2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
29 members (crab89, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, Fried Chicken, CraiginNZ, bwv543, Cominut, 9 invisible), 1,250 guests, and 280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
W
W
Mike,

I don't suppose you got to try the PX-5S though the new EV ZLX 12P. I am led to believe that they are amazing - especially for the money.

willf
We will be on ustream again today from about 12-6 central time. Come join in, ask questions.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
I've heard great things about the EV's. We've been using QSC speakers over the last year and they've been great.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
Thank you, Mike Martin for setting up that live stream, and answering all my questions.

That was the first time I ever watched something like that and have my questions answered.

Looking forward to the PX5S release soon!

Last edited by Tyruke; 03/17/13 02:46 AM.
D
D
Anyone know if the PX-5S is on it's way to the shops any time soon?

I'm really thinking of getting the PX-5S but i have also looked at the PX-350(although never played one). Does anyone have any input comparing these two boards?

I'm mostly gonna be playing at home and some band situations and would like to have the built in speakers of the 350, though getting some monitors for the PX-5S would be an alternative. The PX-5S also seems really appealing with it's great control features.
Will it be a good board for home use as well as stage?

Any input would be much appreciated!

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I'd wait for the PX-5S...

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
Originally Posted by Deltron
Will it be a good board for home use as well as stage?

Basically, you're getting Casio's best piano engine, with all resonance features activated, new and vastly improved electric piano tones and effects, plus a hex-layer synth section.

What you'll be missing is the half-pedaling feature, which will make it less appealing for more serious classical and jazz work, and no built-in music stand or speakers. So, apart from these absent features (for which there are workarounds), it will be just as good at home as on stage!

"you don't need to have been a rabbit in order to become a veterinarian"

mabraman, 2015
The PX-5S will ship to stores at the end of this week.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
Originally Posted by Mike_Martin

Correction, they shipped last Friday

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
Thanks for posting. Stephan De Reine just seems to be having so much fun improvising on the PX-5S! The overall sound is very pleasing and dynamic. The octave above middle C seems to suffer a little - which has long been noticeable in the Casio range (you can hear a slight "plinkiness" in single-note runs) - but measured against the fact that no DP is perfect at any price, it's no biggie, IMO. And the PX-5S has a lot more capability than many other stage pianos when you consider what else is available on-board.

"you don't need to have been a rabbit in order to become a veterinarian"

mabraman, 2015
J
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by voxpops
...The octave above middle C seems to suffer a little - which has long been noticeable in the Casio range (you can hear a slight "plinkiness" in single-note runs)

"Plinkiness" - that's the word I was looking for to describe it. No biggie indeed for stage use and certainly not in the light of the total package offered in this price range. But for more serious classical / subtle Jazz music I'm still not sure. Would have to try before buy (as always). Playing with the volume ADSR curve won't help much ; it's the sound itself that thins out pretty fast after the initial attack in the mid/high range, after which it rings on very nice and smooth for along while , but the initial phase misses some 'body' ; I think this is also what Voxpop means by plinkiness.

No Casio bashing - just honest personal judgement and again as a whole the PX5S is a very interesting beast that will please lots of people. Probably some AP presets will be more suitable for classical performance than others anyway. The "Dolce" is already a big difference (although some attack 'thinness' remains , compared to a high end SW or hardware DP).

If the PX can be tweaked enough to give the mid/high range attack a bit more (longer) substance that would help scratch off the last major difference to the more expensive competition in terms of AP sound. The PX has already a lot more to offer in the rest of the feature and sound set...

Just heard that my PX-5S has been shipped... excited! I'll post first impressions...

Aboard Datawake in the San Juan Islands
(with boat piano)
Nomadic Research Labs
I wrote this on the other forum where you posted Nomadness...but this is relevant here too:

I'm deeply humbled that you pre-ordered the PX-5S. I admit, I was surprised to find out that we shipped some out a week earlier than I expected.

As I mentioned a few pages back in this thread we have have a firmware update coming. There are some significant new features but this update also gives me the opportunity to go back over the 100 Stage Settings and make some revisions. We're doing things like tweaking knob/slider assignments and other improvements like using the new toggle footswitch feature for rotary speaker effects and more.

It may be sooner but my estimate is about a week before the update is posted. The PC/Mac editors will follow shortly after.

We will be posting Stage Settings and other tones regularly but these will require the 1.10 update. They're not backwards compatible to 1.00. Anything you create however will be forward compatible to 1.10.

I'll be posting tips and guides as often as possible over at http://priviapro.wordpress.com
especially over the next couple weeks.

Thanks,

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
D
D
Do you have any knowledge of when it will be available in Scandinavia?
The Casio distributor don't seem to have any info

I
I

Hi Mike,
Thanks for all your updates and info on this product. I pre ordered with guitar center, I was wondering if you already shipped to them as well. Haven't heard from them yet.
Thank you for your time.

Originally Posted by Deltron
Do you have any knowledge of when it will be available in Scandinavia?
The Casio distributor don't seem to have any info

They are probably working that out during the meetings at Musik Messe this week. Sorry I don't have any specific information.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
Originally Posted by Itsgotta

Hi Mike,
Thanks for all your updates and info on this product. I pre ordered with guitar center, I was wondering if you already shipped to them as well. Haven't heard from them yet.
Thank you for your time.

GC like many of our other accounts did pre-order the PX-5S. I don't however know how many existing orders they have vs how many we shipped them in this first shipment. I would suggest that you contact them directly.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
J
J
Hello:
Just wanted to let you all know that my PX-5S was just delivered. I haven't even opened it let but wanted to thank Mike Martin (like many have done before me) for being such a great ambassador for this product. I ordered my PX-5S the day I saw Mike's first demo online at NAMM which actually was the day after I bought a Steinway B piano. I would have thought that my GAS would have been satisfied for a while with the Steinway B...especially since it is my first full size grand...I already own 5 other baby grand pianos and a dozen or so MIDI controllers/keyboards including a Casio CDP-200R and a Casio PX-330, but Mike's enthusiasm and commitment to this product is so addicting that I had to order it sight unseen. Hats off to you Mike and Casio for coming so far since the first Casio CZ-101 I had some 30 years ago.

I should probably stop rambling here, throw some batteries into the PX-5S and the battery powered Roland KC-110 amp I just picked up for the 5S and go play some tunes out in the street or something....

cheers

Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission