2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
58 members (Barry_Braksick, Adam Reynolds, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, Cheeeeee, 8 invisible), 1,587 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 338 of 370 1 2 336 337 338 339 340 369 370
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Rupak please do it all,.. the best you can, you can always redo it in the future.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
RIP Sir Colin Davis

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
So nice to see you all again, Rupack, Eglantine and Griffin! Sorry to hear you were sick, Carpi, I wish you a fast recovery.

I’ve read the news of the death of Colin Davis this morning, Timmy. It’s a big and sad loss. Some years ago, I could attend a concert conducted by him in my city. Precisely in that concert Colin Davis conducted the second symphony of Sibelius. It was amazing.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
this is beautifull artwork...

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013
500 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
Hya Eglantine, a good sunday post there, albeit very heavy and serious!!
could you explain to RST readers what you do for fun after listening to that? It must be stupendous fun if it is the counterpart to a balanced life with heavy harpsichord on one side of the scales and what on the other?
the only thing I can think of is you partied big time at trafalger square yesterday!! lol.

boo hoo nobody said " good to see old rossy dipping in and out" boo hoo...

Hey Rossy, after too much hospital-yuk, having my new/old harpsichord fixed up - and sounding so much better! - plus playing chromatic Sweelinck really is on the up side of the scales.

And on the last matter... you are always around! ?

Currently working on: F. Couperin - Preludes & Sweelinck - Fantasia Chromatica
J.S. Bach, Einaudi, Purcell, Froberger, Croft, Blow, Frescobaldi, Glass, Couperin
1930s upright (piano) & single manual William Foster (harpsichord)
[Linked Image]
M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
I posted this on the non classical area and thought you guys might like it. Normally I don't enjoy watching kids who are so good it makes me look stupid, but Emily Bear is a joy...here recording on an Estonia concert grand with Quincy Jones for her new album...enyoy...and you will love the groove at the 1:58 mark.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3SUsTXTbE68[/video]

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Mahrk, what? I have been tricked and am dismayed and anxious again. I started out semi OK today as well.
I now need another ameretto to get me over the above post.
Thinking I was going to see some kid play with her toes, as the advert above clearly states on the youtube video, I clicked on the link.

I totaly believed Mark meant that he was frustrated that a kid could play better with its toes than he could with his fingers.

I could relate to this, I even started to empathise with mark, and allmost felt sorry for him, untill I clicked on the link that is, and that was when all my normal human emotions went out of the window.

I clicked on the link and watched with horror at the lack of toe dexterity. but worse, the audio had been hijacked and turned into the J word.

As all the dudes and dudettes know full well, old Rossy cannot even say the J word anymore, let alone listen to it as it injures my ears and makes my eyes bleed .

I can only apologise folks on behalf of Marks accidental posting of stuff with the J word content audible.

This is a most unusual developement, the sneakig of the J word stuff onto RST disguised as some sort of clever cuteness in the piano playing department.

M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
I like Jazz!!

Don't you like Jazz?

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
er, no, I had a whole thread entitled "why do i hate jazz?" it went on for ages and then got locked because of a naughty picture. I then had to start this thread because of it.
Sometimes Griffin someone posts jazz here but they allways warn and say so.

this is because there are many threads on pianoworld where folk go to jazz on about jazz stuff and other clever stuff and elbow patches and geography teachers and beards and pipe smoking and stuff and discuss complicated chord things with long names and its too clever for me by far and wayne probably prefers lady gaga .

I started this thread for folks to enjoy each others music, and talk about stuff and things that concern them, their hopes, aspirations, dreams, loves and dissapointments.

We dont want to injure folks with jazz, because of the compensation culture we live in, I may get sued if anyone sustains a jazz related injury.

M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
Check out the piano at 1:07...

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Mark...
I like Jazz!!

Don't you like Jazz?

I LOVE Jazz!!!...and lots of other music. Mark, I've been real busy, and haven't been posting lately. Thanks for both postings. I do hope you'll post some more. It's true that I oftentimes give a warning when I'm going to post it so that Rossy is prepared. However, it's not required. smile

We all have a variety of music interests. BTW, I loved both of your posts today. I'll try to return the favor with a contribution of my own. I'll be back shortly.

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
please let it be your usual standard Griffin and not any more J today, two in one day is enough for my hemerhoids.

Six days and counting to mendelssohn,and reading up on the dude, he was quite an interesting and very gentle type of gentleman dude.

We will be interspersing the pieces with some good and interesting mendelssohn facts from some source books, plus some piccies of him.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
please let it be your usual standard Griffin and not any more J today, two in one day is enough for my hemerhoids.

I don't know what my "standard" is Rossy. However, I do like this piece with Van Morrison and John Lee Hooker. I think you might enjoy it. If not, perhaps Mark and others will.

Here they perform "Gloria."

Last edited by griffin2417; 04/15/13 06:47 PM.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Greetings everyone! It's a good thing I didn't have to go to work today, or I'd really be in a grumpy mood right now. My day started off with having to cancel my piano lesson (which I was really looking forward to) because my car had a flat tire, and it couldn't be repaired. I was just thrilled with having to pay for new tires cursing

Things did get better by the time I got home from the tire shop. I decided to listen to Rupak's ICM recording from yesterday while I had my cup of green tea. THANKS RUPAK!!! That was just what I needed today.

I'll listen to the other postings later this week. Well, off I go. I will check in later this weekend. It's going to be a hectic week!

Later!

Last edited by griffin2417; 04/15/13 07:11 PM.

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
What's ICM?

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by wayne33yrs
What's ICM?

Hi Wayne. ICM stands for Indian Classical Music. I just realized that you were away from the thread for several months. During that period Rupak introduced us to traditional classical Indian music (ICM). Rupak often presented them on Satuurdays. One of his postings yesterday is but one example.

I highly recommend you explore some of Rupak's postings of ICM. I learned a lot!

Carl

A

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member
A
not any more J today, two in one day is enough for my hemerhoids.

Calm yourself.

M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by griffin2417

I don't know what my "standard" is Rossy. However, I do like this piece with Van Morrison and John Lee Hooker. I think you might enjoy it. If not, perhaps Mark and others will.

thanks Griffin!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I think it's interesting the idea of making music videos from arias or any kind of vocal piece written by the great composers, as long as that piece can work alone. Here is a touching example on Monteverdi's music.

Night!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Ah, I see Griffin, thnx smile

I saw this question (in a FB quiz) and didn't know the answer "What does ‘coda’ mark, in a musical piece?" Googled it and I still don't fully understand. Is it about "transition"?

Page 338 of 370 1 2 336 337 338 339 340 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,310
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission