Good afternoon folks,
Kawai Japan has recently issued software updates for the following digital pianos:
Below is an overview of the changes for each instrument.CS9/CS6
V1.07 (April 2013)
- Fixed: Issue with ‘Auto Power Off’ function.
V1.06 (April 2013)
– Fixed: When FSW is assigned to the HOLD function, the pedal is pressed, some keys are played, the ZONE is turned off, and the keys are released, the played notes are now turned off correctly.
– Fixed: The sostenuto pedal could cause notes to ‘click’ in some playing situations.
V1.07 (April 2013)
- Changed: Pressing the PLAY/STOP button when in ‘normal’ (i.e. voice-only) mode will no longer start song playback immediately. Instead, the Recorder screen will be shown, then pressing the PLAY/STOP button again will start playback.
- Changed: It is no longer possible to change sounds while recording to the 16-track USB recorder, as this functionality is not supported by the SMF format.
- Fixed: Split point was not recorded correctly in some cases.
- Fixed: Metronome settings were not recorded correctly in some cases.
- Fixed: A-B loop point was not cleared when changing song memories.
- Improved: Added automatic note-off function (required when using continuous sounds such as organ).
- Fixed: Tempo calculation when playing notes very quick or very slowly.
- Improved: Lesson recording operation can now be cancelled during the count-in period.
- Fixed: MIDI OUT program change numbers when Multi-timbral mode was off or on1.
- Fixed: Balance was not correctly stored in User Memory.
- Changed: Default registration when enabling Split mode.
- Fixed: Balance slider was operational even during Panel Lock.
The software updates and update instructions can be downloaded directly from Kawai Japan at the the following URL:http://www.kawai.co.jp/worldwide/support/updates.html
Note that Kawai software updates are cumulative - i.e. the latest update also includes the fixes and improvements from previous updates.
Please feel free to post your feedback to the above updates in this thread.