Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#2060985 - 04/07/13 08:07 PM Re: Your preference of DP piano sound from various brands. [Re: pianoworldanon]
anotherscott Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: pianoworldanon
If you've read the who wiki, you'll learn that the NOR was used so that it doesn't have to update the whole page, instead, it could be accessed ramdonly, but it doesn't mean anything in regards to speed.

WRITE speed is dramatically different between the two kinds of flash. I only mentioned it as a possible answer to your complaint about flash write speed in the Casio, that it doesn't necessarily mean they are using substandard or "old stock" as you suggested.

This thread is about sound quality, not reliability. If you want to talk about reliability, there's another thread I made.

I've already posted my answers to your question about sound quality. My comments on reliability were in response to your comments elsewhere in this same thread. ("There's so many software issues with it that it makes my stomach churn" and "issue is back to reliabilty"). If you didn't want anyone to talk about reliability in this thread, maybe you shouldn't have brought it up.

(ads) Sweetwater / PR /Roland
Your Next Keyboard is at Sweetwater

Pearl River World's Best Selling Piano

Click Here

#2061015 - 04/07/13 09:10 PM Re: Your preference of DP piano sound from various brands. [Re: pianoworldanon]
pianoworldanon Offline

Fine, anything but a Casio in terms of sound and reliability.

#2061129 - 04/08/13 03:21 AM Re: Your preference of DP piano sound from various brands. [Re: pianoworldanon]
PtJaa Offline

Loc: Czech Republic
I bought the Casio online after good reviews, but I regretted the purchase not only due to the muffled sound but also other reasons too.

My theory is that maybe companies that produces Acoustic Grand Pianos or licenses the sound from these well known acoustic pianos give better sound? I don't think Casio makes acoustic pianos and thus the difference in quality of sound.

Did you listen to Casio through good quality headphones or monitors? (Amateur Jerry already asked this, but you didn't answer.)
Did you listen to Yamaha and Kawai, which in your opinion produce better sound, using the SAME headphones or monitors?

Casio allegedly uses Steinway samples in their digital pianos (I wasn't able to quickly find a proof though). It's up to personal preference whether Casio or e.g. some Yamaha pianos have better sound, but it certainly isn't a result of Casio not manufacturing acoustic pianos.

#2061228 - 04/08/13 10:50 AM Re: Your preference of DP piano sound from various brands. [Re: PtJaa]
xorbe Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Mt View, CA
Originally Posted By: PtJaa
uses

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"

#2061518 - 04/08/13 09:33 PM Re: Your preference of DP piano sound from various brands. [Re: pianoworldanon]
Dave B Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia area
xorbe, What does the word "uses" mean?

#2061682 - 04/09/13 03:55 AM Re: Your preference of DP piano sound from various brands. [Re: pianoworldanon]
mabraman Offline

Loc: Valencia, Spain
@pianoworldanon

You have said you live 2 hours from a place where a DP could be repaired, and you are very concerned about reliability and after-sale service (now about sound).
There's a lot to read in the forum, but perhaps the first thing is to change your attitude. You don't like your Casio, and you didn't make a good purchase. Ok, then try to learn some lesson from it all that help you in the future.
How about negotiating some (3 year?) home assistance with the dealer (perhaps at the cost of some extra money), like an insurance?
And with regards to the sound...nothing better than a live test.
Yamaha: round, stretched, well built, old technology, reliable. Your daught, you and grandma will al like it!
Kawai: bright, dynamic, risky, innovative, more character, hard to drive.
Software pianos: I guess it should be your choice. Better overall sound (and more customizable), you can choose every component in the sound chain (good 2nd hand options) and get spare parts when needed...this, along with maybe some sertraline would do it easier, from my own experience smile

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
141 registered (Atrys, accordeur, Art_Vandelay, ajames, 35 invisible), 1881 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75584 Members
42 Forums
156285 Topics
2295272 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Music competitions are rife with corruption says JLWebbr
by pianoloverus
07/30/14 02:51 PM
Midi support removed from OS X?
by fizikisto
07/30/14 02:41 PM
Some interesting finds in a museum visit today!
by LarryShone
07/30/14 01:06 PM
Help with a Bluthner
by Classicalist
07/30/14 12:54 PM
Yamaha DGX650 - looking for an alternative! Need advice
by Karinioza
07/30/14 11:51 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission