Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
RECITAL TIME!
Attention music teachers, we have gift items for your students. Students, we have gift items for your teacher!

Teacher & Student Gift Items

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
133 registered (alerique, accordeur, ambrozy, 36251, alwatson, ahoffmann, 37 invisible), 1651 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 44 of 44 < 1 2 42 43 44
Topic Options
#2506757 - 02/03/16 05:50 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]
Ulven Offline

Loc: Glasgow, Scotland
No problem, Tom.

Regards,

Steve.

Kawai ES100, mainly played through a set of AKG K550's. Perils of thin walls and flatmates. wink

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2511766 - 02/17/16 01:03 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]
Hariharan Offline

Loc: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Hello ABF members,

I am a complete beginner at 35 years with no musical background at all. I accidentally came across Schubert's Ave Maria in a TV show and was completely overwhelmed by it. This was about a year ago. Since then, I've set my car radio to the Classical station and have been slowly expanding my appreciation of Western Classical music.

I decided to learn to play the Piano a month ago and got(saved) a Clavinova CLP 220 from a dump of a place. Apparently the thing was just lying unused for 7 years. The cabinet and instrument themselves were in top notch condition once I got the dust and grime off of it. I had my first class 3 weeks ago and my weekly classes have been a blast with a very understanding and experienced teacher. I go to a local private arts academy where a lot of moms bring their tiny ones for music dance and singing lessons. It is very humbling and sometimes odd experience to wait with the little ones in the lobby while my teacher finishes with the little girl scheduled before me.

I have signed up for the MOYD2016 challenge and hope to continue with my record of playing everyday for the last month.I am very excited about this journey.
Thank you.

You have a right to perform your prescribed duty, but you are not entitled to the fruits of action. Never consider yourself the cause of the fruits of thy labor, and never be attached to inaction.

-Bhagavad Gita

#2511855 - 02/17/16 04:16 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]
JimF Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida
Hi Hariharan, and welcome to the ABF. You will find lots of folks around here that have been down a path similar to yours. If you have questions or issues, just ask. You will usually get a good range of views on most subjects.

Jim
My Foolish Heart-Young

Estonia L190 #7284

#2511976 - 02/18/16 12:26 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]
earlofmar Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
welcome Hariharan, this is an exciting journey especially at the beginning. However it isn't always smooth sailing and even although there may be ups and down as you progress, you will still find a deep satisfaction in music.

XL, XXXVIII-9-XXX

#2512244 - 02/18/16 06:15 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: JimF]
Hariharan Offline

Loc: Tulsa, Oklahoma

Originally Posted By JimF
Hi Hariharan, and welcome to the ABF. You will find lots of folks around here that have been down a path similar to yours. If you have questions or issues, just ask. You will usually get a good range of views on most subjects.

Jim

Thank you Jim.

Originally Posted By earlofmar
welcome Hariharan, this is an exciting journey especially at the beginning. However it isn't always smooth sailing and even although there may be ups and down as you progress, you will still find a deep satisfaction in music.

Thank you. i understand the path ahead and hope to keep a Stoic attitude through it. Hopefully the nice folks and articles in this forum will pull me through the downs.

You have a right to perform your prescribed duty, but you are not entitled to the fruits of action. Never consider yourself the cause of the fruits of thy labor, and never be attached to inaction.

-Bhagavad Gita

#2512390 - 02/19/16 05:42 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Hariharan]
Rerun Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisiana

Quote:
Thank you. i understand the path ahead and hope to keep a Stoic attitude through it. Hopefully the nice folks and articles in this forum will pull me through the downs.

Hey Harihan, welcome aboard! Make playing/practicing FUN somehow ... I don't think a "how to" book about that has been written yet, so keep another piano book in the back of your mind while on the path too. grin

You're gonna do great!

"Seat of the pants piano player" DMD

#2512406 - 02/19/16 07:22 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]
bbTofu Offline

Loc: Israel
I'm Bob, 26 y/o from Israel.
Finishing my last year as a BSW student (B.A in social work). Social work is probably one of the rarest things that I've been consistent about. I have great passion for what life has to offer, but the passion often shifts from one thing to another - you know how it is.
I've always admired music, from psychedelic trance in all it's forms to alternative rock, to hindi music, to blues and classical music.

Last december I was in Amsterdam and spontaneously ordered a ticket to some concert in Concertgebouw - it was with the pianist Jean-Yves Thibaudet and Alma Quartet - and we were blown away (me and my friend). I came back to Israel with this unresting desire to play classical but didn't want to play it through the guitar so I in late december I took a friend's old yamaha psr 295 that was barely working, and later in january I bought my digital piano! Unfortunately I cannot find a teacher who's into classical music in my town so I'm teaching myself.

I also have a short span of attention (ADD) and I'm amazed how long I find myself practicing the piano, amazing how something that is so 'igniting' overcomes some of the brain shortages so to speak smile smile

#2512410 - 02/19/16 07:32 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]
hyena Offline

Ello, ello. I'm Dario, from the Netherlands.

I play the piano since I was 16, now I'm 22. There wasn't really a reason why I started playing, I just always wanted to be able to play an instrument. Out of all instruments the piano I thought was the best, since it's the instrument that sounds best when played solo, imo. It was the instrument that stood out most for me. So out of implusivity I bought a small 64 note keyboard, and started playing, teaching myself from YouTube.

I'm usually not the type of person that actually keeps practicing something, though with piano this was very different. I never feel good enough, always see I could be a million times better so that's fuel for practice. I sometimes find myself practicing over 6 hours straight.

#2512504 - 02/19/16 12:37 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]
bSharp[C]yclist Offline

Loc: Orange County, California
Hell0;

I'm new here smile I recently started taking piano lessons, working with a teacher and part way through the Alfred's Adult Series, Book 2. Looking forward to learning from others here.

#2512697 - 02/19/16 09:26 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: mr_super-hunky]
earlofmar Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
welcome bSharpCyclist, hyena and bbTofu, interesting how we find with piano a concentration and devotion we never thought we had. These are essential working skills to get us through some of the more tedious practice sessions. Hoping to hear more from you guys as you experience a wonderful journey.

XL, XXXVIII-9-XXX

Page 44 of 44 < 1 2 42 43 44

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!

--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
(ad)
Hammond A100 for Sale!
PRICE DROPPED!
(Think B3)
Hammond A100 for sale!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad 125)
Sweetwater $55,000 Giveaway
Sweetwater $55,000 Mic Locker Giveaway
(ads)
PD - WNG - MH
PianoDisc
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What piano wood do you prefer?
by andres_1001
28 minutes 5 seconds ago
Soundboard braces
by Beemer
52 minutes 3 seconds ago
The Troll thread for Fer Kawai de Kawai
by bennevis
Today at 05:50 PM
Backposts
by andres_1001
Today at 05:15 PM
Piano String Covers - Canada
by ryanmanwich
Today at 04:29 PM
Forum Stats
83,497 Registered Members
44 Forums
172,376 Topics
2,520,930 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2016 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission