Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 12 of 17 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 16 17 >
Topic Options
#2101644 - 06/12/13 06:49 PM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Cmin]
Marco M Offline

Loc: Europe
Whenever I sensed a G action, it never felt high quality like a PHA-III as mounted to a HP-505. It even felt different from instrument to instrument it was mounted to, an it always felt wobbly. Nothing I could get warm with, not even as a raw beginner. My HP-505, having what Roland markets as PHA-III, feels very light and also mature, solid and reliable, attributes I couldn┬┤t give the G action.
You may want to argue, that the keys physically are identical ones, and that it's only about the electronics in the more expensive Rolands to give more reliable feedback to the player, and therefore there would arise a difference in the feel. Who cares? G action does not feel as good as PHA-III and that's in my opinion the important thing. You now might want to argue that this feedback thing is only valid if playing the G or PHA-III with the build-in Roland SN piano sound. Of course, as long as the instrument is marketed as a Roland digital piano and not as a MIDI controller keyboard!
If somebody┬┤s purchase decision is not limited by the price only, I then would always recommended to not go for G action and better seriously check if PHA-III, or the one on the Yamaha 440 or the one on a Kawai CA-65 are the better candidates for you.
before playing Drums in adults bluesband on handpicked set; before crashing E-Guitar in kids garage band; raised on home entertainment Organ and Keyboard models Eminent Solina P240, Farfisa Maharani 259R, Technics KN800, and on Mouth Organ, Recorder and Accordion

(ads) Sweetwater / PR /Roland
Kawai Superb Stage Piano and Controller

Pearl River World's Best Selling Piano

Click Here

#2101650 - 06/12/13 06:56 PM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Cmin]
voxpops Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Oregon
Marco, it's not just to do with sound, the Ivory-feel G is constructed differently from PHAIII. It has a shallower depth (front to back), and therefore there is less distance from the visible back of keys to the pivot point, meaning that it becomes noticeably harder to play the further back your fingers are.

https://soundcloud.com/richards-recordings/sets/strange-charm-waiting-for-the/s-ppGuy

"can hardly wait to hear what voxpox has to say..."
[HisKidd, May 2014]

#2101667 - 06/12/13 07:26 PM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Cmin]
gvfarns Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pennsylvania
Yeah, I don't consider myself a Roland expert but just this week I spent some time in a Roland shop going back and forth between the FP7F (PHAIII) and RD300NX (Ivory-G). There's definitely a difference in the action that is noticeable with and without the sounds connected. I liked PHAIII more, although it does have a certain lack of stuff going on while the key is in motion. Not a big fan of the Ivory-G from what I've felt. Not horrible, but not impressive either.

#2101671 - 06/12/13 07:38 PM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: gvfarns]
anotherscott Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: gvfarns
Yeah, I don't consider myself a Roland expert but just this week I spent some time in a Roland shop going back and forth between the FP7F (PHAIII) and RD300NX (Ivory-G). There's definitely a difference in the action that is noticeable with and without the sounds connected.

Yes, they are entirely different. The FP7F is a lighter, quicker action. The FP4F is sluggish. Also, it is difficult to do a thumbnail gliss on the 4F. If the 4F felt like the 7F, I'd have bought one. Couldn't deal with the travel weight of the 7F, though.

#2102496 - 06/14/13 01:26 PM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Cmin]
croberts Offline

I have a stupid question and it could be my computer setup but I never had an issue with my Yamaha P155. So I just want to make some recordings from my FP80 to my laptop. I previously used Audacity without any issues, using the line out on the keyboard to mic in on my laptop and just record the sound and adjust the sound levels to suit.

On my FP80 it doesn't seem to work, I end up with a very distorted sound and no sustain between notes, it's as if there is a low filter on. So what is the secret I am missing? Whats the best way to easily make a recording? I'm not looking for studio quality, just better than using a camera to record the audio.

Thanks for any tips,

Chris

#2102544 - 06/14/13 03:10 PM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Cmin]
Hookxs Offline

Loc: Czech Republic
Record to USB flah drive as audio .wav file will surely be the best way.

#2102576 - 06/14/13 05:35 PM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Cmin]
croberts Offline

Perfect I'll give it a shot, I knew there was a much easier way.

Thanks

#2104519 - 06/18/13 05:03 PM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Cmin]
Iluvatar Offline

Loc: Poland
Hello everyone,

I'm going to buy a new digital piano.
I have visited two shops in London in last two weeks.
Fortunately there were all pianos I was interested in at that store.
First I tried Roland FP-50. It was pretty nice. Big improvement after Roland FP-4 that I owned few years ago. Sounds are good, piano edition is very nice and it really works (especially I love Damper Resonance feature). I will write few words about keyboard at the end (Ivory Feel-G).

Next one was FP-80. The same sounds, easier edition of features thanks to better display, much better speakers, but nothing special at all. I was testing those pianos generally with my headphones and some speakers in store.

I was always dreaming about RD700NX and I have to tell you that this one is amazing.
Piano sounds are much better than in FP50/80. Especially I love BrilliantGrand.
I was almost sure to choose FP-50, but when I have tried RD700NX... there is only one choice. It's much more money than I was going to spend, but it is really worth.
But I'm not going to write about RD700NX, it's not that topic.

Few words about key action, because that is important.
First I liked Ivory Feel-G on FP-50. I was playing on it over one hour. But when I tried Ivory Feel-S then I was almost unable to come back to FP-50.
Difference is very big. PHAIII is much faster, more comfortable, it just feels better.
Feel-G is just slow, a bit heavier.

I hope it will be useful.
Of course you have to always try by yourself, because everyone likes different things. Sounds are the matter of taste, key-action somehow too.

I visited another shop, opposite to the first one. I was testing there Nord Piano 2 and Kurzweil PC3K8 (salesman asked me to test them, I wasn't even planning to try those ones).
Nord Piano 2 was complete dissapointment. Keyaction was like in FP-4 or worse, piano sounds were terrible if you take price into consideration. I was trying all piano sounds, all settings were default, I tried to improve something but it was even worse. I don't know why does it cost so much money. Electric piano sounds were very good by the way.

I know that PC3K8 is different kind of equipment, but it was very good experience to try that one. Sounds in my humble opinion were better then in Nord Piano 2, but not as good as pianos on Rolands.
I'm not any Roland-maniac wink I spent many hours playing at those pianos and Rolands are the best for piano playing. And RD700NX.... ahh wink

The only disadvantage of RD700NX and FP-80 is weight. But I don't intend to travel with RD700NX, maybe 2-3 times per year.
I hope I will be able to purchase till the end of June smile

Edited by Iluvatar (06/18/13 05:07 PM)

#2118808 - 07/16/13 10:28 PM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Cmin]
free thinker Offline

Hi I'm new to mics. Does anyone know the best type of mic mostly for instruments but also for voice that can be used with the fp 80?

#2123194 - 07/26/13 08:25 AM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Cmin]
Petro Offline

Loc: North Land
A day passed with my FP-80. Just a story:

I've spent hours in a shop trying to compare dozens of keys in action. All of them - Kawai, Korg, Yamaha, Roland, Casio (Yes, these days Casio keys are absolutely comparable, do you believe it or not). After some blind and deaf tests (I mean I've tried them first without turning on) I definitely decided the winner - it was the PHA-III keybed on Roland HP-507 piano. But, there was no FP-80 in the music store, so I couldn't try it. As far as I needed a stage piano, I've been just reading reviews (thanks to all the people on this forum especially) and listening all the demos ever.

The other hours I have spent trying to reveal the big Roland's secret - what on earth is the difference between PHA-III in the upper RD model and Ivory Feel-S introduced in the FP-80/FP-7F?
There have been two opinions found here and on some other resources -
1. They are almost the Same apart from the 'S' which stands for Single or Solid plastic piece used for the keys production.
2. The -S is the cheaper Step back from the full version of PHA-III.
But I haven't found any reasons or explanations for the latter allegation. Official eulogistic descriptions look similar but with some dim tints.

The high knobs and lots of buttons all over of the RD desk wouldn't give me an ability to put my Kronos directly on the FP-80 body while on stage (with some additional back holders support). It is just much more convenient to handle both keyboards closer to each other- it looks like a double-level organ then so can be played simultaneously. Moreover, I'd like to have some backing comps for my home jazz exercises, and the programmable chords progression is a really nice feature BTW.
So,, considering all above I bought the FP-80 and forgot about the more expensive RD-700NX, which is the the only sincere stage piano, though...

...And some impressions:.

After touching the keys I immediately said - YES, the -S version IS different! It is not bad at all however and it IS as fast as the PHA-III, which is the main advantage of the PHA-III I think. But, due to the material on bottom or any other reason the feeling is different, it's better to accept it peacefully. The Roland's secret is still covered up deep inside.

Another PROS:
* The sound is good - didn't expect this! SuperNatural can be really more expressive in nuances than a sampled piano&EP sound. There are lots of settings and presets resonances of various sounds.
Think I will now be using both, the sampled piano from my Kronos and Roland SN, mixed in someway, depending on the music of course.
* Easy in interface. Get the same setup position where you left the last time. It is possible to save the current configuration and store up to 25 different configurations of custom sets. You can create your own grand.
* The triple pedal (bought separately) operates as a real one. Sostenuto function allows you to pinch certain notes. Damper works as gauge - can be smoothly stop the sound, making the half damping. The very old notes with low torque stop, the new music with strong momentum weakened - the behavior like a real work of physical strings.
* Metal body. This is of course a minus for the sound, but a plus for reliability. And considering that the built phones will never give you a normal sound, just connect it to any good external system, so the plus is much more important than the minus.

CONS found so far:
* Too bright LEDs. In a dark home room , they will make you blind. When you enter the settings, they are persistently flashing. This is the most annoying, because it is convenient to play even in the Setup position. It would be nice to have an option to disable these tedious LEDs but to have brighter titles for them. Maybe I'll become used to them later on just remembering their in place...
* Built-in sound system is certainly not capable of delivering decent sound, due to size limitations. Two additional speakers on the sides of the keyboard do not change the picture much better. I would say it should not have to show off and wasting time on the development and promotion of that Acoustic Projection (so proud, fingers fan - 4 speakers, what's new in them?), and it would be better instead made a volume option slider or on/off button for them.

Bottom line: Take a pair of good monitors and... No regret so far.

Edited by Petro (07/26/13 12:05 PM)

#2123250 - 07/26/13 10:57 AM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Cmin]
Kawai James Online   content
8000 Post Club Member

Loc: Hamamatsu, Japan
Petro, congrats on the purchase of your FP-80.

Just out of interest, where are you located, and which Kawai instruments were you able to try?

Kind regards,
James
x

"Richard, none of us could forget you have a CLP-990." - EssBrace, 2014

#2123306 - 07/26/13 12:28 PM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Kawai James]
Petro Offline

Thank you James! Kawai employee, who is a fan of Nord Electro? ))) Good for you ))) I work in Europe and the shop where I was testing was in Germany.

The Kawai's I tested were MP10 and ES-7 of course. As I might see they represent the most actual mechanics - RH2 and RH3?
I liked them both BTW, moreover I can say they even felt closer to acoustic keys, but the PHA-III appeared a bit faster in one note shakes and more a... say viscous in specific jazz thirds-mordents and accents. That was the main point of testing.

Edited by Petro (07/26/13 02:47 PM)

#2123381 - 07/26/13 03:33 PM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: free thinker]
mdp92 Offline

Loc: Barcelona
Originally Posted By: free thinker
Hi I'm new to mics. Does anyone know the best type of mic mostly for instruments but also for voice that can be used with the fp 80?

For the FP-80 you'll need a dynamic mic, or a battery-powered condenser. You'll likely need a cable with an XLR connector for the mic and a 1/4" output for the keyboard. The Shure SM-58, and its more affordable versions from other makers, is very popular for live gigs. It works fine with vocals and instruments, as long as it's close to the sound source.

#2123471 - 07/26/13 06:49 PM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Petro]
8000 Post Club Member

Thanks for the clarification Petro!

Cheers,
James
x

#2124960 - 07/29/13 06:38 PM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Cmin]
Anjru Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Hi. I'm new here. I've been dp shopping for awhile now. Glad I found this site! Currently I'm playing an older yamaha, a dgx505. It was pretty good when I got it for where I was as a player. Now I'm wanting something better. I think I've got it narrowed down to between an fp80 and a kawaii es7. I'm in the states. Kraft music here has some good bundled packages and will even tweak their bundles depending on what you're looking for. Though I've plagued their sales guy with so many questions he may be getting a bit tired of me. Actually, I'm in California, in l.a. Not a lot of choice with piano stores. Sam ash, guitar center, and a couple of acoustic places that have a few digitals. No one has the fp80. One of the acoustic places says he'll be getting an es7 in the next few days, though. We'll see. Either of those of course will be a great step up from what I've got now. Still, I've got some questions.

I've read here about some sort of metallic, or a keening sound on rolands on some of the keys. Is this true for the fp80, then? Does roland consider it their defect, enough that they'll switch out a piano with that problem for a new one without? I got the feeling from one of the posts here that they're saying they did that on purpose to mimic harmonic overtones in acoustics though?

I was thinking I'd get studio monitors to hook up either the roland or the kawai to. But I live in a condo. Maybe with their on board speakers monitors aren't necessary. Would I notice much difference, do you think?

The es7 has about 30 sounds. The roland about 300. They're at the same price point. The es7 has better polyphony and a little quieter keyboard, plays mp3s. Kind of makes me wonder what gives. I mean I know they sample each note individually. But from the discussions I've seen here, their sound isn't that much noticeably better. ?

Then, kawaii has the mp6 with a boatload of sounds. But when they go to their mp10, a more expensive product, they have fewer sounds again. What's up with that?

Maybe I should have started another thread for this. But I figured there are already so many posts here about so many different aspects of the FPs, 12 pages! that tacking my questions on here might actually get me better air play.

Thanks all. :-)

#2124977 - 07/29/13 07:24 PM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Anjru]
xorbe Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Mt View, CA
Originally Posted By: Anjru
The es7 has about 30 sounds. The roland about 300. They're at the same price point. The es7 has better polyphony and a little quieter keyboard, plays mp3s. Kind of makes me wonder what gives. I mean I know they sample each note individually. But from the discussions I've seen here, their sound isn't that much noticeably better. ?

Then, kawaii has the mp6 with a boatload of sounds. But when they go to their mp10, a more expensive product, they have fewer sounds again. What's up with that?

Wait until you compare the $2599 CP5 and the $4999 CP1 and see how many more sounds the CP5 has!

The more expensive DP usually has some extra parameters or extra features related to piano, and less focus on unrelated sounds. In the case of the CP1, it at least has an extra piano layer, support for 3 pedals, and an extra piano patch (not sure about parameters or other items).

Get your hands on them (FP80 key bed substitutes: FP7F or RD700NX). ES7 and FP80 are both fine boards, and it'll come down to your personal preferences.

#2124992 - 07/29/13 08:13 PM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Cmin]
8000 Post Club Member

Yes, to echo xorbe's sentiments, it's essential that you play these instruments for yourself, rather than relying too much on specification table comparisons.

As for digital piano dealers in LA, I would recommend Pierre's Fine Pianos - they should have a good selection of Kawai and Roland boards available to play-test.

Kind regards,
James
x

#2125096 - 07/30/13 01:05 AM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Cmin]
Anjru Offline

Already been to Pierre's. he's the one supposedly getting an es7. He doesn't have any Roland's in stock. Doesn't really like carrying them as he says they don't sell well. Maybe because Both guitar center and Sam ash carry roland. Yes, it'd be nice to play them myself. But short if buying them and playing them for a few weeks before returning them, or flying where, to the other side of the country where they're in stock?, it ain't gonna happen. Already tried the 700nx. And a kawaii or two. Actions seem fine. Still concerned about the possible keening in the roland. Whether ill really benefit from studio monitors, ...

#2125106 - 07/30/13 01:32 AM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Anjru]
Dave Ferris Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Glendale, Ca.
Pierre's a good friend and yes these days he's not so enamored with the Rolands. I wanted to try both the FP-80 & 50 but he won't be stocking them. Oh well, looks like I'll have to buy his rental Fazioli 278 he always has sitting in the store instead.. grin

Seriously though, I think he's the best source for anything "Kawai", especially electronic keyboards, in LA.

Edited by Dave Ferris (07/30/13 01:51 AM)
Edit Reason: added thought

2005 NY Steinway D, Yamaha CP5, CP4, Nord Piano 2
RCF TT08A & TT22A speakers

#2125142 - 07/30/13 05:05 AM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Anjru]
Petro Offline

Still concerned about the possible keening in the roland. Whether ill really benefit from studio monitors, ...
You will for sure. IMO Any monitor priced even $100 will do much better for ANY ear than ANY of the built-in speakers, Kawai, Roland or whatever.

So, when you choose in a store it's better to try keys being connected to the same or similar externals. As for the Roland people often compare built-in's on a FP-XX with RD700NX connected to pro Studio's and then decide they are much different in sound,... but they are not in fact.

Edited by Petro (07/30/13 05:13 PM)

#2125481 - 07/30/13 06:34 PM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Cmin]
Anjru Offline

I was thinking more of the gold encrusted bosendorfer.

Fp80, any more word on the keening problems in some Rolands?

The local guitar center's 700nx had the problem at Db above middle C. But the 300 right next to it had no such problem.

#2125917 - 07/31/13 02:37 PM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Anjru]
Anjru Offline

Aha! Some success. Pierre's got the es7 in today and its set up. So I can go try it. And as it turns out, roland is here in Los Angeles. So I can go in to their offices to try out the fp80. :-)

#2125926 - 07/31/13 02:50 PM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Cmin]
voxpops Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Oregon
I look forward to hearing your opinions on both models, Anjru.

As a side note, I'm finding the FP-50 to be a good all-rounder in the lower middleweight category. For those who worry about the SN metallic twang, yes it's there (particularly the Db an octave above middle-C), but only when keys are struck with considerable force. The overall tone and playability is as good as you're going to get in that price/weight class, IMO. As stated before, it could use better speakers, but when routed through my HS80Ms it sounds very good indeed. Compromises are there aplenty, but not, it seems, in the SN AP sound.

https://soundcloud.com/richards-recordings/sets/strange-charm-waiting-for-the/s-ppGuy

"can hardly wait to hear what voxpox has to say..."
[HisKidd, May 2014]

#2126012 - 07/31/13 05:23 PM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Cmin]
8000 Post Club Member

Anjru, good stuff!

Incidentally, the Kawai America offices are around 20 minutes away from Roland...

Cheers,
James
x

#2128861 - 08/06/13 09:23 AM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Cmin]
Cmin Offline

Loc: Swabia
For those who are interested Roland has posted some sound previews here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FP-80, HP 3000s, synths, guitars, mics, MBP, interfaces, Voicelive 2, ableton, Pianoteq, nubert A-200 active monitors

#2132220 - 08/13/13 11:15 AM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Cmin]
Anjru Offline

Been a bit delayed in responding back after having tried both the es7 and the fp80. My overall is that I like both. The action is quieter on the roland, while the piano sound on the roland has the metallic overtone. I like that roland has many more sounds. But there are so many more it's overkill. Between the two, I'd probably go for the roland since I like the sounds and think I could get used to the overtones.

Now I'm wondering about kawai's mp6. More sounds, but not so many. Maybe no metallic overtones?, quieter action. No on board speakers. But since I'm planning on getting studio monitors anyway... So it looks like I'll need to schedule a visit to kawai's offices to test it out.

I almost feel that by the time I make up my mind there'll be another iteration of dps released. The fp just came out, the mp6 was a couple years ago...

#2132232 - 08/13/13 11:40 AM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Anjru]
toddy Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Portugal
The action is quieter on the roland

Are you sure? - the Roland is pretty noisy mechanically and makes a thump when it hits the key bed. I personally like the hard bottoming out - you know where you are with it - but it IS noisy.

Regarding the metallic overtones - yes, that's true, especially around A above middle C (c.440Hz). It only does this at FF levels, though and on the FP80 you can reduce that by lowering the duplex setting in 'piano designer'. In any case, I actually like the twangy sound for the most part. The overall harmonic additions are well modeled into the sound and are quite realistic (no looping effects - more of a prolonged shimmer).

Edited by toddy (08/13/13 11:41 AM)

Reaper / NI Komplete 9 /Kontakt 5// EWQL Sym Choirs/ Sym Orchestra Silver/ MOR2
Mics: SP B1 & MXL V67g/ Alesis MicTube Preamp/ Xenyx302/ Yamaha HS7s .

"Only a fool is fooled" pv88, All Fools' Day 2014.

#2132257 - 08/13/13 12:41 PM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: toddy]
enzo.sandrolini Offline

Loc: Europe - France
About the noisy keybed of the roland,
what does anjru say do not surprise me
i formerly owned a HP307, and it was quite noisy with hard bottom out
with the FP80, I really have the impression that is completly different: no oisy at all, and no more the hard (or less) bottom out
But, I have not made a side by side comparison...

#2132295 - 08/13/13 01:56 PM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: Cmin]
gvfarns Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pennsylvania
Part of the noise depends on the action, but part of it is also related to the physical construction and weight of the board (whether it resonates, etc.). As a rule I consider Rolands louder (also it's a higher pitched thump) but I could imagine it going the other way for specific models.

Edited by gvfarns (08/13/13 01:56 PM)

#2132537 - 08/13/13 10:19 PM Re: All about Roland FP-80 & FP-50!!! [Re: toddy]
cabi Offline

Loc: Brazil
I agree about metalic sound around A above middle C in the FP 80, but not with headphones.In this case the piano sound is wonderfull and with external speakers similar RD 700 NX . The FP 80 action is quieter, few heavier than Kawai Es7. Very good action.

Page 12 of 17 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 16 17 >

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
144 registered (accordeur, aesop, A Guy, 45 invisible), 1670 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75579 Members
42 Forums
156268 Topics
2294960 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Opinions on Roland F130R
by Laerai
07/29/14 08:00 PM
M-Audio Oxygen 88 vs. StudioLogic Numa Compact
by snapdragon
07/29/14 07:02 PM
Sheet Music Retainers
by MargaretUK
07/29/14 05:20 PM
piano contest
by wkurashima
07/29/14 04:47 PM
piano contest Clavinova
by wkurashima
07/29/14 04:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission