Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#2079748 - 05/09/13 09:30 AM Re: European Piano Party [Re: Saranoya]
Saranoya Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Brussels, Belgium
Pity to hear you can't join us, Chris. frown
Better luck next time!

Currently Playable
Bach 846, 926, 930
Beethoven 27/2 mvt. 1
Burgmüller 100/3, 4, 7, 12, 15, 19, 25
Chopin 72/1
Clementi 36/1
Grieg 12/1, 7
Tchaikovsky 39/9

Future
Burgmüller 109
Bartok Sz 56
Mozart K331

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#2080132 - 05/10/13 02:56 AM Re: European Piano Party [Re: Saranoya]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Redkat - too bad you can't make it --- maybe you'll catch the one in Lisbon next year?

We've booked our hotel ! smile
Things are moving along!

#2087478 - 05/23/13 02:55 PM Re: European Piano Party [Re: Saranoya]
Saranoya Offline
500 Post Club Member

OK, guys. Change of plans.

My apartment has been in an eternal state of 'almost done ... but not quite' since, oh, December 2012 or so. However, as of yesterday, it is officially done. The construction guys have left me to figure out for myself how to get a working doorbell in here, but oh well ... that's the least of my concerns. I have working plumbing, heating, toilets, and a kitchen. That'll do!

So, I would hereby officially like to invite you all to come have the piano party at my home. My piano is a small Boston grand, as most of you know, and it will have been freshly tuned the day before the party. Lunch will be out on the town, my treat, but I will provide snacks in the afternoon, and pizzas for those who wish to stick around until after dinner (by which time we should be heading for Brosella).

The benefits of this over the Etterbeek venue are many:
  • I live within walking distance of the railway station Bruxelles Nord, which is a much bigger station than the one in Etterbeek and has about a hundred trains an hour, as well as good Metro and tram/bus connections.
  • No time limit: we play for as long as we want.
  • Lots of sheet music on my shelves, most of which I can't play, but cordially invite you all to take a crack at.
  • We can eat and drink (or not) pretty much whatever we want whenever we want, instead of relying on the bar service at the venue. There's a supermarket right across the street.

The only thing I'm a little reluctant about is posting my home address on the internet for all the world to see. So if you plan on coming, please send me a PM, and I will reply to you with the address and a few more details.

Cheers,
Sara

Currently Playable
Bach 846, 926, 930
Beethoven 27/2 mvt. 1
Chopin 72/1
Clementi 36/1
Grieg 12/1, 7
Tchaikovsky 39/9

Future
Burgmüller 109
Bartok Sz 56
Mozart K331

#2087507 - 05/23/13 03:36 PM Re: European Piano Party [Re: Saranoya]
casinitaly Offline

Sara! I'm so glad that you've got your apartment all in order now! What a relief that must be for you!!!!

Having the party I your home sounds like a great plan! It's very generous of you to open up your home to us and offer refreshments! I think if there's a supermarket right across the street we can easily pop out and pick up fixings for whatever suits our fancy!

You are absolutely right to not post your address for all and sundry to view - PM is a much better idea.

I love how this is all coming together!

#2087587 - 05/23/13 06:27 PM Re: European Piano Party [Re: Saranoya]
Allard Offline

Loc: Netherlands
That is great news, Sara! Still odd that they would present the apartment without a doorbell, but if the important things are th... ~wait a minute, how are we supposed to enter? No doorbell to ring! ("Ja ik moest kloppen want de bel doet het niet.")

Ahem.

Will your apartment have room for the lot of us? There seemed to be some interest from a few people outside ABF. How many will we be?

#2087589 - 05/23/13 06:40 PM Re: European Piano Party [Re: Saranoya]
bluebilly Offline

Loc: England
I've only got one comment to make about this planned European Piano Party.....I'M JEALOUS!!. mad

Actually, I hope you all have a great time. thumb

#2087607 - 05/23/13 07:33 PM Re: European Piano Party [Re: Allard]
PaperClip Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Amsterdam, Holland
Originally Posted By: Allard
That is great news, Sara! Still odd that they would present the apartment without a doorbell, but if the important things are th... ~wait a minute, how are we supposed to enter?

Your mobile phone is the door bell. wink

But hey Sara, there are doorbells that dont need a wire connection between bell and button. Isnt that something for you?

I'm jealous you have the supermarket across the street. laugh

Playing since May 02 2009

#2087692 - 05/23/13 11:12 PM Re: European Piano Party [Re: Saranoya]
Saranoya Offline
500 Post Club Member

Yes, Allard, the cell phone is the solution for now. I do have a wireless bell, but I live in the back, and the wireless range of the bell doesn't reach here!

There isn't a *lot* of room, but if I can still count, I think we there will be six of you, or so: casinitaly+1, SwissMS+1, Allard, MrPozor. I'm sure I'm forgetting someone somewhere, but I know PaperClip considered it and then declined, Sinophilia considered it and then declined, torquenale considered it and then declined, and CarlosCC and Ganddalf wanted to come, but never could. So ... should be doable. My table can seat ten people if we squeeze a little :p.

Currently Playable
Bach 846, 926, 930
Beethoven 27/2 mvt. 1
Chopin 72/1
Clementi 36/1
Grieg 12/1, 7
Tchaikovsky 39/9

Future
Burgmüller 109
Bartok Sz 56
Mozart K331

#2087732 - 05/24/13 01:38 AM Re: European Piano Party [Re: Saranoya]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
Having the party at your home sounds marvelous, Saranoya! It is very nice of you to host us. I like the idea of just having lots of time to share our music and noodle around with the piano together. We should get some easy duet music or music for six hands and see how much trouble we can get into!

#2087743 - 05/24/13 02:05 AM Re: European Piano Party [Re: Saranoya]
casinitaly Offline

SwissMS, I was thinking the same thing about duets for six hands! If we can't find that, we can play musical chairs smile

I wonder if "easy" pieces for six hands even exist? The search is on!

patH is coming, already booked, and Boira never got back to say if he/she was able to get the time off.

#2087764 - 05/24/13 03:44 AM Re: European Piano Party [Re: Saranoya]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisboa, Portugal
I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous

Now seriously: I hope you enjoy a lot!

CarlosCC records
Self-learning since 12/2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."

#2087766 - 05/24/13 04:22 AM Re: European Piano Party [Re: Saranoya]
earlofmar Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
I nearly volunteered to come put a bell system in but I don't think my license would cover a European install. Have fun and post pictures.

#2087770 - 05/24/13 05:13 AM Re: European Piano Party [Re: Saranoya]
sinophilia Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014

And videos please!! smile

#2087781 - 05/24/13 06:11 AM Re: European Piano Party [Re: Saranoya]
patH Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Germany
Thanks for the organization, Saranoya! PM to follow.
EDIT: PM to follow a bit later; I'm travelling over the weekend.

Do we meet at your place first and go to lunch afterwards?

Edited by patH (05/24/13 06:44 AM)

#2087789 - 05/24/13 06:35 AM Re: European Piano Party [Re: patH]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
We could do this!!!

Seriously, Saranoya, we wouldn't mistreat your piano in this way.

#2087872 - 05/24/13 09:56 AM Re: European Piano Party [Re: Saranoya]
FarmGirl Online   content

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Nice! Definately I would love to see photos at least!
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute (9/7/14), Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1

#2088019 - 05/24/13 01:33 PM Re: European Piano Party [Re: Saranoya]
casinitaly Offline

How about this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBNVVc_BCgw

lol... In my dreams!

I do see that Gurlitt has a number of easier 6 hand pieces - I'm going to check IMSPL..IMPLS...whatever, you know what I mean...

#2088118 - 05/24/13 03:38 PM Re: European Piano Party [Re: CarlosCC]
torquenale Offline

Originally Posted By: CarlosCC
I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous I'm jealous

Now seriously: I hope you enjoy a lot!

+1! thumb

#2088133 - 05/24/13 04:08 PM Re: European Piano Party [Re: Saranoya]
Saranoya Offline
500 Post Club Member

Cute, SwissMS. I think that does qualify as 'piano abuse' that I'd be better off outlawing if I want to keep my piano serviceable for another twenty years or so.

By the way: do either of the +1's play anything? Not necessarily piano, but perhaps recorder, or guitar, or I don't know what else? We could start an impromptu band wink. Or, well, a jam session at least.

Also, fair warning: I can't sight-read to save my life. And I'm not just being cute or modest here. I. Can't. Do. That. So if you want to do four-hands, or six-hands, sight-reading, go right ahead. I will listen to it with glee. But sadly, I can't participate in it.

I can, however, think of a fun (sort of) game: we take turns playing pieces from our repertoire. The first person who draws a blank does the dishes wink.

(No, not really).

ETA: it could be kind of fun, though. I'm picturing on-the-fly, two-chord arrangements of 'Brother Jacob', here ;), as we reach the bottom of our barrels and start grasping for any and all ways to stay in the game laugh.

By the way, to the person who asked if we will be meeting at my place before lunch: I'm thinking yeah. Not everyone will be arriving at exactly the same time, I imagine. So that would be easiest. Right?

Edited by Saranoya (05/24/13 04:17 PM)
Edit Reason: Added to it

Currently Playable
Bach 846, 926, 930
Beethoven 27/2 mvt. 1
Chopin 72/1
Clementi 36/1
Grieg 12/1, 7
Tchaikovsky 39/9

Future
Burgmüller 109
Bartok Sz 56
Mozart K331

#2088183 - 05/24/13 05:11 PM Re: European Piano Party [Re: Saranoya]
casinitaly Offline

My +1 plays the stereo. smile

I play a bit of guitar though I'm really out of practice.

My sight-reading is ...slow, but I'm willing to try. Maybe if we play a funeral march or something......?

Your idea of playing from repertoire sounds amusing. Quite hilarious actually if I think about what my repertoire consists of......

Nonetheless, I am already feeling a bit keyed up for the event! (In a good way) woohoo!

#2088225 - 05/24/13 06:26 PM Re: European Piano Party [Re: Saranoya]
FarmGirl Online   content

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
I want to join you so badly.

Here's my prayer:
Dear Lord
Will you please time my UK business trip in the week before or after the piano party! I have no way of controlling the project team's timing without your help. Please prevent my business partners from taking summer vacation for the week. It would screw up my timing. I promise I will be very good and serve for others who are in need. Oh it would be so much fun".

I know it probably won't happen - but it never hurts to ask.
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute (9/7/14), Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1

#2088402 - 05/25/13 02:55 AM Re: European Piano Party [Re: Saranoya]
Allard Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Saranoya
ETA: it could be kind of fun, though. I'm picturing on-the-fly, two-chord arrangements of 'Brother Jacob', here ;), as we reach the bottom of our barrels and start grasping for any and all ways to stay in the game laugh.

You can play "Brother Jacob" canon with four hands smile

#2088432 - 05/25/13 06:23 AM Re: European Piano Party [Re: Saranoya]
casinitaly Offline

FarmGirl - love your prayer! I hope it is answered in your favour! I'll join in too!

Sara and Allard..... I couldn't think what Brother Jacob would be....then I realized it is Frere Jacques or Brother John! Too funny.

I think we could ad-lib with "When the Saints go Marching in" too!

#2090647 - 05/28/13 12:17 PM Re: European Piano Party [Re: casinitaly]
RedKat Offline

Loc: Belgium
Originally Posted By: casinitaly
Redkat - too bad you can't make it --- maybe you'll catch the one in Lisbon next year?

We've booked our hotel ! smile
Things are moving along!

Is the next meeting already planned in Lisbon? Wow! I'd love to! Never been to this place before. I hope nothing will interfere the next year

#2090684 - 05/28/13 01:29 PM Re: European Piano Party [Re: Saranoya]
Saranoya Offline
500 Post Club Member

RedKat,

When it became clear that CarlosCC would not be able to make it to this meeting, he offered to host the next one in Lisbon. He apparently was already in contact with Yamaha in regards to this.

So yeah, looks like the next one will be in Lisbon!

It's really a pity you can't make it here in July. It's practically on your doorstep!

Currently Playable
Bach 846, 926, 930
Beethoven 27/2 mvt. 1
Chopin 72/1
Clementi 36/1
Grieg 12/1, 7
Tchaikovsky 39/9

Future
Burgmüller 109
Bartok Sz 56
Mozart K331

#2090696 - 05/28/13 01:49 PM Re: European Piano Party [Re: Saranoya]
Strings & Wood Offline

Gold member until Dec. 2012

Loc: USA
Sounds like you all are having great fun and the party is still how many days away? Seriously, they are a lot of fun.

I, or I should say, my piano has hosted (2) piano parties and we have had a total of (4) here in Denver. Certainly, the piano gets all of the attention, and I like it that way. It breaks the ice, and the conversations flow.

It is great that there are piano party pods springing up in so many locations... especially, should I ever get to Europe.

#2090793 - 05/28/13 03:55 PM Re: European Piano Party [Re: Saranoya]
RedKat Offline

Loc: Belgium
It's practically on your doorstep!

That is why I am so upset. I live in Gent and I could have shown everybody this beautiful city!

#2090853 - 05/28/13 06:28 PM Re: European Piano Party [Re: RedKat]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: RedKat
It's practically on your doorstep!

That is why I am so upset. I live in Gent and I could have shown everybody this beautiful city!

That would have been super....... we will just have to organize well for next year in Lisboa!

#2091200 - 05/29/13 08:12 AM Re: European Piano Party [Re: Saranoya]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisboa, Portugal
So, as the 1st EPP is becoming closer and well organized, I'm already preparing the 2nd EPP in Lisbon. Some news:

- Yamaha has not decided if they will help us. I've already the contact of the Yamaha responsible person in Lisbon and I'm waiting for his response. I still don't know "how" they want to help us.

- Meanwhile, my company has called me to visit the space where I'll have to do an audition next 15/Jun - see AOTW thread -. I think it is a kind of auditorium (don't know how many seats it has) and It's located right in the center of Lisbon. I'm going to check the conditions and ask if they want to receive our EPP. The space is an Art Centre, and it has a restaurant, a cyber-café and some art exhibitions, so we can play, eat, rest, and check PW forum smile

CarlosCC records
Self-learning since 12/2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."

#2091548 - 05/29/13 06:14 PM Re: European Piano Party [Re: CarlosCC]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: CarlosCC
So, as the 1st EPP is becoming closer and well organized, I'm already preparing the 2nd EPP in Lisbon. Some news:

- Yamaha has not decided if they will help us. I've already the contact of the Yamaha responsible person in Lisbon and I'm waiting for his response. I still don't know "how" they want to help us.

- Meanwhile, my company has called me to visit the space where I'll have to do an audition next 15/Jun - see AOTW thread -. I think it is a kind of auditorium (don't know how many seats it has) and It's located right in the center of Lisbon. I'm going to check the conditions and ask if they want to receive our EPP. The space is an Art Centre, and it has a restaurant, a cyber-café and some art exhibitions, so we can play, eat, rest, and check PW forum smile

Carlos, that sounds like a great possibility. It is absurd but ---even though we haven't yet had the FIRST EPP, I'm already looking forward to the second one!...and then the third will be here in Italy right? smile I have some ideas in mind for us here too smile

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
> Robin Spielberg Playing in Maine! <
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
133 registered (AndrewJCW, AndresD, 36251, anotherscott, barbaram, 49 invisible), 1611 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75473 Members
42 Forums
156052 Topics
2291538 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Adjusting Sound During Restringing
by BillJZ
20 minutes 14 seconds ago
My fingers know what my brain has forgotten
by PatrickBl
Yesterday at 08:30 PM
Fully-Rebuilt Pianos Versus New Pianos
by Paul678
Yesterday at 08:12 PM
How do you identify the melody on a sheet of music?
by Alex1
Yesterday at 07:38 PM
Fugue in b Minor
by Ritzycat
Yesterday at 05:34 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission