Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
129 registered (accordeur, Auver, 44 invisible), 1530 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#2057498 - 03/31/13 06:42 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Jersey Shore
Saranoya the Burgmüller was so well done, I had previously worked on it but never was able to smooth it out. You played it beautifully.

BillM thanks for pulling this gem out. Haven't heard it in a long time. Your interpretation came out great.

Newman nice job, especially with the vocals. Everyone seems to be joining Bill...:)

SwissMS I really enjoyed this mellow piece...the Bechstein sounds great!

Amaruk great job as always...I like this piece too...you play so relaxed. Always an A for the video work.

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#2057501 - 03/31/13 06:48 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Video seems to work now...here is a short piece called Sunrise on the Harbor.

#2057506 - 03/31/13 07:23 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
Starr Keys Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: california
Newman -- Thank you for the welcoming me back to the Bar. If the complexity of my arrangement fettered my vocal, the simplicity of yours did just the opposite. It made it take flight. Lovely job!

Amaruk -- I am stunned by the depth of your artistry. I thought you played it much more soulfully than the arranger --I tried to find the arrangement at his site but only found the lead sheet. I love cinema and music and you weave them together beautifully. Keep weaving.

SwissMs -- I love the calm serenity of your selections and playing. I could always count on you to provide a fine auditory experience, but I'm so delighted that now I can actually see you giving it. Your piano and even the white glow of the Alps encircling you in its aura are just how I pictured them.

[Mark, sorry I missed you, will get you on the next batch]

#2057515 - 03/31/13 07:57 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
Amaruk Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: New England, USA
Starr Keys I think you Casio sounded great the way you played it here. Great playing and I really liked your arrangement. It is always great to hear you sing on your pieces like this. That is what makes this piano bar so special. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Wouter79 I never heard this piece before but I liked it and you play it great. It sounds like a quite difficult piece but you play it like it was super easy. Well done!!

slpianoproject Amazing is all I can say. The sound of your piano and the way you record it is top notch. Your playing is great and so is the way you use video to present your work. I really liked the split screen effects. Thanks for sharing!

Ladypayne I loved your Winnie the Pooh and Jesus I love Thee. Your arrangements work great this way!! Great playing and mixing it all together like this!!

Casinitaly Great job on this Handel piece. Flubs or not, it sounds great and I know that sometimes we put too high goals on ourselves so just enjoy your playing as you play really good!!

Saranoya That was absolutely wonderful!! I loved and I am sure that it sounded as great when you played it the day before during your recital. Well done and thanks for sharing!!

BillM I always enjoy your performances and when I saw that you were playing a cover of one of my all times favorites pieces, I got very excited. And you delivered as always!! I used to play this piece on piano eons ago but I never managed to capture the spirit of the song as you do in this performance. It is brilliant how you changed the sounds of your piano here. you got a magical piano that is for sure! Well done and thanks for sharing!!

Newman Another master piece from you Newman! Loved it! Is that your own arrangement? Well played and your voice is spot on as always!!

SwissMS That is a lovely piano you got!! Congratulations!!! It sounds great and you play this piece very well. I am looking forward to more videos from you with this fantastic piano. Thanks for sharing!!

Mark Great video with beautiful scenery that match this piece perfectly. Nice touch to end it with a fade to a picture of your piano. This piece is new to me but you play it great! Thanks for sharing!!

#2057543 - 03/31/13 08:55 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
Riddler Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Florida
My offering this month is a beautiful hymn-like piece called "Love Ballade". It sounds like something composed by Schubert or Bach, but it was actually written and performed by Oscar Peterson. I am playing from the published score.

Love Ballade

Ed

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

#2057575 - 03/31/13 10:35 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
Elssa Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: NY
Starr Keys ~ You have such a melodious voice, and I'm always so impressed with your intricate creative accompaniment, as well. thumb

Bill ~ That was a great lovely arrangement, and I really love the Roland organ setting sound.. One of my favorite all-time songs smile

Well, here's a little tribute to my sweet kitty, Gwen (AKA Gueneviere), who passed over the Rainbow Bridge at age 18 recently. She always sat by me on the piano bench cushion, sometimes playing an ending note or two, and I'll miss her forever but am very grateful for our time together. :-)

MEMORY

#2057639 - 04/01/13 03:29 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
Newman Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
Casinitaly’s comment about a ‘challenge’ got me thinking.

I’m about two weeks shy of having had my piano for two years. Which means I’ve been self teaching/ learning how to play it for two years now.

So I set myself a challenge for today, Easter Monday my time, to play Michelle as below. When I started out I said I didn’t need to learn how to play melody in the RH as I was only interested in vocal accompaniment.

Well, today, after about 4 hours of constant practice (with breaks) I got to do this and am pretty pleased with it.

Michelle
(instr)

#2057650 - 04/01/13 04:59 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: wouter79]
LarryShone Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Darlington, UK
Originally Posted By: wouter79
Here's my contribution for the April piano bar!

http://www.pianoworld.com/Uploads/files/moissoneurs.mp3

This is Couperin, Les Moissoneurs (the reapers) from the Septieme Ordre

I like that, it sounds almost like a harpsichord or an early piano!

Yamaha PSR225-I NEED A PIANO wink

#2057668 - 04/01/13 07:30 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: LarryShone]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
Mark...- Sunrise. You gave this a very impressionistic feeling, freely played. The video accompaniment worked very well. Very nice!

Riddler - The ballade is a very beautiful piece. I like your balance between with hands with a subdued accompaniment and a singing melody.

Elssa - Sorry to hear about your kitty. It is so hard to lose a pet. Memory is a fitting tribute, and you gave it a rich, full arrangement. Very nice!

Newman - Nice job on the instrumental version. You had me humming along.

European Piano Party July 4, 2015 in Switzerland!

#2057681 - 04/01/13 08:03 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Amaruk: That was really a pleasure to listen to -and to watch! I think you're very clever to have put that video together and it makes a charming backdrop to the music!

Mark... Even without the video I believe my mental image of the music would have matched the brilliant sunrise and the more subtle wave shots.

Ed - that was hypnotically soothing - what a relaxing piece. A bit of trivia to perhaps take some of the surprise out of this type of music coming from one of our jazz icons....One of Oscar Peterson's first teachers was the student of a student of Liszt - (Peterson - Paul de Marky - Istvan Thoman - Liszt!)

Elssa - I love watching your hands move on the keys - and the music you make. Condolences on the loss of your Gwen -- I haven't had a pet for a very long time, but I remember how hard it is to lose one.

Newman-- I liked the instrumental version! Now you can make a recording with vocals mixed with instrumentals! woohoo!

#2057703 - 04/01/13 09:45 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
LarryShone Offline
500 Post Club Member

Very nice Sunrise piece Mark

Elssa, nice tribute!

#2057709 - 04/01/13 09:54 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
ElleC Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
I'm still getting to know this forum so please pardon me. So is this where we share current pieces we are working on?

I have yet to listen to everyone's work but wow...how inspiring. So glad I found this forum. I'm excited to listen to other adult beginners.

#2057712 - 04/01/13 10:06 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
casinitaly Offline

Hello ElleC,

The piano bar is a monthly collection of submissions that folks want to share. You can post as often as you like.

We also have virtual recitals here in the Adult Beginner Forum (ABF) where you make one submission. These recitals open for submission on the first of February, May, August and November and the recital goes "live" - up for listening, on the 15th of those months.

There is also a relatively new development called "Themed recitals" which todate have presented us with a collection of Philip Glass, Erik Satie, and ..coming soon - Mendelssohn's Songs Without Words.
For these, a theme is suggested, the pieces listed and you "sign up" for one (or more) of the pieces.

In all of these venues you will hear folks with different amounts of experience performing. The term adult beginner is one that is often questioned ---it is a pretty lose description because some of the "beginners" here have now been playing for 10 years or so as adults. Some played as kids - and then came back after 20, 30 or more years, so really "re-starting" rather than starting from zero.
However, the ABFers are such a friendly bunch no-one wants to move off to a different forum!

#2057751 - 04/01/13 11:41 AM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
peterws Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Northern England.
Slow down, guys! I can`t keep up . . .yer like the checkout girl who`s shovin` stuff your way faster than ya can pack `em . . . dammit, I`ve got nothing to present yet either! . . .back to the piano . . .

""

#2057818 - 04/01/13 02:26 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
Augustina Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I put this piece a month or so ago in the piano bar when I first discovered it. So here is the final version of it that I played for my midterm last week:). There are still a few mistakes, and I rushed parts of it.
Also it is a little long and repeats itself a lot so I took out a page or two.
Sorry for the background noise... I recorded it in the orchestra room at work with my cell phone...

The approaching night by philip wesley

https://www.box.com/s/ryya95k6vw5mpcbceprt

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spot1530

#2057823 - 04/01/13 02:42 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: casinitaly]
LarryShone Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: casinitaly
Some played as kids - and then came back after 20, 30 or more years, so really "re-starting" rather than starting from zero.

Yup, thats me!! Although Ive never had a piano myself...yet.

#2057839 - 04/01/13 03:08 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
Teodor Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Bulgaria
This could be useful if one was to include it in some sort of improvisation. Just playing around with the whole tone scale. I love how it sounds.

Recitals:

#2057905 - 04/01/13 04:50 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: casinitaly]
ElleC Offline

ahh gotcha...thanks casinitaly!

in that case, here's my first contribution. This is the first Sonatina my teacher has me playing. It's got a long way to go but I'm just glad the speed is getting better.

https://www.box.com/s/z1p0veso3p4ogd40reyq

Originally Posted By: casinitaly
Hello ElleC,

The piano bar is a monthly collection of submissions that folks want to share. You can post as often as you like.

#2057925 - 04/01/13 05:14 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Newman]
BillM Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maryland
Newman - I listened to both of your Michelles' and must say I prefer the vocal version. That probably doesn't mean much as I almost always prefer vocal music to instrumental music. Aside from that preference I think your vocal version was more relaxed and more interesting although I didn't quite get the Soul Train reference and I'm very familiar with Soul Train. Good job on both.
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes

#2057934 - 04/01/13 05:19 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: SwissMS]
BillM Offline
1000 Post Club Member

SwissMS - This is a wonderful effort. Your piano has a warm, rich tone that brings out the nuances of your excellent piano work.

#2057937 - 04/01/13 05:26 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Amaruk]
BillM Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Amaruk - Your talent and creativity know no bounds. I was absolutely blown away by your video. You Da Man!

#2057939 - 04/01/13 05:30 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Mark...]
BillM Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Mark... Loved the video and you fine piano performance. This piece fits the video perfectly. Did you pick the piece to fit the video or vice versa?

#2057945 - 04/01/13 05:36 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Riddler]
BillM Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Riddler - It does have sort of a classical feel to it, especially at the beginning. I like the way you give a strong emphasis to the lovely melody on this - while it is a love ballad you infused some power into your performance. Nice

#2057948 - 04/01/13 05:42 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Elssa]
BillM Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Elssa - I am so sorry for your loss. I had seen Gwen perform here in the Piano Bar and I am saddened by her passing. The ending to this beautiful tribue video is bitter sweet.

#2057953 - 04/01/13 05:48 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: ElleC]
BillM Offline
1000 Post Club Member

ElleC - this is a fine effort. You do a good job of maintaining the tempo and the performance is energetic and precise. Nice first post!!

#2057967 - 04/01/13 06:01 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
casinitaly Offline

Augustina, that's a lovely piece. It is quite a long piece too, (and you eliminated some!!!) --it must be a challenge to play. I particularly liked the brilliant little bits at the 3 minute mark and in the last minute. It sounds like it would be suitable for a film - something in the woods, with a rippling stream.

ElleC -- I'm blown away by what you can do after 3 months of piano!!! Complimenti!

#2057973 - 04/01/13 06:11 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: casinitaly]
ElleC Offline

Thank you Bill and casinitaly. i have so much to learn but I'm really enjoying the pieces I'm able to play in 3 months with no prior experience. I thought I'd be playing twinkle twinkle little star at my first recital last weekend! Thank you again... but of course, constructive criticism is always appreciated.

#2057991 - 04/01/13 06:53 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
Starr Keys Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: california
Mark Love the piece and how you used it to score your cinematic video. It reminded me of a sequence from a great silent screen classic, but updated with modern technology. I loved how toward the end your piano seemed to be outdoors with the landscape reflected on its innards and the the blue sky touching its outer skin.

Riddler I had no idea Oscar Peterson was such a classicist! I have to get some of the transcripts of his performance of standards based on this performance, as I love classically influenced cocktail music and hope to play it as well as you someday.

Edited by Starr Keys (04/01/13 06:54 PM)

#2058004 - 04/01/13 07:29 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: BillM]
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: BillM
Mark... Loved the video and you fine piano performance. This piece fits the video perfectly. Did you pick the piece to fit the video or vice versa?

Thanks Bill...I've been working on the piece for a while and hunted You tube for the video after the fact.

#2058008 - 04/01/13 07:35 PM Re: April Piano Bar (Before April 1 and No Fool'n!) [Re: Starr Keys]
Codi Offline

Loc: Banksoda muddy river, Missouri...
This is beautiful work by everyone! All played so smooth, and so amazing! I feel bad that I can only bang on these keys, nothing sounds soft on this piano but I love it anyway. I think I will do my next contribution on my 'soft' cable nelson.

I got a Disney book from eBay last week and picked the shortest song, so here is all I have :

Edited by Codi (04/01/13 07:36 PM)

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Best Way to Clean Keys on an Acoustic?
by newbert
11/24/14 07:51 PM
Interesting Thesis comparing popular methods
by kcoul058
11/24/14 07:30 PM
As a teacher would this irritate you?
by pianosNpreschooler
11/24/14 07:13 PM
What do you play for?
by findingnemo2010
11/24/14 07:07 PM
Nonflammable action lubricant
by showard
11/24/14 06:05 PM
Forum Stats
77031 Members
42 Forums
159326 Topics
2340411 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission