the music sheet before. Maybe, it is above my current ability. I have to use pre-arranged sheet by someone else. I may re-arrange and/or play more difficult version when my music theory and piano technique improve ^^

#2069129 - 04/23/13 05:40 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Allard]
Teodor Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Allard
Teodor: To Zanarkand remains a favourite smile Do you play by ear? It sounds like the OST version, but you add your own ending flourish and don't go into the repeat (which deftly evades the hard part, hehe). I'd play it a bit slower so you can get a steadier tempo.

The tempo changes too much but that's just the way I felt it. I would play it differently each time I try depending on the mood. Sometimes I can't get into this piece at all other times it moves me a lot. This time I was somewhere in the middle between not caring and, "I have to record this on the grand piano"

I used the sheet music I have, it doesn't have a hard part. I know the version you talk about and I don't have the time to master that one. It would take months and it's not worth the time right now because I have to play a ton of other things which are not modern music, so this has no relation at all.

Edited by Teodor (04/23/13 05:43 AM)

Recitals:

#2069144 - 04/23/13 06:46 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
keystring Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
Teodor, I enjoyed the musicality of your playing. For selfish reasons my attention was caught by how you were playing. I remember some years ago you got off to a bad start, with injury to your hands that stopped you playing for a number of months. Here I see fluid, well coordinated movements. I'm at the beginning of that journey and still working a lot of things out with my teacher. At the time, did you work specifically on such things with your teacher? I remember you got a new one after those problems. It was a pleasure watching you, in addition to hearing.

#2069352 - 04/23/13 01:29 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
Teodor Offline
500 Post Club Member

Thank you for all the nice comments, I didn't expect so many. Thank you!!!

Recitals:

#2069764 - 04/24/13 04:51 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
Newman Offline
500 Post Club Member

Always a pleasure to hear you play Teodor

#2069898 - 04/24/13 10:55 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Weiyan]
stumbler Offline

Weiyan - Morning - you are accumulating quite a repertoire.

#2069916 - 04/24/13 11:15 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Newman]
Teodor Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Newman
Always a pleasure to hear you play Teodor

Thank you!

Recitals:

#2069937 - 04/24/13 11:46 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Weiyan]
ElleC Offline

Loc: NJ, USA

S. Prolofiev

Weiyan, I'm curious about your piano. Do you leave it exposed for recording?

#2069998 - 04/24/13 02:22 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Weiyan]
peterws Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Weiyan D`ya manage to play this from memory? I see no music; I see no music stand . . .

Edited by peterws (04/24/13 02:23 PM)

""

#2070158 - 04/24/13 06:43 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: peterws]
Newman Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: peterws
Weiyan D`ya manage to play this from memory? I see no music; I see no music stand . . .

Yes, he does it all from memory - pretty impressive.

#2070338 - 04/24/13 11:44 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: ElleC]
Weiyan Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: ElleC

S. Prolofiev

Weiyan, I'm curious about your piano. Do you leave it exposed for recording?

If possible, I like to practice without cover. Its more sensitive touch. The only reason to cover the piano is for the music stand. So when I remember the music and ready for recording, then practice without cover. Grand piano always play without cover.

#2071046 - 04/25/13 10:42 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
TheodorN Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Helsingborg, Sweden
Just popping in before the month spins to a close, to comment on the latest submissions. Unfortunately only going back to the last three and probably won't get an opportunity to do more listening, but keep up the good work folks.

Inlanding/Glenn, so much fun listening to your improvisation (Icy patch, if you've been serving more than one "drink" in this month's bar.) This is one kind of music I'd like to learn to play.

Teodor, beautiful playing.

Weiyan, impressive how you play your pieces from memory. Although it probably doesn't make any difference for the playing whether the piano is closed or open, I for one feel a piano looks a bit naked without the overbuild.

If I had the luxury to have the real thing (which I unfortunately don't and my circumstances don't allow it at the moment), I'd keep it closed. One thing I like about pianos is that, in addition to the beautiful sound they make, they also serve as pretty furniture.

http://www.youtube.com/user/thenorbass1

#2071096 - 04/25/13 11:35 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Liverpool, England
Teodor that was lovely. I have been so busy lately and regret I had not been keeping up with the posts and this thread. I shall make sure I follow the next piano bar as it is so nice to listen to everyone's playing.

"He who divines the secret of my music is delivered from the misery that haunts the world."

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#2071097 - 04/25/13 11:38 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: casinitaly]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: casinitaly

I had been hoping to put this piece in the March Piano bar, but as Saranoya just submitted it a short while ago, I thought I'd join in April's thread.
My version didn't have the trills written in, therefore I studied it without trills. That's how I recorded it. (I'll probably work on adding in the trills later, but it will take some training!)

I'd been having some difficulty getting recorded - and even just playing through without errors.... finally realized (with the help of others) that at least part of the problem was trying to speed up after having practised at a slower tempo.
So... I did a few takes, and though one was probably better in terms of no-flubs, this one has better dynamics and the flubs are not horrifying smile

I present my efforts on Handel's "Impertinence".

https://www.box.com/s/3asnxdooytlm44q2rfob

Well played casinitaly- didn't hear any flubs.

"He who divines the secret of my music is delivered from the misery that haunts the world."

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#2071103 - 04/25/13 11:45 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Newman]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Newman
Originally Posted By: peterws
Newman

Unique blend o` Lennon-McCartney. You`re an ole romantic at heart. Great song. Wish I`d wrote it meself . .. .the ending was enigmatic.

Yes, Neil Finn can be very Lennon-McCartney (probably why I like him). And yes, wish I'd written it too (or perhaps Don't Dream It's over, for the royalties. Ans yes, probably am an old romantic ... for me it's about melody.

Really like your voice and playing- better than most of today's recording "artists" in the pop charts!

Ludwig Van Beethoven

Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
157 registered (Alex-SapRenovation, accordeur, ajames, 49 invisible), 1724 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75515 Members
42 Forums
156156 Topics
2293215 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Best Keyboard/Piano 600 light up keys
by barabusm
3 minutes 14 seconds ago
July Concert Program - Performance Thread
by hreichgott
4 minutes 25 seconds ago
Recommend me a setup for jamming at home
by Gretel
5 minutes 20 seconds ago
Can You, Will You Help?
by Piano World
44 minutes 27 seconds ago
Embedded ads?
by Peyton
Today at 09:33 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission