Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
123 registered (accordeur, anotherscott, 36251, 38 invisible), 1441 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 38 of 38 < 1 2 ... 36 37 38
Topic Options
#2335136 - 10/07/14 06:07 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
john thomas Offline

Loc: s.f. bay area
This is my first post here. I have been playing piano poorly for about 40 years. Very VERY poorly. I hope to maybe take it seriously if i can find the time. i am more of a guitar player. And hello everybody. smile

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#2335146 - 10/07/14 06:29 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
earlofmar Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
Hello john thomas, where there is a will there is a way or so they say.

#2340917 - 10/24/14 10:23 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
Hitry Plan Offline

Missing pictures from the start in this thread makes me sad frown
I am 41, my name is Vladimir, and I live in Moscow, Russia. Not piano skills until 40. My first instrument was Casio CDP200. So-so, keys is very heavy, not very touchable. Now I have Yamaha P155, much better. I use Alfred course, Hamphries book, and Will Barrow course. Also, Im impressing many good books about piano, like The Piano Shop on the Left Bank: Discovering a Forgotten Passion in a Paris Atelier, Piano Lessons: Music, Love, and True Adventures, Grand Obsession: A Piano Odyssey.
Cheers.

Edited by Hitry Plan (10/24/14 10:26 AM)

#2340928 - 10/24/14 10:43 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
Arizona Sage Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA, Earth
Not sure if I've ever truly introduced myself either and this appears to be the proper thread to do so!

I'm Kevin, 45 years old, from Arizona. I've been playing piano on and off for about 5 years now; guitar for about 30 years or so. Fan of jazz, blues, gospel, rock, metal, classical, techno and enjoy learning!!! Currently playing guitar and keys in a classic rock band here in the Phoenix area.

My musical thingys: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=189614

Korg Kronos X88

#2340937 - 10/24/14 11:00 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
jotur Online   blank
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Ooo, classic rock smile And playing in a band is a fun thing, too.

Hello to all of you who are new to the forum. Hope you participate in many of our great threads!

Cathy

#2341036 - 10/24/14 02:09 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: john thomas]
Johan B Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: The Netherlands, Grootegast-Gr...
Originally Posted By: john thomas
This is my first post here. I have been playing piano poorly for about 40 years. Very VERY poorly. I hope to maybe take it seriously if i can find the time. i am more of a guitar player. And hello everybody. smile

John Thomas,

Welcome at pianoworldforums. I was churchorganist from 1966-1988. Left church and stopped playing organ. Active music was low-profile........I restarted active pianoplaying at the age of 53......

So.......Never too old to restart music.....and before all.......enjoy music!

Good luck,

Johan B

Edited by Johan B (10/24/14 02:16 PM)

Currently working on:Sonaten of Haydn/Mozart, Suites Bach/Hšndel, Sonate pathetique Beethoven
'Nil volentibus arduum'
https://m.youtube.com/user/JohanBenjaminsMusic

#2341083 - 10/24/14 03:46 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
Doritos Flavoured Offline

Loc: Brazil
hello, folks. Guess I've not introduced myself here (at least in Adult Beginners)

Ricardo here, 40 years, from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I have a long passion for piano and classical music, but being a shy guy prevented me from following the concert or recital path: I took piano lessons in my youth for about 3 years and then turned away. Only in recent years I got myself enough free time to pursue piano playing again. I play for myself for the love of it, a true amateur.

It's great to participate in an online community of other piano lovers...

my piano haiku

#2341931 - 10/27/14 09:53 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Wow, so many "new members"!!! thumb

Kawai Player - Welcome to Piano World! Very nice to read and understand your approach to music, ad piano. It's quite similar to mine: no rush and no 'level' traget to achieve. I know what you mean thumb.
Looking forward to listen your piece in the next Recital. Oh, and what a great idea to do some duets with your wife! Great!

ZikO - Welcome to Piano World! Looking forward to read about your progress. Have a nice journey!

J.T.1986 - Welcome to Piano World! Don't forget to share your stories and achievements with us!

Nahum - Wow, so much experience! I don't think you're a "beginner" anymore, but I'm sure you can help this community... Welcome to PW!

ChristyM - Hi Chris! Don't worry about not having any musical background. Just enjoy your journey, keep practicing, and don't forget to have lots of fun. Welcome!

Exo - Welcome Markus! I'm sure you'll "hit" the right keys, in the right moment smile Enjoy your journey!

john thomas - Nice to know that you didn't quit playing piano. 40 years? Wow, I'm sure you've lots of stories to share!

Hitry Plan - Welcome to Piano World! Good collection of books, right?

Arizona Sage - Nice to know you have a band! Welcome to PW!

Doritos Flavoured - OlŠ e bem-vindo ao PianoWorld! Hello and welcome to PW! You're in great company here, Ricardo. Have a nice journey.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Self-taught since 12/2009
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.

#2342462 - 10/28/14 03:02 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
Doritos Flavoured Offline

Loc: Brazil
obrigado, amig„o. Acho que eu tinha um cadastro aqui antes de 2009, mas esqueci a senha: pianoid smile

my piano haiku

#2343345 - 10/30/14 12:07 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Doritos Flavoured]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Doritos Flavoured
obrigado, amig„o. Acho que eu tinha um cadastro aqui antes de 2009, mas esqueci a senha: pianoid smile

Boa! … sempre bom ler portuguÍs neste site. thumb
Good! It's always nice to read some portuguese around here.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2359846 - 12/09/14 09:31 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
catsprawl90 Offline

Hi everyone!

This is my first post.
I`m a 24 year old female from Norway. I started playing piano in January this year, without a teacher. On beforehand I didn`t know anything about music theory or notes Ė but I decided to try learning, so I bought myself a digital keyboard (Yamaha YPT-340).
I was mesmerized by the thought of learning to play anything on this wonderful instrument...
And every little step is rewarding.

#2359847 - 12/09/14 09:35 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Welcome catsprawl90!
What a great decision! And welcome to the "self taught" club! thumb

Keep posting your progress.
Have a nice journey and, most of all, have fun and enjoy it!

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2360013 - 12/09/14 06:17 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
Johan B Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: The Netherlands, Grootegast-Gr...
Catsprawl90..........

Welcome to the club of pianoplayers/pianolovers.......

It's nice to be here....... thumb

Write here your ideas, feelings etc about piano(music)..... You're among friends...

Best regards,
Johan B

Currently working on:Sonaten of Haydn/Mozart, Suites Bach/Hšndel, Sonate pathetique Beethoven
'Nil volentibus arduum'
https://m.youtube.com/user/JohanBenjaminsMusic

#2360454 - 12/10/14 10:55 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
mek42 Offline

I'm 40 and trying to learn some music to pass on to our 3 year old daughter. I've owned a Korg C3500 for quite a few years, but never did more than dabbled. I played tuba in elementary school and junior high, am also learning guitar (trying to do classical on a steel string acoustic with no nails - why make things easy for myself?). Lastly, I'm also off and on writing a chamber piece for guitar, recorder and cello - for this I'm using Rosegarden as a notation editor. I'm happy on the digital side, though I do plan to hook up the Korg to my laptop to get more voices soon.

My daughter will often join me on the bench to "play" piano with me, which makes effective practice, shall we say, challenging.

#2360528 - 12/11/14 04:08 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

mke42, welcome to PianoWorld!
I used to play piano to my daughter when she was 8/9yo. Now, and after 5 years, she's learning guitar and she has a nice musical ear. She also plays piano with ease, and I think it was important to share my music with her when she was younger.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

#2360851 - 12/12/14 08:01 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
catsprawl90 Offline

Thanks CarlosCC and Johan B for the kind welcome:)

#2360991 - 12/12/14 03:45 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
Cat_W Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi,
I'm new to pianoworld and just registered today. :-)
I've two children and when the elder one started to play piano I joined her after a couple of months together with my younger one. I had piano lessons when I was a kid but I was that kind of kid that didn't practice a lot... During the years I forgot pretty much and it was hard to get on track again but it's so worth it.
Spring next 2015 it will be three years that I started to play and practice again. :-)
Best, Cat

#2361041 - 12/12/14 05:45 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
1000 Post Club Member

Welcome to the forum Cat W. I hope we get to hear some of your playing soon so look out for our quarterly piano recitals. Given your location you might also be interested in the PW piano party in Lucerne being held next July.

#2361608 - 12/14/14 02:59 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
Cat_W Offline

Loc: Germany
Thank you earlofmar for these great suggestions. I'll check them out but I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to play for other people... ;-)

#2361633 - 12/14/14 04:47 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
Jytte Online   content

Loc: presently Germany (Danish)
Welcome Cat. Don't worry about playing for others, it's just family here smile

#2361653 - 12/14/14 06:35 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
RJ Austin Offline

Loc: Kanagawa, Japan
Hey everybody. I just joined the forum yesterday.

I'm 41 years old and will turn 42 in February. I'm originally from Detroit but have lived in Japan for over 9 years. I play Bass guitar but have wanted to learn piano for many years. My wife and I decided to restore her 30 year Kawai NS-15 upright (it hasn't been played in almost 25 years) and it will be delivered to our newly built home this coming Saturday. (Can't wait!)!I'm looking forward to creating Music and try having fun.

Oh yeah, I have an 8 year-old son who has been playing for 4 years. Hoping he can show his pops a thing or 2. :-)

- Reg

#2361658 - 12/14/14 07:02 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
1000 Post Club Member

Welcome to the forum Reg. Having previous experience with another instrument is a slight advantage even if it is that you already know playing an instrument can be demanding and need some sort of regime.

Wishing you all the best with your new piano and hoping to hear you play it. If ever there were an internet site where people don't judge you and are eager to see others do well, this is it.

#2361960 - 12/15/14 03:36 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
maju Offline

Hello, I'm 65 and started teaching myself piano about 18 months ago. I had always wanted to be able to play but had told myself that it was now too late, until a friend persuaded me otherwise. I could already read music and knew a few basics as I'd had a couple of years of piano lessons in my teens and another year or so in my early 20s, but my fingers had forgotten almost everything they ever knew when I first took it up again last year. I started with a 66 key keyboard (in case it turned out I wasn't serious about this endeavour) and a couple of months ago upgraded to an 88 key DP. This is one of the best things I've ever done for myself.

#2361962 - 12/15/14 03:50 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
alans Offline

It is never to late to learn to play an instrument. Good for you for deciding to finally pick it up. Music is such a wonderful thing,everyone at whatever age deserves to enjoy it. Good luck with your study and keep us posted with your progress.

#2361964 - 12/15/14 03:53 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
1000 Post Club Member

welcome to the forum maju and I agree buying ourselves a decent piano is one of the best things we can do. Enjoy the music.

#2362321 - 12/16/14 11:32 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Cat_W - Welcome to PW! What kind of pieces you like to play?

RJ Austin - Welcome to PW! And congratulations for your Kawai. I bet you're going to do some duets with your son thumb

maju - Welcome to PW! And welcome to the "self taught club", too. Have fun, and keep posting your progress with us.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Page 38 of 38 < 1 2 ... 36 37 38

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
- > Gift Ideas for Music Lovers < -
From PianoSupplies.com a division of Piano World.
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Experienced pianist: digital piano to "replace" grand
by integris
Today at 05:39 PM
why do I suddenly have clacking bass notes
by music32
Today at 04:57 PM
Kawai Digital Piano
by Deegs23
Today at 03:28 PM
A new clip of the great Don Pullen in action
by rintincop
Today at 01:41 PM
A new clip of the great Don Pullen in action
by rintincop
Today at 01:38 PM
Forum Stats
77340 Members
42 Forums
159960 Topics
2349165 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission